Elk Meadow Lodge & RV Resort

1665 State Highway 66
Estes Park, Colorado 80517

• Mini-Golf Mini-Golf yes
  • Outdoor Courts Outdoor Courts yes

Ask fellow campers about "Elk Meadow Lodge & RV Resort" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $65.00

Nice location, although if you follow your GPS, you'll wind up going through Estes Park. Go around and take the extra mileage. Office and facilities were nice. That's where the fun ends. To start, TWO PAGES of fine type rules. Tiered sites on a hill with soft dirt roads. The sites are dirt - NOT gravel - dirt and a lot of soft dirt at that. My coach sunk in on the turn into the site. My motorcycle got bogged down in the sand. Dust blowing everywhere. Stayed three days - on day two, they picked up all the picnic tables in preparation for closing - never mind that I paid for that table to be there. If you don't mind soft dirt sites with lots of dust, then this is OK. They also said it was dusty because of drought - not very believable because there wasn't even dry grass between the sites. I can't stress this enough - this place is just one big dirt parking lot with hookups. It is apparent that not very much is invested in site upkeep. We found this place because it has large pull throughs and everyone else was booked but we won't be back. We camped at Elk Meadow Lodge & RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Poor Conditions

Convenient to Rocky Mountain National Park and shopping/restaurants.

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $65.00

This is a beautiful location right next to the Rocky Mountain NP entrance. Due to closeness to park entrance there was some road noise. Only two negatives about this park, the dust and the very poor wifi. Don't go camping for wifi but, if you advertise you have it then it should work. We have stayed here before and will again, the location is just amazingly beautiful. Service was excellent, staff allowed me to leave my propane bottle, they filled and returned to my site and I didn't pay till I returned. Excellent personal service. Sites are located on a hill so not much level space for sitting outside. We camped at Elk Meadow Lodge & RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

B20

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $65.00

Everything around Rocky Mountain National Park is pricey. Our site was long enough but not real level. Sewer was way at the rear and we were lucky we had extra sewer hose. I saw one gentleman walking out of the office with a box of new sewer hose! You are literally 5 minutes from the park entrance. The campground is all dirt roads, few trees and very dusty. It was quite windy so we didn't dare open any windows or put out any awnings. It was a perfect spot to visit RMNP but it would be tough to enjoy any outdoor stuff around your rig! Saw a huge playground near the rear of the park with some grass around it. We camped at Elk Meadow Lodge & RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Gravel, Dirt, Sand

5 minutes from Rocky Mountain NP's East Entrance. Loved the Trail Ridge Road views. Bear Lake parking was full all weekend but shuttles seemed to run regularly. Had lunch at Grand Lake and dinner Sunday night at Rock Inn Tavern just outside the campground. Food was great. Estes Park is just a couple miles down the road with lots of activities, restaurants & shopping.

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $51.00

This park is very convenient to Rocky Mtn National Park and Estes Park. Clean, very nice restrooms. There is a nice pool and hot tub, but they shut these down after Labor Day so we didn't get to use them. There is also an entertainment venue onsite where they had live music on Saturday night. This area is VERY windy, so outdoor mats have to be weighted down. It's dry and dusty here too- everything gets coated within a day. Overall, a handy place to stay in a very busy town. Well laid out with nice amenities. Wifi isn't up to the number of people who come in on the weekend, so bring your own. No trees to speak of, so if you have a satellite you won't have any issues getting a signal. We camped at Elk Meadow Lodge & RV Resort in a Motorhome.

A9

If you plan to hike, use the hiker shuttle in the park. Etsy limited parking! Rock Cut Brewery is just down the street and very good!

Featured Campgrounds Near Elk Meadow Lodge & RV Resort

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $80.00

Superb location and even better views of the surrounding mountains. Easy access to the park. Quiet and easy to navigate the roads. Well cared for and rustic (as in charming) buildings. Big negative in that they will NOT refund your deposit, so be prepared and make sure you come at the allotted time. Then enjoy! We camped at Elk Meadow Lodge & RV Resort in a Motorhome.

