Paradise On The River

Estes Park, Colorado

Latitude: 40.3600157195003

• yes-stream Waterfront

Doogiesmom

We chose this park because of the reviews, which are accurate. It's small, crowded, and along a creek, which is only a plus is you are parked by it. The folks in the office are terrific and helpful. The place is pristine clean. Although the location, just outside the national park, is very convenient it is very difficult to get here. We came in from Loveland up 30 miles of winding steep two lane road. Traffic in Estes Park this Labor Day weekend was horrific. Finally, the directions to Paradise are difficult to follow and the street signs in town difficult to read. A tip - come all the way through Estes Park on route 36. Continue all the way out of town almost to the park entrance and go left on CO Route 66. Continue 1/4 mile and left into the driveway, where you will be met by a nice gentleman who will help you squeeze your RV into your space. We camped at Paradise On The River in a Motorhome.

gartail

Very well maintained campsites with deck and picnic table at each campsite. Very friendly staff and immaculately maintained bathroom, shower and the laundry room. Very reasonable to do laundry at $1.25 to wash and $1 to dry. Additional cost of $3.50 per day is charged for cable hook-up. Stream current is too fast to do any fishing but the sound is very soothing. Entry to and exit from the property was guided by the staff because of the extremely narrow road and the campsites. We camped at Paradise On The River in a Fifth Wheel.

jubilee32

When we drove our RV down the tiny driveway, I have to confess I wondered if we had made a mistake. Nope! Greeted warmly as we drove in, directed capably into our site, told to check in when we got all things squared away, met four neighbors in the first 15 minutes. The cabins are very nice and well maintained. Some are right on the water, some are 20 feet off. RV sites are small, but nicely kept. We have a 35' MH and I would be worried if we were over 38'. Deducted one point for that. If you are concerned, ask in advance. They will tell you if it will work or not. They stay full and have no reason to fib. We only got in because someone cancelled right before we called. You'll see there are several annual customers here - they come back and forth all season. Those units have customized their spaces and all seemed clean and friendly. There are some rental RVs that looked to be in great shape though I did not look inside any. We would certainly stay here again if in the area. Rocky Mountain National Park is a couple miles away so access is simple. Laundry in clean and works well. Restrooms are well maintained and clean. Try it, you'll like it! We camped at Paradise On The River in a Motorhome.

L. Miller

Paradise on the River is a delightful small campground tucked just off Highway 66 on the way to Rocky Mountain National Park. We got a waterfront site which has it's own private deck looking out over the stream. It is quiet and lovely here. The managers are very helpful. We arrived on a very difficult day -- there was a fire burning near Estes Park and the campground had to be evacuated. (Thankfully, the fire was contained quickly and this park wasn't threatened.) The staff was so helpful to us. We needed to have a package shipped here from Amazon and they were very accommodating about it. We are thrilled with this location and would definitely stay here again. Ask for Site #1! Wi-Fi is available although the 3G signal is moderate. We camped at Paradise On The River in a Motorhome.

pbradley

I love this park. It is very clean and well maintained. The cost field on this form is limited to two digit, but the cost per night for a cabin is $145. The cost for a trailer site is roughly $45 with true water front being a few dollars higher. I think the service and cabins are top notch, proven by the fact my wife and daughter and I have gone there the last two Mays in a row. I will agree with the reviewer stating the sites are very small. There are people with huge Class A motorhomes in there but I don't know how hard it would be to park as many of the sites are 'permanent party'. I have stayed in two of the cabins and both were wonderful. We camped at Paradise On The River in a Campground Cabin.

evergreen13

The stream front sites are very small and narrow. We were unable to get into the first site assigned to us because this campground has very narrow roads in and out. The second site took over an hour to get into with the help of the on site manager. The setting is wonderful next to the stream. This campground is located very close to the east entrance to RMNP. I would not stay here again unless I camped in a 20 foot or smaller trailer. The shower and laundry facilities were very clean. We camped at Paradise On The River in a Fifth Wheel.

tamiausland

Made a reservation in November, 2005 for 2 nights in June, 2006 on the river. The reason I chose this campground was that they offer sites directly on the riverbank. I had numerous e-mails with the reservation staff in November, 2005 and April, 2006 informing them of the size of my rig (29.8 foot 5r pulled by 22 foot F350) and was told "no problem" with the site. This campground is the size of a postage stamp. I'm guessing it rests on 4 or 5 acres. The sites are only about 10 feet wide. 99% of the sites are seasonal sites and there are only 2 or 3 sites they rent out on a nightly basis. I did not know this when I originally booked. The site we reserved, #9 (on the river) was a back-in site. Not only is this campground a nightmare to get into, there was no way our rig was getting into site #9 on the river. The seasonal campers that were surrounding site #9 took up any available space and the very nice managers tried to convince my husband and I that they could talk us through backing the rig into the site. After 15 minutes of completely jacknifing our rig, we had had enough. The only other site available was in the middle of the small campground, away from the river and surrounded by other campers. The only "view" was the sky and our neighbors. I told my husband I could have this view in my driveway in Wisconsin. I was suspicious of this campground to begin with as I found very little, if any, information on it. The pictures on the website were not helpful and there were no other reviews that I could find anywhere on the internet, hence, I'm warning all other possible campers with this review. The management was nice enough, however, their refund policy only gave us 1 night refund. Luckily we were able to get into Elk Meadow RV Park across the street where we enjoyed fantastic views of the Rocky Mountains from our campsite. Had I had more than 2 nights in Estes Park, I would have taken more time to complain about a full refund. I was just glad to get to be able to find an open site at another campground during the busy summer camping season. We camped at Paradise On The River in a Fifth Wheel.

Are you affiliated with Paradise On The River?