Lake Casitas Recreation Area

11311 Santa Ana Rd
Ventura, California 93001

• Restrooms Restrooms ?
  • Boating Boating yes

Ask fellow campers about "Lake Casitas Recreation Area" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $48.00

We come for the water park. Reservation staff friendly on the phone. Call them because the website doesn't work well. We arrived early and they let us check in, which was very nice. Then our electric box didn't work and when we reported it, the young man at the front lectured me about checking in early, repeating the same diatribe several times. Eventually he said he would call maintenance, but it might be a long time before they come, because check in isn't until 2:00 PM. So maintenance guy showed up promptly and solved the problem quickly. Great because it was 100+ degrees. Anyway, the sites are spacious and pretty and the tubing experience is great. The lake is at 30% - due to southern CA global warming and an exceptionally dry winter. We camped at Lake Casitas Recreation Area in a Motorhome.

B-14

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $45.00

Sadly, this place has gone downhill. We have stayed here before, about once a year. Probably even an old review here. But after last year and this time, no more. There are better places in SoCal. Stayed in Bass this time. Water and Electric, but over-run by partiers, even mid-week. The young couple in the tent next to us were quite proud of their wide-ranging tastes in music, and were quite willing to share. Our children (14 and 8) have "outgrown" most of the water park, and were bored within 1 hour. The restrooms were atrocious, some campers thought it was appropriate to throw used toilet tissue in the corner of the stall instead of flushing it. Despite last winter's heavy rains, the lake is still low. All in all, a very disappointing experience. Lake Casitas, we wanted to give you one last chance, but you failed us. We camped at Lake Casitas Recreation Area in a Motorhome.

Bass

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $40.00

Lake Casitas is located in the hills between Ventura and Ojai, CA. This is a large park with a variety of camping areas, picnic areas and a water park. They have several campgrounds designated with letters A through O. Some are primitive camping and others have full hookups. Somehow when I was booking I was not able to discern the details of each camping area. Knowing what I know now I would have chosen Campground F which has nice concrete pads and several sites with full hookups. We booked in Campground E which has water and electric only with uneven, dusty site pads. An added bonus was that the Eucalyptus trees were dropping sap which made a nice mess of my newly cleaned RV roof. The campgrounds have adequate toilets, trash and recycling facilities. There are pay showers available in two areas. The water park is not included in the price for camping. There is no WiFi but we got a strong Verizon signal. We paid $40.80 per night. We camped at Lake Casitas Recreation Area in a Motorhome.

E-21

Date of Stay: May, 2016 - $58.00

Way over-priced, as most everything in southwestern CA!! A nice enough spot, pretty and peaceful. We liked our stay, and it was very close to Ojai for a day visit. However...our visit got off to a rough start, simply because we are transporting kayaks to some friends in San Fran. area. Unbeknownst to us, this lake quarantines ALL boats for 35 days before they're allowed to even ENTER the park!!!! Looking back, the only place in my on-line research where it noted this was on the receipt I printed out! My bad - I didn't read all the fine lines on that print-out, but even if I did, I'm not sure I would've understood that meant we would have to take our kayaks off our truck - after a tough 4-hr slog through heavy traffic on the 101, store them in the park's locked storage, and then spend another 1/2 hr putting them back on the truck on our way out!!! We were pretty mad about all that. But I understand them trying to avoid the invasive mussels, and sadly, I understand that they apparently can no longer believe what people tell them - so that it didn't matter if we said we had no intention of getting our kayaks anywhere near the water... So, this was an otherwise nice stay, but had I known about the kayaks, we would not have stayed there! We liked our site but, as expected with the shady trees at that site=no satellite signal, and their cable selection is pretty pitiful. And keep in mind all sites that have electricity are 30amp only. We camped at Lake Casitas Recreation Area in a Motorhome.

Fox 3

Featured Campgrounds Near Lake Casitas Recreation Area

Date of Stay: September, 2015 - $65.00

For the price you pay to camp, you would think it would include a day at the water park, but no that's extra. More dirt than expected, but that could be because CA is in a drought. There are ants like crazy. They got into our rig from the sewer hose. It took us 2 days to get rid of them. Bring Comet to chalk your tires. The fire pit was near a sloping hill, so that made it challenging to get everyone around it without falling over in their chairs. We camped at Lake Casitas Recreation Area in a Motorhome.

E-3

Date of Stay: February, 2015 - $35.00

We stayed 8 nights, sparsely populated except weekend, but still quiet. Some nice shade and grass. We camped at Lake Casitas Recreation Area in a Motorhome.

The lake is not for swimming, just boating and fishing - and bird watching. Nice walking trail too.

