Canyon Creek Resort

Recent Rate: $1 6/2015

• Restrooms (Plumbed) Restrooms (Plumbed) ?

Wendyuk03

Date of Stay: June, 2015 - $1.00

Stayed and Vista resorts Canyon Creek on 5/29/15 for the weekend. We joined the campground about 3 years ago. They were very nice before we joined and then after we joined it totally changed. It's more like a boot camp than a campground, the staff are very disrespectful and rude. They always try to overcharge us when we stay. If our RV is just 1" out of the boundary of your spot they will tell you to move . The sites are very small; RVs don't fit properly. Bathrooms are dirty and never have soap or bathroom tissue in them. I only go because I paid over $13,000 for the membership which now I realize was a total rip off and stuck with. I truly wish I could go back in time and not join. Do not go. It is not worth it, they are totally rude and disrespectful . They even had dogs running around with no leashes at the weekend. There was a lot of people parking on the grass and they was never told to move. All in all not a very nice stay we couldn't wait to go home. We camped at Canyon Creek Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

G_Barbosa

Date of Stay: May, 2015 - $4.00

This was the "tour our site and buy the plan" weekend. This is a private park, but they do allow you to stay for the weekend at minimal cost if you take the tour. We bought the Coast to Coast Premiere package for around $4k. Our second camping experience in our trailer. Staff was very polite and helpful with anything that we needed. The campground is clean, has a nice pool and new playground equipment for kids. This is a wilderness area, so the "grass" is mostly weeds. Overall a very restful weekend. All the dogs that we saw were on leash. We camped at Canyon Creek Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Take a stroll in Winters downtown - its a nice little place!

CasaRoll

Date of Stay: May, 2014 - $4.00

Tucked away in a canyon just downstream of Monticello Dam. Creek side camping is plentiful. Super-clean restrooms and a large "clubhouse" facility with snack bar. Two swimming pools and oversize lawn area. We'll camp here again. We camped at Canyon Creek Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Cdewitt

Date of Stay: June, 2013 - $10.00

I rated this a four because they only have 7 pull through sites, and they do not tell you that you need you dog's vaccine history. I did not like finding your own spot, and the ranger was not very helpful. We stayed one night, with no phone coverage at all. What if there is an emergency? Very dusty. Told us not to park on grass. What grass? Everything was dead. The only thing appealing is the pool. If you like to dry camp, because that is about what it is, then yes, stay here. Otherwise pass it by. We camped at Canyon Creek Resort in a Motorhome.

Nevadatripin

Date of Stay: September, 2011 - $30.00

This membership "RV resort" bills itself as a "5 star resort" so that is what we gave it. 5 out of 10 is correct. First, the pluses: water pressure was good and the water was good tasting, the sites were gravel and fairly level, lots of shade at the stream side of the park, and park personnel patrolled through the area frequently. The downside is that this park has fallen into a state of disrepair. The showers had no hot water for at least a week, the clubhouse was worn and shabby, at least one of the common dump sites was out of order. We camped with a large group of rigs and were told we would have full hookups and paid accordingly, only to arrive and be assigned to an area without sewer connections (might have been okay except this is the section without a common dump). The 100+ degree temps during the day put a strain on the electrical system and many in our group did not have enough power to run their air conditioning. We will not stay here again in the summer as the canyon gets too hot. We camped at Canyon Creek Resort in a Motorhome.

jeremyj60

Date of Stay: September, 2011 - $10.00

We were very impressed with this campground. It had 2 swimming pools, a spa, 2 clubhouses, & they had a built in brick oven pizza on their front patio that overlooked the creek. The pizzas were great & the view was amazing. The bathrooms were spotless. Every time I went in them, it looked like someone had just cleaned them and they have 3 sets of bathrooms with showers all located in areas throughout the resort. We were camped in their C section where almost every site is literally on the water. The staff was very friendly and even when they didn't know an answer to one of my questions, they were kind enough to find someone who did know. I would highly recommend this campground and well definitely stay there again. We camped at Canyon Creek Resort in a Motorhome.

