Loomis RV Park

3945 Taylor Rd
Loomis, California 95650

Longitude: -121.20409

• Restrooms Restrooms ?

Ask fellow campers about "Loomis RV Park" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $35.00

Should have known after calling two days in advance and not getting a return call and a "mailbox full" message when calling back. The lady at desk is nice....but place is a wreck. The back in sites in the last street are a slum. Older trailers and motorhomes with "yard cars", window air conditioners propped up on 2x4 stands, some yards had junk strewn around and one was in "hoarder mode". Men's bathrooms were flooded from either toilets or showers. As someone noted its an old place....very old. I could go on and on but ...we were visiting relatives and wanted to stay close.....so little choice. Do yourself a favor stay anywhere but here. We camped at Loomis RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $48.00

Stayed here 3 nights visiting relatives nearby. Wish there were more options for us to stay at in the area. The park is old, and lots of permanent residents. They are not a problem, as most sites are organized and kept clean. The management needs more people to improve service. The bathrooms are cleaned daily, but kids keep tracking muddy feet in the women's bathroom each day, and the men's bathroom seems to have a constant problem with people not putting the shower curtain in the shower, so there was water standing on the floor each day. A little re-modeling of the shower might solve this. Some moldy drywall was there as well due to the same problem. Office was closed for a while in the afternoon, and even though sign on the door said they would return at 2:00, they didn't return until 2:30, and kept new customers waiting 45 minutes (and me needing change for laundry). Would probably try another park if we return to the area. Pool was closed and green when we were there, but maybe off season. We camped at Loomis RV Park in a Motorhome.

Lots of things to do in Sacramento and SF area. Wal Mart and lots of other shopping about a mile away.

Date of Stay: February, 2017 - $44.00

We stayed here one night because it was only 4 miles from a truck service center we needed to be at the following morning. We would not stay here again. Train horns felt like they were on top of us. We couldn't get the men's restroom unlocked. The women's restroom had water backed up in the sinks. This is a permanent park, but we didn't have any issues with that. People we encountered in the office and elsewhere were friendly. Our site was a pull-thru at an end. It worked for us for one night. We camped at Loomis RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: February, 2016 - $42.00

I know this place is suppose to be improving but it's a mess. Too many permanent RV's that haven't moved in years with trash scattered all over. The rules state 2 vehicles per site, the one across from me had 4. Way too many trees and all need trimming. I paid for a pull-through site but I had to back out because of the cars and trees in the way. The place is usable and that's about all I can say for it. We camped at Loomis RV Park in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Loomis RV Park

Date of Stay: October, 2015 - $46.00

This is an old RV park with lots of what appears semi permanent residents, but no problems, tight spaces, but overall very pleased. First, not many RV Park choices this area, so we took a chance. It is very quiet despite being packed. No unrowdy behavior. Sure you can hear the occasional train, but so what? The laundry and sites are kept clean. Gravel site, tight but level. Good 50 Amp, water, etc. Convenient to the freeway I 80. They have made a lot of progress from way back. Filled most days we are here. Give them a try sometime, it's not a luxury place but they are doing their best. Good Sam discount only on separate days, they have a weekly discount rate. We camped at Loomis RV Park in a Motorhome.

Close to I 80 and access to Sacramento, Auburn, etc where we were visiting. Area not amenable to walking, lots of traffic on roads, etc., but I went down the road to a neighborhood to walk on sidewalks. Right down Taylor Rd is a great Nursery, High Hand, worth seeing. Convenient to Walmart, grocery stores and gasoline stations.

Date of Stay: September, 2014 - $35.00

We stayed here sight unseen based on the recommendation of friends who knew of the park, but are not RVers. It was a pleasant surprise. The park is old and dated, but very quiet (aside from occasional train) and shaded by mature trees. Our pull-through site was very large and even a rookie like me was able to pull in easily. The location is very convenient for the area. I estimate about 50% permanent residents. We camped at Loomis RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: August, 2012 - $37.00

Very friendly staff! We had an unexpected stay due to our truck breaking down and the manager did a wonderful job of helping us. Great park with clean laundry room, swimming pool, showers, etc. I would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a park in this area. We camped at Loomis RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: December, 2010 - $35.00

