3704 W Colorado Ave
Colorado Springs, Colorado 80904

Ask fellow campers about "Garden of the Gods Campground" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $60.00

As others have mentioned, sites are not level. We were in site M5 and our front end was 6" low on the front end. 90% of the sites are gravel, roads are paved. They have an antiquated play area for children that is rusted and has metal mesh for the platform. The only place where grass could be found was by the pool. The pet area was all gravel. We used one of the pools and it was heated and nice. They had a recent flash flood (not their fault) so some of the sites were not occupied due to wash outs. Road construction was a PITA and does not look to be moving very fast towards completion. Employees were all nice. We camped at Garden of the Gods Campground in a Motorhome.

M5

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $70.00

Lots of unlevel sites. We had to use borrowed boards to level. Sites are gravel, grounds unkept, very close to the next site. This is no resort! We camped at Garden of the Gods Campground in a Motorhome.

Premium

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches

Pikes Peak and Garden of the Gods are nearby.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $58.00

We stayed 5 nights here. The site was not level, required one board. Our site sloped up in the back. WiFi NEVER worked, and I couldn't get my tv to recognize the cable tv. AT&T wireless coverage was minimal at best. Water pressure good, sewer and electric as expected. The sites are close together, and we were right beside an unoccupied older 5th wheel. We called ahead of time and got good directions to avoid construction, however the open routes seemed to vary through our stay, service was good. It doesn't appear the construction will be done by the end of the year. We did like the amenities: pool, playground, laundry and bathroom facilities are all nice. Propane was $$ so we went to Walmart and did a tank exchange. No fire pits here, but saw some people with gas pits lit. Lots of people roaming around, many children, dogs barking but it was always quiet at night. Navigation within the park is satisfactory. They were cleaning up after a recent flood, dirt and rocks had moved onto some sites, but no flooding remains. Overall, I'd stay here again. It certainly doesn't deserve one star ratings as some have been giving it. We camped at Garden of the Gods Campground in a Travel Trailer.

S8
Concrete, Gravel

You can't beat the proximity to Garden of the Gods, we went a few times for hikes. Close to grocery store. Roads outside the park will jar your teeth loose due to construction.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $60.00

Convenient to a lot of what you come here to see. Sites are very close with sewer/power/water actually on adjacent site so the one in front of you is beside your picnic table. Interior roads not bad to navigate in large rig but I would unhook first. Would not be my first choice If I returned but for short stay is OK. No campfires allowed. We camped at Garden of the Gods Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $50.00

Sites are very narrow and short since they slope up at the back. Connections are at the back making extra connections necessary. Interior roads are very tight and should be one-way only but they are not. There were tons of kids riding bikes and skate boards making driving through the park hazardous. Wifi kept dropping. There was a picnic table on the paved "patio" but we parked our tow there. Road construction made getting to the park and leaving very difficult. Dog park is all gravel, no grass anywhere. We camped at Garden of the Gods Campground in a Motorhome.

S06

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $60.00

I totally agree with the previous review about not going here until the construction is complete. This is no small project and it is right at the entrance to the park. We also circled the area in our class A towing a car while trying to figure out how to get in. Our confirmation email even had a message to "call if you get lost" which is a joke since they don't answer the phone. Are we supposed to circle for 24 hours while waiting for them to return the call? When we finally made it in I told the person at the desk of our frustration and was told that they get 100 phone calls an hour and are "doing the best they can." I suggested that their email confirmation mention the construction and was met with a blank stare. Sites are very close together and gravel. Dog park is all gravel. I didn't see any grass. Wifi was worthless and we were very close to the office. Only here for two nights and didn't use any of the facilities. With tax we paid $65 per night for a deluxe gravel site under trees which made a mess of our car and motorhome when the wind blew with rain and all the construction dust. We wouldn't stay here again. We camped at Garden of the Gods Campground in a Motorhome.

B4

Going west on Hwy 24 turn right onto 31st Ave and then make a left on Colorado Ave. If you miss it you'll be circling. If you arrive or leave during construction hours the sign holders will help you, but they aren't there on the weekend.

