29 Palms Golf Resort

Saturday: 8:00am - 7:00pm
Sunday: 8:00am - 7:00pm

Hours above shown for Pacific Time Zone

• Golf Golf yes

Ask fellow campers about "29 Palms Golf Resort" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: October, 2018 - $42.00

This was my last spot on my way from Washington to Arizona, and I wish I had kept going. Check-in was painfully slow, and this place looks like an aging mobile home park. The pull-thru spots are at the back in what looks like an old, run-down parking lot. There are no shade trees at any of the pull-thru sites, which are gravel with a blacktop patio and very small picnic table. The hook-ups are inconveniently located at the very back of the site, which was not long enough to keep my towed vehicle hooked up. You are told up front that there is only WiFi at the office and game room. The view from my site was of the old modular "cabins" so I closed all my shades. There is no pet area or garbage can nearby. My neighbor told me to keep my dog out of the weeds as she had to pull numerous stickers from her dog's paws. Upon check-in you receive a warning to make sure the circuit breaker is off when inserting and removing your electrical plug as arcing can occur damaging both your RV and their outlet. I also did not receive a receipt as to how much I paid when I checked in. I will not return. We camped at 29 Palms Golf Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $47.00

Very tight sites with vehicles parallel parked across from site. Had to park our truck on the patio, no other place to park. Staff was rude at check in: sent us out to get trailer plate number, then when we gave to him he said he did not need it.

Overall the place is old and run down: way over priced. Will never return here. We camped at 29 Palms Golf Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Concrete, Asphalt, Gravel
Not big enough for my travel trailer

Date of Stay: November, 2017 - $47.00

Definitely NOT a "resort". This is a below average park that is a parking lot with a few sad trees. Gravel rig parking, asphalt area with picnic table. Old, barely maintained and just sad. Plenty of room to have tow rig and second car but they wouldn't allow it - $25 for extra car and overflow parking was far from our site. Next to a water treatment facility (which you can't see but can sometimes smell). Golf course next door but 29 Palms is a seemingly dying town so again, just a sad place to be. Joshua Tree and Yucca are much better so go there instead! We camped at 29 Palms Golf Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Asphalt, Gravel

As mentioned above, Yucca and Joshua Tree are better but we'd stay in Palm Springs, Palm Desert or Desert Hot Springs if we are in the area again.

Date of Stay: February, 2017 - $36.00

We mainly stopped here so we could visit Joshua Tree National Park. I sure wouldn't go for any other reason. It's basically a narrow strip of land beside the golf course with 2 rows of sites plus quite a few cottages. When we were there all but one cottage was empty and many of the sites were open. Our second day there the sewer was backing up at our spot and our tanks were closed. The excuse was "the big rigs come in and overwhelm the system". After a few more days of smell an outside contractor was called in to clear the blockage. They make a big deal on their web page about how they can't keep up with the wifi demands because some people use netflix and skype. When you get there they say they don't have any internet access except at the office. Come on people, wifi in an RV park is a must. We enjoyed our trips into Joshua Tree Park but we won't be back to this RV resort. We camped at 29 Palms Golf Resort in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near 29 Palms Golf Resort

Date of Stay: January, 2017 - $29.00

We stayed a month at the park. It has some very nice facilities and the activities at the park are endless and fun. The park advertises Wifi but unless you are right at the office you have none. If the wind is right the smell of the septic system is quite bad. The electric charges for a month are higher than we have ever paid anywhere in 4 years of being on the road. We will not go back to this park due to the wifi and septic smell and over charging for electric service. We camped at 29 Palms Golf Resort in a Motorhome.

74 pull thru

Date of Stay: April, 2016 - $36.00

In the past 2 weeks I have traveled from the East coast to California. This was one of the most expensive campsites on the trip, with the very worst Wi-Fi. I called ahead for a reservation, and was told I was being given a "premium" site. There was no TV cable, the breaker box outside cut off after dark, and I got absolutely no Wi-Fi service. I will never return to this campground. We camped at 29 Palms Golf Resort in a Motorhome.

