8.7 Excellent

Mountain Gate RV Park

14161 Holiday Rd
Redding, California 96003

Recent Rate: $43 5/2017

• Tent Camping Tent Camping ?
  • ATT, Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile, U.S. Cellular Cellular Phone Providers Cellular Phone Providers ATT,Verizon,Sprint,T-Mobile,U.S. Cellular
  • Phone Phone ?
  • Central Modem Central Modem ?
  • Meeting Rooms Meeting Rooms yes
  • Group Kitchen Group Kitchen yes
  • Banquet Facilities Banquet Facilities yes
  • Recreation Room Recreation Room yes
  • Hiking Hiking yes
  • Spa Spa yes
  • Horseshoe Pit Horseshoe Pit yes

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $43.00

Water pressure 50 pounds. Site was a pull thru, and they have back ins as well. The sites are all concrete and level. They provide only a grass strip between sites, about 10 feet wide, so it felt not very private. When the park was built, they obviously planted trees in the grass strips, and the trees provide a bit of shade. That was good thinking. The whole operation is obviously well run. As amenities, they have a pool, hot tub, community room (air conditioned with TV), Wi-Fi (worked great), cable (have not used). We camped at Mountain Gate RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Not big enough for my travel trailer

Site was long enough for the 30 foot trailer, but could not also accomodate the truck. Last year I asked the operators of RV Park Reviews to change the ratings available for site length, but they have not changed them. Right now, you either say it is NOT long enough for your trailer, or it is long enough for the trailer with truck.

Date of Stay: March, 2017 - $38.00

This is a very nice park in the trees. This is our second time here and have enjoyed both times. The folks here are very friendly and helpful. The spaces are a little narrow and we had to use all of the space available in our spot for our 35 foot motor home plus toad. This was just an overnight stay on our way somewhere else, but it is great for that, and I suppose it could be good base for exploring the area. We will probably stay here again. We camped at Mountain Gate RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: December, 2016 - $39.00

We stayed over Christmas. This park has very easy access to Hwy. (I-5) The park was clean and well maintained. The restrooms were very clean. There does appear to be long term resident's but all the site's were clean and orderly. Nice pool and spa area. Laundry room was very clean. The only down side was noise from the hwy. that we just are not use to. We will stay at this park again. We camped at Mountain Gate RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

pebble, owner at Mountain Gate RV Park responded to this review

Hi: Thank you for your review of our park. We are glad your stay was enjoyable
Happy New Year
Patrick Stone, Mgr

Date of Stay: November, 2016 - $39.00

Check-in fast, efficient, and friendly. A very crowded campground with many long term residents. All the sites seemed well maintained. A little tight maneuvering around in a large motorhome. Roads are somewhat narrow and there are many cars parked in the road. Lots of trees but they are well trimmed or just tall trees. Our site was strange. When we checked in, the host mentioned that we could use as much of the road as we needed. He wasn't kidding either. We jutted out on both ends - the toad wasn't even technically in the site, it was in the interior road. The site was not very level although we were at a weird angle due to the location of the site. We were not able to get Directv due to trees but the cable was good. Verizon was 4g 4 bars. The utilities worked fine. The WII FI requires patience - it's either very slow or fairly reasonable. There is definite noise from I-5. We camped at Mountain Gate RV Park in a Motorhome.

Tight Turns, Obstacles

pebble, owner at Mountain Gate RV Park responded to this review

Thank you for choosing Mt. Gate RV Park and for your review. When you visit again we hope to provide a site that better meets your needs.
Pat Stone, Mgr.

Date of Stay: November, 2016 - $14.00

Just finishing a 30 day stay at this very nice park. A good number of drive-thru sites for temporary stops. Many long term units but they are kept very neat and tidy. Easy on & off from Hwy 5. Park is relatively close to the highway but road noise is not excessive. Sites are cement pads, level and long enough for my 32' TT. Restrooms and showers were spotless but temperature was low (61) last night. The owner and staff are top-notch, always ready with assistance and local info. Would definitely stay here again when in the area. We camped at Mountain Gate RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Concrete, Gravel, Grass

8-10 miles to Redding and good shopping. Shasta lake is close.

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $39.00

This is a very attractive CG. Built on a hillside, sites are on steppes with nice lawn/landscaping. Take exit 687 off I-5, east side of the highway, right on Holiday Drive to the CG. Good signage. Holiday drive is asphalt in poor condition. Friendly front office staff. Credit cards accepted. No tent camping or yurts but has cabins. CG roads are wide, asphalt in good condition. There are many, tall trees but no overhead or access obstacles. Easy turns. FHU-20/30/50. Transient sites are concrete surface, level with utilities at mid-rig, sewer connection at ground level. No patio, nice picnic tables. Many trees challenge satellite views. Fires not permitted. Good water pressure and taste. Stocked office store. Restrooms/showers are "90's" but very clean and maintained (score "A"). Propane at $2.35+tax/gallon. Laundry. Small but clean and safe playground (Lil' Tykes equipment). Cable TV. Free Wi-Fi with adequate bandwidth. Verizon coverage at "1-bar"; Jetpack 4G coverage at "3-bars". Unheated, big pool. Hot spa. No traffic noise from I-5. Bug Report: no notable insect issues in October. Recycle bins for everything except glass. We camped at Mountain Gate RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Drive about 9 miles south to Redding for everything from restaurants to banks to hardware to shops. Diesel near CG is $3/gallon but only slightly cheaper in Redding ($2.799 at Chevron). RV service and parts stores all over the place. Camping World about 5-ish miles south on I-5 from Redding. I recommend Casa Ramos Mexican on Hilltop Road.

