8.7 Excellent

• Horseshoe Pit Horseshoe Pit yes
  • Putt Putt Mini-Golf Putt Putt Mini-Golf yes
  • Ping Pong Ping Pong yes

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $20.00

Pulled in last minute, after a change of plans. The staff woman was courteous and knowledgeable. She warned that the tent campground was likely to be muddy, and seemed surprised when we booked it on a rainy night. We stayed in a campsite with a large hollowed out redwood. Most of the campsites have a vegetation buffer allowing a sense of privacy. We camped at Mystic Forest RV Park in a Tent.

Other

Suggest a visit to Trees of Mystery, a lovely spot and bit of old time Americana.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $32.00

We stayed here for 3 nights. Campsites are mostly grassy pull thrus with trees, but there are a few back-in sites in the forest. Ours was one of the grassy sites with a large redwood tree on each side of us. Hookups worked fine, 30 amp electricity, good water pressure, free wifi was good but sometimes faded in and out. Owners were super friendly and helpful. The lady that checked us in said to come back after we got setup and she spent at least 10 minutes giving us maps of the area and marking places of interest that we might want to see. Things that we would not have known about if we had not stayed here, such as a spectacular vista point at the end of a one lane road that overlooked the mouth of the Klamath river as it flowed into the Pacific. Trees of Mystery is less than a mile north of the campground and Crescent City is 14 miles north. Instead of Trees of Mystery, I recommend driving up to Crescent City and driving the Howland Hill Road. It is a 10 mile dirt road that winds thru huge redwoods. The road is pretty rough, cars with low clearance should probably avoid this road. Stop at Scout Tree Trail and also Scout Grove for beautiful walks thru fern covered ground and magnificent redwoods. No AT&T signal at all in this area, but the owner said that Verizon and US Cellular did have good signal here. We would stay here again. We camped at Mystic Forest RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

If you are looking for a good craft brew, try Seaquake Brewery in Crescent City. Very good beers serving excellent and unique pizzas.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $40.00

This park is older, quiet, with large trees, but the front is dominated by a bunch of old RVs in storage plus a large workshop area with accumulated junk all around it. Our electric service is supposed to be 30 amps, but we kept tripping the breaker at much lower levels. Wifi is sporadic, generally poor when the park fills up. We kept getting a worrisome message from Frontier that the DNS servers were changing, with links we were afraid to use. The owners are very friendly and helpful and the park served us well for touring the area. We camped at Mystic Forest RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: March, 2017 - $32.00

We had a huge spot back in the trees which would be great during warm weather or with a group. Most of the sites are on grassy areas and were not a good option due to the heavy rains this winter. With one exception we were alone during our stay although there did seem to be several rigs permanently parked. Looking at the pedestals the sites did not seem to be uniform in size. There appeared to be several tent sites but a bit of a walk from the restrooms. This park was virtually the only one open in the area at this time of year. The office person was very friendly. Verizon phone was fine but internet was 3 or 4G at the whim of the internet gods. We camped at Mystic Forest RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: December, 2016 - $31.00

This is a nice campground nestled in the Redwoods. The young lady who managed the campground could not have been more helpful. Our site was a very long level pull thru on grass. The utilities were well placed and worked as expected. Easy Direct TV set-up although cable was available. We stayed a week to explore the nearby Redwoods. We had a very enjoyable week and would not hesitate to return. We camped at Mystic Forest RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Take Howland Hill road for an exciting ride thru the Redwoods. It's listed as #4 of 35 on Trip Advisor for attractions in Crescent City. It's a one lane dirt road thru a magnificent Redwood forest. There are occasional pull-outs to avoid oncoming traffic. It's well worth the trip.

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $36.00

We needed a place to stay while visiting the redwoods and this RV park was centrally located for the area.

The check-in process was fast and friendly with the female owner. Our site #15 was on the end and was very large, but very sunny. Others down our row are close together. Water, sewer, 30 amp, and 12 channel TV all worked well. The WiFi worked well for us too (imagine that).

This is a quiet, small, family run place. It is not cement pads, hedges between each site, green grass, pool, kind of place. We happen to like this type of RV park.

We would stay here again. We camped at Mystic Forest RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Dirt, Grass

Spacious, Nearby

I would try to get one of the sites with trees next time.

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $36.00

This is a very nice quiet scenic place to stay. I wish we had more time to stay. We will be back soon. The staff is friendly and quite accommodating. They walked me out to a couple of open sites and allowed me to decide which place I wanted. Great little gift shop and a store with the right things in stock for those missing or forgotten items. Great location with tall trees and lots of hiking trails to walk the dogs on. I really could not ask for much more. We will be back to stay a few weeks next time. We camped at Mystic Forest RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

There is plenty to do right here on site. The area is close to other attractions as well. Lots of coastal breezes and the great smell of the forest. This is a must stay place.

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $36.00

This is by far one if the nicest RV parks and most personal owners I've ever met. The owners spent over 20 mins talking to me about the area and major attractions.

