4 Poor

• Recreation Room Recreation Room no
  • Hiking Hiking no
  • Horseshoe Pit Horseshoe Pit no

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $40.00

Gravel lot where 50 sites plus vehicle parking have been squeezed in. Sites are very close together. Neighbor's door is about 2 feet from my slide out. Road noise from Hwy 24 is very loud. No picnic tables or sitting outside, as there is NO room. We had a pull-through. Not sure how the big bus and 40 ft fifth wheel that parked next to us got in. Close to Garden of the Gods, Historical Colorado Springs and other sites. WiFi was spotty. Cable TV was fine. This worked for us as we were gone most of the day visiting family. Stayed here for 3 nights. Would not stay here again. This place has survived because it has a good location. Traffic is heavy on this section of Highway 24. We camped at Goldfield RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

It's convenient to many of the attractions, restaurants and shopping. Bring ear plugs to drown out the road noise when you sleep. A lot of road construction coming in off I -25.

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $36.00

As others have said, all sites are extremely small (we have seen none smaller in the lower 48), and probably in violation of the local fire code. Fortunately, other visitors were very cooperative and reasonably considerate with parking vehicles and rigs. Of course it only takes on Jerk to mess things up. Convenient location is really the only attribute of this park. We camped at Goldfield RV Park in a Motorhome.

Along with the obvious sights, consider the Air Force Academy and the museum in Petersen Air Base: both impressive (and free!)

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $36.00

Sites are soooo small. VERY tight to even pull in. Sharing water with your neighbor. NO WIFI. I asked why I couldn't log in. She said,"Too many people." False advertising if you can't use it! We camped at Goldfield RV Park in a Motorhome.

Tight Turns, Poor Conditions

VERY LOUD TRAFFIC NOISE HERE!!!!

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $34.00

It's very hard to find a spot in this area during vacation time. I was very happy to find this one for a few days. The staff was very friendly. My setup with rig and trailer is 65ft long so they assigned me a site that long. After arriving I discovered the site utilities were in the very back and I had to build an extension cord for electric and buy an additional water and sewer hose. That cost me $120 but I am now prepared for next time. The exceptional thing that occurred was the day I was supposed to leave, so another party could come in, I had a mechanical failure that prevented me from putting in my slides or lowering the jacks. The manager was very understanding as I tried to fix the issue and at the same time find a mobile RV mech. The manager worked very hard to shuffle some people to find a spot for the incoming party and gave me another 24 hours to get the issue fixed. With the extra 24 hrs, I was able to find and fix the problem myself, which saved me about $300! Thank you!!! Yes, this is a parking lot for convenience, not a destination park and I knew that going in. But it is quiet enough and safe. Everyone was very friendly and nice. We camped at Goldfield RV Park in a Motorhome.

Nearby, Very Close

Ask where the hookups are for your site

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $36.00

We understood when reserving the site that this is not a resort. But we did not expect such a small, jammed parking lot. The website pictures show some trees and nice motorhomes. There are very few of either. We actually had to ask the family next to our site to roll up their outdoor rug so we could park! The sites are that tight! I'll say that our site was somewhat level with full hookups. However, the "WIFI available throughout the park" is not true. At check-in we were given a disclaimer that they were not responsible for the WiFi working and that it is shut down at times for maintenance. We believe that is just their way of advertising good service without providing even poor service! There are also several older trailers that appear to live here full time. It just doesn't feel like a safe place to stay. We will NOT stay here again. We camped at Goldfield RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Pull through

Tight Turns, Obstacles

Close to Manitou Springs, Garden of the Gods, and Old Colorado City.

Date of Stay: September, 2015 - $32.00

I was there for 6 weeks. The campground(if this is what you can call it)looked more like a used car lot. No room between my trailer, weeds never trimmed. The location was great but that was all I can say good. The manager was rude, I could go on and on but I would like to have someone from Good Sam come out and see this as I made the reservation from their book. I couldn't get internet and they insisted my computer was too old so I took it to the library and it worked fine. We camped at Goldfield RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

To all RV's if you have to stay someplace one night this would do.

