Skyline Wilderness Park

2201 Imola Ave
Napa, California 94559

• Laundry Facilities Laundry Facilities no
  • Horse Camp Horse Camp yes

Ask fellow campers about "Skyline Wilderness Park" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: October, 2018 - $30.00

This is going to be a sorta negative review, but honestly this place is pretty good. Price is right, location is right, it's clean, everything worked, it was quiet, roads were easy to navigate for the most part, and there is a ton to do at the park and near by. The dump station was nice and easy to access. We made the best of it and had a great time. As others have mentioned, you can make reservations but you're not guaranteed a full-hookup site. Either they didn't mention this on the phone or I missed it, but we ended up in a power/water only site. I asked and was told "we don't guarantee a full-hookup site". Sites are REALLY tight. A small truck and 17 foot camper is about all you're getting in these sites if you want any usable outside space. I'm 40 foot, and just fit end to end. Like JUST fit. No room for anything on either end. Width is really tight also, I got my slides out but less than an inch from a tree on the drivers side. What was left of the site on the door side was barely wide enough for the picnic table to fit between the RV and the edge of the site. Looking around the campground everyone seemed to be wedged in and trying to be creative with space. We had some friends staying in the tent area and were repeatedly treated poorly. I didn't have any personal experience with that, but the staff wasn't exactly friendly. Not rude or anything just a little grumpy. All in all, it's a good spot for smaller RVs, and it's a GREAT location for wine tasting and access to San Fran. I'd stay here again, but probably just and a quick stop over. We camped at Skyline Wilderness Park in a Motorhome.

Nearby, Very Close

Date of Stay: October, 2018 - $32.00

What a great park - also a terrific facility for the area - so many things to do there - I had forgotten how much there is around this place. Was here last year and got rousted due to fires but despite the drought and very dry conditions (can't blame the park - can only imagine what it would look like all green) Stayed on a full hook-up site for the 2 week limit and they worked with me when I had to extend to fly back east for a funeral. This was my third stay here and will visit again for sure. We camped at Skyline Wilderness Park in a Fifth Wheel.

24 - then 8
Dirt, Sand

LOTS of things at the part itself - but right there in the "wine country" and a short 20 min drive to the Ferry to Frisco (which is why I chose it) - watch closely - the entry road (Imola) is a very busy 2-lane road and needs quite a bit of repair

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $32.00

they will take a reservation but will not guarantee full hook up. If you're longer than 35' there are only 2 sites with sewer you can fit in. It is just a dusty gravel parking lot. It is, after all, a county park. Lots of hiking, mountain biking. TMobile barely worked. no wifi. Power and water good. We will NOT go here again. Lucky this time as we got one of the 2 sites we could fit in on the second day. We camped at Skyline Wilderness Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $30.00

We stayed in a 35 foot RV in a pull in site. We had electric and water. There is a dump station on your way out. There are full hook up sites and pull through sites as well. The sites are close together but you are surrounded by vineyards, hiking/mountain biking trails and it is very close to downtown Napa and multiple wine tasting vineyards. There was also a large dog run and 1 mile down the road was a beautiful off leash park (Shurtleff Park)...beautiful. There is a Frisbee golf course and a beautiful native California garden in the center of the park. Tent camping is separate from the RV section of the park but in close proximity. There were wild turkeys and deer on the hills surrounding the park. There is also an archery facility adjacent to the park but I believe you have to be a member to use it. Tranquil place to stay with lots to do in Napa. We camped at Skyline Wilderness Park in a Motorhome.

Other

Wine tasting at Robert Mondavi and Grgich Hills as walk - ins. Would have liked to go to Jaimeson and Trethefen but by appointment only.

Featured Campgrounds Near Skyline Wilderness Park

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $33.00

This is by far the best deal in Napa. For $33 per day, you can stay in an area that would otherwise cost $200-400 per night for a hotel. The location is wonderful, just minutes from downtown. The park is really nice too, with walking trails and other amenities. They could use a bit more organization in the office, preferably some sort of email confirmation. They had trouble finding my reservation but ultimately worked it out. It's also across the street from a beautiful vineyard. I would definitely stay here again. We camped at Skyline Wilderness Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Del Dotto is amazing!

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $30.00

This multi-use park has spaces for tent and RV camping. It is located on the south side of Napa, CA. There are pull-through as well as back-in spaces. There are a few full hook-up sites, others are water and electric only. We had a pull-through with water and 50 amp electric. The driveways and site pads are gravel/dirt. There is free WiFi but it was of marginal value. Bathrooms were kept clean. There's plenty of open space in the park as well as trails for hiking, biking and horses. Altogether, nothing special here but an OK place to park if you want to visit the Napa Valley. We paid $30 per night with Good Sam discount. We camped at Skyline Wilderness Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: December, 2017 - $33.00

Perfect spot to visit all that Napa has to offer. Small park surrounded by Napa hills, few blocks from downtown. Full hookups. We had a back in that backed to another trailer. Try to avoid if possible. Gravel spot with green space nearby. We travel almost full time and surprised by negative reviews. Was much better than reflected by negative on this site. Verizon 3G worked well. WiFi passable. Would definitely return. We camped at Skyline Wilderness Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $32.00

