Ventura Beach RV Resort

Ventura, California

800 W Main St
Ventura, California 93001

• Beach Beach yes

Ask fellow campers about "Ventura Beach RV Resort" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $105.00

Undoubtedly the worst RV Park that we've ever stayed in! Awful! Overcrowded, cars and trucks parked all over the place on the roads, so those that were pulling in couldn't get past the vehicles, and they had to go around knocking on all the RVs, Trailers & 5th wheels to ask the owners to move their trucks so that they could try to back into their site. We watched this couple struggle to get their 5th wheel in for ages. Terrible! Children and dogs running everywhere with bikes and scooters just sitting on the roads and security didn't care. We had to pay $25.00 extra to 'reserve' a site and they located us in an area where getting out was almost impossible due to all of the vehicles parked on the road. We ended up damaging the back of our RV on a low hanging branch on the corner of the road as I was trying to avoid hitting parked cars and children. Their staff is non-caring and rude. It's located right next to the busy 101 freeway and a freeway exit/onramp, so no matter what site you're parked in you'll hear freeway noise 24 hours a day. They don't enforce any type of 'quiet time' so we had music, screaming and yelling well after midnight. They give you these stupid cheap paper wristbands to wear 24 hours a day, and I don't know why as no one ever checked them and 99% of the people weren't wearing them. Then when we went to leave, a guy was hitching up his tow vehicle right at the exit, and the rude security guy told me that I needed to back up and wait!?! Why would he let them block the exit to let someone hook up their tow vehicle? Greedy, overpriced, overcrowded, badly maintained and nasty personnel all around. Bathroom doors propped open so anyone could see the showers in use! All they care about is getting as many people in as possible. Probably several safety and fire code violations involved here. God help anyone trying to get out in an emergency! We will never ever go there again, and I recommend avoiding this place like the plague! We camped at Ventura Beach RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Concrete, Gravel, Grass

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches, Obstacles, Poor Conditions

The City of Ventura, which has cool little stores and lots of great restaurants, is close by but we'd stay in a Hotel or Motel rather than at Ventura RV Park. Homeless/transients tend to congregate at that end of town near the Burger King which isn't too far from the RV Park.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $79.00

Venture Beach RV Park, CA. Zero Stars Space - Site Ms11, power, water, NO sewer, 10 days, no wiggle room for awnings etc. This is one of the worst run RV Parks I have ever stayed at. I had to pull in here, but why is another story. I was put on the back road without any sewer hookup and they charged almost $80 per night. I don't mind the parking pass hanging from my car's mirror but when I have a service van stop by for a 2 minute pick-up I do object to the park demanding $6 for an entry pass. Then there is the childish wrist bands you have to wear 24 hours per day. When I asked where I should park my toad the security guard shook his head and said your space doesn't come with a toad space so it's anywhere you can squeeze it in. I also had to listen to loud music all weekend. When I asked the security about the music he said they only enforce "quiet time" hours. For the price I expected some sort of entertainment... the front desk said that there are no events happening at the park. Definite 1 star or thumbs DOWN for Venture Beach RV Park, CA. Expensive and an attitude. We camped at Ventura Beach RV Resort in a Motorhome.

MS11
Other
Not big enough for my motorhome

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $100.00

We stayed here knowing that many people love this RV park, and for the price we payed we expected it to be very nice. The number one downside to this park is the freeway noise. It is loud in any area of the park. When we first arrived, check in was easy and the guy at the counter was friendly. We were originally placed in a pull through spot. We didn't have anyone on either side of our spot so it was hard to tell how crowded the spots could potentially be, but it seemed spacious enough. We woke up on our first day to knocking on our door at 6AM letting us know that there was a "sewer emergency" under our spot and we would have to move our trailer to a temporary spot until they could place us in a new spot. Not a huge deal, but just inconvenient to be woken up at that time and relocated with two small toddlers, but things happen! After a couple of hours, we were relocated to one of the most premium spots in the park as a sorry for the inconvenience. We were in spot 139 which was one of the furthest from the freeway and a much larger spot than we were in previously. We really did like the spot and space, but the freeway noise was still quite loud. We also received a few free bundles of firewood as an apology. The beach is about a 10 minute walk away but there is no actual beach to walk down to. It is a beach of rocks so there is no area to actually walk down to the sand, but there is a nice walk along a path with an ocean view. The biggest downsides for us overall, were the freeway noise and the price paid. They give you wristbands when you arrive that you are expected to wear the whole time while there. They are like paper/festival type wristbands and I think if you are staying for multiple days, they should give you a new band each day so you aren't expected to keep the same one for 4 days at a time. We camped at Ventura Beach RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Concrete, Gravel