LMH

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $55.00

I wouldn't come here or anywhere else in Colorado Springs until they finish the road construction. The entire town is a traffic jam. Construction has both entrances to the park blocked, I drove circles in a Class A motorhome towing a car until I found a way in. They have not put any signs out directing you to the park, there is no information on their website or when making the reservation, and they don't answer the phone. Just "Leave a message and we'll get back to you within 24 hours. No help at all when you're circling the general area. Overall the park is nice, employees were helpful, but even without the road hassle, the value is marginal at best. Road construction is rumored to last most of 2019. We camped at Garden of the Gods Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $57.00

As other posters have said, it was impossible to get the office on the phone. In fact, they still had the winter message on. This campground seemed to be run by people under 25 with very little customer service background. We found the bathhouses to be clean and the showers were too. When I made the reservations, the person told me of the construction and asked me to call to get the easiest way in. Needless to say the call was in vain. I thought that the camp maintenance was really good. Our site was close but not too close. Each day there the entrance changed because of the construction. They cut a back entrance but it did not open until later in the morning. This would have been the best way out had it been open early enough. Wifi was so so. We camped at Garden of the Gods Campground in a Motorhome.

S20

The town of Manitou Springs is just a couple of miles west and it is well worth the visit, if you want to be taken back in time(60s). The locals seem to be living as was so prevalent in the 60s. The town has a great atmosphere. East about 2 miles is Old Colorado Springs. The old architecture appears to be from the late 1800's or early 1900's. Lots of tourist shops with unique gifts.

The location is great with Garden of the Gods less than a mile away, across the street is Red Rock Canyon, and Pikes Peak is close.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $55.00

Construction comments not exagerated!! The heavy equipment starts at 7 AM...everyday..and continues all day! The front and rear gates are affected so there is machinery surrounding the park. I chose our site from the online park map that showed a nice tree but arrived to a completely bare, center site that had gravel and a small, concrete area with picnic table ...our neighbor used it one day because it was in the shade of the buses! I was told "management " doesn't like to move anyone after arrival so we had to line our windows with sun reflectors and keep the air running to beat the heat-in early June-not what we expected! That having been said, there are 2 pools - I only used one since the pool in front is right next to-literally- all the construction, it was nice and well kept. The laundry is being updated so I haven't gotten in there yet and I haven't used their facilities. You can never get staff on the phone and while they are friendly enough, they really had no assistance to my dissatisfaction of my site. This was our vacation destination and I was very disappointed with our site. The area itself was our saving grace. Pikes Peak and Garden of the Gods park are very close as are Old Colorado City and Manitou Springs. After you get through construction...grocery stores are close, so are several "smoke" shops. We did check out another campground a few miles down the road and it was horrible so for all my complaining, this park is much better. I also think their pictures of the park are misleading...you can't see the mountains unless you're walking around the park because the next rig is your view. They must have taken those pics when the Season was slow. Also,, I am writing this review late at night since the wi fi signal is inconsistent, even with our own hotspot! We camped at Garden of the Gods Campground in a Motorhome.

N1

Pikes Peak and Garden of the Gods Park are amazing TAKE THE SHUTTLE AT PIKES PEAK! The only way to truly enjoy the awesome scenery and save your nerves. You truly feel like your driving into the sky as you get near the summit-it's hair raising!

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $66.00

We have a 45 ft 5th wheel toy hauler, towed by a Chevy 3500HD. Although we were in a premium pull through site, we had just barely enough room for the trailer itself at the site. Additionally, the sewer hookup for the trailer next to us was in our site. We were never able to speak to anyone in the office on the phone, getting voicemail each time we called. We were also not notified of the planned work on the electrical system, which resulted in our electricity being shut off for a couple of hours one morning. Finally, there is major road construction being done on the road into the park, which apparently has been going on for a year and signs indicate it will continue to go on until the end of 2019. This is not mentioned on the Resort's website, nor was it mentioned when I called the resort prior to arrival. We would not stay here again given the issues mentioned above. We camped at Garden of the Gods Campground in a Travel Trailer.

