7 Good

• Marina Marina yes
  • Golfing Golfing yes
  • Bike Path(s) Bike Path(s) yes

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $46.00

We had a week stay. Had a difficult time contacting park to adjust reservations before we even got here. Park is clean and everyone nice once I contacted them. Cable and wifi ok. Had trouble with wifi even as writing review. Lost water twice during one day due to construction nearby and no notice. Dogs barking were annoying. Not positive if we would return but not a lot of parks to choose from in area. Tight space with truck parking We camped at Mission Bay RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $38.00

Stayed for 31 nights arriving in March and departing second week of April. This park is ok. Mostly asphalt with just enough trees to make backing our 45' MH into spot challenging. A lot of big pickup trucks parked along/partially in the street contributed to that as well. Good Verizon connection phone and MIFI. Wifi was essentially nonexistent during normal hours. Satellite hooked up just fine. There is a former mobile home community surrounding the RV park that has been abandoned. No movement or demolition underway just yet which made walking in the area along the bay simply superb. Inside the park, doggie relief areas consisted of the small squares of dirt around the trees mentioned above or the "Pet Stop" which is too small to be effective. Security for the park is good as well with a guarded entrance and it's completely fenced. Hookups are the smaller threaded pipes for sewer.....water and electrical are toward the back of the spot but no problem to reach. Getting into the park from I5 is no problem. Folks at the desk were excellent. This park offers recycling which is very convenient and appreciated. Good place to stay in the San Diego area. We camped at Mission Bay RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Try a couple of tacos at Puesto at the Headquarters downtown. WOW!

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $46.00

We loved our 1 month stay at Mission Bay. What made is special to us was the Bay Front View, so my rating is based upon that. We stayed at site 44 and experienced sunset views every night. What we also enjoyed was the 1 mile walk around the bay with a nice paved trail. Front desk staff were friendly and helpful as well as the security guards, left bikes out and never worried about it. We work full-time from our RV and are dependent on internet connection so we were a little disappointed with Verizon, but AT&T was acceptable. There are plenty of biking paths and parks and it's so close to downtown San Diego and Coranado, we will be back at one of the bay side sites. We camped at Mission Bay RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Mission Beach was close and enjoyable. Broken Yoke restaurant GREAT place for breakfast that is close by, get the GoldenState eggs benedict, so good, and make sure you sit on top of the roof

Date of Stay: March, 2017 - $70.00

For RVers needing to stay in the San Diego area, this is the best there is. Large, convenient, clean, secure, well managed, pet friendly. Power well placed, easy hookup. At rear of space. Sewer well placed, easy hookup. Drivers side of space, about mid point. But still, the best part of this place remains the ladies in the office. They get the job done while being friendly and helpful. We camped at Mission Bay RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Shopping, entertainment, fishing, you are minutes away from it all.

Date of Stay: February, 2017 - $40.00

Parking lot with hookups. Location is good, will be better once construction activity and area upgrades are finished (years?). Old manufactured housing development being razed and area repurposed. WIFI was horrible, not functional at all. Security was excellent, with that service comes very bright streetlights throughout the park. Employees were welcoming. Site was right next to exit, listened to automatic gate which was 5 feet from my bed. Designed Drainage on incoming roads creates large bumps the are not easy on stored materials. We camped at Mission Bay RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: November, 2016 - $30.00

As previous posts stated, this is a huge asphalt parking lot with hookups for RVs. Sites and roads are good. The selling point of this park is its location. It is right on Anza Bay with its own little beach on one side, and a nice paved walkway on the other side. All tourists attractions are on a few miles away. There is a little Snack Shack on premises. Bathrooms were fine. Cable TV was good but Wi-fi slow and dropping often. Workers were very friendly. There is also a mobile home park as part of the property, but the city has purchased the land and most of them are empty now. We camped at Mission Bay RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: November, 2016 - $65.00

This was my first stay here at the park. Overall it's a clean park with extremely friendly staff and security. Some things I noticed is that the restrooms and showers need to be updated. Appears to be the original from 40 years ago. The restrooms and showers were clean just very outdated. The spots were good size and handles our big rig (38f diesel with slides and a tow vehicle). There are not many amenities here and the main check in building is away from the campground. They have wood and ice but no store to speak of. You can call outside sources to rent paddle boards or bikes, but nothing is on site . They have a small trailer that serves breakfast and lunch. Bike and walking trails are just outside the park and takes you around the bay. We had an issue with the tv cable and staff came out and told me the cable was good even though. It's my tv's were just snow. I ended up taking my small tv out of the RV and hooking the cable directly to the tv and it still didn't work so I'm sure they checked it as requested. If you're coming to the area to see the sites and don't plan on staying at your campspot long this is a good campground. We will probably try another RV resort next year. We camped at Mission Bay RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Not big enough for my motorhome

You are close to Sea World, USS MIDWAY , old Town etc. Everything is close by.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $52.00

Before I say what I didn't like, let me say I didn't care at all that the park was just one big asphalt parking lot with stripes and utility connections. I also didn't care that the wifi was spotty at best. What I needed was a place to park my RV while I slept and while I played tourist. What I really didn't like is that they have a restriction on the age of RV's. Mine was new enough for now, but I don't intend to spend a load just to stay off Mission Bay's naughty list. To justify this snob attitude, the park should be the best ever. The wifi should be excellent over the entire park and there should be beautiful landscaping. As it is, they plunk down some asphalt and have the nerve to tell some folks their RV isn't pretty enough to stay at Mission Bay. On a side note, the city finally forced out the residents of the mobile home park so they can put in a resort. It will surround the RV park. I suspect the RV park won't be pretty enough for San Diego once the resort goes in. Just deserts. We camped at Mission Bay RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

I've toured several navy ship museums. The aircraft carrier US Midway was the best ever. I planned two hours and was there for five.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $60.00

We camp for vacations in a 25 foot Class C motorhome with bikes, no toad, no pets, no kids.