Date of Stay: August, 2015 - $33.00

We were last minute guests on a busy summer weekend & got the last site which was a 30 amp pull through on level gravel base with full hookups, cable and EXCELLENT wifi signal and bandwidth. Sites are extremely close together throughout the park and the quality hookups are the only ameneties. Not a park to go to enjoy...a park for an excellent location to tour the areas many attractions...or to stop enroute to somewhere. Good value and nice and helpful staff. Would come again. We camped at Goldfield RV Park in a Motorhome.

Visit pikes peak CogRailway...spectacular. Manitou Springs a couple of mles west has many neat shops and eateries on the way to Pikes Peak...and also has the Manitou cliff dwellings.

Date of Stay: August, 2015 - $33.00

This is an RV park. Crowded. Nightly rate was full hookup and free shower. Bathroom offered clean shower but had to use a dressing room for changing (men's room didn't have this). Cable TV was good. Person next to us was hooked up to our site but was nice enough to use a splitter. His sewer hose showed some leaking and put off an odor. Unpleasant. OK for one night. Would look elsewhere next time in the area. We camped at Goldfield RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2015 - $32.00

This is a no-frills, gravel parking lot with full hookups. No pool, spa, or playground. "Sharp" gravel (neighbor's dogs refused to walk on it). Tight sites, no landscaping but some trees, loud road noise from US-24 (adjacent), camp host very personable. Stayed 2 weeks so got weekly discount (about $32 per day). Good for a day-or-two stopover, entry/exit/parking challenging for big rigs. Didn't use restrooms/showers. We camped at Goldfield RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

"Garden of the Gods" stone monoliths minutes away. Pikes Peak (think of the annual road race) about 1/2 hour drive or take the cog railway ($37 adult), a "must see". Colorado Springs has heavy traffic density on (mostly) bad roads (even the locals complain) but beautiful, mountain vistas.

Tmj

Date of Stay: July, 2015 - $30.00

Located right behind an O'Reilly's Parts store. You are on top of each other in a dirt lot. Horrible access. If you have anything larger than a 10 foot camper, you're not going to fit. God forbid you have a vehicle. You might as well keep driving. There are no "pull throughs".

If I were Good Sam, I would be ashamed to represent them.

Stay at the Walmart or keep driving. We camped at Goldfield RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2014 - $37.00

Fellow at the desk was friendly and helpful. Sites really tight, but I looked at it as a "challenge" to get in/out. Water/electric/sewer hookups all-good, site we had was only a bubble-off - others (mostly seasonal/long-term) not so much. All gravel - not dusty. Facilities well-maintained and seemingly clean. Right on highway, so is noisy if your windows are open - don't count on using your awning/ground-cover/lounge chairs. Decent park for an overnite, or a few days if you're visiting Manitou Springs / Pikes-Peak / Garden of Gods / etc. - if you don't have expectations other than a level spot and hookups. Drive-by of another campground just up the road convinced us we'd made the better choice. We camped at Goldfield RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: March, 2013 - $22.00

We stayed 3 nights but the park is really small. Lots of old rundown full time campers. Dog park is a joke. A dirty small walkway that is full of dog waste. I told the manager about it and not sure if anything done. Adjacent street has trash. Would not stay here again. We camped at Goldfield RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: November, 2012 - $29.00

The fellow who runs this campground is very friendly. We paid to have internet; but couldn't get on, so he cheerfully gave us our refund. This was a busy campground with some other over night, weekly and seasonal campers. It was clean and well kept. We camped at Goldfield RV Park in a Truck Camper.

Date of Stay: October, 2012 - $18.00

$18.00 rate is Passport America. Office staff friendly and probably helpful. I didn't ask for any help. This CG has the smallest spaces I have ever encountered: My slides were about 24" from my neighbor's on each side and my awning was within 6" of my first neighbor. My second neighbor (very large motorhome and toad) was so underwhelmed he left immediately. My pull-through was not long enough for both 36' fifthwheel and my truck. This park would be nice if it had half as many sites. We camped at Goldfield RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: August, 2012 - $35.00

Rate is weekly with tax. Restrooms and showers okay. No real dressing area with each shower. The site was level. No need for boards to level, ground surface was gravel and well used. The site was long enough with side by side utilities. Site access and park roads were okay. Didn't use internet. Road noise during the day, but not a problem at night. There were some lights throughout the park. Managers were friendly and the park was maintained. We stayed two weeks to take a break from traveling. We camped at Goldfield RV Park in a Motorhome.

Are you affiliated with Goldfield RV Park?