Parkway Lakes RV Park

Morgan Hill, California

astreamer

I did not stay here! I called in the morning to make a reservation for a one night stay and was told to come on in, no problem. Upon arrival I was told they do not accept overnight, but would make an exception. I paid for one night, but after seeing the site which had garbage bags and a parked car blocking the entrance, I got a refund and moved down the road. We camped at Parkway Lakes RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Nordic Sun

I rated this park low because of the cost. These guys need to get their rates down where it's cost effective to travel by RV. Just because it's near San Jose is no reason the give someone a higher price. Also, there are quite a few full time residents and some look a little shady. Lock your RV if you leave it. Where else would someone stay in this area? Coyote, where the price is even higher. We camped at Parkway Lakes RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

bgw

Our one-night stay here was a mixed experience. The staff who run the park and who assisted us in the office (2 men, 2 women) were some of the nicest, most courteous people we ever have met. Friendly, outgoing, helpful. They graciously answered our questions, and I saw one of them going over a map with another guest to provide helpful directions. The park itself, however, is below average. It is not really a place for vacationers, most of the park is set up for permanent (or at least very long-term) tenants. In fact, the parkway lakes web site (not the KOA site) specifically states that they are looking for long-term residents and the park reflects this emphasis. A few of the long-term have nice sites, but many are occupied by older, run-down RV's. Some of these residents have installed storage bins and/or storage lockers in their sites, which creates an unkempt appearance. Some of the sites have two or even three cars parked in and around the RV, and the sites really do not have space for this. There are overflow parking sites around the office/pool area, and these were mostly full of residents cars, as well. As a result, much of the park has an over-crowded feel to it. I should emphasize that the park is not dirty, the office, pool, and laundry areas were neat and tidy and the grounds were clean. Our site was adjacent to some older units that looked as if they had been there a long time. The site was old asphalt, with a straggly strip of grass on one side. Cable was available, but I was not able to use it because the connection required a coax cable with a female end. I have a coax cable with two male ends - one for my RV and the other for the park connection, this has been the standard hookup in every other park I ever have stayed in. I was not able to access the Wi-Fi in my site or in the office area. One of the staff graciously tried to help me get connected, but we were unsuccessful. He would have been happy to help me further, but I did not have the time, we had to hit the road. Plus, I knew the problem was not with my laptop since I connected successfully at every other campground and several hot-spot locations during our trip. The bottom line, I would rate the staff as a "10" and the park as a "2". We camped at Parkway Lakes RV Park in a Motorhome.

Oregon Resident

We have mixed feelings giving this Park a "5" rating, because at the very end new management came in and solved all of our issues and complaints, and it appears major improvements are on the way. Overall, this Park is safe and comfortable, and convenient to the town of Morgan Hill and San Jose. We will stay here again given the improvements that we saw during our stay. On February 12, 2010 there was a major improvement in management when an investor-manager couple arrived to take over. This change of management happened during our 4th and final week at this RV park. Until the change in management, it was safe to assume that the complaints posted here on RV Park Reviews regarding this KOA were mostly accurate. My wife and I had similar complaints, and were initially overcharged on electric use, had no cable TV, and were subjected to aggressive and onerous demands for credit information that far exceeded the legal norm for our one-month stay. However, it is important to note that the customer service situation has changed dramatically. An experienced management couple with a financial stake in the operation has taken over day-to-day management effective February 12, 2010. On their first day we brought our concerns to them and they moved swiftly to correct the situation. We received immediate refunds, a profuse apology, and they followed up to make sure that our situation had been remedied to our satisfaction. We're giving this place a "5" rating because of the previous experience that we had, combined with the corrective actions of the new management. It was what it was. However, given the speed at which the new management is implementing fair and even policies and improvements to the park, and had we experienced the Parkway Lakes operation under their management, we would change the rating to an "8." Please note that we are not connected to the management or KOA or the Parkway Lakes operation in any way other than as a customer. We camped at Parkway Lakes RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

keithnteri

My first experience with the campground was not a happy one. This is a gated campground and the gates are closed at all times so one must enter a code to enter. I arrived at 9:40 on a Saturday morning. This campground does not open until 10:00 on Saturday. I entered after hours code and was told that "We don't open until 10:00 AM". I Had to wait 20 minutes after backing up RV because there is no turn around at the entrance. Once we were allowed to check-in to the park, there was just signing of the receipt. No map, no written rules, the only rule was that our dog "Must" be walked outside of the park. Fortunately, there is a wonderful nature preserve behind the park. The campground seems to be for full timers. It rained most of the time we were there so didn't meet any neighbors. The park is rundown especially for a KOA. All hookups worked as expected but had to use an extension for the waste hose. The location is on a one way divided road with no easy turn around. To get to the park from the north one must drive 1.5 miles further and then make a right to turn around, to make a left turn going the opposite way. (not the fault of the RV Park just bad planning with the county roads.) They are all back-in sites, no tables, pool not kept up, and trash dumpsters are only in one area. The park was close to where we needed to be but we probably will not stay here again. We camped at Parkway Lakes RV Park in a Motorhome.

