Palm Desert, California

Palm Desert, California 92211

Elevation: 123' (approximate)
  • ATT, Sprint Cellular Phone Providers Cellular Phone Providers ATT,Sprint
  • Phone Phone ?
  • Central Modem Central Modem ?
  • Walking Trail(s) Walking Trail(s) no
  • Recreation Room Recreation Room yes
  • Hiking Hiking no
  • Horseshoe Pit Horseshoe Pit yes
  • Arcade Games Arcade Games yes
  • Billiards Billiards yes

Ask a Question About Thousand Trails - Palm Springs RV Resort

Date of Stay: March, 2017 - $1.00

We spent two weeks here and truly loved it. While the campsites are not spacious, we had plenty of room for our rig. We had a picnic table and an asphalt patio. The site was level, neighbors were friendly and quiet, and we had full hook-ups. Verizon signal was strong. The campground is located right beside interstate 10. At the front of the park, there is road noise. We stuck to the back section and found it to be very peaceful. The entire park is nestled into a grove of palm trees. There are organized activities, but we didn't participate in them. We did enjoy the Palm Springs area very much. We camped at Thousand Trails - Palm Springs RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Sand

Date of Stay: March, 2017 - $1.00

We are a family of 4 with 2 kids ages 9 and 10. We quickly noticed that there are not many kids that visit this campground. The pool was nice and we enjoyed biking around. The campground is basically just a very large parking lot. First come first served on sites so don't arrive late! we saw some big rigs just driving around frustrated because there are a ton of sites that are not big rig friendly! No free wifi. We camped at Thousand Trails - Palm Springs RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: January, 2017 - $1.00

Left half of the park are pull-through site with 30amp service. The right half are back-in sites with 50amp service. Reservations are accepted but sites are first-come first-serve. We camped at Thousand Trails - Palm Springs RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Arrive early to get the best site. The city of Palm Springs is quite a long drive but there are several nearby cities with full tourist facilities.

Date of Stay: January, 2017 - $1.00

Park is well maintained staff helpful and actives range from pickleball to water volleyball. You are surrounded by a number of events and plenty of shopping opportunities. If it's strictly camping your looking for this is probably not your 1st option but the park can give you the a bit of the outdoor feel. On the bad side has quite a bit of road noise from the freeway and if possible get a site towards the rear of the park. We camped at Thousand Trails - Palm Springs RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Dirt, Grass

To much to list Go to the College of the Desert they have a flee market on weekends El Paseo shopping Of coarse Palm Springs we never did get to the Palm Springs tram ride but hear thats worth the time I guess that's for another trip.

Date of Stay: November, 2016 - $50.00

large park, lots of palm trees, lots of dusty sand. nice and roomy between spaces, more than normal. "gated" security which is nice. everyone seemed to abide to quiet times in our end of the park which was on the varner road end. very high traffic noise from main highway both day and night. train noise several times each night which was louder than the vehicles. we know why the opposite end of park was full; alot further from the noise. we will stay here again if we can get on quiet side. We camped at Thousand Trails - Palm Springs RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

east
Gravel, Sand

golf, shop, be stupid tourists

Date of Stay: November, 2016 - $1.00

Nice smaller 55+ park. Paved roads and concrete pads. Sites can be a but tight. No one was on either side of us our entire visit so we parked our car in the next site. Two pools. not much for activities. Right in Cathedral City so you are close to everything. Lots to do in the Palm Springs area. We camped at Thousand Trails - Palm Springs RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2016 - $3.00

Thousand trails Rv resort Palm Springs in palm desert.

This is one of our favorite parks.

It's close to everything. And big enough to give the dogs a good walk around the park. They do have a "small dog" park on the property. It would be nice if it was bigger with a double gate.

The swimming pool area has really nice cabanas.

Bathrooms and laundry rooms are clean, I can't remember the exact cost for laundry, I think it was 1.50 for wash and 1.25 to dry. The park has a nice big activity center and a book trade one for one room. Nice staff and campers. The speed limit is 5 mph, the streets are paved, the camp sites are gravel/sand. The park is full of Palm trees and they have some citrus trees.

It is a very popular park during the winter, the weather is beautiful except for the sand storms that pop up sometimes. Rv'ers go there from all over every year.

This park has it all! But most of all they welcome "everyone" and they are very pet friendly, welcoming all dogs, large and small. Which in my book shows a warm and caring staff and company.

And no I'm not an employee of the park or thousand trails. We have a zone pass membership. And may join the full membership later.

Thank you thousand trails for giving so much happiness to all. We camped at Thousand Trails - Palm Springs RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Gravel, Sand

Walgreens, slater bros. true value. Bike shop and Thrift stores! Walmart, not too far away, lots of stores to choose from.

Date of Stay: March, 2016 - $1.00

We've stayed here before and will stay again - it is one of our favorite campgrounds. We love the trees, the hiking in Palm Springs and the delightful sunshine and warmth. Do the trees present a bit of a problem with parking? Ah, you have to watch them but most people I noticed didn't have any problems parking. If you're concerned, try the pull-thru section on the left hand side. Pull-thru have 30A, back-ins have 50A.
There are lots of activities but most people seem to be enjoying their own. The pool was filled the several times we walked by, the library is nice and has lots of choices and the bathrooms are always clean. Shopping is nearby and the entry-exit from Rt 10 is very easy.
Yes, there is more dirt and sand than usual but it is a drought in southern California and has been for several years. And, yes, the sand will filter in through your closed windows if it's breezy. There. We camped at Thousand Trails - Palm Springs RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Dirt, Sand

If you like to hike, try the Ladders hike in Mecca. It's fun, not too challenging and a nice slot canyon. It will require a bit of agility though.

