Paradise By The Sea RV Resort

• Bike Rentals Bike Rentals yes
  • Ping Pong Ping Pong yes
  • Ocean Ocean yes

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $100.00

We have always wanted to try this park and got lucky with a last minute reservation. You are greeted by a very friendly and helpful staff. As a bonus, they have 24 hour security. The location is awesome! A 3 minute walk and you are on the sand looking at the ocean. You are also very close to a train stop if you want to go either direction up the coast. The park is tight but once in your spot, they offer plenty of room. We had no issues getting around in our 43' coach. Yes, the train is loud but after the first night, we didn't really notice it and we were against the back wall closest to the tracks. I wouldn't ever spend a season here but for a clean, safe, ideal location in SoCal, this place is perfect for a vacation. We would stay here again for sure. We camped at Paradise By The Sea RV Resort in a Motorhome.

If you can avoid the back wall, I would but don't let that be a deal breaker.

Date of Stay: May, 2016 - $70.00

The hosts where great! We had a reserved a site prior to our stay. When we arrived I did not want that site and asked for a site near the back by the dog walk, the host said no problem and had one of the hosts take us right to the site and helped me back right in. The walk to the beach is under the train track and through a small park, but well worth it , my wife had never seen the ocean and the beach was just what I hoped for, great sea shells and long sandy beach for walking. The sites are close to each other, but everyone was very nice. The only reason we gave 4 stars instead of 5 was the Internet was just plain terrible, and oh my gosh the train at 02 AM was just LOUD...really..LOUD. That said we will stay here again can't say enough about the staff, not one rude team member. We camped at Paradise By The Sea RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Gravel, Sand

Date of Stay: March, 2016 - $70.00

Hosts were friendly and very attentive! Location leads you to believe you are on the beach. Not so! Park is surrounded by a gated fence for security which has a code for access. You must follow the path under the railroad trestle, and yes Amtrack trains go by frequently day and night, through a public park with many homeless in residence and cross the street to a public beach which is dirty and less than desirable for swimming access. Nowhere to walk for restaurant access or shopping to experience local atmosphere. We left after one night and drove up the Pacific Hwy. We camped at Paradise By The Sea RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: March, 2016 - $75.00

I am rating the RV Park itself. Sites are extremely small and narrow. We could not open our awning because a small tree was between our site and another site. There was no room behind us and even though we are only 29' long, no room in front. The people in the RV's in front of us (across the street) partied but they were sitting behind their RV and almost on the street. A train goes by and it very loud. They have a pool & hot tub but we decided not to in either. The pool looked clean but the hot tub was milky looking. We decided to sit by the pool while I did the laundry. That is when people started coming into the pool with their small children (like ages 2-5). The kids went mainly into the hot tub. Seeing that age of kids in the hot tub explains why the water in it was not clean. The parents brought the kids into the big pool as well. So no pool for us. They have a man that works there that was rude to us twice. The second time was when I went to do my laundry. The laundry door was open. I went it and put my laundry in the washing machine. I was just getting ready to put the quarters in when he yells at me that I have to get out. He said the laundry was closed between noon and 1 and it was noon. I told him I didn't know that and he said it was posted on the door and pointed to the sign. Since the door was open I didn't look at any signs. He said I had to leave and come back at 1. Sorry, that is rude. He could have done the same thing and be nice about it. So I was not happy with the RV park itself. We camped at Paradise By The Sea RV Resort in a Motorhome.

The location was great. They have a gate that you can go out and take a path to a park and then the ocean. Only about a block away. The beach is very small but it is on the ocean. We sat and watched a bunch of surfers.

Date of Stay: November, 2015 - $70.00

We were very happy with about all things the park is reasonably in control for. But though the resort can not be blamed for noise coming from outside, this aspect really ruined our experience. We trusted other reviewers saying the train noise did not bother them. But Lord, was this horrible. The train crews seemed to get a kick out of blaring their horns during the night. Having had a week of bad sleep, we were happy to leave. We were told the local authorities are working on an ordinance prohibiting the use of train horns at night time. Unless a visitor is willing to sleep with ear plugs (we are not), I would recommend to inquire whether this ordinance is in place (and observed) before making a reservation. We camped at Paradise By The Sea RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: November, 2015 - $90.00

Would give this park and 8 or 9 if they did more for security. The area is definitely not the nicest. A family staying by the road had a bike stolen, lock cut, so the thieves come prepared. Also told by someone that was using their parking for beach access that the code for the door to get on the path for the beach hasn't been changed maybe ever. It is nice short walk to the beach from the campground, but would not recommend taking your kids to the park that is on the way. Also would not recommend taking that path too long after dark. We camped at Paradise By The Sea RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: October, 2015 - $77.00

Very clean, nice place. Very packed -- hardly saw any empty spaces. Bathrooms and showers were excellent. WiFi was good and strong. A pool table and ping pong also available. Even some movies available to borrow (which we did). Pool area was very nice. Didn't use the laundry, but seemed good from what I could see.

Packed in pretty tight. Easy access to the path that leads to the ocean. There is also a nice playground/park next to the path. We camped at Paradise By The Sea RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Concrete, Sand

Park and ocean access. Close to Legoland.

