7 Good

• Sewer Sewer no
  • Water Water no
  • Beach Beach yes
  • Pickleball Pickleball no

Ask fellow campers about "Salt Point State Park" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: December, 2017 - $35.00

Dry camping in over flow. Best views. Close to ocean. Quite No facilities near by. Enjoyed our stay. We camped at Salt Point State Park in a Truck Camper.

Over flow

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $36.00

This is a beautiful place- we originally booked the "beach" side but upon arrival moved to the "Woodside" would definitely camp here again! We camped at Salt Point State Park in a Motorhome.

Lower Loop Woodside

A stunningly beautiful place to visit, many beautiful trails to hike, hike to beach. Wonderful!

Date of Stay: June, 2015 - $35.00

Made reservations at the last minute without much research into this park. The location is a little confusing to get into as the direction on reserve america's website says "20 miles past Jenner". That is it. You are not able to book a specific site, unlike most other CA state parks I have stayed at. The park ranger tells me we drive through and find a site, then come back and let them know the site we want. The ranger was really specific - 3 times - that we were not to unhook our trailer until we came back to let them know what site we selected. Not sure why it mattered, but not a problem. We were in a 35ft travel trailer with 2 slides, although the site shows 31ft as the largest they will allow. I took the chance as I usually do and booked it anyway. There were about 4 sites I could fit into, so I got lucky this time. The site we had was double wide, but short (like 20ft) so we parked diagonally. This is the only park I have ever been to with wooden poles around all the roads and all of the sites (front to back and all around - poles everywhere). There are no hookups at all, and no dumps. I did not use the bathrooms. The walk down to the cliffs was really nice. I wouldn't stay here again. There are better parks in the area. Not a bad park, but I have been to better parks. We camped at Salt Point State Park in a Travel Trailer.

Some Shade, Mostly Shady, Covered Forested
2 campers found this review helpful. Do you? Yes No Undo

Date of Stay: June, 2011 - $35.00

This is a very nice state park. We were here in the middle of the week and the place was practically empty. We had our pick of sites. Needless to say, it was very quiet. The sites all have a picnic table, grill, and food box. The bathrooms were clean (no showers). I didn't notice a dump station. I did take advantage of the lack of vehicles and stopped at a water spigot to fill up my rig's water tank (I definitely wasn't holding up any traffic). As with most state parks I've been in, sites aren't always too level to begin with. Have some extra wood blocks available to help level your rig. The only complaint I have is with the price. $35.00 per night for basically a concrete pad to park on. I understand California's budget is hurting, but that's ridiculous. I don't think I'll go back to this park for that reason. I can get full hook-ups for that. For that reason, I'm only rating this park a 5. If you're a camper and don't mind paying that for no hookups, this is your place. We camped at Salt Point State Park in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Salt Point State Park

Are you affiliated with Salt Point State Park ?