Englewood, Colorado

South Park Mobile Home Park (55+ park)

Englewood, Colorado

• Bike Path(s) Bike Path(s) yes
  • Hiking Hiking no
  • Horseshoe Pit Horseshoe Pit no

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $50.00

Only game in town! We have stayed here several times and we will most likely continue. It is the best place to stay when visiting Denver. Really a mobile home community with a few RV spots. They put us in a really tight one this time and I had to crawl under the motor home to hook up the sewer. Big speed bumps! We camped at South Park Mobile Home Park (55+ park) in a Motorhome.

E

Very busy neighborhood. Come early and be very careful entering and leaving park. Federal is a very busy road. I think any spot would be better than E. Pretty hard to navigate. Staff was fine. Will stay here again because of lack of options

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $43.00

Emailed from their website about 2 weeks in advance (on a Saturday) and got a response on Monday. We were told in advance what space we'd have, and because we were staying not too far away, we rode our motorcycle down to check it out. Once we arrived, we got set up in our space and stayed for two weeks. The management was very pleasant and helpful. The park is tidy, with a clean shower/bathroom/laundry building. The location just south of Hampden is easy to get to, and even though it's close to that fairly busy highway, we weren't bothered by noise at all. We hope they have space for us to stay again when we're in town to visit family. We felt completely safe here, and people who live here were very friendly. We camped at South Park Mobile Home Park (55+ park) in a Fifth Wheel.

Concrete, Gravel

There's a bar & grill right across the street that has pretty good Mexican food - for bar food. The green chili was good, and the carnitas were really good. There's everything you could want if you go east on Hampden for shopping, and this is a nice, quiet place to hang out when you need to be in Denver for business or visiting.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $40.00

Showers were okay, bathrooms good, but this place seems to let anyone in here, now. They used to screen people, especially the long-termers. Now, they seem to take anybody. It's pretty sketchy. If it weren't for the pool, I'd almost consider going to another campground nearby and save a ton of money! We camped at South Park Mobile Home Park (55+ park) in a Travel Trailer.

B

Close to Denver, but traffic is horrible!

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $45.00

This was an OK park as far as Denver area RV parks are concerned. This park has an area for motorhomes near the office and pool. There were mobile homes in the rest of the park. The RV sites are really small. My awning was 1" from the slideout of the neighboring motorhome. For some reason the small sites are somewhat common in Denver. Geez. All RV sites were back-in only and short which required our toad to be partially parked in the road. The management was unsure of our reservations even though I had confirmed them a few days before which left me really concerned. However, the manager did find the reservation after checking again. The park seemed fine for a short stay. The curbing while backing into the space was quite large and shook our motorhome around a little. There is a greenway walking path close by. There are lots of mobile homes in the park, but the trailers are in good shape and honestly were not a concern. Walking in the park was safe and pleasant enough. If you want a luxurious RV site then keep looking. If you want a decent, clean, tiny, and crowded space, then you are in luck. I would not attempt to enter this park after dark. The road was a little crowded and congested at times and maneuvering a large vehicle through the park into the small spaces in darkness would concern me, but I have seen worse. We camped at South Park Mobile Home Park (55+ park) in a Motorhome.

Not big enough for my motorhome

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $45.00

I've stayed here at least five times. I've noticed management changed at least two or three times. The last set of managers seemed to really have their knowledge in gear. I last stayed in April of 17. I was here for roughly two months. The office manager was more than helpful, flexible and honest throughout my stay. I'd stay here again if she is still here. Talk about helpful! I have never been treated so well by any manager in any park in my entire life of camping. The general manager himself was more than helpful in ways I couldn't have possibly fathomed. The owner of the park definitely made this park a better place hiring on this couple. I highly recommend this park to anyone looking for an honest set of people who are willing to help if within the means to do so. Cheers to South Park! We camped at South Park Mobile Home Park (55+ park) in a Fifth Wheel.

Even though Federal Blvd is a crazy street and drivers are complete maniacal psychos, you simply need to allot the timing to get into and out of the park on certain days of the business week.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $45.00

We stayed 5 days in this park. The proximity to everything was the best feature for this park. The sites were very small with barely enough room to pull in the car in addition to the motorhome. There was a concrete pad beside the area we parked. The site size was fine for us as we spent very little time at the site. WiFi was extremely slow except late at night or early in the morning when few people were using it. This is primarily a mobile home park with a few spots for short term RVs. There is a greenway for walking and biking near by but the area is pretty industrial. I would stay there again. We camped at South Park Mobile Home Park (55+ park) in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $25.00

We have stayed here numerous summers and made friends...but the park management is a mess. We have made reservations and then told they don't exist---two years in a row. The park is in a good location, nice pool, friendly neighbors, but dealing with management frustrating. Unfortunately Denver offers little choice. We camped at South Park Mobile Home Park (55+ park) in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $45.00

Office is closed Sat and Sun. Went in Sat and our packet was waiting at office. No cash or credit cards. Placed check in envelope and deposited in night box. Sites are all back in and level. Sewer hookup a bit high. We had site right by pool which was still open even after Labor Day since weather was warm. Separate space for car by side of coach. Other tows were parked in front of RVs. Didn't use any amenities but appearance of park was well kept and clean. Park is quiet with very little traffic near us. Most of park appears to be mobiles and park models with RVs sprinkled in except for those daily sites where we were. We have been through Denver many times and always stayed on outskirts. This park is right in town and easy in and out. Wish I found it earlier. Would stay here again. We camped at South Park Mobile Home Park (55+ park) in a Motorhome.

