Los Angeles / Pomona / Fairplex KOA

2200 North White Ave.
Pomona, California 91768

• Kid Friendly Kid Friendly no
  • Phone Phone yes

Ask fellow campers about "Los Angeles / Pomona / Fairplex KOA" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $68.00

The very polite staff member told me over the phone that our site was longer and wider than it actually was when we showed up. Then we had to pay extra to park our other truck and cargo trailer somewhere else. I did get the price for that cut in half when I complained and I got to park in the space next to the RV for the night. The park is clean but not comfortable with being packed in so close to my neighbors and tight turns plus the water looked like milk when it came out of the tap so I had to buy some at the park store since there was no place in walking distance to buy it. Okay for a night, but not the kind of place we would normally stay and certainly for that price we would expect it to be a lot nicer! Not worth the money. Sites too small. Much nicer places to camp if you plan ahead and do your research. We had a mechanical issue to take care of so we didn't have much of a choice. This place was not our kind of place. We camped at Los Angeles / Pomona / Fairplex KOA in a Motorhome.

Tight Turns, Obstacles

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $75.00

The park lots are VERY close together. The neighbor's awning was 6" from our bedroom slideout. Our side lot was covered about 1/4 in grass and the rest was dirt. When the sprinklers came on in the morning, it made for a muddy mess. There wasn't a picnic table on the lot, but we would not have been able to use it because of the dirt. The nearby lot had a lot of cigarette butts on it, but were mowed up when their lawn was mowed. This park has many full timers that need to leave work between 5 and 7 am which woke us up as the motorcycles and trucks started leaving the park. We camped at Los Angeles / Pomona / Fairplex KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: January, 2018 - $50.00

Pros: 20 minutes from the gold line, 5 minutes from the metrolink, staff was courteous, Park was clean, many spots for big rigs. I stayed there in December and got a site big enough for my trailer and tow vehicle. Cons: stayed there in January and my spot was only big enough for my trailer and they charged me additional for a parking spot (later refunded by manager when I complained). While staff was courteous, there were no personnel driving around to see what was needed like in so many other parks. There were problems with the plumbing there that week and it smelled awful occasionally. One big flaw was the laundry. For a full big park you need more than 2 working dryers. Staff, again courteous, said that they were to be repaired but nothing happened. We opted for the local laundromat. We probably won't stay there again. We camped at Los Angeles / Pomona / Fairplex KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Not big enough for my 5th wheel

San dimas and Laverne are great cities nearby with shopping and entertainment options.

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $70.00

We were not all that impressed with this park for the cost. I understand that it is close to Los Angeles but still think that well over $500 for a week, even with the discount, is excessive. They are in the process of upgrading the park but, at this time, all that has been done is the office - and it is very nice. Staff was extremely helpful and, when I explained that we were visiting a friend from my high school years, they even gave us a (very small) site right next to ours for her to park. Sites were fairly level blacktop and wide enough for our slides although very close to the neighboring units. We were not able to use our awning at all due to a pole right next to our unit (no idea what it was for). There was no cable but we were able to get many stations on the antenna. Wi-fi was slow and not all that reliable. Other utilities worked well. There was some litter at our site and the grass definitely needed mowing. There were a lot of permanent/seasonal residents but they were neat and well-kept. The laundry was small and several of the machines were not working. Our site was right next to the tent sites and the people in the tents were very upset that the only restrooms were at the exact opposite end of the park. We were close to the Fairplex and did get some noise on the weekend but it wasn't bad and didn't go on too late. I would probably try to find another park if we are ever back in the area. We camped at Los Angeles / Pomona / Fairplex KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

102-103

Featured Campgrounds Near Los Angeles / Pomona / Fairplex KOA

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $65.00

The sites were clean enough with nice trees and some grass...some, not much. I wasn't terribly impressed with anything about the park, but it's a clean, safe enough place to stay if you need to be in the area for whatever reason. I ran into some resistance from park personnel about having guests visit us for dinner one night - they're VERY strict about parking though I was able to "convince" them to relax their rules a bit for one night. There was quite a bit of noise Friday and Saturday nights from the Fairplex next door... if there's an event going on while you're there, expect some noise. We camped at Los Angeles / Pomona / Fairplex KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: November, 2016 - $70.00

We stayed at the Fairplex side of the KOA as we were there for the NHRA drag races. We checked in at the KOA office and found the most delightfully friendly person there. We did have trouble getting in and out of the regular KOA as the turns were very narrow and we had to go around the whole park, backing up many times to try to get around the corners. We have a 43' Truck Conversion which doesn't turn well. We drove over to the Fairplex lot and got situated near the water slide. The 50 amp service kicked off a few times during our stay, which was annoying, but my DH managed to get it working again. There is no wifi at this part of the KOA, so we drove back to the main park to use the wifi in the office. It worked fine there. There's plenty of room at the Fairplex as it's a parking lot, with temporary power and water set up, and some sites have sewer as well. It's a perfect place for us to stay for the races. We were very happy there. We camped at Los Angeles / Pomona / Fairplex KOA in a Motorhome.

