Colorado Springs KOA

Saturday: 8:00am - 8:00pm
Sunday: 8:00am - 8:00pm

Hours above shown for Mountain Time Zone

• Group Kitchen Group Kitchen yes

Ask fellow campers about "Colorado Springs KOA" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: October, 2018 - $54.00

This was a fairly typical KOA in many ways. Nothing really bad to say. We had to opt for their deluxe site (most expensive) and found it met our needs. This is our second stay here in 3 years and things are basically the same compared to when we were here last. My biggest, absolutely irritating thing with this place are the freaking big rocks (boulders is a bit strong) they use at the ends of many sites. These are just waiting to grab an unsuspecting RV driver and scrape the heck out of their RV. You have been warned. We camped at Colorado Springs KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2018 - $44.00

This is a very nice campground with great amenities. When I made the reservation, I requested a site that would accommodate my very large 5th wheel. We have since downsized to a class A. The 5th wheel would have in no way fit in this site. We are in site 173. There is a tree with large branch over the site. A man did nicely cut back some of the small branches that would have scratched our new class A. But, we cannot put out our awning and the tree blocks satellite signal. I was offered a move, but we were too tired to move. This is why I put my requests in writing and confirm my requests in a phone call prior to our visit. The manager would do well to train his staff to read comments on a reservation before assigning the site. And, if the site is assigned by a computer check to be sure the computer assigned an appropriate site. Would it be to hard to inquire about size of vehicle and satellite needs at check in??? I booked one of this KOA's largest/best sites. Why in the world would they leave a tree with a large branch over the site. Most people who book this type of site are in large vehicles. Last night there were high winds and small branches kept hitting our roof vents. The vehicle I previously had when I made the reservation was a foot higher...NO way it would have fit. My suggestions to management would be 1. Cut the limb that hangs over this site and 2. Ask at check in if camper would like a satellite friendly site and 3. Read comments in the reservation request. Very disappointed!! That being said, it is a very clean and well kept campground with many amenities that families with children would really enjoy. The traffic sounds from the highway are a bit too loud and the internet is inconsistent. The site has nice amenities - patio table, grill, fire pit, and park bench. We camped at Colorado Springs KOA in a Motorhome.

Asphalt, Gravel

Date of Stay: October, 2018 - $58.00

Outrageous price even with the KOA 10% off. Note there were $40 worth of taxes on our one week stay-4 diff kinds. The plus side was we had a very nice corner site, big yard, concrete patio w/table & chairs, nice gravel under rig, FHU, view of Pike's Peak. The downside was a lot of freeway noise especially outside, train nearby (fortunately it did not blow it's horn real often, maybe once a night), free WIFI did not work-had to be at office area. At 6:19 AM a Reville was played nearby and then again 10 min later. I guess it was time to get up. You could also hear the shooting at the nearby gun range and some nights we heard loud booms like they were testing bombs. We camped at Colorado Springs KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $59.00

Pay close attention to the no refund policy. You have 30 minutes to decide once you check in. The campground itself is clean, well maintained and the staff is friendly, helpful and professional. My fellow campers are well served with level sites, full hookups, and escorted direction to their designated locations. Sewer is close to back of site, while my connection was in the middle of the trailer. I had to back into the road to use it with a standard hose. You can observe roving golf cart litter patrols, and staff busy cleaning the cabins and common spaces. Nice K9 park and common kitchen space. The grounds are immaculate. It is a well-run KOA campground. It also has high highway noise, a very close train, a close airport, and a rifle range across the highway. If you do not mind the noise and your dog is not afraid of gunfire, this campground is good for you. Easy access and a truck fuel station adjacent to the highway exit. We camped at Colorado Springs KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Cheyenne Mountain Zoo, Garden of the Gods, Pike's Peak, all nearby. Several WalMarts and large shopping centers within range. Heavy, heavy busy traffic between Colorado Springs and Denver. Stay away from weekday rush hour.

