Loomis RV Park

Loomis, California

Longitude: -121.20327

Gopo

We stayed here sight unseen based on the recommendation of friends who knew of the park, but are not RVers. It was a pleasant surprise. The park is old and dated, but very quiet (aside from occasional train) and shaded by mature trees. Our pull-through site was very large and even a rookie like me was able to pull in easily. The location is very convenient for the area. I estimate about 50% permanent residents. We camped at Loomis RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

one5150woman

We thought this park would be homey and welcoming judging from our first impressions. It turned out to be a cesspool of regulars who live here year round. The sites were virtual mud holes and everything was very overgrown and not maintained well. It was difficult to find any park staff and when we did he was rude and did not help. We heard from some campers this site used to be a KOA but the standards could not be met so they were dropped from KOA listings. Not worth the price and we could not recommend returning here. This is more of a trailer park for homeless, not a vacation spot. We camped at Loomis RV Park in a Motorhome.

one5150woman

The Loomis RV Park and Storage was very very run down. Overgrown weeds everywhere and a lot of left behind trash at sites. Several people we spoke with said large dangerous dogs were allowed at the park even though we were told only small dogs allowed. Not a place for family or kids although we were told it was family friendly about 6 months ago from another RV traveler. Standing water in several sites had mosquitoes galore, and our main concern was the constant in and out of local police. We would not recommend this park and could not wait to leave. We camped at Loomis RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Park Visitors

This is a fairly quiet campground, but it is old, and the sites are designed more for trailers and campers. It's a squeeze getting a 40' motorhome into a space. They state they have 50 AMP, but, according to their map, only 6 of the spaces in the entire park are 50 AMP, so if you stay there in the summer, if you don't get one of them, you will have to rely on the many trees to help keep you cool in those hot months. And it does get hot in this area. We camped at Loomis RV Park in a Motorhome.

moosee417

I live locally in Loomis and have used this park and it's dump site for 3 years. Generally if I go in the middle of the day, the office is closed with a sign on the door. Park is some what of a challenge to get into, there is not enough room to turn my trailer and truck without some tricky maneuvering, coupled with a recent bad experience involving the staff I think people should know about. The Office was closed. So when I went to pay the $8.00 dump in the night drop-box, this guy stops me on the side of the road across from the office and tells me in a very demeaning voice: "It costs $8.00 to dump here." I have never seen this guy in my 3 years using this facility, no markings on his shirt indicating he was staff. I told him I've been dumping here for 3 years and when the office is closed I put money in the night drop-box, and besides I wouldn't hand you the money, I don't know you. I got out of the truck and put my $8.00 in the night drop-box as he watched me. I have used this place 30 times a year for 3 years. I was a little irritated at this point and told this guy, "Your embarrassing." I got in my truck and left so I thought. As I got to the exit a white Ford Bronco comes flying by my left side, pulls in front of me (blocks my rig) so I can't move. Another guy I've never seen before comes flying out of the truck yelling and dropping F-Bombs at me telling me I harassed his employee and I cannot come back. I tried to explain to him that I wasn't giving the dump fee to a total stranger standing on the side of the road, and had been coming here for 3 years. He wouldn't listen and continued to use profanity. I had to call the sheriff because this guy who identified himself as the owner was completely out of control and I felt threatened and very uncomfortable. I even said to this guy, "Can we please reason and talk about this?" He just keep going off on me. I have since found a much better place, that is half the price and the staff is polite and courteous. I would not recommend this RV park. We camped at Loomis RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

no dogs for me

We arrived to check-in in the middle of the day, no one was available. We went ahead and pulled over to the site and as we were looking at the site, a dog was taking a crap in the middle of it. One of the other campers recommended we leave, they were leaving right away themselves. Campground scared us. We camped at Loomis RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

typdout

It was okay. The people were nice but there is a lot of train noise, sounds like they are coming right at the trailer. Also, black widow spiders in the hookup box. The rate is good, no TV reception and no cable though. We camped at Loomis RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

