8.8 Excellent

• Horseshoe Pit Horseshoe Pit yes
  • Volley Ball Volley Ball yes
  • Creek Creek yes

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $52.00

Staff were friendly and helpful but, we had made reservations about 2 weeks earlier and when we checked in I was told a staff member would lead me in. He followed me back to my truck and told me to wait while he checked something in the office. About 10 to 15 minutes later he told me that my site was unavailable because an RV was still there and that the owner wasn't there because he had trailer hitch issues and that we would have to stay at another site, then move the next day to my site after the trailer occupying my site was available. I didn't understand why I would have to move but agreed. Next, my Wi-Fi didn't work. My cell phone wouldn't work. Water pressure was very weak. In fact, once it went completely off. I turned the water off, then on again and I had very weak pressure. I went to the office, told the lady that I would stay the night because it was late but I wanted a refund for the next three days that I had reserved. She told me she understood but she didn't know how to do that and to return in the morning. Meanwhile, a staff member came to our site and, somehow got the Wi-Fi and my cell phone working. The Wi-Fi was weak and phone service was spotty. I would have to step outside for fair reception. Next morning another lady gave me a refund for the next three nights and told me she was sorry it happened. A staff member led me out and I'm glad he did because the streets were narrow and winding. I will never camp there again. But, if you go, make sure you have a lot of supplies if you plan on staying more than one night. The park is about 14 miles from stores, ATM's, etc. We camped at Mountaindale Cabins & RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $52.00

This is one of those parks that is worth the price. Our pad was a little too short to leave the TV hooked up but was as wide as 2 "Normal" CG pad sites, parking was ample. The gravel pad needed about an inch of leveling. Although the surface was gravel there was no dust or dirt to track in the 5th. We were escorted to our site and assisted in backing in. Very quiet at night. Mornings and evenings the wildlife was out. Turkey being the most common that I witnessed although the morn we left I counted 9 mule-ear doe and as many turkey. It is a bit out of town, about half way between Colo Springs and Canyon (Canon) City but the quiet was very nice. The Bride rates this CG and Lazy Days in Tucson as her favorites. This is a PA park but there are many exclusions and our stay didn't qualify. We camped at Mountaindale Cabins & RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

The Royal Gorge train is nice but doesn't match the Durango-Silverton ride but is nice. We thought El Caporal in Canyon (Canon) City an excellent restaurant tho the margaritas were not quite to our taste.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $52.00

The real downside to this has not to do with the facilities - beautiful park - but the fact that it is far from the most desirable places to see in the area. The Manager is excellent and nearly all the staff are great and friendly as well. Unlike most of the parks we have been to they do not sell propane. Not so much a big deal except the closest place to get it is about 20 miles away. If you are on a site near Barrett Road you will have truck noise of quarry trucks going back and forth - but rv parks tend to have road noise, railroad noise, airport noise, etc. They have a waffle day and probably the best waffle and trimmings I have seen ANYPLACE. Wildlife - not human - is both good and bad. I think most people here are long term. Everyone very nice. Once settled in we saw that our site was the one that was on the cover of their brochure! We camped at Mountaindale Cabins & RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Pikes Peak, Garden of the Gods, Air Force Academy

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $52.00

The 2 sites I had were some of the nicest I've had in any rv park.Wifi was very fast,park was very clean and landscaped very nicely.Park was very busy during daytime and very quit in the evening. We camped at Mountaindale Cabins & RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

site 25 site 32

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $47.00

Excellent "campground" stay with pine trees, wildlife wandering through the park, fire pits at every site and rock retaining walls separating sites. Excellent general store and camper lounge hosting ice cream socials on Saturday nights and waffle breakfasts on Sunday morning. Park is a long way from central Colorado Springs - actually closer to Canon City so not an ideal spot as a base camp if your focus is sightseeing the Colorado Springs activities. But a perfect place to just hang out and enjoy the great outdoors. Dog park was all dirt but the playground was nice. We camped at Mountaindale Cabins & RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $52.00

We stayed here for the Mothers' Day weekend and enjoyed a special "waffle bar" breakfast Mothers' Day morning. The staff is very helpful and courteous, the campground very clean, and the space between sites is spacious. The basic hookups all functioned well. We had a pull-through spot which was easy for our 34-footer and tow truck, and there were plenty of trees to make you know you aren't in an RV parking lot. The only reason I don't give the park a "10" is because the cable television service is abysmal. There a 22 channels available, but the station selection is pretty offbeat with a couple of exceptions. None of the station feeds are digital, only analog, and the picture quality was the worst I've seen since the earliest days of videotapes. I popped in a DVD I had brought just to make certain the problem wasn't my televisions. (It wasn't.). Also, as with most campgrounds, the wi-fi wasn't the greatest, and we were very close to the main tower. Overall, however, the experience was very good, and we would definitely camp here again. (Just be sure to have a satellite TV or bring along the DVDs.) We camped at Mountaindale Cabins & RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

This is only a few miles outside of Colorado Springs, so it would be a great place to stay while taking in the beautiful attractions in the area.

