4.3 Poor

Parker Dam, California 92267

Longitude: -114.20049

• Electric (50 AMP) Electric (50 AMP) no
  • Restrooms Restrooms ?

Ask fellow campers about "Black Meadow Landing" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $85.00

No much to rave about this place, this is the 3rd time we have come out here, mainly due to friends and family who like the proximity to the lake. I honestly would choose to go else where but here is my review of the park. The drive is treacherous, no sign or indication that your not on your way to your doom. The staff is very rude and always in a bad mood. The first size we stayed in was A row, very close to the beach. This time around we stayed on Z row, spot 5. Closer to the lagoon, but much easier to back in. The spots on Z are very narrow, not a whole lot of wiggle room. Fortunately for us we had family next to us on both sides. The boat launch is simple and easy to access, there was never a long wait. The onsite gas stations is super expensive and that goes for ICE and anything in the general store on site. But sometimes you have no choice unless you want to drive 35min out to parker AZ. Over all the place is very dated, the bathroom and shower facilities are due for some serious overhauling. We had an issue with the sewer backing up, took a few hours to get it sorted. Busy due to 4th of July crowds. Overall I would advice to check other RV park near Parker or closer to Havasu City. We will more than likely come back on account of friends and family, they are convinced that this place is fine. We camped at Black Meadow Landing in a Travel Trailer.

Z5
Not big enough for my travel trailer

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches, Obstacles, Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: January, 2010 - $22.00

The existing ratings are a little dated, so perhaps that explains the differences in what we found during our stay. The location and views are stunningly beautiful. The lake itself, and the surrounding rugged mountain terrain would be hard to top. Of course you don't get to a spot like that off the expressway, so the road is certainly a twisty challenge, but definitely manageable for any experienced driver. Sites vary considerably. Those close to the water are barely more than parking spaces, while others set further back are spacious, with gravel parking and large concrete patio pads. Staff were super-friendly. On arrival, they gave us a list of available sites and a map, and let us look around in our toad so we could pick the site that suited us. We reported an issue with the septic hookup one evening, they were at the site and had it sorted out first thing the next morning. Biggest drawback was the washrooms/showers. They are older and pretty primitive, including being unheated. Showers are poorly leveled concrete, with no separate change area. If you're wearing long pants, there is little chance that you'll get them on dry. Finally, although the men's building appeared to be pretty clean, there was always a strong urine smell inside. I never figured out why. Overall, we would return for the location alone. The welcoming staff make it even more appealing. If you use your own coach shower and washroom facilities, then no worries. We camped at Black Meadow Landing in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: March, 2007 - $78.00

It was the worst experience of my life and will never return. I suggest people with children never visit this park. An employee told my 12 year old son to get into his truck, my son ran away! Needless to say I tried to bring it to management's attention that this was completely inappropriate. I was told by the manager to get out of the office and he didn't want to hear anymore about it. I demanded the owner, but I was told he was unavailable until the following day, and warned that he only sides with his employees. What??? This was crazy, my complaint was that his employee demanded that my child get into a vehicle with him. My complaint was so valid that the sheriff should have been called. I want the world to know that this place is creepy. What kind of people run this establishment The owner did visit my site and I can not begin to comprehend the verbal abuse that was laid onto me by him. He did not allow me to say one word. I politely introduced myself and from then on he screamed at me, caused my 5 year old to cry and scared all of our children. This monster told me to pack my $#7% and take my brats out of his park and never return. I will never return, you can bet on that, and folks with children should not visit. . We camped at Black Meadow Landing in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: September, 2006 - $56.00

This is one place we will put in our Do Not Return Book. Not only was the staff extremely rude, the park was not very clean, the road to get there is very windy. They charge extra for electricity, other campers continuously walk through your site if you are on the A row. Never will return! We camped at Black Meadow Landing in a Travel Trailer.

Featured Campgrounds Near Black Meadow Landing

Date of Stay: April, 2006 - $58.00

Gorgeous location on the shore of Lake Havasu. Waterfront sites are worth the price, you will be right on a beach. Sites are wide enough for slides, but not much room once they are out. Staff is helpful. Only drawback is that the last 7 miles is a very windy and narrow road. Also, you can't drive an RV over the dam so you have to go by Parker, AZ--just keep in mind it takes a while to get this place. We camped at Black Meadow Landing in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2005 - $45.00

We stayed over Memorial Day week-end, as expected it was crowded, however, we did not expect to have our 2 chaise lounge chairs($250.00) and our outdoor rug stolen($75.00) while we were by the river, people also cut through our campsite to get to the river, they even walked under our canopy while we were sitting there, quiet hours were not enforced, the people in the office were not very helpful. We camped at Black Meadow Landing in a Travel Trailer.

Featured Campgrounds Near Black Meadow Landing

Are you affiliated with Black Meadow Landing ?