3704 W Colorado Ave
Colorado Springs, Colorado 80904

Ask fellow campers about "Garden of the Gods Campground" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $55.00

Construction comments not exagerated!! The heavy equipment starts at 7 AM...everyday..and continues all day! The front and rear gates are affected so there is machinery surrounding the park. I chose our site from the online park map that showed a nice tree but arrived to a completely bare, center site that had gravel and a small, concrete area with picnic table ...our neighbor used it one day because it was in the shade of the buses! I was told "management " doesn't like to move anyone after arrival so we had to line our windows with sun reflectors and keep the air running to beat the heat-in early June-not what we expected! That having been said, there are 2 pools - I only used one since the pool in front is right next to-literally- all the construction, it was nice and well kept. The laundry is being updated so I haven't gotten in there yet and I haven't used their facilities. You can never get staff on the phone and while they are friendly enough, they really had no assistance to my dissatisfaction of my site. This was our vacation destination and I was very disappointed with our site. The area itself was our saving grace. Pikes Peak and Garden of the Gods park are very close as are Old Colorado City and Manitou Springs. After you get through construction...grocery stores are close, so are several "smoke" shops. We did check out another campground a few miles down the road and it was horrible so for all my complaining, this park is much better. I also think their pictures of the park are misleading...you can't see the mountains unless you're walking around the park because the next rig is your view. They must have taken those pics when the Season was slow. Also,, I am writing this review late at night since the wi fi signal is inconsistent, even with our own hotspot! We camped at Garden of the Gods Campground in a Motorhome.

N1

Pikes Peak and Garden of the Gods Park are amazing TAKE THE SHUTTLE AT PIKES PEAK! The only way to truly enjoy the awesome scenery and save your nerves. You truly feel like your driving into the sky as you get near the summit-it's hair raising!

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $66.00

We have a 45 ft 5th wheel toy hauler, towed by a Chevy 3500HD. Although we were in a premium pull through site, we had just barely enough room for the trailer itself at the site. Additionally, the sewer hookup for the trailer next to us was in our site. We were never able to speak to anyone in the office on the phone, getting voicemail each time we called. We were also not notified of the planned work on the electrical system, which resulted in our electricity being shut off for a couple of hours one morning. Finally, there is major road construction being done on the road into the park, which apparently has been going on for a year and signs indicate it will continue to go on until the end of 2019. This is not mentioned on the Resort's website, nor was it mentioned when I called the resort prior to arrival. We would not stay here again given the issues mentioned above. We camped at Garden of the Gods Campground in a Travel Trailer.

M3

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $57.00

We were disappointed with this RVC property. It is poorly laid out and the back in premium sites are not really premium. The one we were first assigned was very short and had a large drain in the middle of the site. (S12). Luckily we were able to move. Sites very close together and most utilities in the back. The staff is not all that friendly and helpful, except for one young man who helped me find a good route in around the construction. I had to leave two phone messages and a Facebook message to get info on how to maneuver around the horrible construction mess right at the entrance. I only learned of the problems through rv park reviews. Typical of a corporate owned park. Websites should post current conditions but they don't. A park of their price should at a minimum have a shelf or racks in the SHOWERS to place shower items. No benches, no hooks, nothing. Not that well managed. All the T-shirt's and clothing covered the entire time we were there. When I asked, he said it was because they hadn't taken inventory yet, and weren't allowed to sell them until they are inventoried. Lots of red rocks piled up various places. Guess they don't have anyone that can spread it. Building materials in the restrooms not very appealing. Unfortunately, we didn't see any other rv parks any better. Their location to garden of the Gods can't be beat. It would have been nice for them to tell us how to get there when we checked in. Next time we will stay about 30 miles west of town. Surprisingly, WiFi seemed to work pretty consistently. Splintered picnic table. We camped at Garden of the Gods Campground in a Motorhome.

