Elk Meadow Lodge & RV Resort

1665 State Highway 66
Estes Park, Colorado 80517

• Mini-Golf Mini-Golf yes
  • Outdoor Courts Outdoor Courts yes

Ask fellow campers about "Elk Meadow Lodge & RV Resort" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $65.00

I have been to many "resorts" and this is stretching the limit. Yes, there are lots of amenities for kids. However, the dirt road and sites who have not seen gravel in many years bring it down a notch. Some sites like mine (lot B16) had a nice buffer on the door side. However, the people next door to me on the driver side had my sewer hose almost under their steps! The pull thrus were very long and level. The back-ins not so much. The rig behind me is 2 ft from my bumper. That said, the location is good and the views are great. I don't know if there is a better place in Estes Park. It was just disappointing. There are lots of things for the kids, if you have them with you. We camped at Elk Meadow Lodge & RV Resort in a Motorhome.

B16

Traffic downtown is bad; go early!

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $80.00

The location of this park cannot be beat if you are there to enjoy Rocky Mountain National Park. In 5 minutes I was out of the park and at the Beaver Meadows entrance. The roads are dirt/gravel so dust is an issue. My spot was spacious enough I didn't feel like I was on top of my neighbors, though some of the sites are closer together than the one I had. The staff is friendly and helpful. This was my 4th time staying at this park. WiFi was good at times. AT&T has a good signal with good data speeds. The views of the surrounding area are great. Most spots offer a great view of Longs Peak. Dear Mountain overlooks the park as well.

As they tell you when you check in, do not leave your awning out unattended. The wind will gust here suddenly. I saw one get blown up over someone's fifth wheel one afternoon here. We camped at Elk Meadow Lodge & RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

E7

Spacious, Nearby

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $90.00

This park is a dust bowl with tiny spaces packed like sardines so close the doors on opposing campers touch...double stacked. The baths and laundry are padlocked from 6pm to 8 am. Terrible maintenance. The dumpsters were full. We will never stay again. We camped at Elk Meadow Lodge & RV Resort in a Motorhome.

e10
Dirt, Sand

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $72.00

We stayed in site F11. The F row is the only row with trees and you general have a tree on either side. The location is perfect for visiting Rocky Mountain National Park as you are just a few miles from the Beaver Creek Visitor Center. Also very convenient to food and shopping in the town of Estes Park. We had a beautiful view of Long's Peak, the only 14er in the RMNP. The sites are dirt with some grass and mostly level. If you are very long and if you are towing a trailer you should unhook if possible before entering the park. You may bottom out. Not a problem for us but we watched a long trailer bottom. This is another RV Inn managed property but the staff were SO MUCH nicer than those in Denver. Very helpful getting us in and allowed us to change sites on request. Staff were respectful and helped with additional information. Note, do not follow GPS through the town of Estes Park in a big rig. Call the park for an alternate approach from the east side of town. We were routed through a parking lot by GPS and the main road 36 through downtown is very tight. We asked for an alternate on the way out and a staff member went to the office, highlighted a map and brought it back to me. Now that is service!! All roads are dirt. It is very dry and winding so lots of blowing road dust. Colorado is in a drought...no burns. Go to the park. It is beautiful. In my opinion you need at least three days to even begin to see and enjoy this park. Five would be even better. We camped at Elk Meadow Lodge & RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

F11

Estes park if you like the tourist trap shopping etc. Twin Owls restaurant for fine dining. Get out in the early morning or evening for wildlife drive. We see elk in and out of the park.

