Lake Hemet Campground

• Electric (50 AMP) Electric (50 AMP) no
  • Horse Camp Horse Camp yes
  • Restrooms: vault Restrooms: vault yes
  • Boating Boating yes

Ask fellow campers about "Lake Hemet Campground" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $30.00

I have camped here many times 20+/- years ago. We came back in May in my RV. I forgot that you CANNOT swim in this lake, well unless you swim in their float areas (blow up slides) for an additional LARGE fee. Why??? We booked near where the map showed the floating toys were so the grandkids could go swimming, and they moved it to another location and couldnt enjoy it. The campground has a section of people who live in their RV's and it is very trashy looking. Spaces with old worn out fake grass around them and lots of clutter. Looks like a homeless camp. This is the main section for RV hookups. There other areas are dry or some service. I had google mapped it when I booked, and I could tell it was trashy looking, so we opted for dry camping. However, the spaces are not really big enough for RVs in most spaces. I literally had someone with their trailer not 5 feet from my RV. Horrible way to camp. Had I known that, I would have stayed in the city, at least there the neighbors are 20 feet away. There were far too few trees for a campground this old. In the summer you need shade. They have done nothing to provide shade for most of the camp sites. Last, I dont know if this is a California thing (I am a resident) or a Lake Hemet thing. The pot smell (skunk smell) was way too frequent. The neighbor (Mr. 5 ft) was smoking, as was someone a few camp sites away. They would walk around smoking, and once stood there on the other side of our camp with the wind coming directly at us. Even the young kids were commenting on what stinks! Lastly, for RV's, many of the sites are not very accommodating for the larger RV's, 5th Wheels and trailers. We saw many people struggle to get into their spaces. Ours was a back in, and I could barely get in. They place large boulders near drive lane with tight spaces. I dont think we will be back. Not the best way to get away from it all. We camped at Lake Hemet Campground in a Motorhome.

Not big enough for my motorhome

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches, Obstacles

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $40.00

Arrive with my family to our RV site to find out, it was double booked. The people staying at that campsite, immediately went down to office. A staff member came back to campsite and explained and apologized. He complimented with another hook up spot of my choice, wasn't much to choose from at that time. I was upset at first, but the staff really stepped up and helped me with my stay. They made me a Happy Camper. We even stayed an extra night. I've been coming here since the 60s. I've seen this place go through its changes good or bad. I still love this place, it has a natural beauty to it and it's close to home. Will....you keep doing what your doing, and good luck with your Adventure with Lake Helmet, I'll BE BACK. We camped at Lake Hemet Campground in a Motorhome.

76 A section

Date of Stay: September, 2012 - $36.00

Large family-friendly park. A mixed-use park for sure. There were many permanent mobile homes, as well as long-stay trailers. There was a RV camp and a tent camp on opposite sides of the lake inlet. Camp 2 is where we stayed. We were originally given a spot in between two permanent homes, but we asked for a different spot in a more open area. We were reluctantly given the spot by a very unhelpful front-gate. The front-gate people were unfamiliar with the occupancy of their park and gave incorrect directions to our spot. The lake is fun, you can rent boats and fishing gear. The park is very peaceful at night. The roads are tight for a rig over 30ft. Will stay here again now that we know what lots to avoid. We camped at Lake Hemet Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: July, 2010 - $27.00

Lake Hemet is a picturesque campground, but with a few problems: 1) Has very narrow camp access roads made backing into the site difficult. This was compounded by large boulders placed in front of each site. 2) Has lots of full time campers with semi-permanent set-ups, including storage sheds, porches, etc. This is not my cup of tea as it looked kind of shanty-town like. 3) It was surprisingly buggy, mostly at dusk. If you like fishing, folks were reporting good luck fishing the lake. Boat rentals are available. If you're into high tech, you'll be disappointed by the lack of cell coverage and Wi-Fi. If you can live without communications to the real world, and have a maneuverable rig, you may enjoy this campground. We camped at Lake Hemet Campground in a Travel Trailer.

2 campers found this review helpful. Do you? Yes No Undo

Featured Campgrounds Near Lake Hemet Campground

Date of Stay: June, 2010 - $20.00

This is local retreat for our family. Always nice to visit when we want to get away for a weekend retreat. Campground has just introduced online registrations. We were here in the Group Camping area: dry camping with some great shade trees. We camped at Lake Hemet Campground in a Travel Trailer.

kc2

Date of Stay: June, 2009 - $23.00

Lake Hemet Campground used to be one of our favorites. Over Memorial Day weekend, they changed the format and you are no longer allowed to pull up anywhere you wish and camp. You must park in designated campsites only. They have closed the peninsula and camp 6 for overnight use. Day use only. While the lake is still as beautiful as ever, it is disappointing that these changes have been made. Overall, this is still a great campground. It is, however, very loud as the rangers do not enforce noise rules. It tends to be windy as well, especially at night. We will go back, but are going to try out Hurkey Creek 1.5 miles down the road just to see if it is any better. We camped at Lake Hemet Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: February, 2008 - $15.00

Small campground with lake, but the lake is a reservoir so you can't swim in it. There is boating and boat rentals, though, and you can camp within 15 feet of the lake if you don't mind dry-camping. Not a lot of shaded sites, but you can dry camp on any open area. There is a store with everything you would need. It gets a little hot in the summer. There aren't any employees around at night to enforce rules, so there are often people making noise and/or running their generators after quiet time. We camped at Lake Hemet Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: February, 2006 - $21.00

We camped in 34' motor home. Very quiet. Many permanent campers. Lots of low overhanging tree branches. Housekeeping very poor. There is a dry camping area that charges on a per person basis $3.00. Fishing in lake, California fishing license required. Boats available for rental. We camped at Lake Hemet Campground in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Lake Hemet Campground

Are you affiliated with Lake Hemet Campground ?