15b

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches, Obstacles, Poor Conditions

Eat breakfast at mountain shadows restaurant in old Colorado city. Visit Helen Hunt Falls in north Cheyenne Park.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $60.00

We were with a group, and the rate may reflect a group discount (not sure). This place is gravel as far as the eye can see. Even the "dog park" is solid gravel. I did find some grass on another loop, near the pool where I could walk my dogs and they do have a poop bag dispenser and bin there so that was good. The sites are tight. We were in a corner and it was very tight for us and the other two rigs on that corner (S17, 18 and 19). This is not a good campground for sitting outside to enjoy nature, that's for sure. The wifi was intermittent everywhere in the campground, more off than on even when the park is half empty. Cable TV consists of CNN and the networks, not one movie channel for a quiet night at home. The pavilion was nice for our group events. The laundry room was nice but they charge an extra 50 cents for hot water. Also, there are not enough dryers for the number of washing machines. We did not have any issues with the construction, they had flagmen to control the traffic. The only problem we had was turning left onto Colorado from Ridge, much better to take 31st Street because there is a light there. We camped at Garden of the Gods Campground in a Travel Trailer.

S19

There is a great 25-acre dog park about 15 minutes away, on 8th Street south of Colorado Avenue.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $44.00

One of the better colorado springs campgrounds. Construction on the public road out front made access and exiting annoying When arriving, park attendan leads you to your site (it's a large campground). Propane refills available delivered to your site. We camped at Garden of the Gods Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

N5

Garden of the gods is 3 miles away, Manatou Springs is 5 miles west, -

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $45.00

Fairly nice park, was pretty well maintained, with decent spacing between sites. Downside was it was very noisy at night and with current road construction on main road outside the campground, a bit inconvenient to get in and out (however, they did provide good traffic control during the day). Based on the competition, probably the best you can do in this area. We camped at Garden of the Gods Campground in a Motorhome.

Good location for seeing Garden of the Gods, Manitou Springs & Colorado Springs. Our GPS took us in off the 24 to Ridge Road, with a left on to Colorado/Manitou Ave. Depending what time you arrive, I would avoid coming in that way in the afternoon, as the traffic on Colorado Avenue can be quite busy, and with no signal, it may take 5-10 minutes to make a left turn (plus there is road construction in the area too [May 2018] & appears it will be there through the summer months).

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $40.00

Been here several times before and it is the best place to stay. They take you to your site and always helpful. Great store, staff and sites. We camped at Garden of the Gods Campground in a Motorhome.

Good cable, ota and sat reception.

Date of Stay: February, 2018 - $36.00

We have stayed in this RV park many times over the years. We love this park! The sites are crushed granite and range from level to slightly off-level. If the park is full (definitely not a problem in winter), the sites can be close. But there are so many items that make this park outstanding. Only a short drive to Manitou Springs, Old Colorado City, and Colorado Springs. In tourist season - the amenities increase! One of the best RV park laundries, though a few more dryers would be nice. Management and maintenance are excellent! We highly recommend this park! Now the problem . . . Colorado Springs road construction! The park is suffering from poor road planning of the City of Colorado Springs. Colorado Avenue is abysmal. The City is making access to this park difficult. Management knows this fact. Call and talk to them about the best way to get to this park. The construction workers also want to help the RVers. They will stop traffic and direct you onto and into the park entrance. Don't let this road construction sway your decision to stay at GOTG RV, call the front desk and learn the best way to approach the park! This is a great place to stay! We will definitely return soon! We camped at Garden of the Gods Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

D4

Nearby - Pikes Peak Cog Railway, Red Rock Recreation Area, Rudy's BBQ, Manitou Springs, Garden of the Gods, Ute Trading Post. Also - Cripple Creek and all of its amenities, Phantom Canyon, Canon City is an easy drive, Air Force Academy.

Date of Stay: November, 2017 - $35.00

I love this park. It's always clean and the people that work there are always helpful and very polite. They have one new addition that was great, they turned an old airstream into a food truck that was excellent. The site we choose was the first one we stayed at about 5 years ago. When we go again we will choose a concrete pad because I have a bigger motorhome. I really recommend Garden of the Gods to any traveler. We camped at Garden of the Gods Campground in a Motorhome.