User1251

Date of Stay: April, 2010 - $10.00

We stayed here for 5 days. The pools were not maintained and the spa was empty. Large recreation room with 2 old worn out couches, a TV, and pool table. 30 amp electric and water to all sites. We camped along the river and it was quite nice. I belong to RPI and paid $10. I would go again. I did get about half of my direct TV programs. We camped at Canyon Creek Resort in a Motorhome.

bailey2

Date of Stay: August, 2009 - $9.00

What a little peace of heaven nestled away in that canyon. We arrived around 6pm both times and found the staff to be exceptional with the help. The beauty of this resort is outstanding, I will allow more time on our next visit as we were only passing through. We can't wait to go back to explore the camp further and then spend some time in Winters and the other communities, they all look very interesting. We camped at Canyon Creek Resort in a Travel Trailer.

in80ways

Date of Stay: June, 2008 - $1.00

I used my ROD membership to stay at this park for no nightly fee. The Park appearance is not bad. It is a good distance from Winters, which is the nearest town. The other direction leads you past Lake Berryessa and the dam, which is not much to see, and there appears to be no public access to the lake. The park is located in a steep, narrow canyon. I chose a site with full hookups which was not bad, though it was in a complete dead zone where strangely enough - not even my remote controls nor my remote control for my car would work. There is was no satellite service, no cable, no antenna TV reception, no Cell Service whatsoever, and no Internet service. The park has a significant bee problem. Several campers had purchased bee traps which were full. I could not enjoy a meal outdoors nor spend much time outdoors there because of the numerous bees which were all around. Several neighboring campers told me that they had been stung. I even had a bat wedged into my window one morning. I think there is some sort of radio interference being generated from the dam in the area. I would likely not stay at this park again. We camped at Canyon Creek Resort in a Motorhome.

jonj

Date of Stay: June, 2007 - $2.00

It's always nice to have a park near a lake. The setting was nice but I was not impressed with anything else at this place. I could not use my cell phone, the internet, & the roads were dusty. People were nice but not a lot to do there. We camped at Canyon Creek Resort in a Motorhome.

Mike Euritt

Date of Stay: May, 2007 - $2.00

I love this park and consider my home away from home. There are campfires allowed in proper off ground containers. Roads are unpaved, but I've not had dust, nor mud problems. No cell access for several miles, though they do have pay phone and internet access at the upper club house, next to the office. Some sites along the creek are a bit crowded for my taste, but there is enough room for slideouts everywhere in the park. A good variety of birds provides additional interest. We camped at Canyon Creek Resort in a Travel Trailer.

hudds5

Date of Stay: July, 2006 - $35.00

It's been awhile since this park has been reviewed, and it is important for everyone to know. This park still has issues. Last week a group of R.O.D. members voted this membership park, The Worst Park in California. Small, dusty sites. No water access or shade. We camped at Canyon Creek Resort in a Motorhome.

Motorhome Madness

Membership park, clean park, they say they can handle big rig but I wouldn't take one in there, sites are on top of each other, they say that they have sewer/grey hook-ups but that is only on the other side of the hwy/road, charge for honey wagon, staff friendly, nice game room, most sites are so close together that your rig will be the back rest for your neighbors picnic table. Our rig was 22ft our neighbor's was about 24ft motorhome and we were about 10 feet away from each other. We didn't care for it because they charged for the honeywagon, the sites were SO small and the hiking trail was not for casual walking and there wasn't anywhere else to go. Thank goodness we were in our small RV not our new 32ft. We hardly could fit our 5th wheel & truck in site. They say that they have "hiking" trails. I thought I was going to have a heart attack and I'm only 32 and in ok physical health (not extremely over weight but I'm not training for a marathon either). We camped at Canyon Creek Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Motorhome Madness

This park looked dirty from the time we pulled up. It's is a nice setting along side the Putagh Creek which flows out of the dam at Lake Berryessa. But it was all dirt, no grass. They only had electric and water where most site were along the creek. They had a honey wagon that you could use for $5.00. This is a private owners "Resort". We were offered 3days/2nights to listen to their presentation. We were offered a free years membership from the dealer where we bought our motorhome. This place was so bad we turned down the free year. The sites were very narrow. We would never go back. I almost forgot the swimming pool. It was so dirty it looked like it had worms in the bottom of the pool, but it was cracks filled with dirt or algae. And I'm stretching it to say they can handle 40 footers. I had a 36 ft and was probably at the limit. We camped at Canyon Creek Resort in a Motorhome.

Motorhome Madness

Terrible experience. All dirt, smells of guano from bat infested bridge. The restrooms, pool and facilities were filthy. Garbage everywhere. Any activities required healthy deposits or fees. We camped at Canyon Creek Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Are you affiliated with Canyon Creek Resort?