BJ Walls RV Park

Nice, California 95464

• Big Rig Access Big Rig Access no
  • Phone Phone yes
  • Restrooms Restrooms ?

Ask fellow campers about "BJ Walls RV Park" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: June, 2014 - $22.00

This is a charming trailer park with a few sites set aside for transients. The best spot, across the street and directly on the water, was already occupied so we got the next best, at the end of the front row, facing the lake. The remaining sites are further back, nestled among full-time trailers and 5th wheels. The owner is a nice guy. Our 25' Class C and towed fit fine but anything larger would be a tight fit. The space was level and covered with patchy grass/dirt and a mature tree. A picnic table was on site. The utility fixtures were serviceable but covered with cobwebs, a personal "ick" factor for me. The bathrooms and showers were too dimly lit to fully assess their condition. We chose to use the facilities in our rig. The laundry room and machines were serviceable. The permanent residents were friendly, unique characters who keep their dogs on-leash, picked up after them and avoided loud, noisy activities. The local Sheriff's office seemed acquainted with some of the residents. Their regular visits to the park, at least, kept troublemakers away. Our Passport America rate was $22/night including tax. We camped at BJ Walls RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: March, 2010 - $20.00

As noted, this is a small park that cannot accommodate big rigs. When I pulled in for a one night stopover the personable manager, immediately flagged me down and told me my 27 foot (!) class A towing was too big for their loop and that I had to back out, which meant that, because of the angle, I had to unhook my tow. After some friendly discussion, we decided I might be able to make it through the loop after all, which we were then able to accomplish without much difficulty and without unhooking. All ended happily. I was assigned the only available spot, which happened to be the park's one true lakefront space, across the road from the park proper. The space has a beautiful view of the lake with a private pier and boat launch ramp within 20 feet, but only 20 amp electric and no sewer. Although I was easily able to connect with satellite TV at my lakefront spot, I think reception in the main park may be difficult because of the trees. I would return. We camped at BJ Walls RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2006 - $10.00

This is a very small park with mostly full-time residents. However, they are the friendliest people we've met. The owner is excellent and helps you navigate, or whatever you need. He cares enough to even have installed satellite hookups for both Dish and Direct - over and above in my opinion. Our site had a beautiful view of Clear lake and the mountains. Within 30 minutes of setting up, 5 residents had already come by to welcome us. If you are in the area (it's gorgeous), give yourself a treat and try to stay here. We stayed a month and considered longer. We camped at BJ Walls RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Featured Campgrounds Near BJ Walls RV Park

Are you affiliated with BJ Walls RV Park ?