Winters, California

Winters, California

22074 CA-128
Winters, California 95694

• Free WiFi Free WiFi no
  • Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile Cellular Phone Providers Cellular Phone Providers Verizon,Sprint,T-Mobile
  • Phone Phone yes
  • Lake Lake yes
  • River River yes
  • Creek Creek yes

Date of Stay: March, 2017 - $1.00

It was a sales pitch free stay to sit through a presentation. The creek was very lively due to recent rains. The ambiance was wonderful. The café actually had the best pizza I have ever had in California! The site was maintained well and we got to pick which site. You can be next to the creek without sewer (they do have a honey pot) or up higher with sewer. There is NO cell service here and the WIFI you have to pay for. I would stay again! We camped at Canyon Creek Resort in a Motorhome.

A-30

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $1.00

Stayed there for 14 days. The park is very nice, most of the sites are next to Putah Creek.

The staff was very helpful and friendly.

The manager was there to greet you, we had questions on our coast to coast and she was glad to help, even those we were not members.

They had full hookups, but we decided to get a w/e only.

It was quiet even on the weekend when the camp was 3/4 full, it was nice during the week there may have been only 6-8 campers there.

Nice pools, one is adult only. The only thing is they are not heated.

They just got internet only in a couple of spots in the resort.

The only bad point is no phone service, you have to go into Winters (9 miles away).

I will stay there again. We camped at Canyon Creek Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $2.00

This is a membership park and it is our "home base". We have been members for 1-year and have camped here 4 times. Each time we return they have added something new. At this visit they had new fencing, plants and decking for all of the cabins and office areas.

Most of the campers who visit have their dogs with them, so we would like to see a dog park set up near the office area and/or near the bathroom at the campground area by the dam. We would also like to see a small shop where camping accessories can be purchased since the nearest town is Winters, 10-miles away. We camped at Canyon Creek Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Section A - 35

Date of Stay: May, 2016 - $1.00

Stayed here for a week with Coast to Coast. Very nice campground with a nice creek running through park. Enjoyed seeing the baby geese. Personnel were very friendly and maintenance has the landscaping looking nice. No AT&T coverage and could not get over the air television but did use television in lodge. Made for a peaceful stay. Grass and gravel sites and gravel/dirt roads. Very nice place, would stay here again. We camped at Canyon Creek Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Gravel, Dirt, Grass

Date of Stay: June, 2015 - $1.00

Stayed and Vista resorts Canyon Creek on 5/29/15 for the weekend. We joined the campground about 3 years ago. They were very nice before we joined and then after we joined it totally changed. It's more like a boot camp than a campground, the staff are very disrespectful and rude. They always try to overcharge us when we stay. If our RV is just 1" out of the boundary of your spot they will tell you to move . The sites are very small; RVs don't fit properly. Bathrooms are dirty and never have soap or bathroom tissue in them. I only go because I paid over $13,000 for the membership which now I realize was a total rip off and stuck with. I truly wish I could go back in time and not join. Do not go. It is not worth it, they are totally rude and disrespectful . They even had dogs running around with no leashes at the weekend. There was a lot of people parking on the grass and they was never told to move. All in all not a very nice stay we couldn't wait to go home. We camped at Canyon Creek Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: May, 2015 - $4.00

This was the "tour our site and buy the plan" weekend. This is a private park, but they do allow you to stay for the weekend at minimal cost if you take the tour. We bought the Coast to Coast Premiere package for around $4k. Our second camping experience in our trailer. Staff was very polite and helpful with anything that we needed. The campground is clean, has a nice pool and new playground equipment for kids. This is a wilderness area, so the "grass" is mostly weeds. Overall a very restful weekend. All the dogs that we saw were on leash. We camped at Canyon Creek Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Take a stroll in Winters downtown - its a nice little place!

