Fort Collins / Lakeside KOA

• WiFi WiFi ?
  • Mini-Golf Mini-Golf yes
  • Outdoor Courts Outdoor Courts yes
  • Pickleball Pickleball yes

Ask fellow campers about "Fort Collins / Lakeside KOA " and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $45.00

Maybe the best KOA we've stayed at. Lots of activities available - pool, lake w/ boats, minigolf, walking trails, kid park, etc, etc. Sites are mostly back-in and a little small for big rigs. But there was lots of shade, patios in many and even several with hot tubs at some sites. Restrooms were clean and very available. The people handling reservations (mostly workkampers) were friendly and accommodating to late reservations. Overall an excellent place to stay on the north side of Ft Collins, a very nice little city. We camped at Fort Collins / Lakeside KOA in a Motorhome.

Concrete, Dirt, Grass

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $56.00

We stayed 11 days here in August. The park is very well run, the help is very good. Sites are not too close. The only downside to this park is the WiFi is non existent. Very hard time getting on when it was even working. We camped at Fort Collins / Lakeside KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $55.00

This is a hard review to make. On the one hand, this park has amenities for young families like no place I've seen. On the other hand, for those of us not using those facilities, this park has very oppressive policies. We were here specifically to visit friends we hadn't seen in almost 50 years. We asked the office for a pass so they could visit us on our site for a couple of hours. They wanted $20 for the couple. We are all in our 70s. There's no chance we were going to use their kiddie facilities. They said charging visitors was their policy, could not make exceptions. Their Internet is virtually unusable. For our purposes, we will never return. We camped at Fort Collins / Lakeside KOA in a Motorhome.

Got kids? They'll enjoy this place. Don't have kids and might want to use the Internet? Find someplace else.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $57.00

One of the nicest KOAs we've ever stayed in. Typical RV parking but was very clean, neat, organized. Price reflects Cheyenne Frontier Days and was paid up front with no refunds/cancellations. It was about 1 hour to drive to Cheyenne and worked out very well for our visit. We camped at Fort Collins / Lakeside KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

The Poudre River bike trail was about a mile away, easy to get to, and a beautiful ride. Also lovely drive up Poudre Canyon on Hwy 14.

Featured Campgrounds Near Fort Collins / Lakeside KOA

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $45.00

This is one of the most elaborate KOA's we've stayed at- private small lake, long walking path, pickle ball court, pool, peddle go carts, fairly big sites, lots of grassy areas, trees, etc. So why not give it a better review? We've stayed here for several days each of the last 4 years and the Wi-Fi consistently is DOWN! It's ridiculous and the staff can't seem to do anything about it as it's an outside contractor. I think they might consider using another service because we're at the point of not using this park anymore! Cables not great either but that pales next to the Wi-Fi (or lack thereof!) We camped at Fort Collins / Lakeside KOA in a Motorhome.

Concrete, Dirt, Grass

Ft Collins is a great place to eat, drink, and relax but it does take a while going throughout town as the park is on the far north side of town. Horsetooth Reservoir and CSU anc Old Town are convenient and fun to visit

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $65.00

We have stayed here for several years and have noticed the park degrading more each time and the cost to increase. The fee structures dont match the quality you would expect from KOA. Very disappointed and seems like the management/ownership is not a caring or concerned about their customers. Ie.. site was trash ridden and with low hanging branches and made backing up difficult. Too many other campgrounds with higher value towards the customer, we will not stay here again. We camped at Fort Collins / Lakeside KOA in a Motorhome.

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $54.00

An overnight stop. A lot of amenities for families but we did not take advantage of them. The concrete pad was not level. Cable and WiFi are good. Utilities are fine. Guided to our site. Staff kind and helpful. We camped at Fort Collins / Lakeside KOA in a Travel Trailer.

They gave us a nice brochure filled with activities in the area.

ETX

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $67.00

Big park. Unattractive entrance through heavy equipment storage lots. Some asphalt roads, but we were in the back with dirt roads. Glad to be in the back because Mother's Day weekend occurred while we were there. All the kids and activity (noise) was at the front of the park. WiFi worked well considering how busy they were. Used the directions provided by the park which involved a lot of road construction. Easier back ways to get to Fort Collins for shopping and dining. Overpriced (as all KOA's are), so don't know if we'd come back, but our stay there was okay. We camped at Fort Collins / Lakeside KOA in a Motorhome.

Poudre river drive was beautiful.

