San Diego RV Resort

La Mesa, California

7407 Alvarado Rd
La Mesa, California 91942

• Phone Phone yes

Ask fellow campers about "San Diego RV Resort" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $99.00

This park is along the freeway, so noise is an issue. It's very clean and it has a very nice pool (though a little small). The big problem here is the format of the campsites. They are arranged in a kind of plus sign pattern. It's an intriguing design which I think could work well for a crowded urban RV resort.

Unfortunately, the limits of each site aren't well marked. So, you can't really be sure of where your site ends and the adjacent one begins. I apparently parked my trailer over the line into an adjoining site. I found out, after I was set up, that I was over the line from one of the employees. My neighbor didn't complain, but I felt guilty. Would it be too difficult to paint lines on the blacktop? Is it too difficult for the check-in staff to make each customer aware of the limits? If you camp at the San Diego RV Resort, I suggest asking about limits and ask for a site as far from the freeway as possible.

A positive for this resort is its close proximity to the San Diego Trolley station. And, if driving, it's very centrally located in the metro area. All utilities are stable and the staff is very nice. The sites are generally short, so your tow vehicle must park next to your site or on the street. Overall, I would probably stay elsewhere if I could. But if this resort is your last "resort" (haha) then it's not too bad. We camped at San Diego RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Close proximity to the San Diego Trolley station. Centrally located in the metro area.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $50.00

We stayed in San Diego area for 4 days and needed a spot to use to get to the attractions. This is right off I-8 and very busy, crowded facility, we moved in Sunday before Labor Day, all back in spots and very tight fit. While clean and neat, there appeared to be many permanent residents. Cable and WiFi worked great once we had the converter boxes. We were pleasantly suprized at how quiet with all the crowd in the facility. We camped at San Diego RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Its a very tight fit and all back in sites.

Date of Stay: July, 2010 - $55.00

I like everything about this park except, we were next to some very rude full timer residents. They pretended not to be there when we needed their car to be moved to make it easier to back in, and again when we could not leave. They suddenly were there when the tow truck pulled up. Management was responsive. Yes we would stay there again because of convenience, but management needs to deal with the rude occupants. We camped at San Diego RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: January, 2010 - $33.00

Rate is for Passport America. We stayed here for 3 nights. You're basically sardines by the freeway--sites are extremely close together. Wi-Fi is available, but there is an extra charge, so that brings them down a point. For being between the metro rail system and the interstate, it was surprisingly quiet. Clean park. There are perm residents who live here. Not too bad though. Very friendly staff. We camped at San Diego RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Featured Campgrounds Near San Diego RV Resort

scb

Date of Stay: August, 2008 - $42.00

We have stayed here several times. When we returned this time they put us in a spot next to the freeway. Extremely noisy site. Park is very expensive as they have raised their rates almost $100.00 a month.They gave us a site that you have to back in through a gate on a very busy street.They offered no help in guiding you in your spot. Thank god there was a full time resident to help or i would have asked for a refund. We will not return. We camped at San Diego RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: December, 2006 - $42.00

My wife and I were not impressed with this park. The website makes it look like more than it truly is. Getting in and out was tight with our 29' travel trailer and there is not much room to maneuver around the park. When we first arrived the manager wanted to put us into a site that was obviously too small for our trailer. After physically showing it to him he agreed and moved us to another spot. This site was also cramped and not much to look at. I would have given a lower rating than I did but the park is within easy driving distance of Sea World and Legoland, which is why we were there so the convenience of that was worth something. We will not stay there again. We camped at San Diego RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Featured Campgrounds Near San Diego RV Resort

Are you affiliated with San Diego RV Resort ?