8.8 Excellent

2000 Barrett Rd
Colorado Springs, Colorado 80926

• Phone Phone yes
  • Outdoor Courts Outdoor Courts yes

Ask fellow campers about "Mountaindale Cabins & RV Resort" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $26.00

Large, level sites with lots of trees gave you the feeling you were camping in a state campground. We arrived after the office closed but were met at the entrance and guided to our site. The staff was great and helped us get backed in and set up quickly. 50 amp power was stable and good, water pressure was 55 psi, dump port convenient. OTA TV is non-existent. Cellular and hotspot signals are non-existent. The park WiFi was decent. Their cable TV however was pretty awful. The picture on most channels (lower ones especially) was very grainy and fluctuated from bad to worse. All things considered, it was a minor inconvenience and forced us to enjoy the beauty of the area instead. Deer wandered thru regularly and a turkey called out to us one morning. The campground was very clean and well organized. With trails available, hot-tub, playground and a small game room there's something for everyone. We really enjoyed our stay and will come back again. We camped at Mountaindale Cabins & RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Don't miss visiting Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs. Some of the most mesmerizing geological formations you'll ever see. You can drive thru, hike numerous trails, spend time at the trading post and visitor center and it's unbelievably free!

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $53.00

Really nice RV park. As others have said the sites in this park except sites 1-10 are the largest sites we have encountered. The park is mainly full-timers, but in this case it is an asset. All of the people are super friendly and have organized activities during the week (bingo, taco Tuesdays, breakfast waffles, Halloween party... ). Very strict on the rules but that is what keeps the park looking so nice. Cell coverage was marginal with Verizon. The only real ding is the price. The water pressure would fluctuate a lot, between 20 an 65 psi. We will definitely be back. We camped there in a MH. We camped at Mountaindale Cabins & RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $62.00

This park is AMAZING! We stayed here for a short weekend getaway. When we arrived we were met and guided to our space. We didn't bring a tow vehicle, and forgot a few items, which we were thrilled to find they had in the well stocked camp store. They offer movie night and waffle breakfast. This is a family park and you can tell. The best part for us was the wildlife. We were greeted by a heard of deer. We loved our stay and will for sure be back!! We camped at Mountaindale Cabins & RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $45.00

Very very nice campground. Helpful and friendly staff. Beautiful, well maintained flower planters throughout. Cell coverage bad, except near the office, or I would have given it a 10. We did make calls from the very comfortable lounge. Also did laundry in the immaculate laundry room. Saw deer and wild turkeys. It's a little far from Colorado Springs, but a nice drive. We camped at Mountaindale Cabins & RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Mountaindale Cabins & RV Resort

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $52.00

Love, love this place!! Staff is ultra helpful at the drop of a hat. Wifi was adequate at times but I had zero cell service (ATT). The campsites are the largest we've encountered in our 3 years of traveling. Vegetation dotted each campsite. We will be back! We camped at Mountaindale Cabins & RV Resort in a Motorhome.

So many things to do. We loved the train at the Royal Gorge but were unimpressed with the cog train at Pike's Peak. Manitou Springs was beautiful and our favorite place was the Garden of the Gods.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $52.00

Staff were friendly and helpful but, we had made reservations about 2 weeks earlier and when we checked in I was told a staff member would lead me in. He followed me back to my truck and told me to wait while he checked something in the office. About 10 to 15 minutes later he told me that my site was unavailable because an RV was still there and that the owner wasn't there because he had trailer hitch issues and that we would have to stay at another site, then move the next day to my site after the trailer occupying my site was available. I didn't understand why I would have to move but agreed. Next, my Wi-Fi didn't work. My cell phone wouldn't work. Water pressure was very weak. In fact, once it went completely off. I turned the water off, then on again and I had very weak pressure. I went to the office, told the lady that I would stay the night because it was late but I wanted a refund for the next three days that I had reserved. She told me she understood but she didn't know how to do that and to return in the morning. Meanwhile, a staff member came to our site and, somehow got the Wi-Fi and my cell phone working. The Wi-Fi was weak and phone service was spotty. I would have to step outside for fair reception. Next morning another lady gave me a refund for the next three nights and told me she was sorry it happened. A staff member led me out and I'm glad he did because the streets were narrow and winding. I will never camp there again. But, if you go, make sure you have a lot of supplies if you plan on staying more than one night. The park is about 14 miles from stores, ATM's, etc. We camped at Mountaindale Cabins & RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $56.00

Beautiful park. Very well maintained. Abundant wildlife. Very friendly and helpful staff. The downside was the wifi. It was hard to maintain connectivity from not only my coach (parked very near office) but from in the lounge area. I would hope that ownership can upgrade the wifi so that it is at least consistent in the lounge area and hopefully the entire resort. A plus that I appreciated is that although this is a high end resort, they don't have the 10 year rule and welcomed my 18 year old class a as they did the new KingAire parked across the road. We camped at Mountaindale Cabins & RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $52.00