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $60.00

We have stayed at this park several times over the past two years. In season amenities are great, with paddle boats, bumper boats, pool, splash zone, bounce pad, pizza, etc. These amenities are not available off season, but our grandson loved the large playground and the trail around the lake. The staff is friendly and helpful. We were guided to our site, and helped to back in. Propane is reasonably priced. Wi fi is good. This is really a very nice campground- a little more expensive than some, but worth it! We camped at Fort Collins / Lakeside KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Concrete, Gravel

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $44.00

We pull a 43 ft fifth wheel with an F350. Entry into the park was easy. Staff were great. Fellow RVers are friendly. Views are beautiful. Lanes within the park are wide and gravel. Sites are long enough for big rigs with toad and gravel with trees on each side and nice grass between sites. Utilities work well. AT&T Cell is good & Verizon Broadband is good. Satellite works well. They sell propane in park. Two nice fenced dog parks, pool and great kids play area. No bugs. Nice lake with paddle boats. Nice pizza stand for hot pizza. We love this park Can't wait to return. We camped at Fort Collins / Lakeside KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

D5

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $50.00

We stayed here for two nights on a short notice change of plans. The staff was great in getting us a spot that worked for our MH. We had a back-in site along the edge that was great. Nice brick patio, fire pit, grill. Hook-ups were good and easy and water pressure was good. Nice big room parking for checking and unhooking our toad. Were escorted by golf cart to our spot and helped backing us in. Very nice work camper. All the spots are on concrete pads, but all the interior roads are gravel. Did not have a dust problem the days we stayed. Good satellite and Verizon. Park has tons of amenities, almost an amusement park. We did not use any of them except the bathrooms, which were clean and modern. Individual showers. Convenient for visits to Fort Collins. We camped at Fort Collins / Lakeside KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $52.00

The park is large, well-kept throughout and has numerous amenities at no charge. There is a small lake with catch and release fishing allowed and available paddle boats. Cable and internet access are good. Satellite line of site good. Sites are gravel but solid. It is a great place to camp if you are not planning to have visitors. I would have rated the campground 9 or 10 but for the following: We wanted to invite my wife's brother & Sister & their spouses for lunch during our stay. We learned too late that a $10/person charge - $40 - would be assessed for them to come to our camp site for a couple hours. The charge was not disclosed at the time the reservation was made or at check-in. I found it as a single sentence in their campground brochure after we were parked. I felt this was an unfair and exorbitant charge. I understand other campgrounds charge for visitors but often enforce those primarily for larger groups to preclude people inviting many visitors and abusing the amenities. I can support that fully. I had asked to have the owners contact me, but the office manager told me 'those are the rules' and the owners would say the same thing. The owners did not contact me. Sadly, the consequence of the charge and unwillingness of the management to budge was that we terminated our stay and went to a visitor friendly campground nearby. The long term consequence is the probability of KOA losing my future business. We camped at Fort Collins / Lakeside KOA in a Motorhome.

Lots of bicycle trails near by.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $55.00

This was absolutely a fabulous park. Small lake for fishing and paddle boating. Miniature golf course, go carts, bicycles, big playground, pool. Very nice park. We camped at Fort Collins / Lakeside KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $54.00

The park had quite a few trees throughout. The roads up to the main office are paved, but most of the park has dirt roads, which were easily maneuverable with a 36' DP motorhome. Sites were somewhat spacious, with about 15 feet between motorhomes. Each site had quite a bit of grass (important if you have dogs) BUT they don't allow dog fences on the grass, a fact that I asked about when making my reservation, and was told it wouldn't be a problem, so I put up my fence upon arrival, and within a couple of hours I was told I had to take it down. They also had a two dog limit, which again I wasn't apprised of when I made my reservation, even though I asked questions indicating I had dogs. Power connection was 50/30/20 and the power pole & sockets were in good condition. The cable TV signal was good and stable. Water & sewer connections were fine, as was the water pressure. The RV parking pad was concrete and was in good condition. The WiFi connection was good, but very slow to the point of being useless as far as I was concerned. We don't use restrooms, showers or pools, so we can't render an opinion on those items. There was no dog park for our 4 footed children (we travel with 3 golden retrievers). They did have a sports field, boat dock with rentals, mini-golf and other games, and inflatable toys, all of which we don't need or want. The price was high at $54 after the KOA membership 10% off. It was very quiet as there were no major roads nearby to create road noise. We would rate this park a 7.3 out of 10. We stayed in a motorhome and would NOT stay here again because of the dog fence prohibition, and the 2 dog limit. We camped at Fort Collins / Lakeside KOA in a Motorhome.

RMNP (Rocky Mountain National Park) is a must see.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $52.00

We recently stayed at KOA on a busy weekend. The entrance in was a tight turn for large vehicles, this park is not situated for very well for large RV's. The site was small and tight to get into, our motor home was to the edge of the driveway and left no room for our tow vehicle. There were many seasonal spots and did not look very appealing ie... trailers, welding equipment, commercial trucks... This stereotypes the mobile home parks. The restrooms were OK but could use some updating and there were not enough to support the size of the park. Not all sites had fire pits and you needed to rent theirs if you wanted a fire, even though we had an portable elevated fire pit. Too many fees and rules that did not make sense. We camped at Fort Collins / Lakeside KOA in a Motorhome.

Not big enough for my motorhome

Tight Turns, Obstacles

Featured Campgrounds Near Fort Collins / Lakeside KOA

Are you affiliated with Fort Collins / Lakeside KOA ?