Date of Stay: February, 2016 - $1.00

The Thousand Trails Palm Desert resort is convenient to the freeway and to shopping and activities in the area. There are also lots of activities to do at the resort.

Because of the drought, there is no watering of the grass and as a result, what little grass there is seems to be turning into sandy areas. If high winds are predicted, be sure to close your windows as the fine sand will cover everything inside (and outside) - and some will come in even with windows all closed!

The palm trees are nice to have in the park, though they do contribute to challenges in getting parked. We parked in one of the pullthru sites which are to the left as you enter the park; we didn't think our 43' motorhome would fit in the back-in sites on the other side of the park. If you have a long rig, you may want to particularly look for a site in the row (or rows) that have 3 palm trees across, versus the ones with 2, as they are significantly deeper.

We tripped the breaker at our site on a Sunday afternoon and couldn't get it reset. A call to the ranger station brought someone over immediately and he changed out the electric hookup in just a few minutes. We camped at Thousand Trails - Palm Springs RV Resort in a Motorhome.

We needed some parts to repair a couple of things on our rig and one of the other guests at the park recommended that we go to Blair Station. It was quite an interesting shop, and I think he probably has about any RV part or supply that you might need!

Date of Stay: February, 2016 - $33.00

Only pull throughs open were for handicap, yet the park was full of handicap rigs parked everywhere but in the handicap spaces. The palm trees created narrow spaces and there were several stumps that prevented big rigs to back into spaces. The hook ups separated the back in spaces leaving rigs to need extra long electrical cords and water hoses. This is the worst place we've stayed. We camped at Thousand Trails - Palm Springs RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

No Others In Sight

Date of Stay: January, 2016 - $1.00

For snowbirds who are Thousand Trails members, this is an excellent value for a place to escape winter. Not sure how I would feel if I had to pay a premium to stay here, though.

The spots are close together, and always full. There are more people in this park than I have ever experienced at a TT park - always very busy. If you're the social type who likes to meet lots of people and join in activities, it's a great place. If you're claustrophobic, like being alone, or have a large rig, I'd keep looking. On walks I saw large class A's practically shoehorned into the back-in sites.

I loved the palm trees more than I thought I would. There are lots of them, and some fruit trees, too, which the park encourages you to pick. What isn't paved or asphalt is sand. Not a big deal. At other parks it's dirt (or mud!), gravel, or pine needles, all of which will track into your rig, so I don't know what others are complaining about.

The Pros: Perfect Verizon service, really well-maintained hook-ups (if awkwardly placed - first time I've ever needed a power cord extension), sparkling rest rooms, several pickle ball courts, awesome weather in January, great view of snow-capped mountains, UPS and FedEx delivery direct to your site, friendly staff who bend over backwards to help.

The Con: OMG, SO noisy at night! Not the campers - this is the usual quiet, considerate TT crowd I'm used to at all the other parks. But there just is no escaping the traffic noise. At the suggestion of the ranger, I parked all the way in the back of the park, but the freeway just never sleeps. I'm probably more sensitive to this than some others, because I've never lived close to a busy road, but even with all my windows closed, I can still hear it at night.

I rated this an 8 instead of a 10 just for that reason. I will come back here for my required time out from the park I consider my winter home, but this would not be it. We camped at Thousand Trails - Palm Springs RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: December, 2015 - $1.00

This is one of the "nicer" Thousand Trails parks in terms of amenities - nice clubhouse and pool - but sites are very tight. Lovely tall palms throughout the park. Very fine dirt mixed with gravel gets into everything (it's a windy area). My Verizon worked well. Close to shopping, casinos, galleries. We camped at Thousand Trails - Palm Springs RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Gravel, Dirt, Sand

Date of Stay: September, 2015 - $54.00

I don't see how this park is even open. No WiFi except for at certain buildings, not what the website said. The whole place is a dirt patch in palms with hardly any grass. But there were plenty of stickers and thorns that we pulled out our two dogs and my wife. I plugged in my 50 amp and it sounded like the wires in the post were crossed. That was when we packed up and left. I would never go back or recommend to any one else. We camped at Thousand Trails - Palm Springs RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Dirt, Sand

Date of Stay: May, 2015 - $1.00

This is a nice park. It is very open. A few of the pull through spots have some foliage, The back in spots are set up with a couple of Palm trees between each spot.

The spots are foot sized. The vehicle is backed in on sand, then there is a concrete 'patio' and an additional pad next to that for the picnic table.

The pull through spots parked on concrete.

The back in spot had 50 amps as well as 30. It looked like most the back in spots sported 50 amps.

The staff is very cheerful and friendly. They were very helpful.

I did not use the pool, however I saw them cleaning/servicing it in the morning when I took my walks. It looked very clean!

In the evenings sometimes the wind picked up, coating everything in my motorhome with a fine layer of sand/dust.

The road noise and train noise was pretty prevalent towards the front of the park. At the back of the park it will still audible, however not loud enough not disturb normal conversation.

It was not crowded when I was there. They close for the summer and I was there the week before they closed.

No wood fires allowed.

Overall, I like this park. We camped at Thousand Trails - Palm Springs RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Concrete, Sand

Joshua Tree National Park is a nice day trip.

Date of Stay: April, 2015 - $1.00

We had been wanting to stay here for a long time & finally was able to make reservations during a time that worked for our schedule. This park is a little tricky to fit our Big Rig towing a full size truck, but doable. But the dirty sand was really a challenge to walk our 2 white cocker spaniels, that turned brown on our first walk! Then within 12 hours EVERYTHING inside & out of our coach was a constant film of sand/dust...after 2-1/2 days hubby & I were so depressed we relocated to another park. The park is well kept, staff very friendly...just can't handle the constant dust! We camped at Thousand Trails - Palm Springs RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Sand

Are you affiliated with Thousand Trails - Palm Springs RV Resort ?