Fountain Creek RV Park

Latitude: 38.8517319293343
Longitude: -104.872092604637

• yes-stream Waterfront

tudar

I would not consider this a big rig friendly park. Not very well maintained. Friendly staff, but, in general, not a very impressive park, to say the least. We would not stay again. We camped at Fountain Creek RV Park in a Motorhome.

HollyLouise

Do not expect this to look like a campground. If I expected that, my rating would be a 2. I give it a 5 because it provides a clean and tidy place to stay if you're site seeking or short duration business trip. Sites are nearly on top of one another--neighbor's sewer line is right next to our picnic/grill spot, and actually on our space. There is hardly room for vehicles and the layout makes for some interesting maneuvering to get around vehicles. Their awning is over top of their neighbor's on the other side. The park however, is clean, restrooms adequate, and the proprietor is helpful and accommodating. Most sites seem to have cement pads for the table. And the area is pretty well shaded with nice trees. We camped at Fountain Creek RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

4jim

This is not a campground, it is a mobile home park. Mostly permanent residents. I was disappointed in park and wanted to leave early. They would not give a refund even though the park was not as advertised. It was quiet and reasonably clean, but I would not stay here again. My RV space was small and cramped. We camped at Fountain Creek RV Park in a Motorhome.

dfw

Paved road. Gravel sites. More permanent residents than not. Some very old run down RV units. Backs to a park that has homeless people there. Many people walking through that look rough. Our neighbor had his BBQ grill stolen. We were told by two different people that to lock up anything you wanted to keep. No security Park next to busy street that you get traffic noise from. Hard to get in/out of with our 40ft 5th wheel. Park does not look clean but that could be due to the dry conditions. Will not stay here again, to many other RV parks to choose from in the area. People in the office were nice. We camped at Fountain Creek RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Danni

Rate reflects Good Sam. We've stayed here 3 years in a row and find the location perfect. Just a few miles from Manitou Springs, close to Old Colorado City and within a few miles of all to do in Colorado Springs. Grocery store is up the street. The park is older and there are some full time residents but they are friendly and helpful. The staff is always working on the property. They even rake the gravel on the sites after someone leaves. The sites are level, DirecTV was good where we were since there were no trees and Verizon air card worked well. There's not a lot of places to walk the dog in the park but there is a trail right outside the gate. Not a fancy park but the location and price are right for the area. We will come back again next year. We camped at Fountain Creek RV Park in a Motorhome.

A Wedding

OK park. Nothing fancy but very liveable. Previous comments apply here as well. Good central location, right between Taco Bell and McDonalds! I think rate a little high for this type of park. Should be $25-$30 dollars but rates have gone up everyplace this year. I would stay here again. We camped at Fountain Creek RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Niblets811

My Husband and I could only stay here one night but we wished we could have stayed longer! It is a very nice, clean park. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. Facilities were clean, which is always a plus. The space provided for our fifth wheel was a little tight, but again, not a big concern. We will be staying here again if we come through. We camped at Fountain Creek RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Danni

The owners of this park try to keep it very neat. It's gravel sites but level with a picnic table and also a stand for a grill, which is nice. There is some noise from the road but overnight it's pretty quiet. There is a trail right outside the gate which is great for walking the dog. The location for sightseeing is perfect with Manitou Springs right up the road and Old Colorado City right down the street. Lots of restaurants & grocery stores very close too. This park is nothing fancy but it's a good location and clean. There are some permanent rigs but they are on the perimeter for the most part. We have a 40 ft & could get in easily. I'd suggest unhooking the tow before pulling in, as it's just easier. We camped at Fountain Creek RV Park in a Motorhome.

User1286

Older park, could be improved on. Small, narrow un-level dirt pads. There are picnic tables. Big Rigs did seem to manage though they are parked mostly in the center spaces. We had space 38 which backed up to Fountain Creek and afforded some shade. WiFi was very slow (Tengo) most of the time. Cable TV worked well. Laundry was large, clean, 6 machines, and inexpensive. We camped at Fountain Creek RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

travelingfox12

Campsites are very close together, and the site we were given was the most unlevel I have ever had to deal with. We reserved a pull through site but got one we had to back into, with no apologies. The park is surrounded by busy roads, and it's very noisy. The 7-8 creekside sites are mostly taken by long term renters. Some of the long term renters (seems like there are a lot) stay in fairly run down RVs. There is nowhere for kids to play or to walk the dog. We had to walk the dog on the sidewalk outside the park. Lots of homeless people hanging out, sleeping, drinking along the sidewalk - taunting the dogs. I asked a woman in the office if she could call the police or anything. I'm not sure she spoke English or could understand me. I'd really like to know what they consider a boutique (which they say they have). Their office is in a trailer, where they also sell a few miscellaneous items. But there is nothing like a boutique, as defined in the dictionary. I will never stay here again. We camped at Fountain Creek RV Park in a Motorhome.