P

Everything you need is nearby.

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $49.00

We were desperate for a site in Denver and very happy to find this park. The laundry facilities were inexpensive and very clean. The long term residences are, for the most part, neat and tidy. The park is certainly quiet. The clubhouse was clean and pleasant. We were fortunate enough to have utilities that were easy to reach, not the ones in the center of the slab. Other reviews have talked about the speed bumps which are effective to say the least. The curbs are difficult to back over. The rates were pricey and they do not take credit cards. We had to park our car on the street as did many others. We camped at South Park Mobile Home Park (55+ park) in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2016 - $50.00

We lived there for 2 years. The management is horrible. Rude, mean and unfair to most residents. The office is only open Monday through Friday and closes at 4 pm. They don't give you change for laundry, sell propane. You have do mow your lawn, pay electric, and shovel snow. They have a rule that you can't have a gathering of more than 6 people At your site. Couldn't even bbq with neighbors or family. Too controlling and treated people like children with rude rule signs. Would never stay there again. We have lived in several r v parks and would not recommend this one except for short stays. We camped at South Park Mobile Home Park (55+ park) in a Fifth Wheel.

Concrete, Grass

Date of Stay: September, 2015 - $35.00

Wow. I want to say something nice but I'm having a tough time. We needed the site for storage and electric only. There was no break on the price. That is the first time in 6 years we have paid full price when we weren't even in the unit. The interior roads are narrow for large rigs - doable, but narrow. Lots of speed bumps- more like speed mountains - they are big. The handful of sites for RVs are narrow and short, with broken concrete. We thought for sure we had busted a tire trying to back into the site. We had to park the car sideways to keep it out of the road. Not much space between sites either. It was hot so we had all three A/Cs running. After a few minutes, they all shut off. We reset the breaker at the post and tried again. Same deal. After the third time, we went to the office. They said it was due to the service that was being done on some lines in the park. Not so. My husband figured out that the 50amp circuit breaker was bad. Back to the office. The lady at the front desk pointed at a man leaving in a golf cart and said that's who we needed to talk to. We chased him down and explained the problem. First thing he did was look at his watch - 20 minutes until the office closed. Uh oh. Although he was less than personable, he did replace the circuit. And don't even think about using the WIFI. It was unusable. We camped at South Park Mobile Home Park (55+ park) in a Motorhome.

Concrete, Gravel

Date of Stay: July, 2015 - $34.00

This is the second time we stayed here, terrible access to the main street, the trees and brush hang over so you have to pull almost into traffic to get out.

The first time we stayed here was Dec 14 ice and snow and no water, same price, The temporary spots are back in. If your unit is smaller than 30 ft, bad curbing and narrow drives makes it difficult for any one with a 24' trailer and pick up. And even if it just an over nite you must disconnect to be there. Second time in July 15. Same parking, back in disconnect and no parking because other pickups are there also. Grass is not cut and brush along the road is worse than in the winter.

I had hit a stump and bent / loosened my step and was rattling, so I decided to fix it by re-adjusting it. The manager came by and chewed me out for working on the step. Although his wife was a nice person . I will not recommend this place and good luck getting out of the drives. And do not park on the concrete as it may crack. We camped at South Park Mobile Home Park (55+ park) in a Travel Trailer.

B

Date of Stay: April, 2015 - $34.00

Stayed 3 weeks in the short-term area. Sites are level and the utilities worked well. The clubhouse is now reopened and is very nicely renovated. WiFi has been made more powerful so the signal was strong at the site but throughput was still bad sometimes. Previous reviews summed up other points nicely. We camped at South Park Mobile Home Park (55+ park) in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: October, 2014 - $43.00

If you need to be right in Denver, this is the park for you. Traffic was a little intense getting here, and backing in was strange. Their monthly sites are scattered throughout the park and are former mobile home lots. So backing in you will need to straddle the water and sewer connections, then crawl under the RV to hook them up. The short term sites however, are much easier and nicer. Wi-Fi doesn't work, and clubhouse is under construction. Laundry room is nice, and cheap. Free day old bread from Panera Bread every Tuesday. This is the first campground I've been to where every site has their own mailbox in front of it. Although this is a 55+park, they let us stay by the month. It is surprisingly quiet. No dogs allowed. Checks only. We camped at South Park Mobile Home Park (55+ park) in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2014 - $38.00

Entrance sign proclaims "Older Persons Community". Most of the sites are permanently occupied with monthly rentals, either mobile home trailers or RVs. There are 18 short-term sites, fairly close together, nicely clustered around the pool and clubhouse area. Some utility hookups are awkwardly placed. Clubhouse is currently closed for construction. Pool was very nice and clean, set at 82 degrees. Pool closed for the season on Labor Day. Although close to major roads, the park was fairly quiet and the property is fenced. Nightly rate reflects Good Sam discount. We camped at South Park Mobile Home Park (55+ park) in a Motorhome.

Are you affiliated with South Park Mobile Home Park (55+ park) ?