We thought this park would be homey and welcoming judging from our first impressions. It turned out to be a cesspool of regulars who live here year round. The sites were virtual mud holes and everything was very overgrown and not maintained well. It was difficult to find any park staff and when we did he was rude and did not help. We heard from some campers this site used to be a KOA but the standards could not be met so they were dropped from KOA listings. Not worth the price and we could not recommend returning here. This is more of a trailer park for homeless, not a vacation spot. We camped at Loomis RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2010 - $30.00

This is a fairly quiet campground, but it is old, and the sites are designed more for trailers and campers. It's a squeeze getting a 40' motorhome into a space. They state they have 50 AMP, but, according to their map, only 6 of the spaces in the entire park are 50 AMP, so if you stay there in the summer, if you don't get one of them, you will have to rely on the many trees to help keep you cool in those hot months. And it does get hot in this area. We camped at Loomis RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2010 - $35.00

The Loomis RV Park and Storage was very very run down. Overgrown weeds everywhere and a lot of left behind trash at sites. Several people we spoke with said large dangerous dogs were allowed at the park even though we were told only small dogs allowed. Not a place for family or kids although we were told it was family friendly about 6 months ago from another RV traveler. Standing water in several sites had mosquitoes galore, and our main concern was the constant in and out of local police. We would not recommend this park and could not wait to leave. We camped at Loomis RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: April, 2010 - $8.00

I live locally in Loomis and have used this park and it's dump site for 3 years. Generally if I go in the middle of the day, the office is closed with a sign on the door. Park is some what of a challenge to get into, there is not enough room to turn my trailer and truck without some tricky maneuvering, coupled with a recent bad experience involving the staff I think people should know about. The Office was closed. So when I went to pay the $8.00 dump in the night drop-box, this guy stops me on the side of the road across from the office and tells me in a very demeaning voice: "It costs $8.00 to dump here." I have never seen this guy in my 3 years using this facility, no markings on his shirt indicating he was staff. I told him I've been dumping here for 3 years and when the office is closed I put money in the night drop-box, and besides I wouldn't hand you the money, I don't know you. I got out of the truck and put my $8.00 in the night drop-box as he watched me. I have used this place 30 times a year for 3 years. I was a little irritated at this point and told this guy, "Your embarrassing." I got in my truck and left so I thought. As I got to the exit a white Ford Bronco comes flying by my left side, pulls in front of me (blocks my rig) so I can't move. Another guy I've never seen before comes flying out of the truck yelling and dropping F-Bombs at me telling me I harassed his employee and I cannot come back. I tried to explain to him that I wasn't giving the dump fee to a total stranger standing on the side of the road, and had been coming here for 3 years. He wouldn't listen and continued to use profanity. I had to call the sheriff because this guy who identified himself as the owner was completely out of control and I felt threatened and very uncomfortable. I even said to this guy, "Can we please reason and talk about this?" He just keep going off on me. I have since found a much better place, that is half the price and the staff is polite and courteous. I would not recommend this RV park. We camped at Loomis RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: April, 2010 - $34.00

We arrived to check-in in the middle of the day, no one was available. We went ahead and pulled over to the site and as we were looking at the site, a dog was taking a crap in the middle of it. One of the other campers recommended we leave, they were leaving right away themselves. Campground scared us. We camped at Loomis RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: April, 2010 - $25.00

It was okay. The people were nice but there is a lot of train noise, sounds like they are coming right at the trailer. Also, black widow spiders in the hookup box. The rate is good, no TV reception and no cable though. We camped at Loomis RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: August, 2009 - $45.00

We definitely recommend staying at this campground. Lots of work in progress when we stayed and friendly campers and help. Pool was exactly what we needed and the surrounding area is very quaint, great breakfast places nearby and a small town feel. We felt safe and met several fun people. No concerns about safety and we will stay here again on our next trip through. We camped at Loomis RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2009 - $35.00

Lots and lots of work being done around this RV park. We found our site clean and ready. A staffer took us over to our site in cart and stayed to help hook up and level our unit. We were tired and hot so the pool was highly recommended. It was great! Nice area, shady and pool was lots of fun even for us older folks. Any questions were readily answered by other RVers or park staff. Someone was always around and we'll most definitely return. We camped at Loomis RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Featured Campgrounds Near Loomis RV Park

Are you affiliated with Loomis RV Park ?