born2travel

After traveling around the western states, i pulled into this park with a gated entrance. Beautiful gate, i checked in with the nicest management. They went out of there way to help us find fun stuff to do around the area. The spaces were BIG for our fifth wheel and the TREES were grate. No other park in the area that we visited to check out has these BEAUTIFUL trees. Nice Pool area, i felt safe and was treated very well. It is secured people just can not drive in anytime. It was close to everything we wanted. Clean, neat, and made lots of new friends. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS RV PARK. I noticed this park will become a KOA which is FANTASTIC. We are KOA members!! We camped at Parkway Lakes RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

TheCampingFamily

The worst camping experience of my life! Rude owners, run down park, disgusting pool, most unfriendly place we've ever been and we have camped in 100's of places! We camped at Parkway Lakes RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

travlingtrio

The "no refunds" sign in the office should have been my first clue! They gave us no "rules" or maps on checking in, then later were rude about where we were walking our dog (we ALWAYS pick up). We went here based on the 9's and 10's previous reviewers rated, I don't know where they stayed but this park is NOT a 9 or 10 in our book. It could use a LOT of TLC. There are nice trees but that is about the only good thing we have to say about it. We did not use the restroom/showers as we had full hook ups. There is not much of a channel line-up on the cable. There are no tables in the sites. Sure it is a gated park but if you try to enter after office hours (9-5) you wait a while for someone to answer and buzz you in (if they do at all). Guess our rates were higher than others posted because it was Thanksgiving week (we arrived on Tues and left on Sat). If at all possible we recommend you go about 2 miles further up Monterey Road and stay at a newer, more friendly park. We camped at Parkway Lakes RV Park in a Motorhome.

born2travel

This was the second time I stayed, and it was great! It was even better than the first time. Now it is a gated community with friendly staff. There is lots of room in the space and trees, trees, trees, wonderful! This park is pet friendly and family friendly which is nice. I recommend long or short term stay here. It is great. We camped at Parkway Lakes RV Park in a Motorhome.

RedAlmond

This is our second stay at this park and it has vastly improved although it was very nice before. There are beautiful large trees, has a pool for my kids, a well stocked mini-mart and clubhouse with games and a pool table. They have movie rentals, a friendly staff, internet, and the spaces are quite generous compared to other parks in the area. Price is unbeatable for what you get and we have checked around thoroughly! We camped at Parkway Lakes RV Park in a Motorhome.

KatBaloo3

This is my second time visiting this park. I stayed here 2 years ago and there have been many improvements. All the "ratty" old motorhomes are GONE!! It's much, much nicer everywhere in the park! I stayed 8 weeks and except for the Park Manager (a controlling and sometimes rude lady!) I didn't have any issues or problems at all. I enjoyed my visits all over the Bay area - this place very reasonably priced yet very centrally located to all the vacation activities I wanted! This park is probably 1/2 long-term residents and all of them I met/saw were friendly, quiet and willing to help answer questions about fun touristy things to do in the area. I will come here again next time I vacation in the San Francisco area :-) We camped at Parkway Lakes RV Park in a Motorhome.

smwluv

We stayed there for 3 weeks, were suppose to go monthly. After a week couldn't wait to get out of there. Management very controlling. No sewer. Which we were told would be up and running by the time we got there, but wasn't, Security gates that Management ran. Got locked out 2 times because management didn't answer phones. Restrooms were locked, nobody could use them. Cable only worked in a few spots. Trash Bins way up front. Mail got lost a lot. Had Internet, but Management controlled it, cut us off by the end of second week. Lots of extra charges, mail, laundry keys, and passes per vehicle for 40.00 each. This park appears to use (Bait & Switch Tactics) Do not stay here. We camped at Parkway Lakes RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Are you affiliated with Parkway Lakes RV Park?