8.8 Excellent

• Horseshoe Pit Horseshoe Pit yes
  • Volley Ball Volley Ball yes
  • Creek Creek yes

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $45.00

Very very nice campground. Helpful and friendly staff. Beautiful, well maintained flower planters throughout. Cell coverage bad, except near the office, or I would have given it a 10. We did make calls from the very comfortable lounge. Also did laundry in the immaculate laundry room. Saw deer and wild turkeys. It's a little far from Colorado Springs, but a nice drive. We camped at Mountaindale Cabins & RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $52.00

Love, love this place!! Staff is ultra helpful at the drop of a hat. Wifi was adequate at times but I had zero cell service (ATT). The campsites are the largest we've encountered in our 3 years of traveling. Vegetation dotted each campsite. We will be back! We camped at Mountaindale Cabins & RV Resort in a Motorhome.

So many things to do. We loved the train at the Royal Gorge but were unimpressed with the cog train at Pike's Peak. Manitou Springs was beautiful and our favorite place was the Garden of the Gods.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $52.00

Staff were friendly and helpful but, we had made reservations about 2 weeks earlier and when we checked in I was told a staff member would lead me in. He followed me back to my truck and told me to wait while he checked something in the office. About 10 to 15 minutes later he told me that my site was unavailable because an RV was still there and that the owner wasn't there because he had trailer hitch issues and that we would have to stay at another site, then move the next day to my site after the trailer occupying my site was available. I didn't understand why I would have to move but agreed. Next, my Wi-Fi didn't work. My cell phone wouldn't work. Water pressure was very weak. In fact, once it went completely off. I turned the water off, then on again and I had very weak pressure. I went to the office, told the lady that I would stay the night because it was late but I wanted a refund for the next three days that I had reserved. She told me she understood but she didn't know how to do that and to return in the morning. Meanwhile, a staff member came to our site and, somehow got the Wi-Fi and my cell phone working. The Wi-Fi was weak and phone service was spotty. I would have to step outside for fair reception. Next morning another lady gave me a refund for the next three nights and told me she was sorry it happened. A staff member led me out and I'm glad he did because the streets were narrow and winding. I will never camp there again. But, if you go, make sure you have a lot of supplies if you plan on staying more than one night. The park is about 14 miles from stores, ATM's, etc. We camped at Mountaindale Cabins & RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $52.00

The real downside to this has not to do with the facilities - beautiful park - but the fact that it is far from the most desirable places to see in the area. The Manager is excellent and nearly all the staff are great and friendly as well. Unlike most of the parks we have been to they do not sell propane. Not so much a big deal except the closest place to get it is about 20 miles away. If you are on a site near Barrett Road you will have truck noise of quarry trucks going back and forth - but rv parks tend to have road noise, railroad noise, airport noise, etc. They have a waffle day and probably the best waffle and trimmings I have seen ANYPLACE. Wildlife - not human - is both good and bad. I think most people here are long term. Everyone very nice. Once settled in we saw that our site was the one that was on the cover of their brochure! We camped at Mountaindale Cabins & RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Pikes Peak, Garden of the Gods, Air Force Academy

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $52.00

We stayed in site 21 and site 28 (pull-thru) and like all of the sites we viewed in our 5 day stay they had plenty of space, shade, picnic table and fire ring. Very secluded location about 2 miles off of CO 115 and very quiet and easy drive to Colorado Springs and Canon City. Laundry was great with 4 washers/dryers. The management/ownership has put a lot of effort into the property and it shows with plantings everywhere and the sites immaculate. The only downside I see possible is the lack of cell service and rocky surface everywhere but the wifi was the best we have experienced as full timers. We would definitely come back. We camped at Mountaindale Cabins & RV Resort in a Motorhome.

21 and 28

Go to The Winery at Holy Cross Abbey and walk the grounds and sample some of the really good wine. In Canon City about 25 minutes.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $52.00

Mountaindale is a keeper and highly recommended. The staff are super friendly and very helpful. Mountaindale is somewhat remote, as it is about 20 minutes south of Colorado Springs and 2 miles off Hwy 115. Cell service is horrible, but placing the phone in WiFi-calling modes helps. WiFi comes and goes, but our second site had the transmitter on our site, so no issues at all. The Saturday night ice cream social and Sunday morning waffle breakfast are wonderful for only $1. There's plenty of wildlife that strolls through the park (deer, wild turkeys, and black bears were all on our site). Some of the sites are very well shaded and others not so much. Water pressure was good, cable reception was fuzzy. We camped at Mountaindale Cabins & RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

87_32

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $52.00

The 2 sites I had were some of the nicest I've had in any rv park.Wifi was very fast,park was very clean and landscaped very nicely.Park was very busy during daytime and very quit in the evening. We camped at Mountaindale Cabins & RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

site 25 site 32

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $50.00

We stayed a month in this park and absolutely loved it. It is out far enough so that you feel like your in the wilderness, but close to Canon City and Colorado Springs. Super clean and manicured park, and they were constantly improving things. We were very impressed with the owner and all his staff..... very friendly and down to earth people. We hope to go back next year for another month at least ! We camped at Mountaindale Cabins & RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Go stay here.... you won't regret it

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $52.00

Friendly, cooperative staff with a can-do attitude. This is a large, beautiful, "out in the country" park. A bit pricey for the location, but a very nice place to stay. Our site was level. Off-leash dog park was fairly small, but a welcome feature. Combination private bathroom and shower was convenient and clean. On site store for snacks, ice cream, and supplies. The WiFi was terrific -- very fast, with great coverage everywhere in the park. (No trouble streaming video.) We would stay here again. We camped at Mountaindale Cabins & RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $51.00

