Kit Fox RV Park

Patterson, California

240 Rogers Rd
Patterson, California 95363

Ask fellow campers about "Kit Fox RV Park" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $22.00

Stayed here many times over the years of our RV life. This stay has been different. The separation between gravel parking area and grass has blended together. The sprinklers have sprayed both sides of our RV and also our toad. The workers have stated that they know about the problem but management will not authorize the repairs. The park has become a haven for workers at the local distribution warehouses like Amazon. This is no longer a nice RV park but only a stop for a night park. Too bad..we really enjoyed the way it was better. We camped at Kit Fox RV Park in a Motorhome.

back in
Not big enough for my motorhome

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $42.00

Easy access from I-5 and just far enough from freeway to be quiet. Cable service limited (12) channels but with excellent reception. However you can get many over the air channels with your antenna. Within walking distance of two or three restaurants. Many fuel stations close by as well. Only 15 pull-thrus on gravel, but many back-ins with some grass. Sites are close together. NOTE: Check in time is 1:00 pm and strictly observed. The Manager is most friendly and helpful in trying accommodate your stay. Stayed 2 nights as we were attending an event in Ceres, CA, 20 miles away and no RV parks any closer. Would stay here again when traveling I-5. We camped at Kit Fox RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Wal-mart and Save-Mart in Patterson about 2 miles away. There is a Amazon distribution center about a mile away so there is some occasional truck noise off the road near the park.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $38.00

This RV park is conveniently located just off I-10 in Patterson. The campground is clean and the interior roads wide. While there is no problem in putting slides out, the sites are very narrow and lack a patio area or picnic table ... although there are two "community" picnic areas. Campground host is very helpful. It is perfect of an overnight stop. We camped at Kit Fox RV Park in a Motorhome.

Within a couple of miles there are multiple restaurants, gas stations and a Walmart.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $42.00

Good stop while traveling I5. Gravel site and we had to level. Walking distance to fast food and couple restaurants. No pool or anything. Just a stop, use PA then would be well worth it. If we ever attempt I5 with trailer again would return. We camped at Kit Fox RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Walking to fast food. Not much else around.

Featured Campgrounds Near Kit Fox RV Park

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $42.00

We stayed here for one night to break up our drive to Oregon. I only dealt with the front office over the phone and they were very helpful. There are plenty of fuel stops near the campground and places to eat. If you are looking to break up your drive this campground is perfect. We camped at Kit Fox RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $24.00

Large, basic no frills park with easy on/off access to I-5. There are 138 back-in sites (4 of which are trailer rentals) and 13 pull through sites (all sites are FHU). Most of the back-in sites appear to be full of long term/permanents. We stayed in site 101, closest to the office and the only pull through site with green space. All sites are large gravel over deteriorating concrete, so you may need a leveling block or two. Sites are VERY close together, especially the back-in sites. NO picnic table, grill or fire rings on any of the sites. There are some common use grassy areas which are well maintained that have picnic tables. Interior roads are nicely paved and easy to navigate. The park has laundry on site (4 washers/4 dryers), but it's inside the office so you can only wash when it's open (I believe from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.). The office does not provide change and there is no change machine, so be prepared to bring your own quarters. There are 3 toilets and 4 showers per gender located in the office which were clean but are only available when the office is open. They also have private unisex showers/bathrooms (available 24/7) on either side of the park (I believe it's two per side), but they are well used and not as nice/clean as the ones in the office. The park also has a small playground, BBQ area, clubhouse, dog run and lots for rv storage. They sell propane on site. 12 cable channels included in price, however we were able to get 60+ channels with our antenna. Very good Verizon signal and utilities worked well. The park offers wifi but we didn't use it. There is an access gate from the park that leads to several restaurants and fast food places. While the park is far enough away from the noise from I-5, it is located on a road which leads to the Amazon fulfillment center, so you will hear noise from the semis going by. We would stay here again as it's convenient for an overnight stop. We camped at Kit Fox RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Concrete, Gravel

Walmart Supercenter is less than two miles away. Patterson is a pretty town with lots of eateries and necessities. It's not a destination, but certainly a good place to grab a bite and buy groceries. We ate at Apricot Wood BBQ just across the street from the park and recommend it. The park accepts Passport America (with no restrictions!), so the daily rate came to $24 including taxes and fees.

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $42.00

This is our third stay here. Easy access from the freeway, about a day's drive from our home, level pull-through site with grass and picnic table. We will continue to stop here when we need to drive through the Central Valley. I wouldn't stop here if I were driving down US 99; but it's a perfect stopover for us between Northern and southern CA on Interstate 5 We camped at Kit Fox RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $21.00

Just far enough from freeway to be quiet. Cable service limited (12) channels but with excellent reception. Within walking distance of two or three restaurants. Only stayed one night and left early but would stay here again when in the area. We camped at Kit Fox RV Park in a Motorhome.