junkmale56

Restrooms & showers are clean. Shower stalls are small. You can't control the water temperature. The showers are push button for ladies and some men's showers. Must push button often to keep flow of water. Water temperature determined by the park along with the water flow. The rating is because of the showers. Currently restrooms have no heat so when it is in the 40's and 50's at night the restrooms are cold and still 40 or 50 at 10 or 11 o'clock in the morning regardless of the current temperature. Except for the showers probably would have given it a 6 or 7. The location is good for sight seeing. The sites are level and on hard dirt and gravel. The sites are average in closeness, with slides they are closer. Park roads have speed bumps but are paved. Escort to site. Some sites are double with trailers back to back. Internet is okay. There is a little road noise during the day but it is quiet at night. Owners are okay. The park maintenance is okay. They do check on things when you say something about it, but do not necessarily feel it needs to be fixed. e.g heaters in bathrooms. We stayed a month plus a week because there is a lot to see and do. Will not stay here again. We camped at Fountain Creek RV Park in a Motorhome.

Danni

Price reflects Good Sam Discount. Older park but the family who owns it keeps it up. Staff was helpful & the woman who checked us in was very helpful and friendly. No language problem as mentioned in a previous review. Watch the roof line of the rest rooms when pulling in. We could see it had been hit before and we barely missed it. Some long term tenants with older rigs. Walking the dog was outside the park on the trails. Okay since they are close. Location is wonderful. Blocks from Old Colorado Springs and close to Garden of the Gods and Manitou Springs. Highway 24 can be heard but quieter at night. Across the street is Rudy's BBQ, which we love in Texas. Great to see it. We camped at Fountain Creek RV Park in a Motorhome.

DXSMac

Would you please pass the mustard? Good thing the RV next to me didn't have a slide, our slides would have been about 3 feet apart. Other than that, I found this RV park to be decent enough for a short stay in Colorado Springs. The check in person was friendly, but also vocal about the rules and regulations. I was here for an event at the Academy, didn't get to check the restrooms and laundry. Sites fairly level, didn't have to go too far on the stabilizers. Gravel/dirt sites. Park is close to a busy highway, but didn't notice any road noise. On the night before you check out, they leave a note reminding you that it's your last night. Gee, the park wasn't even full. Internet was through Tengo, didn't try to use it. Verizon Air Card (4G) worked fairly fast, although signal dropped occasionally. Cable worked OK, just basic network channels and a few "junk" ones. If you don't tow a car, and want transportation, Enterprise can deliver a car here. Or there is a bus with frequent service that goes right by here. Good well known "chain" grocery store a block away, as well as banks and restaurants within short walks if you don't tow a car. I would stay here again, despite the "pass the mustard" situation. We camped at Fountain Creek RV Park in a Motorhome.

GypsyRoseTDB

Overall I thought this park was pretty good. Staff were polite and helpful whenever we interacted with them. Highway noise is not bad even though Route 25 is close by. Location is convenient to some good restaurants and plenty of sightseeing attractions. (Vietnamese Garden, which is within walking distance, rocks!) We checked in late however, and found that the prior occupants of our assigned site had dumped their black water tank on the ground. Yes, Ew. Because the office was closed, we just selected a different site -- upwind -- and advised the office in the morning. They were very apologetic and cleaned up the mess promptly. The bathhouse is older but clean. Showers are the water-saving kind where you have to press a button about every 10 or so seconds to maintain water flow. This worked fine though and the water was plenty hot with good pressure (actually a little hotter than my usual shower). Wi-Fi is through TengoInternet and worked very well. The only thing that might make me hesitate to stay here again was that there was a neighbor on another lot (a permanent resident judging from the looks of his site) who had dogs which were tied and/or caged outside to bark and whine for hours. We had to complain to the office before anyone spoke to him about it. We camped at Fountain Creek RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

mdwrong

Yes, I agree the campground is very close to downtown Colorado Springs city and the sites, but the staff and the campground it selfs needs a lot of improvement. The staff are oriental and most of the time their teenage daughter is working the front desk. There is a language barrier and I had to repeat my question 5 different ways to get my point across and she still had to call someone on the waikie-talkie to help. The men that work can sometime be harsh in their tone. The free Wi-Fi is very, very slow and throughout the day will kick off several times. I haven't met one friend person that works here yet and I am not nor have I ever been accused of being a difficult person. There should be someone who can communicate correctly with the public and be an adult. Also, on their web page, the rates on there are not the correct rates. When I asked about the increase rate change, the response I received from the lady working was the website is not revised. Evidently! I believe that is false advertisement. I will be moving on to a better campground. There are a lot better ones in Colorado Springs. And the noise is horrible. We camped at Fountain Creek RV Park in a Motorhome.

Are you affiliated with Fountain Creek RV Park?