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $82.00

We stayed 4 nights in a site that was far enough from the freeway not to be annoying. We expected noise. The grounds were clean and kept up. Nice green grass at most sites and even some shade. Our wrist bands were never checked while we were in the park. Saw few people wearing them. Saw several dogs off leash and even one of them in the pool area but no one seemed to care. Asked at the office when the dog was by the pool and was told it was ok even though there is a sign on the gate saying no pets. The park is convenient to downtown. We're on the fence whether to ever stay again. The $5 per dog per day was too much when they don't enforce pet rules. We camped at Ventura Beach RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Ventura Beach RV Resort

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $73.00

NOW I UNDERSTAND! I wondered why only 2 stars for a facility that looked so nice online. Now I know. First, access to the park is awful, requiring the navigation of narrow, busy surface streets with sharp turns, particularily from the south and east. Office staff gave us directions as if we were driving a Ferrari instead of a 43' motorhome with a tow car. We're unfamiliar with the area, so we had no idea. Second, the rules and regulations are oppressive. Wrist bands are required (and checked) at all times, even when walking the dog within the park. Daily dog fee is $5, and if you have guests, a $5 wrist band is required for each person as well as a $5 car pass PER DAY! The park is well maintained, and attractive, but narrow streets and congested parking detract from the experience. Heaven help you if you need to drive your Class A motorhome out on a Saturday! Even a car has to weave around parked vehicles! Nice facility, but far too focused on generating income. Together with the difficulty accessing the park, we don't feel that the $80+ (with tax) daily fee is appropriate. We camped at Ventura Beach RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches, Obstacles

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $95.00

Horrible experience! We paid a lot of money for a 3 night stay. It was out of control! Problems: Hey 101 is to close to the park and very noisy, kids running around everywhere unsupervised, people parking in the driving lanes, no connectable Wifi, no cable TV. By far, this was the worst RV park we have ever stayed in. If we could have gotten our money back I would have left after the first day! Grade this park in the minus column. We camped at Ventura Beach RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Concrete, Gravel, Grass

Tight Turns, Obstacles

Date of Stay: November, 2017 - $95.00

Although this park has many good features including nice landscaping, good access to downtown Venture and many ammenities, campers need to be aware going in where they are being placed in the park. This park is located on one of the busiest highways in CA. Hwy 101. Campers need to avoid being located on the west side of the park in "back-in" sites immediately adjacent to the highway. The noise is terrible. You can't sit outside and carry on a normal conversation. Also these back-in sites are at 90 degrees to the access road and very tight and difficult to get into. We are experienced RV'ers and I had to drop our trailer and have the resort forlift back our 35ft 5th wheel in in order to get it into the site. Bottom line, don't let them put you in one of these sites. We camped at Ventura Beach RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

157A
Not big enough for my 5th wheel
Fire Ring

Visit downtown Ventura. Many small business, local shops. Beach nearby.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $110.00

$110 a night is way too much to pay for any park, right? PLUS $5 per night per dog. I dislike camping in CA. The park is GREAT, but come on....If you do not go for a premium site then you are up against the 101 freeway with noise and car exhaust fumes. The park is one of the nicest I have seen as far as the grounds, they are well maintained. Probably why it costs so much. There are grass sites and trees and room in between the sites. My husband has a cold or we probably would not have stayed here but for overnight. No cable but plenty of OTA stations. Wi-fi was fair to good most always. You can hear the train whistle but it was not too loud in our site. We camped at Ventura Beach RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Concrete, Grass

You can walk 15 minutes to town in one direction, or 15 minutes to the beach going the other way. very nice. There is a nice swimming pool and jacuzzi.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $105.00

This park is located right at the edge of town. It is very clean and well maintained. Our site was a bit tight but enough room for the coach and tow. The roads are paved with concrete pads. There is 24 hour security at the gate. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We camped at Ventura Beach RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $80.00