slo-n-ez

We stayed at this family oriented campground for ten days & enjoyed our stay. The facilities were clean, quiet, and well kept. There were on going improvements in progress: shrubs & landscaping were being planted, lighting being installed, new gravel being placed. It was pet friendly. There was a nice, air conditioned, reasonably priced laundry room with ample number of machines. A loaner library was in the laundry room with books, videos, and puzzles. The office was adjoining with snacks and drinks available there, & it was neat & well organized. The managers/workers were helpful & friendly. There was a train, but I never heard it at night. The pool was always clean & refreshing. The bath house facilities were also nice. I have no idea why anyone would give this park a poor rating. I would return and bring my grandchildren. We camped at Loomis RV Park in a Motorhome.

Doferty

This is a great place to stay if you enjoy the comforting noise of freight trains passing by constantly. Very hard to sleep with major train lines within 50 yards of park. Arrival and setup at night was a extremely difficult. Sites are close together. Nice and close to Roseville, Lincoln and Loomis. Great shopping and dining nearby. If you are looking to spend the night in the Roseville area to take advantage of the local retail / malls this is a good place. We camped at Loomis RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

GPSGary

Would have gotten a 3 except we spent hours picking the cockleburrs and thistles out of our dogs fur. Noisy (trains in the middle of the night, busy road), no scenery, minimal landscaping, lots of TTT and semi permanent residents. Water faucet handle was broken. We camped at Loomis RV Park in a Motorhome.

dcook

This is a very rural style park. Nice shady sites, but they are all dirt. Has quite a few run down RV's which appear to be permanent residents. Very quiet except for the rooster that crowed every morning. We camped at Loomis RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

RV Grandma

We had planned to stay in Auburn but the Auburn RV Park is closed. This was easy to reach and fairly close to shopping. Staff was friendly. The only drawback was the railroad crossing less than a quarter mile away -- the trains had to blow their horns several times, but only early in the morning (we never heard them in the middle of the night). We camped at Loomis RV Park in a Motorhome.

rollngstonz

A place to stay temporarily if you can't find anywhere else. It's an old KOA with an older trailer park on the site as well. Would not stay here for an extended length of time. Also, the price is way to high for this type of campground. We camped at Loomis RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

gsf

We wish we had read rvparkreviews before we called in to get a reservation. This place is the dirtiest park we have ever stayed in. Dirt roads and dirt sites translate into mud everywhere. It is completely over rated in Trailer Life Directory and costs double what they should be charging. The Gold Country RV park in Auburn which is about 15 miles north goes for the same price and is much nicer. We moved there quickly. Avoid Loomis if you can. We camped at Loomis RV Park in a Motorhome.

Motorhome Madness

This Park is a dump. Mud Mud and more Mud. First they put us in a site that was used as a
driveway and was not close to being level. I tried for a half hour to level the coach. Finally went to the office and ask for maintenance to come with a tractor and gravel to level the site. No tractor or gravel. They moved us to a site that was only available for a few days (We needed to stay a week.) There was no 30 amp breaker in the electric box. Moved us to another site which allready had someone using it. Moved us again to a site that was in part usable. (the rear 15' of the site was deep mud as was the ground outside the entrance door.) I asked for gravel again, but was ignored. The park has a modem in the "Game Room-Laundry Room" but we could not use it as the hook-up and table are right where the kids sit to watch TV, and they will not move. The interior roads were full of potholes and were muddy. When we were leaving, I had a confrontation with a self appointed park cop over where I parked my toad in order to hook it to the M/H. (Was not blocking any sites or roadway) $200 for a week for all of this misery. We would not of stayed there but we had buisness to take care of in Auburn and the KOA in Auburn was $252 for a week and only a little better. This park was formally a KOA. Park staff was not helpful. Nothing else to choose from in the Auburn area. We camped at Loomis RV Park in a Motorhome.

Are you affiliated with Loomis RV Park?