Featured Campgrounds Near Elk Meadow Lodge & RV Resort

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $65.00

Site was not completely level. Internet was acceptable. Good location. No trees on site, which we like. We camped at Elk Meadow Lodge & RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

K L

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $72.00

Booked last minute Memorial weekend 2018. Should have read more reviews. Not only is the rate outrageous for what you get, we had to pay to have friends come and visit us at $5 for the car and $5 EACH just to come up to our MH to visit. NEVER STAY HERE....EVER, EVER, EVER!! The roads are like goat trails. The pads are dirt. Very little pavement anywhere in the park. All we can say is STAY AWAY! It would have been better to stay 4 hours in a rest area and just moved on. You have been forewarned. We camped at Elk Meadow Lodge & RV Resort in a Motorhome.

b14
Dirt, Sand, Grass

Nearby, Very Close

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $70.00

I understand some of the complaints expressed in other reviews but most of those things did not bother us. The office was very nice when I called. We were meeting a group and she gave us a site where we would not have to move once the rest of the group showed up. We had a group dinner in the lodge, interesting building. The spaces in A and B are very tight, but it was okay since we knew everyone around us. We have a front bedroom trailer and this is the first time our back kitchen window looked right at the back of someone else's rig. So while the views are nice, they are not very nice at all from inside your trailer. I really did appreciate the dog park because our site was so tiny, and it was pretty nice as far as campground dog parks go. Except of course, for the idiots that don't pick up after their dogs even though there are poop bags available and a trash bin right by the gate. Anyway, my dogs loved it - decent size and grassy with some shade and a picnic table. The wifi was good for the most part except at busy times. We would explore other choices next time, our site was not worth the price. Maybe a site in a different loop. We camped at Elk Meadow Lodge & RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

B40

Ice at the campground was $5 for 5 lbs. but you can get it at the McDonald's in town, $1 for 8 lbs. If you want to avoid the downtown traffic coming in from the east, take CO-7 south the Peak View Drive, west to Mary's Lake Road, north to US-36 (Moraine Ave), west to CO-66 (left fork at the split), then about a quarter mile to the campground.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $66.00

This park has a strict no-refund policy which it enforces without exception for everyone. Be sure to ask for the bathroom code as they forgot to tell us. Toilet was quite dirty and soap was out. Roads were very dry and conditions very dusty. Many lots are very very close together, did see elk across the street. Signage for the exit is not pronounced and the parking at entry to check in is extremely minimal with restrictions from no parking signs. Beware that your agreement to their no-refund policy implies that you agree with their policies as a whole. This includes not only the many listed on their website but over a dozen more added in the brochure map they give you at check in. This lengthy list includes that they are free to add new policies at will. There is a quiet time policy rule for the park, but the night we were there they had a band which was playing loudly after quiet hours (they can choose to follow their rules or not) and our kids had trouble going to sleep. Parking for our site was so close to our neighbor that we couldn't have opened our doors when their vehicle doors were open or they would have hit. We camped at Elk Meadow Lodge & RV Resort in a Tent.

Other

Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $60.00

Long wide sites. Site was level. Full hookups and everything worked great. Have stayed here before and will do so again. We camped at Elk Meadow Lodge & RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $65.00

Now I know why this park requires a fifty percent non-refundable deposit when making a reservation. If they required a one day deposit like most other parks, a lot of people would give up their deposit and go elsewhere, including me.

If rough, rutted, dirty dusty roads, very narrow unlevel sites with nothing but weeds between sites is what you are looking for then this is the place for you. It's built into a hillside, the sites bulldozed out with absolutely no improvements or maintaince at all, and they don't seem to care. Don't go by the pictures on their website, it's a lot worse than the pictures. I had to take my dogs out of the park to do their duties because they wouldn't even walk on what they call grass because there isn't any and their dog run is just as bad as the rest of the park.

No charcoal grills allowed which makes no sense since not 25 yards away the tent campers can have an open fire. They will tell you it's because of the smoke from the grill but the last time I looked campfires made smoke too.

We have been camping for 40 years and full timing for the past three and this is the second worst park that we have ever seen. It is way overpriced and if it wasn't one mile from the national park it would either have to make improvements or would be out of business. Calling this park a resort is a joke. I would stay 50 miles away before I would stay at this park again. Just a horrible park. We camped at Elk Meadow Lodge & RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

C3

Poor Conditions

National Park, and shopping in Estes Park.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $59.00

We stayed five nights. Very friendly and helpful staff. Right at the entrance to the park. Yes the pads were dirt and gravel (as were all the parks we stayed in) but they are tiered and we had plenty of room for our 45ft RV. No problem getting level. The internet was a little slow but I'm on vacation. We would definitely stay here again. We had elk in our back yard one night We camped at Elk Meadow Lodge & RV Resort in a Motorhome.

