Oasis Palms RV Park

90123 81st Ave
Thermal, California 92274

Elevation: -154' (approx.)
  • Outdoor Courts Outdoor Courts yes

Ask fellow campers about "Oasis Palms RV Park" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: January, 2019 - $20.00

We found this to be a great park. Friendly campers (many seasonal) and friendly staff. Very well maintained park. Many fruit trees scattered around park. Close to highway, but we found noise acceptable. There is a noise barrier wall between the park and highway. The sites are quite close. We did however find the sites level. We will come back. We camped at Oasis Palms RV Park in a Motorhome.

R8

Date of Stay: December, 2018 - $20.00

The people who run the park couldn't be nicer. It's not as big as the website photos lead you to believe. But it's still nice. The road noise is not nice. it's loud and constant. I was surprised to have missed the Off Leash dog aspect of this park, even though it states it on the website. I never would have gone if I had know they allow dogs off leash, which is against the law in the state of CA...???? There is a giant fenced dog run. There are no picnic tables. There are lots of great fruit trees and they encourage you to help yourself. Utilities are easy to use. There is no cable but plenty of OTA. There are not a lot of sticker at this time of year but we did find some. I would check the dog's feet regularly. My site was one of the best but I faced away from the mountains from my front door. the mountain view was what I would have preferred. We camped at Oasis Palms RV Park in a Motorhome.

R9
Concrete, Grass

Salton Sea is fun to see but only when it's cold. The other months when it's hot it smells very bad.

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $20.00

Everything was very clean and mowed nicely. The employees were very nice and helpful. It was quite warm, so we kept our windows open at night. The truck traffic on the highway was enough to wake us up earlier than what we would have liked. The real "fly in the ointment", so to speak, was all the flies. The owner told me that the flies are normally sprayed. This year the spraying was done incorrectly. The problem was that we couldn't sit, we couldn't walk, outside. The flies were all over our arms, our legs, our heads and our faces. They were in our ears and in our mouths and in our nostrils. They were gnats, house flies, and horse flies. In defense of the owner and the park, I talked with other guests who told me that they had come earlier, in January. They said that there were no problems with flies earlier. We camped at Oasis Palms RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Concrete, Grass

This is a good place to explore the Salton Sea from.

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $40.00

Nice park with friendly staff. Some traffic noise from highway 86, but it's not too bad. Well-located between Joshua Tree National Park and Anza-Borrego State Park. Clean sites were easy to pull-through. The pool was nice and refreshing during the 90 degree weather, and open 24 hours a day. There is a small pond where you can fish with no license. There is a game room with pool, ping-pong, a book exchange, and a community room. Supposedly during the high season, there are camp-wide get-togethers, such as soup nights, fires, etc. If we had been Passport America members, the price would have been discounted 50% (the only discount they do). The park recommended not drinking the local water, as it was over the levels of acceptable arsenic and chloride. We just bought bottled water to drink, and used the park water for showering. Very happy with our stay there. We camped at Oasis Palms RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

P12

Joshua Tree National Park, Anza-Borrego State Park.

Featured Campgrounds Near Oasis Palms RV Park

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $20.00

Great check-in experience. Easy to park my 36ft fifth wheel and truck. 50 amp power for twin ACs (It was warm here) Restaurants in nearby Mecca. It's away from the I-10 freeway but on a well used highway. We would return whenever in the area. We camped at Oasis Palms RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Spacious, Nearby

Date of Stay: March, 2017 - $23.00

We stayed here one week and the price reflects the rate with the Passport America discount. This was one of the friendliest check-ins we've ever had. There was an escort to the site who told us about the hook ups and invited us to pick fruit from the many fruit trees on the property. The hook ups were located closer to the back of each site. It was suggested that we might want to buy bottled water to drink since the water system has levels of fluoride and arsenic above the drinking water standard. Interior roads are asphalt and the park is big rig friendly. The concrete slab is long enough to park the RV and all sites appeared to be relatively level. Cars are parked on grass, either behind or in front of the RV. The laundry room, restrooms and showers were clean each time I (female) used them. The laundry room was smallish, with three washers and two dryers. The door labeled "restrooms" is where you enter for restrooms, showers and laundry, plus you can access the pool as well. The pool was clean, but cool. The hot tub was warmer. The grounds were well maintained. There is a pond with a fountain in the center of the park. There is a tennis court. Although I didn't see a fenced pet area, there are plenty of areas to walk pets. Some sites are a bit closer than others. There was no picnic table nor fire pit at the sites. There appeared to be some permanents, but all sites were neat. We would definitely stay again if passing through the area. We camped at Oasis Palms RV Park in a Motorhome.

P-4

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $20.00

We just stopped here for one night and were pleasantly surprised. Nice long pull thru spots with grass, lemon and palm trees. All the facilities are well kept, pool, hot tub, free fishing pond and very nice rec room.

The park is under new management, and lots of improvements are under way.

We would definitely stay here longer if we had known about this park. We camped at Oasis Palms RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: November, 2015 - $20.00

So many lovely weeks spent at this gem of a park in the past; alas, it's been sold and there is pretty much zero much needed grounds maintenance. Previous managers still manage and we were overjoyed to see one another. Lots of flies, ants, tall grass. Few campers. Pool heater broken, so no hot tub either. Site pads are dirty. The many days spent at the pool with lots of happy Canadians are no more. One couple pulls together the bonfire at night, and cooks gourmet meals, but they're moving on. Unless major clean-up is done at this once favorite little jewel, we will not be back. We camped at Oasis Palms RV Park in a Motorhome.

