Thousand Trails - Palm Springs RV Resort

Palm Desert, California

77500 Varner Rd
Palm Desert, California 92211

• Public Phone Public Phone ?

Ask fellow campers about "Thousand Trails - Palm Springs RV Resort" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: March, 2017 - $1.00

We are a family of 4 with 2 kids ages 9 and 10. We quickly noticed that there are not many kids that visit this campground. The pool was nice and we enjoyed biking around. The campground is basically just a very large parking lot. First come first served on sites so don't arrive late! we saw some big rigs just driving around frustrated because there are a ton of sites that are not big rig friendly! No free wifi. We camped at Thousand Trails - Palm Springs RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: April, 2012 - $1.00

We just left this park today. We are Thousand Trails members and therefore free for us to stay here. We left anyway and paid somewhere else. I understand that Thousand Trails members can stay here at no cost and that is a good deal, but frankly I was a bit surprised by this park and the high ratings other posters have left. If you are a TT member, have a rig of about 30' or smaller, and can stand a BLAST of noise then this may be the park for you. When I booked I knew it was on the freeway and so I should have known what I was getting into before going here. I just did not anticipate the full effect of I 10 with it's constant din. And there is the trains. LOTS of trains. Many many trains. For me the immense noise ruined the experience. We would never stay here again even if noise were the only problem. It is not. This is Palm Desert and it is very hot here even at the end of April. Like 100. Unless you have a small RV 30 amps is not enough to keep you cool. 98 percent of the pull through sites are 30 amps. There are lots of back in sites with 50 amps. The only problem is that if you have a big RV and do not have the nerves of Evil Knieval you are going to be really really nervous getting into these back in sites. I am a pretty good driver and usually have no problem at all backing into sites. The very big palm trees at the corner of every site had me spooked. I could not find a site I felt comfortable backing into. A good thing about this park is that as usual there are very nice employees here that will help you. They found me the very last pull through site that had 50amps. Naturally it was also the site closest to the freeway and very nearly the closest to the trains. If I were paying to stay here I would have rated it a 1. I will never stay here again. That is until my hearing is poor. And I don't mind 100 degree heat. So likely I will never stay here again. We camped at Thousand Trails - Palm Springs RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2010 - $1.00

Beautiful park at first glance with all the towering palm trees. However, turns are very tight, sites are not very level and have narrow parking area between the trees and sewer hookup. Staff at the gate were great. Cannot say this about the manager. She was rude, caustic and bordered on being verbally abusive when my husband approached her when the internet went down, to ask if the server was down. Since the temperature in Palm Desert was 102 degrees, and her attitude was anything but pleasant, we cancelled 3 days of our stay here and left the following day. We camped at Thousand Trails - Palm Springs RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2010 - $68.00

We stayed here for a few days, but it seemed cramped and the interstate was so close,m that's all I heard. Its a good stop off for the TT members, if sites are available. Have to reserve ahead in the winter, that's for sure. We camped at Thousand Trails - Palm Springs RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Thousand Trails - Palm Springs RV Resort

Date of Stay: February, 2010 - $5.00

I agree with other reviewers that the staff and other campers are friendlier here than any of the other TT campgrounds we've stayed. We have already visited 6 of them this season. We will probably return at some point, only because of the weather. The sites are super tight, especially for 40' and longer rigs. Vehicle parking is also tight, and is difficult to park and get completely off the road. I have to wash our dog's feet every time he is walked. His feet get covered with a black sooty substance. The Wi-Fi is only at the Adult Center. As compact as this park is, it should be available at the sites. No designated place to unhook and hookup your tow vehicle, roads are narrow and you block traffic. We camped at Thousand Trails - Palm Springs RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: January, 2009 - $1.00

We camped here in October 2008. Older TT park with narrow roads and sites that make it tight for bigger rigs. Pool was very sporadic in it's availability due to maintenance issues. Thorny little round prickly burrs all over the grass got into your shoes and pedal bike tires and we had to fix four flats. WiFi only works right next to the hall. Booked in for three weeks and left early. We camped at Thousand Trails - Palm Springs RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2008 - $30.00

Since this is a TT pk we paid nothing. The sites are under date palm trees and are close. Park needs to be updated as do so many of these Thousand Trails pks. Pool was nice but crowded and small. Breakfast area nice for eating. We stayed here a week as it is a highly used TT pk. We camped at Thousand Trails - Palm Springs RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Featured Campgrounds Near Thousand Trails - Palm Springs RV Resort

Are you affiliated with Thousand Trails - Palm Springs RV Resort ?