Estes Park, Colorado

• Live Entertainment Live Entertainment yes
  • Putt Putt Mini-Golf Putt Putt Mini-Golf yes
  • Pond Pond yes

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $66.00

Park is close to town and nestled right in the mountains. I was given a FHU dirt pull-thru for my 42' 5th wheel. Sites are dirt and you might need extra blocking to level up. The park is easy to maneuver in and my site had plenty of room for my 5th wheel and truck. The pool and bus that runs to town was shut down for the season on the day we arrived. The park wi-fi was great from my site and I did use my dish for tv reception. A small store and a restaurant is at or near the park office. The park sees a lot of campers as it is close to RMNP. We camped at Elk Meadow Lodge & RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

C6

Close to town. They have a shuttle bus to town, but it was shut down for the season before we arrived.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $70.00

Having been here in 2005 we knew what to expect as far as the dirt roads and dust. We should have heeded the 6.3 reviews. Arriving on a Thursday night we had reservations in G15 and was told it was a level site. After one hour of trying to level the coach, we gave up and took an empty site for the night. It had a cracked 30 amp plug in with a breaker in the box for the site next door! In the morning we moved back with the delivery of numerous 2x8's. Another 45 minutes and were level. Site is at least 10" -12" out of level. Electrical is shared with another site, but the box is only labeled for G14 (had me looking for my G15 box for a few minutes till it occurred to check out G14's box....a few extra letters on the box would fix that....). There is a note inside the electrical box that says "Do not turn off the breakers". The sewer connection had been broken at some point and taped back together, fell apart in my hands when I attempted to to connect. Roads have gullies from a previous storm and NOTHING has been done....at least try to grade it. It is obvious that the owner is not maintaining this park and likely just waiting for the right buyer. But hey, if it still fills up, albeit later than others, what is his motivation? The good? The view. We camped at Elk Meadow Lodge & RV Resort in a Motorhome.

G-15

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $59.00

This park is located just minutes away from the national park entrance. It is on the side of a hill and the sites have been carved into the land. They are not totally level, but the best that can be done under the circumstances. We did not read the fine print when we made our reservation and had our mail forwarded here. We were disappointed to read that they do not accept mail, but the real problem is the fact that the postal worker will not bring larger packages into the office. Our mail envelope was small and office staff phoned immediately to let us know it was here. There aren't many trees, which we appreciated for our roof mounted satellite dish. The wi fi functioned well. Sites are close together, but parking our 43' motor home was easy. Staff was readily available to assist. We camped at Elk Meadow Lodge & RV Resort in a Motorhome.

F32

Rocky Mountain has become an urban park as metro Denver continues to grow. On the weekends Estes Park was crowded and we were here after Labor Day. The parking lots in the park fill up early in the morning.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $59.00

We stayed five nights. Very friendly and helpful staff. Right at the entrance to the park. Yes the pads were dirt and gravel (as were all the parks we stayed in) but they are tiered and we had plenty of room for our 45ft RV. No problem getting level. The internet was a little slow but I'm on vacation. We would definitely stay here again. We had elk in our back yard one night We camped at Elk Meadow Lodge & RV Resort in a Motorhome.

A9

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $65.00

Now I know why this park requires a fifty percent non-refundable deposit when making a reservation. If they required a one day deposit like most other parks, a lot of people would give up their deposit and go elsewhere, including me.

If rough, rutted, dirty dusty roads, very narrow unlevel sites with nothing but weeds between sites is what you are looking for then this is the place for you. It's built into a hillside, the sites bulldozed out with absolutely no improvements or maintaince at all, and they don't seem to care. Don't go by the pictures on their website, it's a lot worse than the pictures. I had to take my dogs out of the park to do their duties because they wouldn't even walk on what they call grass because there isn't any and their dog run is just as bad as the rest of the park.

No charcoal grills allowed which makes no sense since not 25 yards away the tent campers can have an open fire. They will tell you it's because of the smoke from the grill but the last time I looked campfires made smoke too.

We have been camping for 40 years and full timing for the past three and this is the second worst park that we have ever seen. It is way overpriced and if it wasn't one mile from the national park it would either have to make improvements or would be out of business. Calling this park a resort is a joke. I would stay 50 miles away before I would stay at this park again. Just a horrible park. We camped at Elk Meadow Lodge & RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

C3

Poor Conditions

National Park, and shopping in Estes Park.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $60.00

Long wide sites. Site was level. Full hookups and everything worked great. Have stayed here before and will do so again. We camped at Elk Meadow Lodge & RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $66.00

This park has a strict no-refund policy which it enforces without exception for everyone. Be sure to ask for the bathroom code as they forgot to tell us. Toilet was quite dirty and soap was out. Roads were very dry and conditions very dusty. Many lots are very very close together, did see elk across the street. Signage for the exit is not pronounced and the parking at entry to check in is extremely minimal with restrictions from no parking signs. Beware that your agreement to their no-refund policy implies that you agree with their policies as a whole. This includes not only the many listed on their website but over a dozen more added in the brochure map they give you at check in. This lengthy list includes that they are free to add new policies at will. There is a quiet time policy rule for the park, but the night we were there they had a band which was playing loudly after quiet hours (they can choose to follow their rules or not) and our kids had trouble going to sleep. Parking for our site was so close to our neighbor that we couldn't have opened our doors when their vehicle doors were open or they would have hit. We camped at Elk Meadow Lodge & RV Resort in a Tent.