Manitou Springs is about a mile one way and old Colorado City is about a mile the other way.

Date of Stay: November, 2017 - $36.00

We stayed here for a short weekend getaway close to home. The park was nice and well maintained. In the winter there are a lot of full time residents which didn't pose a problem at all. There are a ton of trees, which again in the winter are bare, but I would think they would be beautiful in the summer. Wi-Fi was good. We camped at Garden of the Gods Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $34.00

Stayed 2 nights to visit the Garden Of The Gods park. had a deluxe back-in, gravel with a concrete patio, picnic table, cable and wi-fi worked well. Road adjacent to campground under construction, but after 5 pm no noise. Quiet night, we would stay here again. All hookups worked fine and well placed. We camped at Garden of the Gods Campground in a Travel Trailer.

S5

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $45.00

Okay, so I cannot say enough about this place! My family LOVES it! 1.) Beautiful setting throughout the grounds with some trees, birds, and squirrels(even adorable, black ones), and deer. They even have a fenced in area where they keep bees! 2.) Spaces are close together & gravel, but we do not mind. 3.)Three conveniently spaced bathhouses to chose from & two of them include a laundry area as well. 4.) All bathrooms are SUPER CLEAN & UPDATED. 5.) We always feel safe & secure, because the only entrance and exits to the park are right by the main office with video surveillance. 6.) The location is close to restaurants and a super short drive to Old Town & even Manitou Springs; my husband & I have actually walked to Old Town from the RV Park. 7.) We are a somewhat younger couple (late 30s to early 40s), and we have a 3-year old son. He absolutely loves the atmosphere at the park, and I love it because he is learning about things like bees. 8.) They have a playground, gift shop with lots of the essentials & more. 9.) Friendly staff with an escort to help guide you to your site. 10.) It is a very chill place, where people are nice, but they keep to themselves. They do not appear to have permanent residents. 11.) No year model restrictions on the RV. They have a privately-operated restaurant on the grounds. We only ate breakfast there, however they may offer lunch & dinner as well. Prices were not bad for the convenience. For example, the biscuits & gravy were great, and you got 2 biscuits for only $3. Pancakes were only $5 for a short stack or $8 for a full stack and they both included the option for sausage or bacon. I do not have a pet, but I did notice a fenced in pet area. Also, numerous people were out walking their dogs. There is a pool although we have only stayed in the off-season, so it is not warm enough to use. They also have an arcade, although we have never used it. $92.72 for 2 days. We camped at Garden of the Gods Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $50.00

We stayed in this park overnight, unfortunately arrived at 5:30 after the office closed. Open sites were posted on the bulletin board which was great. The only problem with not getting there before the office closed was we were unable to get a code for the laundry room or wifi. When I asked the next morning they said it was a problem to leave in the box. Would try and find a park that wasn't in the inner city. We camped at Garden of the Gods Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $60.00

This park is conveniently located to so many attractions, shopping and restaurants. Staff very helpful. You are escorted to site. The park is well maintained - each site is cleaned as soon as someone leaves. We stayed for 7 nights in a back-in site S25, that was very quiet yet handy to the bathrooms. Our site was a good size for our 36ft motorhome with concrete patio and table. Highly recommend and would stay here again. Laundry has large machines and dryers. Also has heated pool. Unfortunately road works are being carried out right out the front of the Park which may have created noise for campers staying down the front of the Park. We camped at Garden of the Gods Campground in a Motorhome.

S25

So much to see and do - Manitou Springs, Cave of the Winds, Cave Dwellings, Garden of the Gods and plenty more.

Bax

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $60.00

We truly enjoyed our stay at this park. The staff was friendly, helpful and professional. The park was in good condition and well cared for. While I read the comments on the higher price, we felt that the convenient location was well worth the rate. We would definitely recommend this park and should we return to the area we would stay here again. We camped at Garden of the Gods Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Are you affiliated with Garden of the Gods Campground ?