Basically, this is a dusty, gravel parking lot with a few trees and hookups. Sites are right on top of one another, and very narrow and short. They have some logs between sites for separation. Also, the hookups are paired together so that every other site faces the other direction. For back-in sites, you either have to run your hose and electric cord underneath your vehicle or head into your site if the post is on the wrong side. It is not a place I would want to eat outdoors or even sit outdoors because of the gravel and dust, and walking is difficult because of sharp, dry grass and stickers. Today, one 5th wheel is hanging out making it hard to drive past it, even in a pickup truck. Luckily, I have my own WiFi because campground service is very weak and not really usable. There are really only two places to camp in Napa, and the other is at the fairgrounds and closed to others for most of the month of August, so I ended up here. Will plan my visit better next year to stay there. We camped at Skyline Wilderness Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $35.00

The RV personal told us there WiFi was working great. Turns out it only works in the parking lot, not in our RV. The staff did not understand how to contact their ISP to resolve the issues. We were told to go to Starbucks for internet service. This place is brown and dusty. Looks like it might catch on fire any minute. The sites are on top of each other and there are zero trees in the RV area. I will never return here and I suggest everyone find another place to stay. We camped at Skyline Wilderness Park in a Motorhome.

Not big enough for my motorhome

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $33.00

We made reservations ahead of time and was told we were confirmed for 2 full hookup spots (traveling with another couple) but no guarantee we would be near or close to each other. So we booked or so we thought. When we arrived, they said they had 2 full hookups, but weren't sure if we would fit (1 - 42ft 5th wheel; 1 - 38ft motorhome). So the motorhome tried but wouldn't fit, the 5th wheel we squeezed in. They put the motorhome on a no sewer site ... then later we noticed another full hookup site was available so called the office and they had just given it to someone who just drove up! We asked why they didn't let us move, and they didn't really have an answer. Let's just say the office has no clue what they're doing!!! Then about 4pm the 5th wheel starting experiencing power issues - shutting off with just 1 ac running. We noticed the power wasn't that good when we set up, but it was ok until 4pm. So they sent a guy down and he admitted that they have daily brown outs. He said too bad ... just how it is. So rather than risk damaging our 2015 DRV Mobile Suites we decided to only stay one night (fingers crossed the power & ac would stay on!). We packed up the next morning, they refunded the rest of our nights, and we moved to another RV Park. Moral to this story ... 1) they have bad electric in certain areas of the park 2) they take reservations but can't promise to provide what you need 3) this is a State Park, so it is what it is. On the plus side 1) the water is great 2) there's a place for horses if you have them. We camped at Skyline Wilderness Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches, Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $35.00

A good park. I was there for the max allowable time (14 days). Sites were well appointed (no fire pits, but Calif is still getting through the drought and potential fire damage). To be totally honest, I didn't do much of anything at the facility but the staff was great (even brought my expected package to my camper). We camped at Skyline Wilderness Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Not too far from town (road to campground needs paving) but in and out of town was very easy. Downtown area very pleasant and had relaxed feel. Nice river walk - about 40 min from Ferry to Frisco.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $33.00

It a park which is all gravel. Out of downtown by Uber $10. Has great walking trails and we walk 2.5 miles to Lake Marie. First in get the full hook ups. We camped at Skyline Wilderness Park in a Motorhome.

Went to the Blue Note for a Jazz show and dinner but the set was only 1hr long. Next show was to be in another 1.5 hrs later. Ticket $20 for show. Platypus tours do a wonderful wine tour

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $30.00

Nice park with walking trails and a dog park. Verizon service was mostly 3 bars 4G. Never could get the WiFi to connect. Dog park had lots of stickers in it that always got on my dogs. Water pressure was good. Electrical was good. Used the dump station a couple of times. Sites were close together and gravel. Was wide enough to park my car there. Roads were adequate but still hard to maneuver my 41 ft motor home around the corners, especially when a longer motor home was in a small site. We camped at Skyline Wilderness Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $33.00

Showers left much to be desired, bring your shower shoes! A very pleasant campground with lots of nature. birds and trees. Responses from personnel were mixed. wonderful greeting. When we had visitors pick us up they were told to "walk" to our site---I SPOKE WITH THEM HARSHLY! Overall, a lovely park, priced right, lovely grounds but showers were not very clean.....big negative. Could use a little better personnel training. We camped at Skyline Wilderness Park in a Truck Camper.

Quite a bit longer than my truck camper and travel trailer (plenty of space)

We have a 22 foot van conversion, therefore many of these questions do not apply

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $32.00

We re in the midst of two-week stay. Location is wonderful and there are numerous hiking/biking trails in the park. Some are challenging. FHU sites are a little cramped for 40+ footers but doable. Ditto the electric/water only. Gravel and mostly level. Picnic tables on each site and a single communal fire pit. California is very strict about open fires. The staff are all very helpful and we would stay here again. Beware though the 14-day limit is not negotiable. We camped at Skyline Wilderness Park in a Motorhome.

Wineries of course but don't slight those in the Sonoma area. Less expensive there in all categories. If you want some $8.00 per pound asparagus or $40.00 per pound sea scallops a visit to the Oxbow Market in Napa is a must. In case you are not so inclined, WalMart and other stores are available. Next door is a location Diners, Driveins and Dives Guy Fieri visited. Expensive now of course.

Featured Campgrounds Near Skyline Wilderness Park

Are you affiliated with Skyline Wilderness Park ?