The national park is a wow and the town a tourist trap, albeit pleasant anyway. They have two (or more) major festivals not to miss, the Scandinavian and the Highlander, both being well worth the adventure and plan to stay a couple of days for each. There is lots to do In Estes Park, hiking, wildlife, scenes, festivals, miniature golf. and much more

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $65.00

We have stayed at this park many times over the years. The park itself is nothing special and is pricy for what you get. As stated by others, it is dusty at times and they don't do much to beautify the park. The reasons you stay at this park are for the gorgeous views of Long's Peak and surrounding mountain ranges and for the convenience to RMNP. The sites on the "premium" Row A are fairly spacious (but will have road noise), but there are many good sites on Row B and others rows as well (some sites are close together, but many are not). We never use the restrooms, but the laundry facility is always clean. We are fortunate to be able to stay at non-busy times which is a big plus, as we have stayed at peak times and it can be pretty packed. As others have said, it's not uncommon to have elk and deer come through the park, especially in mid-to-late Sept and October, which is always cool. We camped at Elk Meadow Lodge & RV Resort in a Motorhome.

A-17

Obviously RMNP, but also the Rock Inn Mountain Tavern Restaurant at the front of the park is a must for its quaint atmosphere, great service and excellent food. It's a bit pricy, but well worth it (my husband and I can usually split a meal with a salad and it's plenty if you are not big eaters). They open at 4:00 pm everyday, and if you don't get there early, you will have to wait as it's a popular spot!

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $65.00

Easy access in and out of the park in our 40' RV with a tow. Dusty at times when the wind picks up, but not a problem. Site was level and easy to back into. Staff was courteous and knowledgeable. We even had a herd of Elk come in the campground while we were there. Would definitely come again. We camped at Elk Meadow Lodge & RV Resort in a Motorhome.

A7

This was the closest RV Park to Rocky Mountain National Park. Very convenient to the National park and Estes Park. Download the app GyPSy Guide to have a wonderful tour with tons of information and guided directions of Rocky Mountain National Park. You will not be disappointed.

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $65.00

I have been to many "resorts" and this is stretching the limit. Yes, there are lots of amenities for kids. However, the dirt road and sites who have not seen gravel in many years bring it down a notch. Some sites like mine (lot B16) had a nice buffer on the door side. However, the people next door to me on the driver side had my sewer hose almost under their steps! The pull thrus were very long and level. The back-ins not so much. The rig behind me is 2 ft from my bumper. That said, the location is good and the views are great. I don't know if there is a better place in Estes Park. It was just disappointing. There are lots of things for the kids, if you have them with you. We camped at Elk Meadow Lodge & RV Resort in a Motorhome.

B16

Traffic downtown is bad; go early!

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $80.00

The location of this park cannot be beat if you are there to enjoy Rocky Mountain National Park. In 5 minutes I was out of the park and at the Beaver Meadows entrance. The roads are dirt/gravel so dust is an issue. My spot was spacious enough I didn't feel like I was on top of my neighbors, though some of the sites are closer together than the one I had. The staff is friendly and helpful. This was my 4th time staying at this park. WiFi was good at times. AT&T has a good signal with good data speeds. The views of the surrounding area are great. Most spots offer a great view of Longs Peak. Dear Mountain overlooks the park as well.

As they tell you when you check in, do not leave your awning out unattended. The wind will gust here suddenly. I saw one get blown up over someone's fifth wheel one afternoon here. We camped at Elk Meadow Lodge & RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

E7

Spacious, Nearby

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $90.00

This park is a dust bowl with tiny spaces packed like sardines so close the doors on opposing campers touch...double stacked. The baths and laundry are padlocked from 6pm to 8 am. Terrible maintenance. The dumpsters were full. We will never stay again. We camped at Elk Meadow Lodge & RV Resort in a Motorhome.

