Marina, California

• Beach Access Beach Access yes
  • Horseshoe Pit Horseshoe Pit no
  • Ocean Ocean yes

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $70.00

This park is meant for longer stays with its great location near Monterey and Carmel by the Sea. There are no pull thru sites all back in not good for over nighters. The sites are private with convent hook ups. It is about 1/3rd of a mile to the ocean with a great walk along the dunes. The office staff was great with easy check in we had a change of plans and they cheerfully accommodated us. Great service is getting harder and harder to find in RV parks. We will return when in the area. We camped at Marina Dunes RV Park in a Motorhome.

The walk to the ocean is close and beautiful.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $80.00

Loved the proximity of this RV park to the miles and miles of deserted beaches on Monterey Bay, but I have to say, OMG, the 24 hour non-stop traffic noise from Hwy 1 was unbelievable. We camped at Marina Dunes RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $74.00

While there are many good things about this park, it was disappointing to book months in advance and arrive to discover no bathrooms, only dirty porta-potties and a trailer with showers for $74 per night. This was not caused by an understandable emergency situation, but was due to planned construction. Emailed notification and a token rate reduction to acknowledge this fact would have gone a long way toward making me like this park a lot better. It is well-located for a visit to Monterey via Highway 1, a main artery right behind the campground. However road noise is constant 24 hours a day for all sites. Throughout our visit, the other parallel road just a few feet behind our site, had road construction underway, with truck back-up beeping starting about 7:15 a.m. Finally, all the campsites seem to carry the same high price, yet some are far bigger than others. Our site down the hill was an extremely tight fit for a smallish RV with a small car parked next to it, and we watched others struggle for a half hour or more to back in trailers. The construction will end in a few weeks for future visitors, but all in all, my experience was not what its website promised as "a gem in every sense of the word." We camped at Marina Dunes RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $84.00

First, let me say that I joined this to write a review about this park. It is a hidden gem for anyone with dogs as there is a large area right outside the park where dogs can go off leash and a beach where they can also be off leash. The manager and his staff are very friendly and go out of their way to be helpful in any situation. Considering the excellent condition of the park and the fact that Monterey and the peninsula are under 10 miles away, we thought the price was very reasonable. The only negative is the proximity to the highway, but many of the parks we have been in are also close to a highway and had highway noise. We are in a 45 ft. motorhome and had no problems getting into or out of the park. We camped at Marina Dunes RV Park in a Motorhome.

Monterey's Fish House was so good we went back several times to eat dinner.

Date of Stay: February, 2017 - $80.00

Very friendly and efficient staff in the office; however, they wouldn't give me my Good Sam discount because I only had my membership #, not the card. We weren't surprised at the high price - everything in the Monterey Bay area is pricey. (I called G.S. the next day and was told they don't require the card be presented at check-in.) The price wasn't our biggest problem, though. On their website they tout their proximity to the dunes but fail to mention how close they are to Highway 101. Our site was no more than 100 feet from the road! This made sleeping a challenge for both of us. Despite the cleanliness of the facilities and the closeness of the dunes, we won't be returning or recommending this park to anyone. We camped at Marina Dunes RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Not big enough for my travel trailer

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $40.00

Back in sites with fire pit, BBQ and picnic tables. Well maintained. Friendly staff. Great place to hike with dogs on sand dunes and beach. Road noise. Nice laundry, club house and small gym. Limited store supplies. We camped at Marina Dunes RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $75.00

We. looked at their web page and couldn't find a check-in time. We arrived at the park at 12:15 pm and were told we couldn't check in til 1 PM and would have to leave the park and park on the street. My RV and tow is 67 ft so this wasn't a easy task, but we did it. We were told our space were still occupied but as we left the park to park on the street we passed our spaces and they were both empty. Poor service at that point.

We finally checked in and this is one of the more expensive parks that we been too. Are spots were very spacious and easy to get into. They have a small patio with the table, barbecue and fire pit. We walked around the park, they do not have a dog park, and do not provide poop bags, no hot tub no swimming pool. But this park is located very close to Monterey and Carmel. The beach is only a couple hundred yards away nice walked out a little pathway dogs are welcome on the beach to the right there can be off leashed and to the left that must be on leash. The park is clean and well-kept but for the price I don't think it's worth it. We camped at Marina Dunes RV Park in a Motorhome.

Entrance was very hard to get into, my tow vehicle's rear tires scraped the curb and there was no way around it. The entrance is not large enough for a large RV in tow vehicle to enter without scraping the rear tires and they told me they knew this and they're going to fix it down the road.

Sean Stade, manager at Marina Dunes RV Park responded to this review

Dear Valued Guest,
You are correct, we did not list check-in or check-out times on our website. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We have updated the site to reflect these times. When our reservation system would not process your check-in until 1p, I made the assumption that your space was still occupied. The system does this automatically so we have an opportunity to prep sites for new arrivals. I wear many hats in the park and do not work the front desk on a regular basis, but I should have known this. Please accept our apologies and we hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.
Sean Stade

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $75.00

We've been coming here for several years now. I was pleased to hear of the recent "positive" changes in management.

Yes, in the past we've had to deal with the wrong days being confirmed,

people still in our assigned spot during our arrival after 3pm and rude staff.

The park is pretty clean.

The laundry and bathrooms are pretty dated but they work and it's hard to keep up on things when you have as many tourists passing thru daily.

Several full timers are here scattered on the lower end, they keep to themselves but can be pretty friendly and probably give better advice on where to eat, what to see etc..