A9

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $59.00

This park is located just minutes away from the national park entrance. It is on the side of a hill and the sites have been carved into the land. They are not totally level, but the best that can be done under the circumstances. We did not read the fine print when we made our reservation and had our mail forwarded here. We were disappointed to read that they do not accept mail, but the real problem is the fact that the postal worker will not bring larger packages into the office. Our mail envelope was small and office staff phoned immediately to let us know it was here. There aren't many trees, which we appreciated for our roof mounted satellite dish. The wi fi functioned well. Sites are close together, but parking our 43' motor home was easy. Staff was readily available to assist. We camped at Elk Meadow Lodge & RV Resort in a Motorhome.

F32

Rocky Mountain has become an urban park as metro Denver continues to grow. On the weekends Estes Park was crowded and we were here after Labor Day. The parking lots in the park fill up early in the morning.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $70.00

Having been here in 2005 we knew what to expect as far as the dirt roads and dust. We should have heeded the 6.3 reviews. Arriving on a Thursday night we had reservations in G15 and was told it was a level site. After one hour of trying to level the coach, we gave up and took an empty site for the night. It had a cracked 30 amp plug in with a breaker in the box for the site next door! In the morning we moved back with the delivery of numerous 2x8's. Another 45 minutes and were level. Site is at least 10" -12" out of level. Electrical is shared with another site, but the box is only labeled for G14 (had me looking for my G15 box for a few minutes till it occurred to check out G14's box....a few extra letters on the box would fix that....). There is a note inside the electrical box that says "Do not turn off the breakers". The sewer connection had been broken at some point and taped back together, fell apart in my hands when I attempted to to connect. Roads have gullies from a previous storm and NOTHING has been done....at least try to grade it. It is obvious that the owner is not maintaining this park and likely just waiting for the right buyer. But hey, if it still fills up, albeit later than others, what is his motivation? The good? The view. We camped at Elk Meadow Lodge & RV Resort in a Motorhome.

G-15

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $66.00

Park is close to town and nestled right in the mountains. I was given a FHU dirt pull-thru for my 42' 5th wheel. Sites are dirt and you might need extra blocking to level up. The park is easy to maneuver in and my site had plenty of room for my 5th wheel and truck. The pool and bus that runs to town was shut down for the season on the day we arrived. The park wi-fi was great from my site and I did use my dish for tv reception. A small store and a restaurant is at or near the park office. The park sees a lot of campers as it is close to RMNP. We camped at Elk Meadow Lodge & RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

C6

Close to town. They have a shuttle bus to town, but it was shut down for the season before we arrived.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $89.00

Pros: Close to town and the entrance to the Rocky Mnt NP. Clean, very nice bathrooms. (However, the shower curtain was moldy and the bathrooms on the hill smelled soooo awful! Like the sewer had backed up. Some days were worse than others. I would tell them about it and they wouldn't do anything about it.) Cons: Just dirt and a little gravel throughout. It got muddy when it rained. Weekends got so crowded, you could practically pass a cup of coffee to your neighborhood through the windows. We felt surrounded!!! -See photo.- No walking path to get from outer spots to get to the bathroom so everyone walked through what little space there was between the RV sites. No mail accepted. You could get UPS or FedEx delivered to your site. (So our mail forwarding cost us $14 instead of the usual $2-3. Very unlevel sites. Walking around you had to also be careful because of the holes everywhere. We had a picnic table but there wasn't enough room to use it. It was placed on the slant between sites. Tight spaces but apparently not as bad as others in the area. Great location. Overall a nice place but poorly managed. We camped at Elk Meadow Lodge & RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

B

Featured Campgrounds Near Elk Meadow Lodge & RV Resort

Are you affiliated with Elk Meadow Lodge & RV Resort ?