LaPacifica RV Resort

San Diego, California

Recent Rate: $45 8/2010

Wayne01

Park appears to be filled with full or long term residents living in their trailers or motor-homes. The park is clean and the staff friendly. The pool area is well maintained. The park is well shaded with both pull through and back-in sites. The park is located a about 100 yards from busy Interstate 5 only about 3 miles from the Mexican border. The freeway traffic noise is constant 24 hours a day and doesn't change much at night. I will probably not return to this location. We camped at LaPacifica RV Resort in a Motorhome.

TPE

We had a mixed feeling about this RV Park. We booked it and when we got there 2PM in the afternoon the office was closed. Surprising to find it closed since this was an RV park. There was a bunch of envelopes with names on them for site reservations. Ours showed our site # and name and that it was a "back-in" site. When we went to the site it was way too small for us. A nice fellow who lived in the park saw that there was no way at all that we could fit in there and so he came and showed us a better site. The site he showed us could fit us in there but it was a dump of a site. Right next to the highway wall, and right between 2 abandoned run down 5th wheels from the 70's ! Being just 2 miles from Mexico we figured, oh well, we will just be using it as a base camp while in SD, so we stayed. We went to get some supplies and upon returning at 4PM we saw the office open. I went inside and the lady in there was quite rude. Each time I tried to speak one word she would immediately cut me off and state the same thing: "THE OFFICE IS CLOSED TODAY, ANY PROBLEMS CAN BE DEALT WITH IN THE MORNING". I said "BUT I JUST NEED A KEY TO THE RESTR-" "SIR, THE OFFICE IS CLOSED TODAY, ANY PROBLEMS CAN BE DEALT WITH IN THE MORNING". I said "BUT HOW DO I USE THE RESTR-" "SIR, THE OFFICE IS CLOSED TODAY, ANY PROBLEMS CAN BE DEALT WITH IN THE MORNING". This went in for about 60 seconds with me just trying to deal with the simplest of issues but I kept getting cut off. Finally I got the keys. The next morning the lady was super nice. I was told by one of the long term residents there that Sunday was her only day off. I feel bad for her but the office door was open and my issues were simple. I would recommend that you arrive on any day but Sunday. In some areas the park is beautiful. The office, bathrooms, Laundry and Rec Room are truly resort like. About 2/3 of the sites are really really nice. The other 1/3 are run down and have people living in old beat up RV's. Some of the people living in them are very very nice and some are just plain mean and gang-like looking. This park is just a little bit short of being a 1st class park. I would recommend the park only if you arrive on any day but Sunday and get to pick your site. WI-FI is only available in the rec room which closes at 10PM so it is inconvenient. Price was fair at $36 . Don't buy ICE there, it is $3 for a small bag ! We camped at LaPacifica RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Are you affiliated with LaPacifica RV Resort?