Date of Stay: May, 2014 - $4.00

Tucked away in a canyon just downstream of Monticello Dam. Creek side camping is plentiful. Super-clean restrooms and a large "clubhouse" facility with snack bar. Two swimming pools and oversize lawn area. We'll camp here again. We camped at Canyon Creek Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: June, 2013 - $10.00

I rated this a four because they only have 7 pull through sites, and they do not tell you that you need you dog's vaccine history. I did not like finding your own spot, and the ranger was not very helpful. We stayed one night, with no phone coverage at all. What if there is an emergency? Very dusty. Told us not to park on grass. What grass? Everything was dead. The only thing appealing is the pool. If you like to dry camp, because that is about what it is, then yes, stay here. Otherwise pass it by. We camped at Canyon Creek Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2011 - $30.00

This membership "RV resort" bills itself as a "5 star resort" so that is what we gave it. 5 out of 10 is correct. First, the pluses: water pressure was good and the water was good tasting, the sites were gravel and fairly level, lots of shade at the stream side of the park, and park personnel patrolled through the area frequently. The downside is that this park has fallen into a state of disrepair. The showers had no hot water for at least a week, the clubhouse was worn and shabby, at least one of the common dump sites was out of order. We camped with a large group of rigs and were told we would have full hookups and paid accordingly, only to arrive and be assigned to an area without sewer connections (might have been okay except this is the section without a common dump). The 100+ degree temps during the day put a strain on the electrical system and many in our group did not have enough power to run their air conditioning. We will not stay here again in the summer as the canyon gets too hot. We camped at Canyon Creek Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2011 - $10.00

We were very impressed with this campground. It had 2 swimming pools, a spa, 2 clubhouses, & they had a built in brick oven pizza on their front patio that overlooked the creek. The pizzas were great & the view was amazing. The bathrooms were spotless. Every time I went in them, it looked like someone had just cleaned them and they have 3 sets of bathrooms with showers all located in areas throughout the resort. We were camped in their C section where almost every site is literally on the water. The staff was very friendly and even when they didn't know an answer to one of my questions, they were kind enough to find someone who did know. I would highly recommend this campground and well definitely stay there again. We camped at Canyon Creek Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2010 - $10.00

We stayed here for 5 days. The pools were not maintained and the spa was empty. Large recreation room with 2 old worn out couches, a TV, and pool table. 30 amp electric and water to all sites. We camped along the river and it was quite nice. I belong to RPI and paid $10. I would go again. I did get about half of my direct TV programs. We camped at Canyon Creek Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2009 - $9.00

What a little peace of heaven nestled away in that canyon. We arrived around 6pm both times and found the staff to be exceptional with the help. The beauty of this resort is outstanding, I will allow more time on our next visit as we were only passing through. We can't wait to go back to explore the camp further and then spend some time in Winters and the other communities, they all look very interesting. We camped at Canyon Creek Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: June, 2008 - $1.00

I used my ROD membership to stay at this park for no nightly fee. The Park appearance is not bad. It is a good distance from Winters, which is the nearest town. The other direction leads you past Lake Berryessa and the dam, which is not much to see, and there appears to be no public access to the lake. The park is located in a steep, narrow canyon. I chose a site with full hookups which was not bad, though it was in a complete dead zone where strangely enough - not even my remote controls nor my remote control for my car would work. There is was no satellite service, no cable, no antenna TV reception, no Cell Service whatsoever, and no Internet service. The park has a significant bee problem. Several campers had purchased bee traps which were full. I could not enjoy a meal outdoors nor spend much time outdoors there because of the numerous bees which were all around. Several neighboring campers told me that they had been stung. I even had a bat wedged into my window one morning. I think there is some sort of radio interference being generated from the dam in the area. I would likely not stay at this park again. We camped at Canyon Creek Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2007 - $2.00

It's always nice to have a park near a lake. The setting was nice but I was not impressed with anything else at this place. I could not use my cell phone, the internet, & the roads were dusty. People were nice but not a lot to do there. We camped at Canyon Creek Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2007 - $2.00

I love this park and consider my home away from home. There are campfires allowed in proper off ground containers. Roads are unpaved, but I've not had dust, nor mud problems. No cell access for several miles, though they do have pay phone and internet access at the upper club house, next to the office. Some sites along the creek are a bit crowded for my taste, but there is enough room for slideouts everywhere in the park. A good variety of birds provides additional interest. We camped at Canyon Creek Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Are you affiliated with Canyon Creek Resort ?