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $39.00

This was the nicest overall park I have stayed in since I began my life as a full-time RVer. It is a lovely park set among many oak and other kinds of trees with concrete slabs and grass dividing sites. The bathrooms are the nicest and cleanest I have been in. Each time I went in to shower, It looked as if everything had just been cleaned to include the shower curtains. A maintenance person even checked the bathroom at 8:30 at night to make sure it was in good shape at the end of the day for those showering later in the evening. The woman who checked me in was a delight. I wish we were allowed to use names when people are especially nice when we write these reviews, but we are not. The day I was leaving, the owner of the park stopped by and chatted with me. He could not have been nicer or seemingly more concerned about his park. The location is wonderful, just five minutes from a small town located off the next exit from I5, and Redding is just 10 minutes away. You are within short driving distance for day trips to Shasta dam, the lakes, Burney Falls and several other natural wonders in the Shasta mountain area. The park is so nice and well-kept, I am thinking of spending at least a month there as I make my way back north in the spring. We camped at Mountain Gate RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $37.00

Stayed here for an overnight on way south on I-5. Very close to highway, but noise somewhat abated by all the trees in the CG. Concrete pads separated by grass, some have trees. Perfect for a rainy overnight. Staff very friendly, all accommodations clean. Many long term occupants, but very tidy and well maintained. They have a hot tub, lounge with a TV, and small store. Poor wifi. We camped at Mountain Gate RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $40.00

Very neat, quiet, clean, manicured park with plenty of elbow room. Well maintained sites with concrete level pads with plenty of room for slides and awnings. Shade trees well trimmed to not interfere with your coach. Friendly and inviting office staff. No park is perfect, but this one is pretty darn close. Pay no mind to the reviews of road noise from I-5. I'm a light sleeper and I didn't use ear plugs! We camped at Mountain Gate RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

If you haven't seen the redwoods, head over to the Avenue of the Giants and Humboldt Redwood State Park. You won't regret it.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $40.00

The campground is nice, with level concrete sides and enough clean restrooms and showers, the wifi signal is strong only the speed is awful so Wochenende use our smart phone as a hotspot (AT&T provides 2 bars LTE).

What I didn't like on this (and the most other campgrounds) is, that they give the overnight guest always the poorer sites and told you: "no other sites are available" (in our row alone where 4 nicer and bigger sites free and stayed free for the whole night).

And to charge us a extra fee for our dogs ($1 per day and pet) is not up-to-date. We camped at Mountain Gate RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $39.00

This park is tops in all that is important to us. Clean bathrooms, nice hot showers with hand held shower heads in handicapped. Excellent wifi! Level concrete pads with grass and picnic tables. Hate to give such high ratings because I don't want it to be harder to get our favorite place! Too late! Very popular place! Very nice staff! We camped at Mountain Gate RV Park in a Motorhome.

Concrete, Grass

Lassen, whiskeytown lake, lake shasta

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $39.00

This was our 2nd stay at Mountain Gate RV Park. We like the spaces and the staff is always very friendly. Enjoyed the free continental breakfast in the morning. We would stay here again. We camped at Mountain Gate RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $39.00

We originally had reservations up in Lake Shasta and the day we were leaving I went into my google maps to map our trip and noticed some reviews of the place in the Google maps app. I clicked on them and it took me to Yelp. I was horrified to find that the place in Shasta had terrible reviews. I had only booked our trip 3 months ago, yet in the last 2 weeks since the 4th of July there were 5 bad reviews, bringing down the overall rating. This was the first week the hubs and I had off in 4 years. We decided we couldn't take a chance. We immediately found Mountain Gate here on RV Park Reviews. I called and spoke to a very nice man who got us in for 5 nights!! Mountain Gate RV Resort is super friendly and super clean. There's a gated dog park with gravel. The spots where we are, are off set so we don't see neighbors on either side. We don't use the bathrooms/showers, but I hear they're clean and the parks overall cleanliness likely reflects that. The pool is quaint and very clean. They have coffee and muffins in the office in the morning. Needless to say, the hubs and I had to drive to our original destination to see what all the horror was about. It was horrible, staying at Mountain Gate RV Resort was the best decision we made. We're only halfway into our trip and we love the peacefulness. A little highway noise, but not bad at all. This park is wonderful! We camped at Mountain Gate RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

76 Back-in

No Others In Sight, Spacious

The Chevron down the street has BlueDef fluid. Found that out after going to Walmart twice.

pebble, owner at Mountain Gate RV Park responded to this review

Thank you for staying at our park. I am glad we could do our part to start you vacation on the right track..
Have fun,
Pat, Mgr.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $40.00

Very nice park. We were originally put in site 122 but could not get satellite tv and the office moved us to site 73 and it worked perfect. The restrooms were very clean and checked often. Seemed to be many long term residents but not a problem. There is not much to do at the park directly but the location is good for exploring Lake Shasta, Whiskeytown Lake etc. We camped at Mountain Gate RV Park in a Motorhome.

pebble, owner at Mountain Gate RV Park responded to this review

Hi. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Safe travels and hope to see you soon.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $39.00

This is a very nice park, very easy to get in and out of. When we first arrived and started to hook up to utilities, we found that we had a problem with the 30 amp electrical hook up. I went to the park office and told them about the issue and they jumped on it right away. It was 109 degrees out side and the park manager was out there for about an hour and got it fixed. The people that run this park are first class, very helpful the entire stay. The bathrooms and showers we very clean and well taken care of. The laundry room was also well maintained.

If you are going to stay in Redding CA I would highly recommend this park. We camped at Mountain Gate RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Take the drive to Lassen National Park, about an hour.

Redding RV Park

Durango RV Resort

Red Bluff, California

Marina RV Park

Redding, California

Are you affiliated with Mountain Gate RV Park?