P6
Concrete, Sand

Date of Stay: October, 2015 - $30.00

Just one night here, but it's on our list for a repeat for sure! Very nice people to deal with at the front office. Appreciated the lovely shower/washroom facilities. A quiet night despite the highway beside us. We didn't use the pool but it looked inviting. Also, there's a laundry available near the washrooms. We camped at Oasis Palms RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Concrete, Grass

Many old fruit trees around the park property. If you time it right, there's some for the picking!

We learned a tip about keeping ants out of the trailer - Comet, sprinkled around the tires!

Date of Stay: March, 2015 - $17.00

Nice park, pond with a fountain in the middle. Pull thru sites or back in. Some sites are water/electric only. Mine had sewer. Orange trees all over the park and we were told to pick as many as we wanted - great juice. The wifi actually worked!! And I wasn't that close to the office. Nice size pool and hot tub. Karaoke once a week with a pot luck before - fun stuff. Pool table, book and DVD swap. Huge TV in clubhouse with cable. Managers were helpful and friendly. Laundry machines nice and reasonable. Stayed a week, above is the weekly rate. We camped at Oasis Palms RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

P7
Concrete, Grass

Anza-Borrego state park nearby.

Date of Stay: February, 2015 - $21.00

Easy to check in, friendly manager, gave site options to pick from. Roads were OK sized but did not look as wide as they were, big rigs OK. RV parks on level pad, truck on grass. This park is close to highway so you may want a site away from that. We found 29 OK for noise at night. Super friendly park, new owners updating and improving sites also adding sites. Should look great next year as they have done so much in only a few months. Looks like they really want a first class park, keep up the good work! We camped at Oasis Palms RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Concrete, Grass

Power went out in the entire area, surprised how many people panic. Many people had lots of lights on, they would have been in trouble if the power was off for an extended period of time. I would suggest you conserve power as you are now on battery power. Be sure your fridge is running on propane to keep things frozen and fresh. You just never know why or how long the power will be off!

Date of Stay: November, 2014 - $20.00

We love this place. Have stayed here three times and will stay here again. The folks who manage and work here are great. The restrooms/showers are spacious and clean. Cookies and coffee every morning in the office. There are enough long-term snowbirds to provide a sense of community and still plenty of room for short-termers like us. We camped at Oasis Palms RV Park in a Truck Camper.

Date of Stay: February, 2014 - $20.00

This park was once a high class RV resort. Now it is a very nice RV park. The quality amenities are still there and clean, but showing their age. Staff is friendly, helpful, and busy. We picked our citrus breakfast each morning and had plenty of surrounding area to walk the dog. Nice little Mexican general store 1/4 mile away. Would stay again. Price cited is the Passport America rate, with full hookups. We camped at Oasis Palms RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: February, 2014 - $15.00

This place was so nice I stayed here twice: both going to and coming from Pasadena. Rate quoted here is Passport America half-price rate for a partial hook-up. Very nice managers and staff. Coffee and fresh-baked cookies in the office in the morning. Nice level sites, clean bathrooms and showers. I hope they don't sell: I want to stay here again! We camped at Oasis Palms RV Park in a Truck Camper.

Date of Stay: February, 2014 - $20.00

Today will be my fourth in what I had intended to be a two night stay. This park is pleasant in so many ways. It is nestled in a grove of citrus trees (you can pick all the fruit you can use: oranges, lemons, grapefruit) around a large pond with a fountain. I am sitting with the door open and hearing the fountain as I write this. The RV spots are concrete and level, surrounded by grass and all utilities are easy to access. The WiFi is very good except in the evenings, when I expect many people are using it. Then it is usually only "fair." The park has a swimming pool and hot tub (clean) and recreation room with a lending library of movies and books and you can also watch movies on a large screen TV in there. (They had a group movie night last night.) The management is very friendly and helpful. They even followed up after I was here one night, to see if my spot was satisfactory and I was getting WiFi OK. The laundry room is clean but I wish they had more washers and dryers. The park is surrounded by desert and date palms. It is s short drive to Mecca for groceries and a post office. Also: must check out the Oasis Date Store in Thermal, which is very close. Free date testing and you can get your favorites in bulk at around $4.50 a pound. They have a date bread that is out of this world. There is also a cafe and you can get your food and take it out to the tables in the grassy area outside that is surrounded by date trees. The RV park has a brochure on the store and if you take it in, you get a free date milk shake with a five dollar purchase. My only park complaint is that highway 86 is right next doo, and there is the highway noise during the day. I usually pay no attention to it and since I am gone most of the day doing things around here (including Salton Sea and Anza-Borrega State Park which are both within a short driving distance), by the time I get back most of the traffic has quieted down. Even with that, if I did not have places to be very soon when I leave here, I would consider a month: it is so lovely. We camped at Oasis Palms RV Park in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Oasis Palms RV Park

Campground Map

Are you affiliated with Oasis Palms RV Park ?