Other

Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $60.00

I don't understand why this park is not rated higher. First it has wide roads, sand/gravel. Our site was terraced, sand/graced, long enough for our 45' coach and vehicle parked in front. We leveled first time, and had great water pressure and power, 121v, 50amp service. Big dog park The park is 1 mile from Rocky Mt Nat Park with outstanding views of the mountains. There is natural grass between sites with a very nice newer picnic tables If this park was inside the National Park people would give it 8+. You are in the Rockies in a mountain setting. It's as advertised and I believe the best place to stay in Estes Park hands down. My only complaint is the sites are a little close but your gone all day anyways. It's nice to share daily stories with your "close" neighbors when you return at the end of the day Big plus, a very good, off Main Street Resturant, next door to the RV Park. You can walk. I would highly recommend making reservations or go really early as it's very popular. Good food, service, and non-touristy atmosphere. Ok selection of wine, limited, full fun bar. Also outside dinning. We camped at Elk Meadow Lodge & RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Rocky Mt National Park

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $68.00

Stayed over the July 4th holiday weekend, so additional rate was charged, but even before increase, this was the most expensive campground we have stayed. They really get a premium for their location. The campground was terrace with some small rock, but our spot was not level and we needed wood slats on the backside of our 5ver to get it level. Very dusty too because of the lack of significant rain. I would check out another CG if returning to the area. We camped at Elk Meadow Lodge & RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

B-3

Enjoy the hiking and have fun, but stay safe. Twice during the week, rescue operations were needed at Wild Basin Area more than a mile up on the trail. Wet rocks are slippery and the water is very fast moving.

The drive up Trail Ridge Road is awesome. Bear Lake, while very busy with tourist is well worth going and walking around.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $75.00

This RV park was better than some of the reviews I've read. Our charge is for 2 extra children and a 3rd adult. I didn't like the upcharges for each extra person and extra vehicle. It did rain every day in the PM, so no dust affect, but that is normal for Estes Park in the summer. The views are amazing from the RV park, as it is located close to the east gate of RMNP. We were looking at Longs Peak from the back window of our trailer. The sites are tiered in rows A, B, C... so that even when another trailer shows up next to you, it does not obstruct the mountain view that much. I've been in 2 other RV Parks in Estes Park and this one is the best. Personnel were very friendly and helpful. Park has some things going for it for the kids like swimming pool, hot tub, mini golf, corn hole game, and playground. And the office has many ice cream choices for only $1, quite a bargain! We camped at Elk Meadow Lodge & RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

B18

Regarding RMNP, and especially on the weekends, you need to get to the park very early in order to use the park-n-ride on the road to Bear Lake. We arrived about 10 AM and were turned around. We had to instead go to the visitor center and pick up the hiker shuttle to take us to the park-n-ride. Then catch another shuttle to get to our trail head and to Bear Lake.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $35.00

I rated this park a 7 because they could do some little things to make it much better but after staying there for 7 years, they don't seem interested in improving it. This could be a world class top RV park easy. The sites are very unlevel and but wouldn't take much effort to fix. The G row which as the best views only has 30 AMP. There is no landscaping around the sites and full of prairie dog holes. The location is outstanding with wide drive ways and good site spacing. I truly wish they would invest some money and make this a nicer place. WiFi was slow and unusable but T-Mobile service was strong. We camped at Elk Meadow Lodge & RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

G-8

Great access to RMNP and Roosevelt Forest.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $65.00

The sites are expensive but on par for the area. If we come this way again, we would definitely use this park. It is within walking distance of one of the entrances to Rocky Mountain National Park. From the entrance, you can take a park bus to lots of places in the park. There is also a town shuttle that is easy access. The sites are mostly pull through with some back in sites. We got a pull through site at the end of a row. There is a large off leash dog park. There is a nice pool and a hot tub. The free miniature golf is fun but needs some work. The roads and site are dirt and gravel and can be dusty but they watered the roads. There was good entertainment on Saturday night. It was an east in and out campground. They have a large pull out area to hook and unhook the toad. We camped at Elk Meadow Lodge & RV Resort in a Motorhome.

The restaurant near the front of the park is very good.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $51.00

This park has had many problems in the past. But the crew this year is trying to over come some of these and they have made some improvements. Leveling the sites, remodeling bathrooms and keeping the dust down within the park. They say more to come this year and next. Adding more 50amp sites is one for next year. Maybe all the complaints have finally reached the people in charge. It's still and will always be a great location for the NP and Estes. This years staff is small and working hard to get things ready. We camped at Elk Meadow Lodge & RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Sand

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $65.00

We were able to get into this park at the last minute during Memorial weekend. Plenty of space while other camp areas where full. No problem to check in but they needed a lot of extra info like driver license, and tag numbers. It just rained so dust was not a problem, but some of the sites where washed out. People where pleasant and tried to help. Rest rooms where not the best. Some had no locks on them and they had windows on the door so people can look in. Not a lot of space but again park was not full. Nice lodge that was open and had new tables at all sites. Wifi was not good. We camped at Elk Meadow Lodge & RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $65.00

Sites are all dirt with continual clouds of dust with any wind or vehicles driving on the road. We had to keep windows closed and use A/C on a fall day. The only selling point is the proximity to RMNP. Price is high but that may be the Estes Park area. Would not stay here again. We camped at Elk Meadow Lodge & RV Resort in a Motorhome.

C2

Are you affiliated with Elk Meadow Lodge & RV Resort ?