JDR

Date of Stay: January, 2018 - $40.00

The park is clean with both back-in's and pull thru's. The sates are gravel with paved interior roads. The pull thru's are limited and but long enough to stay hooked. the sites are close together but great for an overnight. We camped at Kit Fox RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: December, 2017 - $35.00

Kit Fox was an oasis in the desert, though it's not in the desert. I actually thought it was newer than it is (actually about 10 years old). Everything was well-maintained and the staff was eager to please. Within easy walking distance of several eateries, including a KFC, a pizza place and a sit-down restaurant. And a walk-in gate at the opposite end from the campground entry made it very convenient to try out the local food choices. In addition, there is local bus service into the town of Patterson, including a Wal-Mart. Although we missed our first return connection, we got to enjoy a 45-minute ride around the neighboring communities, thanks to a very gracious bus driver. We stayed at Kit Fox on a round-trip to Oregon. On the return trip, we decided to just "hang out" and enjoy a second night. Definitely a place to "hang out." We camped at Kit Fox RV Park in a Motorhome.

Asphalt, Gravel

Propane sales on-site and competitive with the nearby Flying J.

Date of Stay: December, 2017 - $41.00

There are very, very few campgrounds along I-5 in California from Bakersfield to Stockton, so this was a welcome stop for one night. It is typical of highway RV parks in that it is a bit cramped and dusty. The best thing about this place is that there is a cluster of fast food and regular restaurants at this interstate exit, so it was convenient to get food and gas. There were some permanent residents, but the place was fairly clean and not too noisy, other than highway noise, after dark. We camped at Kit Fox RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: December, 2017 - $41.00

I was somewhat leery about staying here because other reviews had said this basically a parking lot with a lot of long term users and road noise. I stayed because of it's convenient location and to see for myself. I am pleased to say that those descriptions do not do this campground justice. There are a small number of long term renters but so what? This park is clean, convenient and quiet; while I was there anyway. My one nite stay extended to three nights because of an exceptionally strong high pressure wind system over California. (Remember the devastating fire storms happening in CA at the time?) The man running the place (I'm sorry I forget his name) was pleasant & helpful. The park isn't a huge park but was clean and the grass areas were kept up. There's a small laundry area in the main building/ office area. I didn't use these but they looked clean and organized. Freeway access is good and there's plenty of restaurants and fuel areas close by. I think cable was available but I didn't use it as there were plenty of OTA TV stations. There is a variety of restaurants close by, from fast food to sit down places. The Denney's across the street was one of the literally cleanest I've ever been to. Even the menu's looked like they had been just washed. Also right across the street is a big bar-b-que restaurant ( I can't remember it's name but you can't miss it.). They have a huge menu with huge servings and I highly recommend the the ribs. You can just suck the meat right off the bone and the the corn on the cob is a whole, grilled cob! We camped at Kit Fox RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Asphalt, Gravel

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $40.00

Made reservation for pull through with their computer system only to find they had no record when I arrived and only back-in spaces available. Gave me the space for no charge but after unhooking toad, realized all their back-in spaces are only 25' deep and only 16'wide. They insisted the space was large enough to park the coach and jeep side by side but couldn't put out our slides out on one side, had to park the jeep 6" from the motorhome and the rear RV tires were on the grass. The water sprinklers came on late that night blasting the side and back of the coach. 75% of sites are long term campers (not a problem, could be working at the distribution center next door). Be careful! Unless you have a small RV with no slides stay away from the back-in sites. Make sure you actually have a reservation for a pull thru site. Won't be back. We camped at Kit Fox RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $23.00

This RV park is located just off I-5 near Patterson, CA, although it is far enough from the highway that you we weren't bothered by noise. It is adjacent to the off-ramp plaza with gas stations and fast food restaurants. It is a relatively young park with asphalt driveways and gravel site pads. We had a pull through site that was plenty long for our motorhome and car, although it was somewhat narrow. There were full hookups with 50 amp electric and cable, no patio, picnic table or fire ring. Restrooms and laundry were clean and in good condition. There is WiFi included but we found it to be useless. We paid $23 per night with Passport America. We camped at Kit Fox RV Park in a Motorhome.

Nearby, Very Close

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $36.00

October 3- Nice campground right off of I-5. Surprising very little noise comes from the freeway. Clean restrooms and showers. Lots of amenities nearby. We camped at Kit Fox RV Park in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Kit Fox RV Park

Are you affiliated with Kit Fox RV Park ?