We enjoyed this RV Park and will definitely come back when we want to stay in San Diego. This is the 3rd one we've tried in the San Diego (Chula Vista RV Resort and Oak Creek RV Resort in El Cajon) and this is the one we'll come back to.

After $5.00 online reservation discount and $6.00 Good Sam discount, we paid $54.67, including tax, for the cheapest spot this Resort offers.

Pros:

For San Diego the price is good

Location right on Mission Bay is great

Location is also very close to SeaWorld

Small beach right at RV Resort

Can rent kayaks/paddleboards and have delivered to beach

Can bicycle around area

"Snack Shack" food truck with shaded tables

Ice available for $3 at office

Security gate closed at night

Security personnel

Picnic table

Cons:

Sites very close together, almost a parking lot

Few trees, almost no shade

Little grass. We camped at Mission Bay RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Mission Bay Water Fun 858-692-6464 will deliver kayaks and/or paddleboards right to the small beach at the RV Resort.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $74.00

We've been coming here for 5 years now and I've noticed that each time the rate keeps going up, up, up. At almost $75 a day, I just don't think it's worth it anymore. Mission Bay itself is starting to look a little shaggy with all the outside streets filled with old run-down RVs parked everywhere too. I was shocked when we arrived and the campground was more than 85% empty, I guess I'm not the only one tired of the high prices. Location is not the only reason to use a campground. We camped at Mission Bay RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $67.00

The park is a giant asphalt parking lot with trees and shrubs. It is conveniently located to the various San Diego attractions and beaches. The sites are close, but ample room to set up your chairs, patio mat, etc. They recently updated their cable TV system, so if you have an older model TV you'll need to leave a deposit for a converter box. I still wasn't able to get a picture. We camped at Mission Bay RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Good Mexican Restaurant, Fat Fish Cantina & Grill.....Breakfast, Olive Cafe both in Pacific Beach. Parking for Olive Cafe use public lot to east of cafe, rarely see any street parking.

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $80.00

Location they have and all utilities worked. That being said a preferred site? Resort? Sites hard for big rigs with haphazard parking, lots of trash scattered. Nights were quiet though. Security always driving around
Not sure if I'd stay here again. We camped at Mission Bay RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Tight Turns, Obstacles

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $68.00

We chose this park solely due to location, and were expecting to dislike it due to it being a "crowded parking lot" style park. We were actually pleasantly surprised once we checked in, even though we picked a "standard" size site, the cheapest available. The sites were much wider than we expected.. you're still close to your neighbor but there is enough breathing room to set up your chairs, tables, patio mat, etc. and have a nice outdoor area. Other city-style RV parks we've been to had much less space. The many mature trees soften the asphalt feel of the place, and most rows (ours included) are separated by a strip of grass behind the RVs. The sites are a little shorter than we'd like. With our 37' motorhome parked as far back as possible, our tow car parked sideways in front took up a bit of space in the road. Now picture an entire row like that, with tow cars lining both sides of the road, and it gets difficult for new arrivals to back into a site. We were steps away from the peninsula beach where we walked and swam our dog morning and evening. Utilities worked great, including the WiFi which worked well most of them time, only slowing down in the early evening. We had 3 bars of LTE on Verizon and 2 bars on AT&T. Both worked fine without the need for a booster. There was LOTS of activity at the park... kids on bikes, scooters, etc. all over the place, all the time, so drive carefully! We're thinking of returning for a month in the winter when the rates are much lower. We camped at Mission Bay RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2016 - $70.00

The following are the opinions of myself. Arrived at 6pm and the office was closed. Proceeded to the guard shack to read the quite extensive park rules. The one that scared me was the $50-$300 charge for accidental sewage spills. I chose to not connect, and dump at my storage facility.

The roads were fairly narrow, but paved with asphalt. Our site was very cramped for being a "Preferred" site. The site was very short, too short for parking my TV, so I parked across the front of the site. We had an end site, which had large trees at each corner in front of the site. That made it extremely difficult to back in. Luckily, the site behind us was vacant so I drove thru. The site was old asphalt and not level. When our awning was extended, it was approx 5' from the slide out of the neighbor. Restrooms were clean but rather old in appearance. We didn't try WiFi or cable. We were able to get a good view of the sky for our portable satellite dish.

The location was perfect for SeaWorld and downtown activities. This CG is on Mission Bay. We camped at Mission Bay RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

SeaWorld, Jetboat rides in downtown. Legoland, the Zoo and Wild Animal Park are near.

Date of Stay: April, 2016 - $30.00

A family oriented park, with sites on Mission Bay. All sites are back-in. Most are pretty tight to fit an RV and a vehicle side by side, but there is some room in the front. Very little in the way of amenities. WiFi varies from poor to acceptable. Cable works fine if connected to an HD compatible flat-screen TV. If not, you need a converter box from the office, and some channels don't work well that way. The beach at Mission Bay is accessed from either end of the park, and plenty for the family there. We camped at Mission Bay RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Are you affiliated with Mission Bay RV Resort?