Mammoth Mountain RV Park

Mammoth Lakes, California

RV Mike

I was told that we had free Wi-Fi. It never worked in the 8 days we were there. SO slow. Cable TV didn't work either. You had to get a converter box from the office and still never got more than 10 minutes of uninterrupted TV. Sometimes we like watching in the evening, but not having TV is no real big deal, but we've never been to a campground where you had to get a special converter box, and still no TV. So other than no Wi-Fi and no TV, the place is really very nice. Lots of space and shade if you are lucky enough to reserve far enough in advance to get a full hook-up sight in the trees. Otherwise, you are on the concrete pad with water and electricity only. HOT HOT HOT. It's the only hook-up game in the area so they have you over a barrel and have no need to try to improve anything. They are always full. Didn't use their bathrooms, so can't really comment as others have. We camped at Mammoth Mountain RV Park in a Motorhome.

Kiwigirl

Very unimpressive park. The sewer, water, and electric hookups were almost impossible to get connected due to their locations. The restrooms are basic and the hot water in the showers is scalding and cannot be adjusted, plus you have to keep pressing the button every 30 seconds. Unhelpful office staff and not a user friendly camp. Will not stay here again. We camped at Mammoth Mountain RV Park in a Motorhome.

OwenTen

We camped in the full hookup area. Nice park, nestled in tall pine trees. Good amount of space between your neighbors. Great location to all Mammoth activities. We wanted to stay longer, but the park was booked. The office staff was trying to find us another site in the park, even called us back to let us know that they had not received a cancellation. We are looking forward to coming back in the fall. We camped at Mammoth Mountain RV Park in a Motorhome.

Spantz

Let start from the beginning. Check-in was great. Site was really nice and shady. Fires allowed. Cable did not work but was told they had crappy cable at check in. Now to the bad. The showers were horrific. Push button shower that only gave 5 seconds of extremely hot water. Floors were very dirty and drains were slow. The only good thing about the bathrooms was there was a lock on the door that worked. Will never return . Price reflects a Good Sam discount. We camped at Mammoth Mountain RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

User3254

Park is pricey, (price includes tax). They charge an additional $5/night for each pet. I called ahead for reservations, and was told just come on in (arriving the following day), they had plenty of spaces available. When I arrived, and requested a 50 amp space, it seems they had limited space. I did get a space, but was told I had to move if I stayed more than 2 days. Fifty amp spaces have large pine trees, 30 amp spaces are just a big parking lot. They do have a lot of amenities, pool, spa etc. Tourist area, so they know you come here expecting to spend money, and they do all they can to meet your expectations. We camped at Mammoth Mountain RV Park in a Motorhome.

TypeTara

This place is awesome! We loved the trolley into town, the pool and spa, clean showers and bathrooms, nice playground, great staff, bbq stations and everything! We LOVE this place! We camped at Mammoth Mountain RV Park in a Motorhome.

kfeimer

This is a great RV park, and the only one in the area with hook ups. It gets booked early in the year. Only half the park has full hookups, so book early. They are big spots. The overflow is a parking lot with only electric/water, but the spots are still big, no shade. Staff is friendly. We camped at Mammoth Mountain RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

mso

The reviews listed below are accurate. The parks FHU sites are in the trees on dirt. Some are larger that others so sizing is inconsistent. Access roads are very dusty and not maintained. Restrooms are old and worn out. The Partial Hookups are basically a huge parking lot. Again, some are larger than others. You share your utility box. Overall sits are very tight, so you better like your neighbor! Rules are not enforced. You can park your toad in front of your RV, but when were there people had 3 or more cars, plus storage trailers parked in front. Getting through the park in a Big Rig is challenging. Fire pits are never cleaned. If you need FHU this is the only place in town. If you can dry camp the Forest Service Parks in the area are much nicer. We camped at Mammoth Mountain RV Park in a Motorhome.

User3045

We were really disappointed by this park. The spaces are not "plum" level, as the website states. We asked for a specific site and were told it was already taken, but nothing parked there the whole time we were there. We were not prepared to have to buy extensions for power and tv since they make two spaces share them and we got the left spot, nothing reached......why they would do this when RV's are built with utilities on the left, does not make sense. Cable tv was not so great we could only get a few stations in clearly enough to watch. So.....if you haul a fifth wheel, be prepared to level and bring power and cable extensions just in case. We camped at Mammoth Mountain RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

alpine737rim

Dusty and feels unkempt. Large site with funky electric hookup, very small table. No table at site when arrived; asked office and was told to pull one over from another site. Fire pit was filthy with cigarette butts and aluminum foil. Asked office to have someone clean it and problem nicely acknowledged. Full day went by with nothing done. Park is expensive for what it offers, rules galore but they don't seem to care about follow through if our fire pit and table experience reflects their standard practices. It could be a great park but not the way we found it and were treated. This is the first time in 13 yrs of RVing that I have ever felt like reporting this kind of experience. We camped at Mammoth Mountain RV Park in a Motorhome.

