3.1 Poor

Lakehead, California 96051

• Big Rig Access Big Rig Access no
  • Electric (50 AMP) Electric (50 AMP) no
  • Restrooms Restrooms ?

Ask fellow campers about "Shasta Lake RV Resort" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $38.00

This is an older park locally owned/operated for many years. Small store on site. Docks for boats about a quarter mile from campground. Easy access off I5. Full hookups. Pool was not open due to drought conditions in 2016. We are scheduled to stay here again in June 2017 for annual family campout. The campground is not horrible, just older, and we've not had any problems staying here. Trees and shade, gravel sites, full service local grocery store and restaurants about a half mile down the road. Nothing fancy but good for our group. Railroad runs close to all the campgrounds in Lakehead, so there is always train noise at all of them. We camped at Shasta Lake RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2009 - $33.00

We just checked out of this horrible campsite today. We would have left early if we weren't already committed for the long weekend. Their website is a complete misrepresentation of the campsite. In no way can you call this an RV Resort. No grass, just dirt and weeds. Smallest spots we've ever seen. We were literally camping on top of our neighbors, with no privacy at all between the spots. Some spots with shade, others very little. Pool is old, small, a majority of the grout missing. I found RV Park Reviews website after I had booked this campground. I'll always look here first from now on! I never would have booked this campground if I had read the other reviews first! We camped at Shasta Lake RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: July, 2008 - $39.00

This is not a RV Resort. So don't let the web site fool you. The camp site are fairly level, But very tight to get into with other campers parking their vehicles in front of unoccupied spots and the trees make getting into our site very difficult. The personal staff were friendly, Although when we checked out the lady in the office told me to exit through the entrance driveway, There was no way I could make the turns around the trees and rocks to exit through the entrance, why she didn't direct me down a little farther to the exit driveway I'll never know. It took me about 10 minutes to find the 30 amp power outlet because it was located under the power box, this was a first that I have seen. There is no cable TV hook up, So to watch any TV you have to use your roof antenna because there are too many trees in the way to use your satellite dish, We could only get two stations. There are train tracks right behind the park and when a train goes by it shakes your rig like a mild earthquake. The fire pits are very close to your rig, If you don't catch your rig on fire you will for sure get smoked out. I will not camp here again. We camped at Shasta Lake RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: June, 2007 - $31.00

We made reservations 3 months in advance. After reviewing their website, it seemed to be a very nice place to camp. It was the opposite of this. The campsites face each other. Our awning overlapped the person's next to us. The camp site was tiny. We had to share a fire pit. Kids ride their bikes through other's campsites. People partied and were loud during "quiet hours". There is no room for RV's and it's a rip-off. We left two days early because it was unbearable. Our 3-year old couldn't even run around because there wasn't enough room. Our electricity went off when the other camper hooked up his RV. It was bad. Don't let the website fool you. We camped at Shasta Lake RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Featured Campgrounds Near Shasta Lake RV Resort

Date of Stay: June, 2007 - $36.00

The park personnel are very nice. The overall condition of this park is "shabby." The restrooms are badly in need of remodeling. Shower curtains disgusting and hanging by one hook. No drain cover in the shower. Really weird because the drain hole was large. I've slipped, but never tripped in a shower before. The awful tiles are different hights. Toilets walls are disgusting. Use your imagination. The 3/10 of a mi. walk to the lake, what I like to call "the death march." It was over 100 degrees and the stairway (if you could call it that) down to the lake was dangerous. Seniors not in good condition should not attempt this. THE POOL: water was clean but all around the edges the tiles were grungy. Really disgusting to look at. We camped at Shasta Lake RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2005 - $29.00

Camped here twice this year. One week before Memorial Day had a lake view site. Stayed without reservation that time. Then stayed again on Labor Day weekend. On both occasions found the people who run the campground very helpful. I towed a boat along and had no way to launch it but I asked them if they could help me and they went above and beyond to help. Will stay again. We camped at Shasta Lake RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2005 - $26.00

What a dump. We checked in and right next to our site was the Beverly hillbilly's. They had taken our picnic table and used it for their storage area, our fire ring and commandeered anything else in the area for their use. The sites were very unleveled and even with my level blocks I could not get it level. We gave up and left the campground and moved down the road to a Good Sam site. We camped at Shasta Lake RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Shasta Lake RV Resort

Are you affiliated with Shasta Lake RV Resort ?