Thousand Trails - Palm Springs RV Resort

Recent Rate: $1 5/2015

• Phone Phone ?
  • Central Modem Central Modem ?
  • Walking Trail(s) Walking Trail(s) no
  • Recreation Room Recreation Room yes
  • Hiking Hiking no
  • Horseshoe Pit Horseshoe Pit yes
  • Arcade Games Arcade Games yes
  • Billiards Billiards yes

StormRunner

Date of Stay: May, 2015 - $1.00

This is a nice park. It is very open. A few of the pull through spots have some foliage, The back in spots are set up with a couple of Palm trees between each spot.

The spots are foot sized. The vehicle is backed in on sand, then there is a concrete 'patio' and an additional pad next to that for the picnic table.

The pull through spots parked on concrete.

The back in spot had 50 amps as well as 30. It looked like most the back in spots sported 50 amps.

The staff is very cheerful and friendly. They were very helpful.

I did not use the pool, however I saw them cleaning/servicing it in the morning when I took my walks. It looked very clean!

In the evenings sometimes the wind picked up, coating everything in my motorhome with a fine layer of sand/dust.

The road noise and train noise was pretty prevalent towards the front of the park. At the back of the park it will still audible, however not loud enough not disturb normal conversation.

It was not crowded when I was there. They close for the summer and I was there the week before they closed.

No wood fires allowed.

Overall, I like this park. We camped at Thousand Trails - Palm Springs RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Joshua Tree National Park is a nice day trip.

Bob & Linda

Date of Stay: April, 2015 - $1.00

We had been wanting to stay here for a long time & finally was able to make reservations during a time that worked for our schedule. This park is a little tricky to fit our Big Rig towing a full size truck, but doable. But the dirty sand was really a challenge to walk our 2 white cocker spaniels, that turned brown on our first walk! Then within 12 hours EVERYTHING inside & out of our coach was a constant film of sand/dust...after 2-1/2 days hubby & I were so depressed we relocated to another park. The park is well kept, staff very friendly...just can't handle the constant dust! We camped at Thousand Trails - Palm Springs RV Resort in a Motorhome.

venice

Date of Stay: April, 2015 - $1.00

All 50 amp sites are very tight due to date palm trees. These sites are on dirt but level. Many 30 amp pull thru sites are very large and paved. This park is on the frontage road of I-10 and front sites have noise from highway but it is tolerable. One pool is used heavily and by the end of the day the water is green. Not appealing.

We experienced temps in mid 90's and winds. As a result the fine dust got into everything. We camped at Thousand Trails - Palm Springs RV Resort in a Motorhome.

The location is close to the Tram at San Jacinto Mt, Joshua Tree NP and major tennis and golf venues as well ad all major shopping and casinos.

Cockapoo Lovers

Date of Stay: March, 2015 - $1.00

Entrance to park is on the I-10 service road, so freeway noise is a given. Across I-10 is a busy train track that has plenty noise of its own. Park is quite small, but noise is less in the back. From the freeway, you see the hundreds of tall palm trees and wonder how in the world this could be an RV park. The back-in section to the right is 50 amp, but lots of big rigs opt for the 30 amp pull thru section to the left, due to the tightness of maneuvering around the palm trees to back in the 50 amp sites. However, when the temps reach the 90s, you'll want 50 amp service. Sites are sandy, and when the wind picks up, the sand blows. Some folks have complained about sand damaging the slide out mechanisms on their rigs. The pool area is nice, but small for the amount of use it gets. The grassy areas and flowering plants around the park are lovely, but require precious water. No ugly annual sites to complain about here. They are small but well maintained. Very nice pickle ball courts. And, of course, lots to do in the Palm Springs area. Many nice dog parks fairly close by. We camped at Thousand Trails - Palm Springs RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Mjoseph320