lanerd

Due to the size of our motorhome, this RV park is the only game in town. Otherwise we would not stay here ever again. They are over priced and even charged $5 for our pet. Told them I'll just leave the dog waste on the ground for that price. Sites are under trees and on dirt with no asphalt driveways; therefore, dusty and dirty. Had to take off our shoes outside so that we wouldn't track in the dust/dirt into the motorhome. Access is doable, but must be very careful of large trees with overhanging branches. Electric pedestal outlet is on the bottom (facing straight down) and a little difficult to use: especially if you have a large surge protector. We love Mammoth, but this RV park is not recommended. Sure wish we fit in the several state camp grounds in that area. We camped at Mammoth Mountain RV Park in a Motorhome.

Cali Campers

We've camped here many times in the last few years with our family. We have kids, so the play area and the pool/spa are great. The park is always clean and everyone has been friendly. I'd recommend to anyone and we will be back again next year. We camped at Mammoth Mountain RV Park in a Truck Camper.

DaleJones

We stayed here for two weeks. The bathrooms were very clean. Washer and dryers available and worked fine. The park is very busy with many RV's and tent campers coming and going. The office staff is pleasant and will help out with requests. The only complaint is that children on bikes are allowed to go up and down the main road in the RV park. We will stay here again. We camped at Mammoth Mountain RV Park in a Motorhome.

WE2FISH

We had been trying to make reservations for this park for a couple of months and every time we called they said they were booked up for the days we wanted. We booked another park in the area but it turned out to be a dump (another review to follow). While we were leaving the "dump" deciding not to stay, I called and took a chance to see if there were any cancellations. The machine came on time after time saying that they were busy and couldn't come to the phone. We drove over to the park and for the heck of it, I called from my cell phone while I was walking up to the office. It rang and I walked into the office area still holding my phone. I found two young girls sitting there talking about the things they were going to do that evening, not answering the phone, just ignoring it. When I went to the desk, I asked if they had any spaces available. I was told that they did have a bunch in the semi-full hookup area: No sewers. Didn't have much of a choice since we were going to stay 5 nights. At the time I was registering, another couple walked in and was told the same thing about only "Semi-Hookups" were available. "BUT" they were told that the next day there would be many people leaving from the FULL hookup area and they could move the next day. Of course they took it. When I asked about if we could do the same, I was told that they only had a couple of free spaces and they save them in case there's a problem with any of the sites and people would have to move. I guess they thought I didn't hear them, which was really strange since I was standing about 3 feet from them and the other campers that were signing in. After that, things went OK and we stayed at the Semi hookup spots. I must say that we've been going to this park for years and it's never changed, they hire the most UNprofessional people here who seem to have no interest in pleasing the customers. They spend most of their time goofing around and not paying attention to the customer's need. On more than one occasion during our stay the kids behind the desk were riding around in Golf Carts not paying attention the people or vehicles. One time two of the girls had a little kid, which I would say was about 7 or 8 years old driving the cart and I had to swerve to avoid hitting him, since he was driving head on into me. As I mentioned: we stay here from time to time, just for the fact that they sort of have a monopoly on RV parks in Mammoth Lakes with hookups. Spoke to some of the other folks around us and they expressed the same concerns. We camped at Mammoth Mountain RV Park in a Motorhome.

JLT

Nice campground if you are in the natural section of the trees. They have a lot of sites that are all pavement. It is like being in a parking lot. Not for me. The hookups were ok, but it appeared to me not super well maintained. The bathrooms, and showers were clean. The only negative thing about the showers was that the faucets were spring loaded, and you had to continually press them. I think they wanted us to take a shower like if you were dry camping in your motorhome. Get wet, turn off water, suds up, turn water back on, and rinse yourself off. It was ok, but a little annoying. The good thing is the water is set at a predetermined temperature. We have a dog and it is always nice when the campground provides doggie bags, which this one did. Our children enjoyed the indoor pool also. Location is good. Not too far from town, and right across the road from the Visitor Center. I would stay here again. We camped at Mammoth Mountain RV Park in a Motorhome.

Are you affiliated with Mammoth Mountain RV Park?