This is the best park with the worst management we have ever stayed in! They don't care about any one or anything but making money, Back in spots are tight and it is very crowded!Upon arrival on Friday, we were assigned space 111 a 30 foot back in sight that was a pull thru chopped in half. I have a 32 5th wheel toy hauler, it would not fit, we drove back to the office my wife explained that we reserved a 35 foot spot and were given a 30, I was confirmed we requested a 32 foot space, They then gave us a back in that was new. I backed into the space unhooked, plugged in and no power. So the neighbor came out and said, oh no there is no power in these sites, My wife went back to the office and was told some one would bring us power soon. 2 hours latter we walked back to the office and were met by nice man with 200 foot of 20 amp extension chord. I have a 50 amp trailer. We went back to the office 3 hours in now and were offered a 3 sites 2 no power and ! spot in over flow in the mud with power and water no sewer. At this point 4 hours in we were frustrated and walked to our space and dealt with it! management at this place is the worst!!! About 5 hours in they offered us a refund of a night, the whole stay should have been comped, we will not go back!! We camped at Ventura Beach RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

157d
Not big enough for my 5th wheel

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches, Obstacles

Pay the money and get a pull thru space it is well worth the extra money!!!

Date of Stay: January, 2017 - $52.00

Called ahead. Had a pull-through waiting. Trees trimmed, easy parking, had a great time. Highly recommend staying here. We camped at Ventura Beach RV Resort in a Motorhome.

20-B

Rode bikes, short distance to shops and restaurants. Beach Is about the same distance.

Date of Stay: December, 2016 - $110.00

It is a nice park very over priced and if you want to reserve a specific space it will cost you an extra $25.00. We stayed in a deluxe many of the sites you cannot put your awning out trees to close. If you had a guest come by it was $15.00 . You are right next to the 101 freeway so you do get some road noise, It is about the only game in town, and you have to wear a wrist band while you are staying their. We camped at Ventura Beach RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Obstacles

Lots of good restaurants and the town is quant, spent time with family, will look for another park next time. When you drive down the far lane to get around the park to your spot they had cars and trucks parked on the street and at night it is very poorly lit.

Date of Stay: December, 2016 - $95.00

This Park has very nice spaces and is kept very clean. They have added a lot of additional spaces at the premium level.

I always expect more from this park and I am somewhat disappointed when we stay here. The freeway noise is terrible even when you get a premium space at the back of the park. They have a high price for these lots and then you pay extra for every thing. Dog extra, person, extra, specific space extra. Lose your wrist band extra, extra extra. So you pay a premium and the have no cable and the wifi is very slow. In the summer they have some extras like a tribute type band on Sat. and a tractor train for the kids which is nice. But in winter you get nothing and the prices are the same.

So why do we go here. Only because we go to see my Grandkids in the area.

Anyway if you want a nice park with 24 hr security patrol for a high price located on a busy 102 freeway this is the place!! We camped at Ventura Beach RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Stay in the back if at all possible. Still noisy but a bit better. Or bring some ear plugs !!

Date of Stay: November, 2016 - $70.00

The park is clean and well keep. Restrooms are clean but not cleaned every day. Showers need repair; they have leaks with water dripping at least and no ventilation in the showers. Staff is friendly and helpful. Down side it is right next to the 101; fwy noise all the time day and night so bad you can't leave your door open and we didn't want to sit out side by the fire. Price goes up by $20 each row you get away from fwy. So the farthest from the fwy is about $140.00 a night. And roads are narrow and spaces are close to each other. We camped at Ventura Beach RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Concrete, Grass

Close to beach, old town Ventura, lots of bicycle paths

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $70.00

We have stayed here several times and have enjoyed our stay - we usually get a pull-through but they have raised their prices to $90 per night for a pull-through plus local taxes and fees. We booked a back in for our 36' trailer plus truck. The fee was $74 for two nights and they offered 3rd night free. That was great until we saw the site! It is 40' and you have to back in straight which is virtually impossible with the slanted pull-thru's across that were full as well as palm trees on each side of the opening. After several attempts we went back to the office explaining this was too small and tight for our rig. We were rudely told "People get in there all the time." If we move you we charge $15 - really? I offered to pay additional for pull-thru but we were told there were none available for the time of our stay. We watched at least 10 sites remain vacant during our entire stay. We were given a site which did work right next to the freeway - the noise was awful. I even talked to the manager who at first said our rig was bigger than 36" - not according to the mfgr. She then said they had a fork lift that could get us in - we weren't told this until AFTER we paid the $15. Will not be coming back here - not worth the rudeness and high prices. We camped at Ventura Beach RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Concrete, Gravel

If you do stay here do not accept a space near the freeway

Featured Campgrounds Near Ventura Beach RV Resort

Are you affiliated with Ventura Beach RV Resort ?