The campsite was beautiful. I had site 5 which is nestled in the woods and provides plenty of shade and is spacious. It is the biggest and best spot in the camp. I highly recommend it.

If I come back to the Redwoods, then I will definitely stay here again! I highly recommend this place! We camped at Mystic Forest RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: September, 2015 - $30.00

We really enjoyed our stay here. Nice and quiet in the woods but easy access for our 38' class A MH. Some RV sites have partial shade and some are sunny and all are grassy. Lots of picnic tables and fire rings. The tent area is very wooded and makes a nice place to take a little walk with the dog. The grass in the RV area also is great for the dog. The wifi was down and they are having trouble getting it fixed right now. Verizon hotspot worked fine. No satellite because of the tall trees so we used their 12 channels of cable which was fine, but for some reason they don't get NBC. Owners are great and very helpful. Ask for their map of the area and things to see! All that said, I would probably choose to stay at one of the places on the river if I was ever in this area again (unless it was hot and the shade would be more welcome). We camped at Mystic Forest RV Park in a Motorhome.

Don't miss Trees of Mystery just a mile away. It looks like a cheesy tourist trap with giant Paul Bunyan out front but the RV park owner recommended it so we went and enjoyed it VERY much. We spent 2 hours there. If you're not there during a busy time, take a picnic with you to the top as we saw a few other people doing. Not many tourists around here right now.

Date of Stay: July, 2015 - $42.00

Price includes $4 per night, per person for more than 2 people (over 6 years old I think). Great little park run by a wonderful couple right in the Redwoods! They have a half mile hiking trail on the property, game room and mini golf. Lots of trees, but easy to get your rig in. Couple who run it are very friendly and helpful. Located between Klamath and Crescent City. Great for exploring the Redwoods and the Coast. Definitely would come here again. We camped at Mystic Forest RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2015 - $32.00

This was a brief but very pleasant stay. The park is very quiet and well maintained. I had heard from various sites that the local area's parks are noisy. The staff that we encountered were all very pleasant. This park is very quiet. I hope to return to this park. We camped at Mystic Forest RV Park in a Motorhome.

Section
Sand

Date of Stay: May, 2015 - $33.00

Nice campground right on Hwy 101 about 3 miles north of Klamath and 17 miles south of Crescent City. We got NO AT&T cell service here, but the campground does have decent WiFi and 12 channels of cable TV. There is a decent laundry room, no change machine, but you can get change in the gift shop, which has some nice local souvenirs. The owner has tons of information on things to do in the area. Rate is weekly. We camped at Mystic Forest RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Fire Ring

Good central location to explore the northern and southern parts of the Redwoods. Crescent City is where the shopping and eating is.

Date of Stay: July, 2014 - $29.00

This is by far, the best value and the most quiet, pleasant RV park in the area. It is clean and well maintained by the owners and offers secluded tent and RV (back-in) sites nestled in the tall trees. There are also many sunny or partly shaded pull-thru sites and all are FHU with picnic tables and fire pits. The bathrooms and laundry are super clean and the owners are very helpful with suggestions and maps for the best sights to see and even having my mail sent here. There is a 1/2 mi. trail with all the blackberries you can pick in season. When I arrived and hooked-up my hose for water, I noticed a wet area, but thought the former guests just didn't turn water all the way off. But when I turned the water on to my RV, the faucet sprayed water everywhere. I mentioned it to the office. It was fixed with a new handle when I returned. Awesome! On Sat night we were entertained by an impromptu singer with an acoustic guitar. It's a great base for easy day trips to drive/hike in the Jedediah Smith Redwoods Park; see the Klamath Overlook and beach at the mouth of the Klamath River; go fishing or gathering driftwood; visit the Battery Point Lighthouse (at low tide only) for the history of the Tsunami that hit Crescent City; drive the Newton B. Drury Scenic Parkway to Elk Meadows, hike Lady Bird Johnson Grove Trail, plus much more. This is my second stay here and it's better than the concrete, harbor parks in Crescent City that I stayed at my first time. This year, I called ahead to take advantage of their weekly/monthly rate. We camped at Mystic Forest RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2013 - $27.00

Stayed two weeks. Paved entrance, then gravel interior roads with grass sites. 12 channels of cable TV. Wi-Fi worked 98% of the time. Needs some branches cut back. Some road noise during the day, very little at night. Allows campfires, so had to close the windows a few times. Has a game room and mini-golf. Trail around the park. Walk through and check out the tent sites. Some interesting natural things to see. Easy in and easy out with a 25 ft HDT and 35 ft 5th wheel trailer. We camped at Mystic Forest RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: August, 2011 - $28.00

Small campground with surprisingly spacious sites. Biggest downside is the ambiance of old mobile homes and other vehicles around the perimeter of the park. We camped at Mystic Forest RV Park in a Motorhome.

Are you affiliated with Mystic Forest RV Park ?