Date of Stay: March, 2015 - $1.00

There are two sides to the campground: one side that is all back in sites with 50amp service and the other side with all pull through sites and only 30amp service. The sites are narrow and the Palm trees make it extra difficult to get into the sites. There is a nice picnic table and grill at each site but everything is so close together that it feels like you're in your neighbors area if you use them. We picked a site that was towards the front which means we were closer to the freeway and train tracks. Even inside the RV we could hear it. The trains weren't whistling but hearing them go down the tracks was loud. From our walks around the campground we noticed that about halfway towards the back you can't hear them. Everything was very clean, the people very friendly and the pool very nice with covered cabanas and lounge chairs. The only shade was from the RVs. We will be back as its only an hour from home and makes a nice weekend getaway. We camped at Thousand Trails - Palm Springs RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Seize the Day RV Adventures

Date of Stay: November, 2014 - $3.00

The staff & campers are friendly. The sites are tight and some are filled with burrs. (watch out doggies) On Saturday, we spent most of the day at Joshua Tree National Park. This campground is a good base camp for exploring the area. The freeway is close to the campground. Also, I heard a train going by during the day & at night. Watch for wind alerts when driving to Palm Springs. I enjoyed so many things about this resort. I like talking with the staff and other campers.I had a good laugh seeing a public pay phone in the pool area. I enjoyed walking the perimeter of the park. Swimming in the pool & hanging out in the spa with the friendly campers. Its very calming to look at all the palm trees in the park. Overall, I would like to come back here and city campground. We camped at Thousand Trails - Palm Springs RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Things to do are day trips to Joshua Tree National Park, Salton Sea, Borrego Springs, Metal Sculptures, Slots, jeeping trails, hiking, shopping, farmers markets.

Ray O

Date of Stay: April, 2014 - $1.00

We come here 2-4 times each winter for a couple weeks at a time. 50 amp side seems to be pretty solid for power, then again it is pretty full during Dec-Feb when air isn't needed much. Once the temps start climbing the place empties out a lot. Limited shade from Palms but they do help. If park is more empty than full and winds come the sand will be an issue. Park is close to everything, including freeway! Rate reflects member. We camped at Thousand Trails - Palm Springs RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Cockapoo Lovers

Date of Stay: March, 2014 - $1.00

We stayed two weeks and gradually got used to the park being smack dab on I-10, surrounded on three sides by commercial establishments, close to the train track, and located in a legally farmed date palm orchard, with tight sites and periodic dust storms. The staff was super friendly, as were most of the campers we met while out walking. The facilities were some of the best for TT parks. Great library and lots of activities. Close to shopping and restaurants. Would have stayed longer except for the use restriction during peak season. Here's a tip: If you don't absolutely have to have 50 amp, find a site on the 30 amp side. All roomy pull-throughs instead of tight back-ins. We camped at Thousand Trails - Palm Springs RV Resort in a Motorhome.

teepee51

Date of Stay: February, 2014

Nice Thousand Trails (member rate applied). Everything is top notch except roads and sites are tight. We camped at Thousand Trails - Palm Springs RV Resort in a Motorhome.

trvls

Date of Stay: April, 2013 - $1.00

Sites are VERY tight. Streets are narrow, and palm trees separating sites make backing or pull through sites difficult to get in and out of with a 30' trailer. If windy, sand storms can kick up. After a morning of sand storm activity, we had 1/2 an inch of sand/dirt caked on our truck/trailer. Our shore plug post arced when plugging in, so the maintenance man came (within five minutes!) to fix it, and we were good to go. At the back in sites, we couldn't use as our electric plug cord wasn't long enough to plug into the shore plug (which is located at the back of the sites). Pull through sites have the shore plug set up on the side of the sites. Due to freight train traffic and I-10 noise, it's best to try and get a site as far north in the campground as possible. If you choose a site close to the freeway, it's definitely noisy. Because of the above, we rated this park an "8". Otherwise nice park with very active residents/campers (daily activities). Newly remodeled bathrooms with great water pressure in showers (so we just used their bathrooms). Very friendly staff! Close to shopping. We used our Verizon smartphone 'hotspot' for wi-fi, and had no problems staying online. We camped at Thousand Trails - Palm Springs RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