Date of Stay: September, 2015 - $70.00

The park is extremely well kept. The staff is very friendly and helpful beyond my wildest imagination. It was the first time we had stayed with our new 5th wheel. They helped guide us into our space and were not only friendly but personable. It shows they care and hire staff that is responsive to customer needs. The weather was not that great the week we were there but they had a pool table and ping pong we could use while it rained. They have a little store at the front office for items you might need. The staff at the front desk were always helpful and cheery. The only downside is how close the space is between spaces. But being right at the beach real estate is a premium. I have to say the bathrooms and showers were spotless. With the rain we didn't use the pool or spa but it was well kept. The laundry facilities were just as well maintained as the rest of the park. Nice walk down to the beach and to nearby shops. Not too far to the Oceanside pier lots of restaurants in the area. You do hear the nearby train. We camped at Paradise By The Sea RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

12 pull through

There is a walmart, best buy, home depot and other shops nearby and plenty of restaurants. Train does blow its whistle when it goes by. It stops at about 10pm but starts back up early in the morning.

Date of Stay: February, 2015 - $75.00

The weather was great this year and there is a new picnic area at the resort. Its called Surfer's Curve and they have umbrellas and tables set up. They said they just upgraded the Wi-Fi and it seems to be better now than some other reviews were mentioning.

Our site was easy to back into and room for our awning and bbq.

The neat thing is that there is a walkway to the beach and there is a playground next to the resort. We camped at Paradise By The Sea RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

40ish
Concrete, Dirt

Walk on the beach at low-tide so you can collect shells and walk to the pier. Surf Museum is free on Tuesday and they have old surfboards and its right downtown.

Lots of hip new places to eat. We like the Privateer Pizza and there is a Sushi place you can walk to.

Date of Stay: January, 2015 - $70.00

This is a very nice park and would recommend staying here. I rated it an "8" for two reasons. The WiFi provides a pretty strong signal but is extremely slow all hours of the day as far as I could tell. It was basically useless on my iPhone and iPad. It worked OK on my MacBook Pro sometimes. The other major criticism, which is out of the control of the park, is that the trash pickup by Waste Management is early and very noisy. One pickup is for the dumpsters and another follows for the recycle bins. This happens twice per week. I know from experience that Waste Management sets this pickup schedule and it is out of the control of the park.

As mentioned in other reviews, there is a nearby commuter train and if you're outside it is loud but it passes in less than 10 seconds. For whatever reason, I've found that many RV parks are located near train tracks. I guess this train could be a problem if you are a light sleeper but it never bothered me. You could also request a space near the front of the park to reduce the noise but then you are near the busy street the park is located on. This is a very clean and well maintained park. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. The spaces are close but real estate is at a premium in California. They were extremely helpful in guiding me into my space. In fact, they parked our friend's 5'er for him. When I booked reservations several months earlier, our friends had a smaller 30 amp travel trailer. They upgraded to a 50 amp RV just before the trip. I called the park two days before our arrival requesting that their site be upgraded to 50 amp. They complied and were still able to locate us side-by-side. The park is very accessible to all areas of Oceanside including a very short walk to the beach. We would definitely stay here again. We camped at Paradise By The Sea RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

There is a farmer's market every Thursday in Downtown Oceanside. Fresh fruits, vegetables, and other great stuff. TBG (That Boy Good) BBQ is just around the corner from the farmer's market and is excellent. The owner is from Louisiana and knows how to cook. I'm from Texas, appreciate good BBQ, and I don't think I've ever had any better and ate there twice. We took a whale tour out of San Diego, which is a short drive away, and loved it. We also visited the famous San Diego Zoo.

Date of Stay: August, 2014 - $79.00

This is a nice smaller park with a very friendly staff. We were there in August and it was mostly families. We enjoyed watching the kids ride their bikes. The travelers staying in the park were very quiet. There is a train that goes by fairly often, but it didn't bother us. It is a very short walk to the beach--about 4 minutes. Nice pool, small store and a nice game room. All in all we enjoyed our stay and would stay here again. Its a little pricey in the summer, but everything in California is, even some state parks are $65 a night for full hookups. We camped at Paradise By The Sea RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: July, 2014 - $70.00

This is a really good park. We stay here every year. Staff is friendly and helpful. What would make it a GREAT PARK would be Wi-Fi that worked on regular basis and later hours for the game room. Game room (ping pong, pool table, movies, Wii, etc) closes at 9 PM and they start shutting down closer to 8:30. With movie night and swimming pool still open, the game room should be open also. Verizon LTE and 3G is horrible here so Wi-Fi is a must. Unfortunately, connection is constantly being dropped if you're able to connect at all. When you're lucky enough to get (and stay) on, the speed is really really slow. Kids won't be streaming any NetFlix or HBO up in here. Other than those issues, everything is great. We camped at Paradise By The Sea RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: March, 2014 - $52.00

Rate reflects weekly rate plus 3 extra nights in one of the cheapest sites. All sites, not just ours, are very cramped. We had no where to park our tow truck as well as having a sitting area. The management did allow us to park in one of their allocated parking spots. The campsite is very clean and tidy with paved roads and sites which are regularly swept and cleaned by the very good ground staff. Good pool and spa and very clean restrooms. A short walk to the beach. Good water pressure and excellent WiFi. We would have awarded a higher mark but we felt a short stay is overpriced for the space you get. And very sadly. the office staff/management are friendly but arrogant. We camped at Paradise By The Sea RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: January, 2014 - $49.00

Great park. Near the beach, nice pool, friendly staff. Would stay here again. We camped at Paradise By The Sea RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2013 - $89.00

Really can't beat the price for all you get: clean, well maintained, helpful and friendly staff, movie night, 5 walking minutes to beach w/ lifeguard, rental equipment for beach, family friendly, safe, and great place as base for sight seeing. We camped at Paradise By The Sea RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Are you affiliated with Paradise By The Sea RV Resort?