This is one of those parks that is worth the price. Our pad was a little too short to leave the TV hooked up but was as wide as 2 "Normal" CG pad sites, parking was ample. The gravel pad needed about an inch of leveling. Although the surface was gravel there was no dust or dirt to track in the 5th. We were escorted to our site and assisted in backing in. Very quiet at night. Mornings and evenings the wildlife was out. Turkey being the most common that I witnessed although the morn we left I counted 9 mule-ear doe and as many turkey. It is a bit out of town, about half way between Colo Springs and Canyon (Canon) City but the quiet was very nice. The Bride rates this CG and Lazy Days in Tucson as her favorites. This is a PA park but there are many exclusions and our stay didn't qualify. We camped at Mountaindale Cabins & RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

The Royal Gorge train is nice but doesn't match the Durango-Silverton ride but is nice. We thought El Caporal in Canyon (Canon) City an excellent restaurant tho the margaritas were not quite to our taste.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $53.00

The best RV Campground in Colorado Springs that we have stayed in! A very helpful, friendly owner and staff that will go out of their way to make sure your stay is a pleasant experience. A family atmosphere that's quiet and well designed for privacy with gorgeous, spacious and level sites, great WiFi, abundant wildlife and beautiful landscapes. They have clean restrooms, laundry facility, a great lounge and pavilions for family and group use. Pet friendly, rules are well observed! Great walking paths and short hiking trails with some biking possible! You won't be disappointed when staying at this wonderful campground! We camped at Mountaindale Cabins & RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Fire Ring

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $52.00

The real downside to this has not to do with the facilities - beautiful park - but the fact that it is far from the most desirable places to see in the area. The Manager is excellent and nearly all the staff are great and friendly as well. Unlike most of the parks we have been to they do not sell propane. Not so much a big deal except the closest place to get it is about 20 miles away. If you are on a site near Barrett Road you will have truck noise of quarry trucks going back and forth - but rv parks tend to have road noise, railroad noise, airport noise, etc. They have a waffle day and probably the best waffle and trimmings I have seen ANYPLACE. Wildlife - not human - is both good and bad. I think most people here are long term. Everyone very nice. Once settled in we saw that our site was the one that was on the cover of their brochure! We camped at Mountaindale Cabins & RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Pikes Peak, Garden of the Gods, Air Force Academy

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $52.00

We stayed in site 21 and site 28 (pull-thru) and like all of the sites we viewed in our 5 day stay they had plenty of space, shade, picnic table and fire ring. Very secluded location about 2 miles off of CO 115 and very quiet and easy drive to Colorado Springs and Canon City. Laundry was great with 4 washers/dryers. The management/ownership has put a lot of effort into the property and it shows with plantings everywhere and the sites immaculate. The only downside I see possible is the lack of cell service and rocky surface everywhere but the wifi was the best we have experienced as full timers. We would definitely come back. We camped at Mountaindale Cabins & RV Resort in a Motorhome.

21 and 28

Go to The Winery at Holy Cross Abbey and walk the grounds and sample some of the really good wine. In Canon City about 25 minutes.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $52.00

Mountaindale is a keeper and highly recommended. The staff are super friendly and very helpful. Mountaindale is somewhat remote, as it is about 20 minutes south of Colorado Springs and 2 miles off Hwy 115. Cell service is horrible, but placing the phone in WiFi-calling modes helps. WiFi comes and goes, but our second site had the transmitter on our site, so no issues at all. The Saturday night ice cream social and Sunday morning waffle breakfast are wonderful for only $1. There's plenty of wildlife that strolls through the park (deer, wild turkeys, and black bears were all on our site). Some of the sites are very well shaded and others not so much. Water pressure was good, cable reception was fuzzy. We camped at Mountaindale Cabins & RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

87_32

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $52.00

The 2 sites I had were some of the nicest I've had in any rv park.Wifi was very fast,park was very clean and landscaped very nicely.Park was very busy during daytime and very quit in the evening. We camped at Mountaindale Cabins & RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

site 25 site 32

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $50.00

We stayed a month in this park and absolutely loved it. It is out far enough so that you feel like your in the wilderness, but close to Canon City and Colorado Springs. Super clean and manicured park, and they were constantly improving things. We were very impressed with the owner and all his staff..... very friendly and down to earth people. We hope to go back next year for another month at least ! We camped at Mountaindale Cabins & RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Go stay here.... you won't regret it

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $20.00

We stayed here for 1 month and payed a monthly rate plus electric. Great out of the way park....nicely shaded with pine and juniper...nicely landscaped...Very friendly employees and David the owner was super. Deer.....and ocassional bear.. Good location between Colorado Springs and Canon City. We camped at Mountaindale Cabins & RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Its about 26 miles from Canon City and about 24 miles from Colorado Springs..... Royal Gorge....rafting.....shopping...Pikes Peak.....etc. all without staying in the hustle and bustle.

Featured Campgrounds Near Mountaindale Cabins & RV Resort

Are you affiliated with Mountaindale Cabins & RV Resort ?