Date of Stay: June, 2014 - $58.00

If you have kids, they will love this place. It has a wonderful water park. We only have a dog, so the waterpark isn't a big attraction, but the park was very nice. The main problem for us is that you can't go into the lake. We knew that before camping here, but it's still disappointing. Our campsite was wonderful. It had a nice flat slab and very wide. We had full hookups. If you want to shower outside of your rig, you have to go to the front entrance and pay. We stayed in the "F" section and all the sites looked nice. They are all pretty wide and have lots of stretching out room. The one thing the park needs to improve is their trail system. We could not find the trail on the map for our entire stay. We backpack frequently and have never had trouble finding a path. We may visit again. We camped at Lake Casitas Recreation Area in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: March, 2014 - $58.00

There is only 30 amp service in the full hook up sites (where the larger RVs would usually be), which is not sufficient during hot weather for a 40+ RV. As a previous camper stated, it is not comforting to have fires when the fire danger is listed as "High". The campground should not permit this. We probably would stay somewhere else if we are in the area again. We camped at Lake Casitas Recreation Area in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: February, 2014 - $55.00

This was my first time at this park and I was pleasantly surprised. We stayed in the executive spots in the Fox Camping area. We were lucky that there was a cancellation just before we arrived as we didn't have reservations for President's Day weekend and they were sold out. The spot was a nice level, newer concrete pad with a big fire ring. The road was wide even when people parked on the road we still had room to maneuver into our spot. I was worried at first because I couldn't find the cable TV hook-up. It was in the lower portion of the electrical box. Once I had the cable hooked up, I was surprised by how clear the cable was compared to some private campgrounds that I've been at. One other nice convenience was the general store right across the main road. As usual there were a few items I forgot to pack in my haste to get going. I choose to rate this park a 9 and not a 10 because it would have been nice to have some privacy hedges between the spots, and many campers just waked through our spot as though it was no big deal. Also, because the grounds were so dry and they still allowed campfires, it made me a bit uneasy with how dry everything was. We camped at Lake Casitas Recreation Area in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2013 - $75.00

We have visited this site twice now and a couple of things we noticed on the first trip were still present on the second. The entrance is extremely tight for a large RV and you have to pay attention to the low overhang in one of the lanes. Likewise exiting you must be very careful because the lane is barely 8 feet wide with objects on both sides. For some reason they won't open a large gate at the entrance which would make it much easier. They provide no maps to your site and little information on getting there. We stayed in Campground A which is RV sites placed around a very large parking lot. No cable TV and no Wi-Fi. The market is located on the other side of the lake and quite a walk away. The good is that it is very well maintained and clean. Be aware you will need your water pressure regulator as pressure is high. We camped at Lake Casitas Recreation Area in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2009 - $55.00

We stayed here in mid July and mid August. We enjoyed ourselves so much in July that we immediately reserved the same site for August. The campgrounds were nice and clean. The people we met both times were extremely nice. Our kids loved the water park, we played there every day of our stay. Only negatives on our trip were the restrooms at the water park - reeked of urine and on the last day of our trip our RV was was invaded by ants. One last suggestion, on Wednesday mornings leave the site early because the sewage pumper does his/her rounds and it smells terrible. We camped at Lake Casitas Recreation Area in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: March, 2009 - $35.00

Camped at Lake Casitas at a non-hook-up site on in the G loop, site 20. We had a wonderful view of the lake. We were the only coach on the loop. Neighbors consisted of tents and trailers. Choose this loop for the wonderful lake views. A few large groups were in the loop "partying" but did not cause problems and quieted down after 10:00. My only issue with campground is the dirty restrooms and lack of showers. As far a I can tell, there are only two "bath houses" for a campground with over 400 sites. I would definitely be back. We camped at Lake Casitas Recreation Area in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: December, 2008 - $30.00

The lake is beautiful, but some of the sites leave a lot to be desired as far as levelness and information about the length of the sites can leave you without a site if your RV is larger than the site you've reserved. I would think twice about going again. We camped at Lake Casitas Recreation Area in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2007 - $30.00

This is our second time camping here. It is a great campground with lots of activities for the kids. Like previous reviews have said, there are different campgrounds for different types of camping. We enjoyed ourselves very much. I do need to give this word of warning to my fellow campers who come here. If you are going to go to the store across the street from campground F to buy anything, look for and find the expiration date! My wife was buying medicine for my 2 year old daughter and she found medicine that had an expiration date of August 2005! Not only that, but the price tag was deliberately put over the expiration date, so you NEED to look! But over than this, it is a real nice campground to stay in. We camped at Lake Casitas Recreation Area in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Lake Casitas Recreation Area

Are you affiliated with Lake Casitas Recreation Area ?