Pro's: Beautiful park in a beautiful setting. Very well-kept park with lots of room and space. Good store and an excellent lounge with a great big TV for camper's use. Friendly and helpful staff. Had 3 deer within 10 feet of our RV at night. Very cool! Mostly shaded lots. Con's: Almost all gravel! Gravel everywhere and hardly a lick of grass! Even the enclosed "dog park" essentially had no grass?! The gravel actually hurt my dog's feet. And, she won't go to the bathroom except on grass. She was not at all happy at this park. It was a long walk from our site to the bathroom and the store. While there were multiple choices for WiFi, we kept getting kicked off the WiFi. And, there was no pool, but a hot tub. However, it was not open while we were there due to maintenance issues. No Verizon cell service at all from within the park?! Lastly, we left early because of the issues that they had no grass for our dog, but they refused to give us a refund for the night we didn't stay!!! We camped at Mountaindale Cabins & RV Resort in a Motorhome.

You won't have cell service and the wifi is not reliable. Lastly, I don't consider it a dog-friendly park.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $52.00

This RV park is quite a distance from town which I didn't realize when I made reservations. There was a lot of work being done on I-25 which made driving through Colorado Springs quite a chore. Upon arrival the checkin was smooth and we were guided to our site which was a good thing because we never would have round it on our own! Office staff very friendly.

Our site was a nice one EXCEPT we faced Barrett Rd. which is the main route for a quarry further up the way. That meant from 6:30 AM to 4 PM there were huge trucks going back and forth which made a lot of noise. Paying $52 for our spot I felt was outrageous for that reason. As for the park, it is a very busy place, very well kept with nice landscaping. I would consider staying here again if we were to return to Colorado Springs, but I would make certain we were not close to the road. We camped at Mountaindale Cabins & RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $52.00

This campground is a gem, tucked away in the mountains south of Colorado Springs a short distance. The sites are arranged in such a way that you feel like your truly away in the mountains. We had a pull thrunsite which was huge and accommodated our trailer and Truck hooked up. Beside us was a Class A motorhome which had plenty of room also. Beside where we put the trailer was a large area with a picnic table and fire ring. All the staff/owners were so very welcoming and nice and we were made to feel relaxed, at ease and that nothing was too much trouble. We stayed here for 3 nights and were sorry to leave. On Saturday night there was an Ice Cream Social in the lounge area beside the office and on Sunday morning a Waffle Bar. $1 per person for each and both were super and it was fun to meet fellow campers. From here we visited the Air Force Academy and The Garden of the Gods. We also drove to Canon (a short drive away) and took the train ride through the Royal Gorge. We recommend all these side Trips! We rated this park 20 out of 10!!! We camped at Mountaindale Cabins & RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

This campground is in easy drive to many places to visit. It's easy to find with the gps. We used Google maps.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $26.00

Seems like a nice park overall. Friendly staff when we arrived. Some sites have views some don't. Some sites are satellite friendly, some are not. Some sites have basic cable, but it's really a basic DirecTV package. Lot's of trees and deer in the park. About a 15-20 minutes drive to Colorado Springs. Passport America members beware... They have a policy that they can and will move you to a different site if someone comes along, paying full price, and wants your reserved site. They did not tell us this when I made my reservation 6 months out. Thus our rating of "Bad" for service. Now, they did call us a week before we arrived informing us it was a possibility but when I asked why she was very evasive and ultimately told me a lie that they were doing some maintenance work. When we did arrived (and expressed our displeasure) the gentleman checking us in did extend the PPA discount to the full 5 days we were booked. Instead of satellite and view friendly site 84, they put us in site 9 which is large, level, shaded and has the basic cable. Too many trees for my satellite. The negatives though outweigh the positives in my opinion. 9 is right at the entrance so you get to hear all the traffic coming and going all night long. You have a great view of the trash dumpsters and get to wake up to the sound of campers throwing their trash in them a 5:30 AM. We camped at Mountaindale Cabins & RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Take the drive up Pikes Peak.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $47.00

Excellent "campground" stay with pine trees, wildlife wandering through the park, fire pits at every site and rock retaining walls separating sites. Excellent general store and camper lounge hosting ice cream socials on Saturday nights and waffle breakfasts on Sunday morning. Park is a long way from central Colorado Springs - actually closer to Canon City so not an ideal spot as a base camp if your focus is sightseeing the Colorado Springs activities. But a perfect place to just hang out and enjoy the great outdoors. Dog park was all dirt but the playground was nice. We camped at Mountaindale Cabins & RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $52.00

We stayed here for the Mothers' Day weekend and enjoyed a special "waffle bar" breakfast Mothers' Day morning. The staff is very helpful and courteous, the campground very clean, and the space between sites is spacious. The basic hookups all functioned well. We had a pull-through spot which was easy for our 34-footer and tow truck, and there were plenty of trees to make you know you aren't in an RV parking lot. The only reason I don't give the park a "10" is because the cable television service is abysmal. There a 22 channels available, but the station selection is pretty offbeat with a couple of exceptions. None of the station feeds are digital, only analog, and the picture quality was the worst I've seen since the earliest days of videotapes. I popped in a DVD I had brought just to make certain the problem wasn't my televisions. (It wasn't.). Also, as with most campgrounds, the wi-fi wasn't the greatest, and we were very close to the main tower. Overall, however, the experience was very good, and we would definitely camp here again. (Just be sure to have a satellite TV or bring along the DVDs.) We camped at Mountaindale Cabins & RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

This is only a few miles outside of Colorado Springs, so it would be a great place to stay while taking in the beautiful attractions in the area.

Are you affiliated with Mountaindale Cabins & RV Resort ?