M3

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $57.00

We were disappointed with this RVC property. It is poorly laid out and the back in premium sites are not really premium. The one we were first assigned was very short and had a large drain in the middle of the site. (S12). Luckily we were able to move. Sites very close together and most utilities in the back. The staff is not all that friendly and helpful, except for one young man who helped me find a good route in around the construction. I had to leave two phone messages and a Facebook message to get info on how to maneuver around the horrible construction mess right at the entrance. I only learned of the problems through rv park reviews. Typical of a corporate owned park. Websites should post current conditions but they don't. A park of their price should at a minimum have a shelf or racks in the SHOWERS to place shower items. No benches, no hooks, nothing. Not that well managed. All the T-shirt's and clothing covered the entire time we were there. When I asked, he said it was because they hadn't taken inventory yet, and weren't allowed to sell them until they are inventoried. Lots of red rocks piled up various places. Guess they don't have anyone that can spread it. Building materials in the restrooms not very appealing. Unfortunately, we didn't see any other rv parks any better. Their location to garden of the Gods can't be beat. It would have been nice for them to tell us how to get there when we checked in. Next time we will stay about 30 miles west of town. Surprisingly, WiFi seemed to work pretty consistently. Splintered picnic table. We camped at Garden of the Gods Campground in a Motorhome.

15b

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches, Obstacles, Poor Conditions

Eat breakfast at mountain shadows restaurant in old Colorado city. Visit Helen Hunt Falls in north Cheyenne Park.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $60.00

We were with a group, and the rate may reflect a group discount (not sure). This place is gravel as far as the eye can see. Even the "dog park" is solid gravel. I did find some grass on another loop, near the pool where I could walk my dogs and they do have a poop bag dispenser and bin there so that was good. The sites are tight. We were in a corner and it was very tight for us and the other two rigs on that corner (S17, 18 and 19). This is not a good campground for sitting outside to enjoy nature, that's for sure. The wifi was intermittent everywhere in the campground, more off than on even when the park is half empty. Cable TV consists of CNN and the networks, not one movie channel for a quiet night at home. The pavilion was nice for our group events. The laundry room was nice but they charge an extra 50 cents for hot water. Also, there are not enough dryers for the number of washing machines. We did not have any issues with the construction, they had flagmen to control the traffic. The only problem we had was turning left onto Colorado from Ridge, much better to take 31st Street because there is a light there. We camped at Garden of the Gods Campground in a Travel Trailer.

S19

There is a great 25-acre dog park about 15 minutes away, on 8th Street south of Colorado Avenue.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $44.00

One of the better colorado springs campgrounds. Construction on the public road out front made access and exiting annoying When arriving, park attendan leads you to your site (it's a large campground). Propane refills available delivered to your site. We camped at Garden of the Gods Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

N5

Garden of the gods is 3 miles away, Manatou Springs is 5 miles west, -

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $45.00

Fairly nice park, was pretty well maintained, with decent spacing between sites. Downside was it was very noisy at night and with current road construction on main road outside the campground, a bit inconvenient to get in and out (however, they did provide good traffic control during the day). Based on the competition, probably the best you can do in this area. We camped at Garden of the Gods Campground in a Motorhome.

Good location for seeing Garden of the Gods, Manitou Springs & Colorado Springs. Our GPS took us in off the 24 to Ridge Road, with a left on to Colorado/Manitou Ave. Depending what time you arrive, I would avoid coming in that way in the afternoon, as the traffic on Colorado Avenue can be quite busy, and with no signal, it may take 5-10 minutes to make a left turn (plus there is road construction in the area too [May 2018] & appears it will be there through the summer months).

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $40.00

Been here several times before and it is the best place to stay. They take you to your site and always helpful. Great store, staff and sites. We camped at Garden of the Gods Campground in a Motorhome.

Good cable, ota and sat reception.

Are you affiliated with Garden of the Gods Campground ?