By the water slide

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $70.00

This is an older KOA. The very friendly staff checked us in quickly. The interior roads are tight as are the sites. A close tree prevented me from using our awning and if I were able to use it, it would have hit my neighbor's rv. The utilities worked ok. There is no cable and I couldn't use my satellite because of trees blocking. I was able to get an OTA signal. There are other sites on the other side of the park that seem larger but are mostly taken by long term folks. The best thing about this park is you can access events located at gate 9 thru a gate. In our case the SoCal rv show. We camped at Los Angeles / Pomona / Fairplex KOA in a Motorhome.

There's no markets or restaurants located within walking distance. There are plenty of both to the north in Claremont and Upland. You will need to drive to any Fairplex event other than at gate 9.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $55.00

I would never stay here again even though it is so close to the S Cali area. I realize there is not to many campgrounds to pick from but we have had better in the area many times.

For the price $55, the spots are very narrow to the point that room extensions will be pretty close to the camper next door. Forget the use of the awning or table, bbq etc.

Seems like it was mostly the local crowd from the LA area. The pool sounded and looked like the big attraction.

Prior to leaving I warned the office of a car parked in the roadway many days before we were to leave. This car parked in the roadway would make our exit impossible without backing out of our pull thru site. The office staff was useless when I voiced concern well in advance of our departure date.

Sure enough 8 am I needed to pull out and the car was parked in the roadway yet again another night.

Had to disconnect the towed and back out because of lack of management control of the campground.

Never again when such good camping is a stone throw away if you plan ahead. We camped at Los Angeles / Pomona / Fairplex KOA in a Motorhome.

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches, Obstacles, Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: February, 2016 - $58.00

They do not pre-assign site numbers. Sites are pull-thru but very close to the neighboring spot. They do have double hook-ups in each space so you pull in from either direction. We were on end spot and had a nice patch of grass, but sprinklers came on full blast at 7 a.m. for 45 minutes (in a drought). Soaked everything we had sitting outside and couldn't get out of our RV without getting soaked. Complained to 4 people working in park and all of them claimed it was not their responsibility and that I'd have to tell their boss. Wood fires are not allowed but propane can be used. We camped at Los Angeles / Pomona / Fairplex KOA in a Motorhome.

Site 179

Wi-Fi is useless. Next door to fairground parking lot so it could be noisy if there is an event going on. There are 2 small cabins, and a small tent area that is pretty far away from restrooms and showers

Date of Stay: October, 2015 - $59.00

Sites are really small. You and your neighbor can't both put out your awnings if that's the way you are parked. Didn't use any of the extras as we were there for the RVIA Show at the Fairplex. People in office were nice. We camped at Los Angeles / Pomona / Fairplex KOA in a Motorhome.

Asphalt, Grass

Date of Stay: June, 2015 - $59.00

We stayed here in a 42' motor home with a tow - we unhooked our Jeep prior to driving to our site. The spaces were pretty cool as you could drive in either side of your street and there were hookups on both sides of the RV. All sites are pull-through and there was a parking space for our Jeep. The staff was busy but very friendly and attentive. The manager was also there helping someone with directions. Our dog loved the beautiful long pet walk. The park was being maintained daily and trees were trimmed--lots of large trees for shade. This is an older park, close to lots of great restaurants and you can just walk over to the Fairplex events. Had a great stay! We camped at Los Angeles / Pomona / Fairplex KOA in a Motorhome.

Concrete, Grass

La Verne and San Dimas are very close and offer lots of shopping and restaurants!

Date of Stay: March, 2015 - $62.00

We stayed here for an RV reunion. The park has a nice setting with lots of trees. That is a plus, but also a problem. The park is very tight for maneuvering. Many sites are way too narrow. The first site they sent us to was so tight that we could not put out our slides without hitting something. There are a lot of long term residents, but they mostly keep up their areas and are very friendly. I would only stay here if going to an event at the Pomona Fairplex. We camped at Los Angeles / Pomona / Fairplex KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: February, 2015 - $58.00

We stay here for the NHRA races every year, it is an ok place with half of the spots apparently long term residents. If you have a roof mounted dish site placement is important as trees are in the way. If you want satellite signal either ask or have a portable unit. Morning traffic noise is there too. Hot tub was nice and bathrooms were redone. Staff was polite too. We camped at Los Angeles / Pomona / Fairplex KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: January, 2015 - $54.00

We stayed here for the Grand National Roadster Show. The Fairplex is adjacent to the park, so this was a huge plus for us. The grounds are beautiful. We had an end spot with lots of grass. Multiple dog run areas (not entirely fenced, just nice bark-strewn walkways lining the park). Staff presence was obvious throughout the park...everything was sparkling clean. The front office has great tips on where to go and what to do should you need to venture into town. Claremont is a short drive (or bike ride) away with lots of great shopping and restaurants. Target is about 2 miles away and an easy walk. We camped at Los Angeles / Pomona / Fairplex KOA in a Motorhome.

Adrian's mobile detailing is often on the grounds. He does an excellent job!

Date of Stay: December, 2014 - $57.00

We stayed over the holiday's. Very full during our stay with a lot of full time residents. Staff super friendly and accommodating. Very quite and clean. WiFi pretty terrible, but cell reception (Verizon) was great. Store was well stocked and convenient. Sites a little close together, but manageable. We camped at Los Angeles / Pomona / Fairplex KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Featured Campgrounds Near Los Angeles / Pomona / Fairplex KOA

Are you affiliated with Los Angeles / Pomona / Fairplex KOA ?