e10
Dirt, Sand

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $72.00

We stayed in site F11. The F row is the only row with trees and you general have a tree on either side. The location is perfect for visiting Rocky Mountain National Park as you are just a few miles from the Beaver Creek Visitor Center. Also very convenient to food and shopping in the town of Estes Park. We had a beautiful view of Long's Peak, the only 14er in the RMNP. The sites are dirt with some grass and mostly level. If you are very long and if you are towing a trailer you should unhook if possible before entering the park. You may bottom out. Not a problem for us but we watched a long trailer bottom. This is another RV Inn managed property but the staff were SO MUCH nicer than those in Denver. Very helpful getting us in and allowed us to change sites on request. Staff were respectful and helped with additional information. Note, do not follow GPS through the town of Estes Park in a big rig. Call the park for an alternate approach from the east side of town. We were routed through a parking lot by GPS and the main road 36 through downtown is very tight. We asked for an alternate on the way out and a staff member went to the office, highlighted a map and brought it back to me. Now that is service!! All roads are dirt. It is very dry and winding so lots of blowing road dust. Colorado is in a drought...no burns. Go to the park. It is beautiful. In my opinion you need at least three days to even begin to see and enjoy this park. Five would be even better. We camped at Elk Meadow Lodge & RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

F11

Estes park if you like the tourist trap shopping etc. Twin Owls restaurant for fine dining. Get out in the early morning or evening for wildlife drive. We see elk in and out of the park.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $65.00

Site was not completely level. Internet was acceptable. Good location. No trees on site, which we like. We camped at Elk Meadow Lodge & RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

K L

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $72.00

Booked last minute Memorial weekend 2018. Should have read more reviews. Not only is the rate outrageous for what you get, we had to pay to have friends come and visit us at $5 for the car and $5 EACH just to come up to our MH to visit. NEVER STAY HERE....EVER, EVER, EVER!! The roads are like goat trails. The pads are dirt. Very little pavement anywhere in the park. All we can say is STAY AWAY! It would have been better to stay 4 hours in a rest area and just moved on. You have been forewarned. We camped at Elk Meadow Lodge & RV Resort in a Motorhome.

b14
Dirt, Sand, Grass

Nearby, Very Close

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $70.00

I understand some of the complaints expressed in other reviews but most of those things did not bother us. The office was very nice when I called. We were meeting a group and she gave us a site where we would not have to move once the rest of the group showed up. We had a group dinner in the lodge, interesting building. The spaces in A and B are very tight, but it was okay since we knew everyone around us. We have a front bedroom trailer and this is the first time our back kitchen window looked right at the back of someone else's rig. So while the views are nice, they are not very nice at all from inside your trailer. I really did appreciate the dog park because our site was so tiny, and it was pretty nice as far as campground dog parks go. Except of course, for the idiots that don't pick up after their dogs even though there are poop bags available and a trash bin right by the gate. Anyway, my dogs loved it - decent size and grassy with some shade and a picnic table. The wifi was good for the most part except at busy times. We would explore other choices next time, our site was not worth the price. Maybe a site in a different loop. We camped at Elk Meadow Lodge & RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

B40

Ice at the campground was $5 for 5 lbs. but you can get it at the McDonald's in town, $1 for 8 lbs. If you want to avoid the downtown traffic coming in from the east, take CO-7 south the Peak View Drive, west to Mary's Lake Road, north to US-36 (Moraine Ave), west to CO-66 (left fork at the split), then about a quarter mile to the campground.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $66.00

This park has a strict no-refund policy which it enforces without exception for everyone. Be sure to ask for the bathroom code as they forgot to tell us. Toilet was quite dirty and soap was out. Roads were very dry and conditions very dusty. Many lots are very very close together, did see elk across the street. Signage for the exit is not pronounced and the parking at entry to check in is extremely minimal with restrictions from no parking signs. Beware that your agreement to their no-refund policy implies that you agree with their policies as a whole. This includes not only the many listed on their website but over a dozen more added in the brochure map they give you at check in. This lengthy list includes that they are free to add new policies at will. There is a quiet time policy rule for the park, but the night we were there they had a band which was playing loudly after quiet hours (they can choose to follow their rules or not) and our kids had trouble going to sleep. Parking for our site was so close to our neighbor that we couldn't have opened our doors when their vehicle doors were open or they would have hit. We camped at Elk Meadow Lodge & RV Resort in a Tent.

Other

Poor Conditions

Featured Campgrounds Near Elk Meadow Lodge & RV Resort

Are you affiliated with Elk Meadow Lodge & RV Resort ?