PugetSound

Date of Stay: March, 2013 - $1.00

Really tight getting into and out of the back-in sites. And if you want 50 amp it has to be the back-in sites. They could take out some of the palm trees and make things easier. Windy the whole time and lots of sand blowing through. Not our favorite TT park. We camped at Thousand Trails - Palm Springs RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Deniselg

Date of Stay: March, 2013 - $1.00

This is one of the nicest TT parks where we have stayed. I gave it a 9, only because we could not get our 40 ft motor home into the 50 amp sites due to the palm trees. We tried two sites, then gave up and went to a 30 amp pull through, which was a nice site. We enjoyed our stay and will return to this park in the future. The Rangers were very nice and extremely helpful. We camped at Thousand Trails - Palm Springs RV Resort in a Motorhome.

swike

Date of Stay: January, 2013 - $1.00

I really like this campground and have stayed here several times in the past and look forward to staying here again. The sites are level and come with a palm tree or two and a picnic table. The sun through the palm tress is stunning, and, yes, there are lots of palm trees - and they make parking into either an obstacle or a challenge. We have only a 35' rig, and thus, they are challenges. There is a pool, pickle ball courts and pool tables. It is more a campground than an exclusive resort, and that is part of its charm. The other part is being in Palm Springs where there is an abundance of hiking trails which is what we look for when we come. We have Verizon cell phones and hotspot and have no trouble with either. We camped at Thousand Trails - Palm Springs RV Resort in a Motorhome.

noelbob

Date of Stay: November, 2012 - $1.00

I had forgotten how much fun it is to not panic at the appearance of the "coziness" of this park! But, despite the thousand palm trees (one of two between each site) - and thus the name of this Palm Spring "suburb" - it really is OK to get around; even in a 38 foot, 5th-wheel and long-bed truck. The rate indicates we are TT members. This is a busy place in November after the snow-birds arrive, but pleasant. Bathrooms 7 of 10. Verizon 3 bars of 5. We camped at Thousand Trails - Palm Springs RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

RFCN2

Date of Stay: April, 2012 - $1.00

We just left this park today. We are Thousand Trails members and therefore free for us to stay here. We left anyway and paid somewhere else. I understand that Thousand Trails members can stay here at no cost and that is a good deal, but frankly I was a bit surprised by this park and the high ratings other posters have left. If you are a TT member, have a rig of about 30' or smaller, and can stand a BLAST of noise then this may be the park for you. When I booked I knew it was on the freeway and so I should have known what I was getting into before going here. I just did not anticipate the full effect of I 10 with it's constant din. And there is the trains. LOTS of trains. Many many trains. For me the immense noise ruined the experience. We would never stay here again even if noise were the only problem. It is not. This is Palm Desert and it is very hot here even at the end of April. Like 100. Unless you have a small RV 30 amps is not enough to keep you cool. 98 percent of the pull through sites are 30 amps. There are lots of back in sites with 50 amps. The only problem is that if you have a big RV and do not have the nerves of Evil Knieval you are going to be really really nervous getting into these back in sites. I am a pretty good driver and usually have no problem at all backing into sites. The very big palm trees at the corner of every site had me spooked. I could not find a site I felt comfortable backing into. A good thing about this park is that as usual there are very nice employees here that will help you. They found me the very last pull through site that had 50amps. Naturally it was also the site closest to the freeway and very nearly the closest to the trains. If I were paying to stay here I would have rated it a 1. I will never stay here again. That is until my hearing is poor. And I don't mind 100 degree heat. So likely I will never stay here again. We camped at Thousand Trails - Palm Springs RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Are you affiliated with Thousand Trails - Palm Springs RV Resort?