Capt Jim 2, employee at 29 Palms Golf Resort responded to this review

The WiFi has recently been upgraded with new routers which are password protected so access is limited to guests only. The electric should not have gone off after hours and our after hours person would have been able to correct it had they been notified. For the amenities we provide - covered pool, hot tub, fitness center and clubhouse with activities in the winter we feel are rates are fair. We do not provide cable TV since there are about 18 channels available Over the Air with your antenna. I hope you will reconsider visiting us again.

Date of Stay: January, 2016 - $45.00

Kind of a weird place. We arrived at 5:05pm and found the office closed at 5:00pm (during high season?!?). While we were perusing the after hours check in information the staff left the office, locked the door, and walked passed us without a word or any acknowledgement.

Pro: Appears to be a well-maintained facility. Showers and restrooms were clean. Laundry, pool, and activities. Seems to cater to long-term snow bird residents.

Cons: Extreme distance from camp site concrete pad to pedestal hook ups and dump. (Used every inch of my electrical cable. To use the dump I had to maneuver off the pad to reach.) No cable TV. No over-the-air TV. Multiple WiFi access points but we were unable to connect to any of them using provided log-on info.

Very unlikely that we will return. We camped at 29 Palms Golf Resort in a Motorhome.

Capt Jim 2, employee at 29 Palms Golf Resort responded to this review

The sites are designed for you to park your RV on the gravel area next to the utilities and the concrete pad is for a picnic table and your vehicle.

We have extended our office hours from 8:00 am to 7:00 pm, I apologize for our employees not greeting you and taking care so close to closing time. The employee's that were there during your visit in January are no longer with us. Over the Air TV is available for most people and get about 18 channels.

In January we were in the beginning process of installing password protected WiFi routers and there were some access issues, hopefully that has all now been resolved.

We hope you will come back and visit us again, we promise to do better.

Date of Stay: February, 2013 - $36.00

We had called ahead to book a space at this supposed RV and Golf 'Resort'. When we arrived we were greeted by three very friendly staff members and what appeared to be a very nice park from first entering the premises. That all came to an end as soon as we got to our space. We were parked facing right at a row of stucco cabins that were mostly filled with working folks living there and coming and going at all hours of the night. The space felt like we were sitting in the middle of a WalMart parking lot. Noisy and not very clean but with a few improvements this park could be a lot nicer. However it doesn't appear this will be happening anytime soon. When traveling in an RV we find we win some and we lose a few and this is one of the losers for us.......... We camped at 29 Palms Golf Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2010 - $34.00

The back-in spaces are quite close together. There were dog droppings and the neighbor's kids parked their bikes in and used my space as a shortcut to the pool. Their mother walked back and forth through my space to the laundry, and their dog barked at me every time I went outside. I requested a change of location and was reassigned to an open area of pull-throughs with neither shade nor shelter from the wind. No BBQ, no picnic table, no view, no nothing. I'll pass on this one. We camped at 29 Palms Golf Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: February, 2010 - $36.00

We stayed here overnight on our way from Arizona to central California: glad we had only planned one night! The rate they charge for this place is way too high for what you get. We felt like we were parked in a sand and asphalt (uneven at that) parking lot. They have some permanent residents and small rooms/apartments with residents coming and going at all time of the day and night: very noisy. Park also backs up to a busy road which added to the noise. It appears that they are trying to upgrade, but they have a long way to go. This place looks nothing like the website, however it might just be because it is winter and there was very little greenery. Don’t know why the review site says no pets because they do take them and in fact have a dog walk area. We would stay here again only if we had to. Next time we will just go another way towards home and avoid this area all together. We camped at 29 Palms Golf Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Featured Campgrounds Near 29 Palms Golf Resort

Campground Map

Are you affiliated with 29 Palms Golf Resort ?