In all the only complaint that I have would be that is my rig is 30' and my truck is 20' please stop putting me into spaces for a 40' rig. It gets rather frustrating to see pop top trailers in 60' spots!! We camped at Marina Dunes RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $78.00

No working WiFi or cable. All sites were short back-in, making it necessary to unhitch. I did manage to poke out and back in with the 16' trailer at a right angle which took a lot of time but everyone else unhitched. Too close to the main highway and very windy. Long walk to restrooms. Rather expensive for my needs.Have a better rate for lightweight short trailers that only use 15 Amp hookup. Fix the WiFi. We camped at Marina Dunes RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Not big enough for my travel trailer

Sean Stade, manager at Marina Dunes RV Park responded to this review

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your comments. We are sorry to hear your stay with us was less than exceptional. I wanted to address a few of your concerns. First, we are disappointed to hear that our WiFi system was not working. We recently installed a new high-speed system that has been getting rave reviews. If you reported this and it was not addressed, we apologize. Regarding rate for 15 amp hookup, we do offer electric/water only sites for $55 per night. If you do visit us again (we hope you do!) please let our reservation staff know of your past difficulties with the depth of the space - we will do everything we can to accommodate you.
Respectfully,
Sean Stade
General Manager

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $70.00

Stayed here in a 36 ft motorhome. Had to back in. but no trouble at all. Sites are clean, and I barely heard any freeway noise. Tent campers were directly behind us. Lucky no sketchy people. Staff is very attentive. Delivered firewood to the campsite. Already made reservations for next year. We camped at Marina Dunes RV Park in a Motorhome.

Fire Ring

No Others In Sight

These people try really hard to provide amenities and service to all. The staff are constantly fixing things, something you rarely see at other parks. Small but quiet park. Easy to get to. Close to Monterey. Perfect for bike riders.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $70.00

Great place to stay. We had a family group of 6 sites. I personally asked each one what they thought about this place and all were in agreement it was clean, friendly, close to the ocean, restaurants, motels, etc. None had any hesitation about returning again. There was some highway noise, but most found it soothing and not a problem. We utilized the rec area for volleyball and park equipment. The kids loved going to the office/rec area for hot chocolate. And the little store offered a nice variety of supplies and souvenirs. Kids were able to ride their bikes around the park with no worries. In the evenings the Wifi worked great, but I wasn't able to get on during the day when I tried. That's ok as I didn't go there to be on my computer but to enjoy my surroundings. Sites had privacy bushes between each site which was nice. Can't wait to go back. We camped at Marina Dunes RV Park in a Motorhome.

Gravel, Pavers

Great place to stay if you're going to Monterey to the south or Santa Cruz to the north. Many great restaurants between and sites to see.

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $71.00

We stayed 5 nights and found the park to be an excellent facility, very well situated. Road noise from Hwy 101 was a minor issue, but superb staff and amenities more than made up. The sites were quite private and spacious with easy hookups. We camped at Marina Dunes RV Park in a Motorhome.

Quick and easy access to Monterey and Carmel areas.

Date of Stay: May, 2016 - $71.00

The campground is approx. 8 miles north of Monterey's Fisherman's Wharf, Cannery Row, and the Monterey Bay Aquarium. It's a bit pricey, but as they say, location, location, location. Easy on and easy off of Highway 1. It is steps away from Marina State Beach. The campground is NOT on the beach, but a nice little walk to the water, maybe ¼ mile or so. The bathrooms are very clean, have been updated in the last few years, and they keep on top of their cleanliness. There has been a change of management, if you have had problems with the park in the past, I would suggest you try them again. The staff was very friendly and really wants to make the campground top notch.

The sites are quite wide - our 30 ft. Class A and our car were parked side by side. Their are shade trees and bushes between the campsites which helps for privacy. We a stayed 5 nights. We camped at Marina Dunes RV Park in a Motorhome.

Think about visiting The Basilica of Mission San Carlos Borromeo Del Rio Carmelo commonly known as Carmel Mission. It is one of nine missions that Fr. Junipero Serra founded in Alta California and was his favorite and asked to buried at the mission.

Date of Stay: May, 2016 - $71.00

We have stayed here before. Hook ups are old, but we were told that they are getting all new hook ups installed for the electrical, water and TV. New lighted single units. All the trees are getting trimmed too. It is about a 20 minute walk to the beach on a sandy trail. Not a wading beach, looks like some currents there. Dog was off leash with no issues. If you have a car a short drive to stores or a bit of a walk. We camped at Marina Dunes RV Park in a Motorhome.

If you have a fixed dish sites towards the top have a clearer view, our site found signal ok. There is a restaurant at the time share resort next door with a bar easy walking distance if you want dinner out. It is pricey though.

Date of Stay: April, 2016 - $60.00

After reading all of the previous reviews, I was a bit concerned about staying for a week. Our site was level, trees and tall bushes offer much privacy. We found one water bottle and a bag left by previous campers on our site. Walking through the campground there is a lot of difference is space size, they definitely match your rig to the site size. The woman who checked us in was very friendly and helpful. The walk to the beach was about a quarter mile, easy walk along a trail beside beautiful flower covered dunes. This is a small park and it is right next to highway 1, but the noise didn't bother us. There is a picnic table, paved patio and a fire pit that you can move where you wish. We stayed 7 nights, paid for 6 and got the 7th night free. We also got a good Sam discount which brought the price including tax to 60.00 per night. We will definitely be back, this is a very nice campground. We camped at Marina Dunes RV Park in a Motorhome.

Site 56

Easy day trips to Carmel, Monterey and down south of Big Sur.

Are you affiliated with Marina Dunes RV Park?