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $47.00

Absolutly fabulous! Located on the side of a mountain about 15 miles south of the city it is a very quick and easy trek into town. The wonderful thing is the seclusion. There is no pavement but well manicured sites and roads with the "Red Rocks" of the area.
The staff is friendly and always attenitive to your needs. The sights are roomy but do have trees to be careful of and there again the staff assists in parking and exiting.
One thing unique the campground caters to their regulars and will hold and confirm certain sites. We had to move after the first day but, then had the same spot for the next 7. We talked to campers that had been coming through for years. There are very few full timers and there sites are well kept.
Several times wild deer will just walk through the campground which is really cool.
The only negative, which is no fault of the campground, is Verizon service almost does not work. The WiFi was good - they have repeaters all over the park.
On a note during our visit we saw several other campgrounds in Colorado Springs and most looked liked Drive In theaters - close and junky. Thanks to RV Reviews we landed a good stay! We camped at Mountaindale Cabins & RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $47.00

This has to be one of the nicest parks we have been to, beautiful landscape sites, long and wide so not to feel like you on top of your neighbor. A bit of a ride to Colorado Springs and attractions but for us it was worth it, especially after seeing some of the rv parks in the town area. We camped at Mountaindale Cabins & RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $47.00

beautiful place, trees, deer, rabbits and very friendly people. Site great, wifi great, cable good. would stay here again. We camped at Mountaindale Cabins & RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $47.00

This is a beautiful destination park. It's out in the country, at least 16 miles from anything. Not a place you'd want to stay if you're planning on doing a lot of running around. We stayed in site 36 and it was great. No one behind us & no one to our left. And the left side had 5 trees so there was good shade all day on that side. The park is very well maintained with nice landscaping and large boulders and pretty gravel. Our firepit was made of rocks-very nice! WiFi was hit or miss & Verizon signal was weak. Very nice front loading washers & dryers. I could stay here all summer! We camped at Mountaindale Cabins & RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $23.00

Stayed here June and July 2016. Rate reflects monthly rate. This is a very nice campground. Wildlife wanders through. Would have been an 10 but single laundry facility (4 washers+4 dryers) stayed crowded. Note that construction of a 2nd laundry facility has already begun. Would arrange my travels to stay here again if ever in this part of the country. We camped at Mountaindale Cabins & RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

It is 20+ minutes into Colorado Springs. "Best fried chicken in Colorado" across the street was not.

fdr

Date of Stay: May, 2016 - $42.00

Beautiful rock lined sites. Easy to access laundry. Friendly people. Lot spacing is spacious with some shade. Site surface is gravel featuring a fire ring, picnic table and patio. This is the best campground we've ever stayed at throughout the US and Canada.

We will be back again next month. We camped at Mountaindale Cabins & RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Enjoy the beauty of Colorado Springs and Mountaindale.

Date of Stay: October, 2015 - $44.00

This was a very well organized park. The site we had was large enough to put up our screen tent, have the picnic table in another spot, have chairs under our awning, and still have chairs around the fire pit. Our neighbors were screened from our site by our camper and a rock wall.

The service help in parking the camper was fantastic.

We would definitely visit again. We camped at Mountaindale Cabins & RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

A trip to the Garden of the Gods is a must.

Date of Stay: September, 2015 - $47.00

One of our all time favorite places to camp. The area is so relaxing with deer and other wildlife. Things you may not like, some sites have zip for internet and t v reception. It is a little distance from shopping etc. Still we feel the friendly folks that run the place and the smell of the pines make it an almost perfect camp for us. We camped at Mountaindale Cabins & RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Asphalt, Gravel

fdr

Date of Stay: August, 2015 - $40.00

We previously stayed at Mountaindale Cabins & RV Resort on our way to California. It was such an amazing place, we decided to stay again on our way back to Alabama. It was even more delightful than the first time.

The staff is so friendly, the park is absolutely gorgeous and I have already made reservations to stay there in June and August of next year.

The laundry room is modern and spacy; the grounds are immaculate and the store is well stocked.

Each site is very large and lined with beautiful Colorado rock.

They have an ice cream social every Sat. night and complimentary donuts and coffee Sun. morning.

I would recommend this campground to anyone who is passing through Colorado.

We are looking forward to enjoying the beauty of the Rocky Mountains and the quiet, serene atmosphere of Mountaindale. We camped at Mountaindale Cabins & RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Are you affiliated with Mountaindale Cabins & RV Resort ?