Los Banos West / I-5 KOA

• Recreation Room Recreation Room no
  • Hiking Hiking no

ButterflyDogs

Date of Stay: January, 2016 - $36.00

This park is small with hard packed gravel sites. They allowed multiple dogs which is appreciated for those of us who travel to shows across the country. We were allowed a small x-pen. This park is located at a dead end and is off of Hwy 152 (of of I-5) heading to Gilroy. This is an older park, but cleaned and good for a layover spot to/from the north or south. Staff was very friendly. The fuel stations nearby are a bit cramped to get in or out if you need gasoline. Diesel stalls are much more handier. We camped at Los Banos West / I-5 KOA in a Motorhome.

Nothing too close by for amenities. Small gift store onsite.

frmOregon

Date of Stay: October, 2015 - $35.00

The site I had this time was not as nice as the one I had once before. The problem was that the neighbor's hookups were right outside my door. Just a bit too close, and it didn't allow the table for my site to be truly usable. However, the hookups worked well including the cable, and there are two very nice dog parks here. But a few exit signs would be appreciated as I ended up having to turn around twice while trying to leave. Would stay here again, but will ask for a different site. We camped at Los Banos West / I-5 KOA in a Motorhome.

The least expensive gas can be found in Santa Nella at the Arco station which is located on the east side of I-5.

USA-RVNomads

Date of Stay: October, 2015 - $35.00

Located just beyond the San Luis Reservoir heading east on Hwy 152, this park is convenient and peaceful, although there is some highway noise. Sites are barely long enough to hold our 38' motorhome with dolly, but sufficiently wide to not infringe on your neighbors. Many of the sites are shaded, most with picnic tables, all with full hookups, including cable TV. This was supposed to be a two night stop, but we extended our stay because it's a pleasant place at a reasonable price. We camped at Los Banos West / I-5 KOA in a Motorhome.

The nearby San Luis Reservoir and other state parks offer hiking, boating, and wildlife watching opportunities.

Loaded4th

Date of Stay: September, 2015 - $35.00

Short overnight stay. WiFi uses unsecured link to a server, then a password to the internet. Seemed to have nice amenities, but did not use them. There is some shade and the sites are concrete. We camped at Los Banos West / I-5 KOA in a Motorhome.

sballey

Date of Stay: August, 2015 - $36.00

Used long term. 575 month. Nice spaces, clean laundry, great staff. We camped at Los Banos West / I-5 KOA in a Motorhome.

Alfa  40

Date of Stay: July, 2015 - $35.00

Good park for an over night stop. All gravel and level sites. Some shade and wifi is strong. Would stay over night again if in the area. Easy in/out with 40 ft. motor home w/toad. We camped at Los Banos West / I-5 KOA in a Motorhome.

SotoL-L

Date of Stay: June, 2015 - $35.00

Only good for an overnight stay. Very old looking park with gravel roads and sites. Weeds in between the sites. Full hookups with cable with about 20 channels. Gas stations nearby and restaurants about 5 miles away. We camped at Los Banos West / I-5 KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

frmOregon

Date of Stay: May, 2015 - $35.00

The price quoted is after the KOA discount. The site was a full hookup, pull-through with cable. Most sites have a tree and a picnic table, and there are two fenced dog runs - one for large and one for small dogs. In addition to the cable channels, there are a number of OTA channels, too. Will probably stay here again when in the area. We camped at Los Banos West / I-5 KOA in a Motorhome.

LarryB

Date of Stay: March, 2015 - $33.00

Stayed one night, had long pull-thru site. Check in was quick and friendly. All services worked well and the property was very clean and well maintained. Would stay here again when in the area and recommend it. We camped at Los Banos West / I-5 KOA in a Motorhome.

steben6

Date of Stay: February, 2015 - $34.00

This is an excellent RV park with a friendly and helpful staff. The long term residents are on one side of the park and their sites are all well-kept. There are MANY short term/overnight sites, some shaded and others in the open. We had no problem with trees blocking our SAT TV antenna. Our site was perfectly level and the sites and roads are kept graded and smooth. If you are thinking about staying in Santa Nella, don't! This is, by far, the best choice in the area and it is away from the noise, traffic and congestion around Santa Nella. We stop here often and we'll be back. We camped at Los Banos West / I-5 KOA in a Motorhome.

jackandh2o

Date of Stay: September, 2014 - $38.00

This is obviously an older park. Power was good and the Wi-Fi worked great. Permanent residents seem to be mostly on the southeast part of the park and we were on the northwest near the pool . A lot of updating has gone on here but it is not perfect. Staff was great and we would certainly stay here again. We camped at Los Banos West / I-5 KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Josiegodog

Date of Stay: August, 2014 - $39.00

Check in was fine. The pool motor was broken so there was no pool. There are a lot of long term people here. There were only 4 short term RV's. The sites were gravel and a little grass between the pull through sites. This is a one night stay RV park. I don't know why this is a KOA. I don't think I would stay here again. We camped at Los Banos West / I-5 KOA in a Motorhome.

Liv4sun

Date of Stay: April, 2014 - $36.00

Great campground! Very friendly and helpful staff. Pull thru sites. Great Wi-Fi. Fenced in dog park. Very nice outside common patio area with tables chairs and gas grills for your use. Swimming pool, game room and playground for kids. Would definitely come back! We camped at Los Banos West / I-5 KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Dank

Date of Stay: September, 2013 - $32.00

Good for an overnighter between southern California and northern California. Wi-Fi worked great, easy check in. Just not a pretty, nice park. Functional, basic, could use some plants. Easy freeway access. Would stay again, but would be better with some TLC. We camped at Los Banos West / I-5 KOA in a Motorhome.

K Bully

Date of Stay: April, 2013 - $33.00

Good location along the I-5 midway between southern and northern Calif. Power was steady. The site was gravel, but level. The check-in and out process was easy. The hosts were pleasant. The cable hookup was odd as the connection is just the male end of a cable - however every well-prepared RVer should have an adapter on hand already! Overall, quite reasonable for an overnight while traveling through. This place seems to specialize more in long-term space rental and sun-baked storage for RVs and boats. Still, perfectly fine for one night. We would use this park again. We camped at Los Banos West / I-5 KOA in a Motorhome.

Are you affiliated with Los Banos West / I-5 KOA ?