Lake Solano County Park Campground

Winters, California

• yes-river Waterfront

obxblond

I arrived a few days before the holiday weekend and there were only a handful of sites occupied. The neighbor a few sites down said it had been pretty empty for a few days. So why were the bathrooms dirty? Dead bugs, leaves, and dirt on the shower floor. Thank goodness I have a bathroom in my rig. The park filled up for the holiday weekend and apparently they do not have restrictions for the number of people on a site. The site next to me had 3 large tents and a travel trailer. The site next to them - part of the group - had 4 tents and no travel trailer. Security knew because they cited them twice for loud noise. The park does have full time peacock residents that are beautiful. I had to get work done on the RV and Camping World is about half hour away. Great store/service. The park location is good for visiting San Francisco and Point Reyes National Park. Wish I had more time exploring San Francisco - a great place to explore on foot. I would stay here again if nothing else available but would spend extra time looking for something else first. We camped at Lake Solano County Park Campground in a Motorhome.

sheltieRV

The infrastructure is older and because it is county run, a lot of deferred maintenance. Roads are narrow, and you must be careful with trees as you drive. There are only a couple of sites with sewer and the dump stations are in the middle of the park (which for us meant driving around the park again to get to them). But it is a pretty setting, lake is nice. We rented a canoe and had a good time. Winters is also a nice dining town (supposedly 1/3 of UC Davis employees make up residents). We camped at Lake Solano County Park Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

BJ Snowbird

Rate reflects a senior discount for a site with electric and water. Charming, quiet, treed, rustic park with friendly greeters (peacocks) and helpful camp host. Some spots could be difficult to get into for a bigger rig, but we were able to find a perfect one for our 32' fifth wheel which was an easy back in. We only needed an overnight stop, but would have loved to stay longer. We camped at Lake Solano County Park Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Woodstock1

A fine campground adjacent to Putah Creek. We stayed riverfront which carries a "premium" campsite fee of $10...and worth it. An easy creekside hiking (the "Shoreline Trail) trail about 1/2 mile long. About 1/3 of the sites have electric and water. Additionally, a few of those have sewer hook-up. Nice spot. Rustic campground and fits well with the surroundings. We would and will camp here again. We camped at Lake Solano County Park Campground in a Travel Trailer.

E&J push'n wind

Great park to visit. My family along with a family we brought along with us stayed here and had a great time. We came in two vehicles in addition to my travel trailer. They limit each sight to 10 people and we were right at the limit with the two families. They charge $10.00/night per additional vehicle and the first pet is included in the original per night charge. $1.00/night per additional pet. They have two sites for the public that have water sewer and electric. Reservations can only be made by phone, it is best to call on a Saturday as if you call during the week you will probably get voice mail and they will return your call when they can. I played telephone tag with them just a bit. There is no online reservation at all. It is called Lake Solano but there really isn't a lake at the campground, it is right next tothe Putah creek. Beautiful place with wild Turkey's & Peacock having free roam of the park. They advertise big rig access but it may be a bit tight in some spaces. I have a 31' model pulling with a SUV and anything more and I don't think I would have been able to park in my sight, in fact I had to go against the signs of traffic direction to get out of my space. I don't know if they would have had heartache if they would have seen but that's what I had to do. I would highly recommend this campground and I will visit it again. We camped at Lake Solano County Park Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Cougar family

It is a great place for a short trip in the winter months. Summer here can be hot and crowded the bees are bad in summer as well. There is lake fishing and boating nearby you can fish the river but they have seasonal rules. It is nice for riding bikes and walking and they have a seasonal nature center. The price is right and the people are friendly and they don't bother you unless you are very loud. The gate locks at 8pm so plan accordingly you can park a car outside the gate if you forget. We camped at Lake Solano County Park Campground in a Travel Trailer.

E&J push'n wind

We had two family's on one site. Friends camped with us in our travel trailer which sleeps 9, we had 10 all together. Thankfully we were able to sleep some little people doubled up on one of the lower bunks. The park states limits at 8 campers per site but the ranger said the limit is 10 max so we made out. Very friendly staff but limited due to budget cuts. You cannot make reservations via computer, they must be made by phone and you will probably play telephone tag just a bit as you must leave a message and they will return your call. Best to call on Saturday, when we arrived in town and called they answered right away. The park is beautiful! If you are expecting a polished and manicured campground, then you may be disappointed. It is clean and well maintained, we didn't use the park facilities as we would prefer to use our own. There are only two sites available to the public that have full hookups with water, sewer and electric, #34 and #56. There are other spaces that have water and electric only, and of course spaces that have nothing. I look forward to coming to this park again, we had a great time with our friends and the kids had a blast! Wild turkey, and peacock have free roam of the place. Big rig access in the lower area can be tight. We had to go against the marked traffic direction to get our 34' (tongue to bumper) TT out, pulled with a relatively short wheelbase sport utility vehicle. It is doable, with some care. We camped at Lake Solano County Park Campground in a Travel Trailer.

User1846

We have been here a few times, and each time this location gets worse! The grounds are not kept up, the grass isn't watered, and due to county budget cuts, there are no "park rangers" at the facility. The restrooms leave a lot to be desired. I will NOT return to Lake Solano. We camped at Lake Solano County Park Campground in a Travel Trailer.

exportman

This county park is really nice except that budget cuts are playing a negative role here. Too many sites don't allow a 11-12 foot high RV to access them because of over hanging branches that normally would easily allow it to set up. What a shame. One guy working a few hours per week could fix this problem. Guess it's just part of the not-my-job culture as lots of workers are doing other things at this park and in my opinion could fix the problem in two days. I will not go back to this wonderful place until I can be assured that over hanging branches and limbs won't damage my roof a/c's and satellite dish. On the plus side, the setting is terrific, the sites are mostly spacious, the young lady at the front gate was very accommodating, the Peacocks were entertaining and the Summer weather was wonderful (warm during the day and perfect for sleeping.) We camped at Lake Solano County Park Campground in a Motorhome.

John Mosley

This is a pretty park on the Putah River, just east of Winters and about 10 miles north of Vacaville and just south of Lake Berryessa. Their phone is 530-795-2990. Sites are spacious with plenty of walnut trees and shade, grass, and free-roaming peacocks. Picnic tables and grills at each site. Very peaceful and quiet, especially during the week. Free hot showers. No WiFi and weak cell phone reception. Dark at night (which we like). Fishing on the river a few feet away. No sewers, but two dump stations. Note -- they lock the gate at 6 or 6:30, so plan ahead. We enjoyed the setting so much we stayed a few extra days just to unwind. We camped at Lake Solano County Park Campground in a Motorhome.

Are you affiliated with Lake Solano County Park Campground?