Konocti Vista Casino Resort and Marina

Lakeport, California
Phone: (707) 262-1900

Latitude: 39.022072

Grammajamma

Yes, this is casino camp group, so typically I don't expect much, but this was far below our expectations. The sites are fairly level, so that's good. The check in was simple and quick, but that's about where it ends. There was a laundry room, but the soap vending machines were empty. Only one washer and dryer worked. There was one co-ed toilet. They had a little store you could walk to, but they didn't sell milk in any form. I have no idea where the marina was. Another good thing was that since there were only about four of us in the park. You could just park anywhere and take an extra space for your tow vehicle. Also, this is listed at a Good Sam park, but when I presented my card I was told they only honored Good Sam on weekends. That was a new one for us. We camped at Konocti Vista Casino Resort and Marina in a Fifth Wheel.

Cheryl S

I believe only sites 1-33 have cable TV and telephone. If you are not a bass fisherman, I would avoid this large parking lot RV park. When I went to complain about drunk fishermen, front desk staff stated bass fishermen are KVC's bread and butter so employees advised to allow them their way. No one oversees the RV park. Prominent signs direct boat trailers to be parked in lot *adjacent* to RV park but people park their boats throughout the RV spaces so access to hookups is limited. As previous reviewer stated, people take up 2 or even 3 sites per rig limiting access to available sites. Free-for-all RV park where near anything seems to be acceptable to management. Over the years I have observed several people beating their dogs, with many others drunk and looking for a fight. Not safe or comfortable to walk around in the evening when often times people are loud and unruly. Cheap place to stay, yes but many trades to save money. Laundromat this year, only 2 out of 3 washers are working and 1 out of 3 dryers. Cafe prices have gone up in recent years, but the food has been reliable and is convenient. Business in the area brings me here the last few years. Over that time I have stayed at this park perhaps 50 days. Events previously described are part of a typical visit. I would not stay here for a family vacation. We camped at Konocti Vista Casino Resort and Marina in a Motorhome.

Marv

Reasonable rates at $20 a night. Basically a paved parking lot with hookups. It's OK for smaller RVs but for larger rigs the sites are too short. My 40' motorhome fit in a pull through length wise and width. No room for my toad so I parked it in the site next to me. Larger 5th wheels had the same issues and used two spaces. Facilities are clean and well maintained. I would stay here again. We camped at Konocti Vista Casino Resort and Marina in a Motorhome.

srdeane

Staff is friendly and helpful, but charged me for a room and boat launch in addition to my RV space. This was discovered when I went to register for another night at the park due to mechanical problems with the RV. The accounting was quickly resolved. Security is present, and the restrooms and showers are clean and in good repair. Do not take Hwy 20 around the north end of Clear Lake if you are pulling a large rig. Hwy 20 to Hwy 53 at Clear Lake, to Hwy 29 north to Lakeport is the best route. We camped at Konocti Vista Casino Resort and Marina in a Motorhome.

brucemcdou

Other reviews are accurate. This is an asphalt parking lot. There is virtually no shade; the few parking islands have a lonely tree growing through a base of, yes, asphalt. The WiFi is good if you have a line of sight to the office. You have access to the pool, and there's a (small) casino next door. We camped here Labor Day weekend, arriving late Friday night. We were surprised to find so many spots available, but assumed it would fill up on Saturday, nope. Unlike other casino RV campgrounds this one gives little reason to want to visit or stay. Even the lake nearby isn't an asset as you can't see the lake from the campground, only the dusty construction site and the depressed area around the casino. The pull-through sites are back-to-back, and the hookups are in the middle, posing a problem for longer rigs. There are several long-term residents, but mostly empty spaces. I only give this place a six because it has full hookups and everything works well, but no reason to stay here unless you really need to gamble. We camped at Konocti Vista Casino Resort and Marina in a Motorhome.

Tredguy

Hard drive in. Was dirt roads for the last mile. Mostly a parking lot with hookups, but it worked for us. Our cable TV outlet was busted, but the casino and big steak dinner helped. WiFi rocked at our site 70. We would stay here again in our 35' footer. We camped at Konocti Vista Casino Resort and Marina in a Motorhome.

Space Cop

Campground is all asphalt and is fairly new. Grounds could use a little TLC, cable connections were missing, and weeds needed taking care of. RVers can use the hotel pool. When we were here, the road leading to the campground was under construction and was dirt and thick mud. Our 40-footer made it, but our friends behind us towing a 38-ft 5th wheel said we sunk into the mud about 6". Our rate was for the Escapees discount which the lady checking us in didn't know they offered. Overall- this is a nice campground for a short stay. Staff was very friendly and helpful. WARNING!! The 2 major camping books refer to Hwy 175 in their directions to this campground. From Hwy 101, DO NOT TAKE HWY 175. It is marked "Vehicles over 39' Prohibited". It should say "No RVs, Trailers, Semis, or anything over 30 ft Allowed" Being adventuresome, I figured 40' is only 1' over so we went for it. BAD Decision! Road is extremely narrow and has numerous switchbacks that a RV cannot make without taking both of the two lanes. Hitting the rock face on the side of the road with the rear of the RV is common. A nice highway patrolman told me that when he pulled me over for crossing the center line. Use Hwy 20 off of Hwy 101 to Hwy Hwy 29. It saves time and is three times faster than Hwy 175. We camped at Konocti Vista Casino Resort and Marina in a Motorhome.

zigzag

Go directly to the RV section and pick a spot, then go to the Motel Office to check-in. Asphalt parking lot next to Casino. Level sites, only 5 with shade, pull-through and full hook ups. Good Sam rate, free Wi-Fi worked OK but try and get a site that has direct line-of-sight with Motel Office antenna. 70-channel TV, clean restrooms, swimming pool. Quiet at night, has security. We camped at Konocti Vista Casino Resort and Marina in a Fifth Wheel.

galley

Great park on Clearlake with nice launch/dock. Swimming pool available at Hotel. Funky little casino with 1 cafe. Very clean park with full hookups directly adjacent to Casino. All staff at park, store, casino, cafe all friendly. Gets hot during summer in Lakeport. Park located on the Rancheria. Some signs of poverty seen in homes on Rancheria but hey, you are helping out the tribe by visiting them. Have stayed here multiple times and always enjoy myself. We camped at Konocti Vista Casino Resort and Marina in a Motorhome.

Joe & Sharie

The parking spaces are level, however they are very narrow. Not enough room to put our the awning. The staff tries hard but seem to be lacking in training. Also very short handed. The same person who handled check in for the RV Park also handled check in for the hotel as well as cashier for the store. We had to come back next morning to pay our fees. We camped at Konocti Vista Casino Resort and Marina in a Motorhome.

fifthwheeltraveler

No trees in the sites. Just a big parking lot for your rigs. Nice casino. Not to many rigs there. We camped at Konocti Vista Casino Resort and Marina in a Fifth Wheel.

Wanderin Man

Great for a short gambling trip or overnight wait point between Highway 101 and I-5 (using Highway 20.) All paved 20' wide. Tight for big rigs with multiple slides. Quiet winter stop because not many campers. Price is with 25% Escapees discount. We camped at Konocti Vista Casino Resort and Marina in a Fifth Wheel.

Are you affiliated with Konocti Vista Casino Resort and Marina?