Featured Campgrounds Near Colorado Springs KOA

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $63.00

Nice KOA, Very Large Well Laid Out. Some I-25 Noise But OK. Patio was Concrete w/Table, Chairs, Grill & Fire Pit. Long level sites. This park has about every amenity you would want. Since I do not use any of them except the laundry when necessary I rated them lower in value to me. AT&T Cell 3 bars of LTE & Good Dish Satellite. I only stayed here to visit the Florissant Fossil Beds National Monument. We camped at Colorado Springs KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $58.00

We stayed here because Garden of the Gods had been flooded out. It turns out this was a great park for our daughter, grandkids and great-grand kids to come visit us. We stayed in the back by the creek on a level 45' pull thru with a concrete patio, chairs, firepit and barbeque. The noise from I-25 was noticeable, but not awful. We had a nice fire each night and the kiddies got to play in the splash pool and there was a tractor ride in the evening. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We camped at Colorado Springs KOA in a Motorhome.

It's a little pricey for visitors at $15.00 per regardless of their age, but this allows them access to the splash pool and activities.

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $60.00

It has been 3 years since I have been in this park and it has been upgraded considerably. Driveways are all repaved, grass is growing on the sites, trees are trimmed back. They have a nice dog park along with an agility park which was fun for my pooch. I used the laundry which was clean and in working order. Streets are wide and personnel are very efficient and friendly. There is now a waterpark for the kids. Looks like a good spot for families. We camped at Colorado Springs KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $59.00

The site we were in was wide and we had a tree for shade and there was a little grass that was struggling to grow. It was more or less level but the site was "outlined" with wooden curbs. You couldn't put down a patio mat. All in all, a nice park. It was a little pricey, I thought, but this was our 2nd stay here and we would stay again. We camped at Colorado Springs KOA in a Motorhome.

Edelweiss Restaurant for authentic German food! The Air Force Academy visitor center and self-guided tour.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $73.00

The park is great for families with children because they have lots of activities for the children. Sites are real close together and prevents having peace and quiet in your own motorhome. The sewer hook up on my site was designed wrong. The sewer dump gravity feed was hard to get because it was on a higher plane than my parking pad was. We camped at Colorado Springs KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $55.00

This park is great for families. They have a water park and other activities. We camped at Colorado Springs KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $53.00

It was a nice park for the most part. The ladies at the front desk were very strict about the rules. Our spot was nice and long with plenty of room. The Wifi was non existent and the cable TV didn't work either. We stayed a week and it was a very convenient location with good freeway access. One down side is the fact that the dumpsters were always overflowing. We camped at Colorado Springs KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $48.00

Big rig friendly with level sites. Easy access to I25. Showers, laundry, and cable were good. Wi-fi was spotty at our campsite but it was excellent at the office. We camped at Colorado Springs KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Walmart was 2 miles and Camping World was 1 mile. Shopping and restaurants were 15 minutes but easy access on I25. Colorado Springs had beautiful scenery within 30 minutes including Old Colorado City, Colorado Springs, Garden of the Gods, Pikes Peak, and Manitou Cliff Dwellers. All were worth visiting.

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $50.00

Close to highway with noise but clean well maintained campground. We did not use and of the facilities due to time of year. Level site and good interior roads. We camped at Colorado Springs KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $52.00

We've stayed here before. The staff is friendly, helpful, and efficient. This is a nice RV park. I have only two complaints: (#1) the sewer connection at our site is set in a circle of concrete that slopes downward making a tight connection impossible. I had to place my connection over the opening and put a stone over it. (the site had two large stones for this purpose, I imagine.) (#2) The Wi-Fi is Lousy! We camped at Colorado Springs KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Colorado Springs, of course, is a fairly big city where you can buy about anything you want or need. But, for most things, you need go no further than Fountain. It's a very nice little city.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $58.00

This park is a mixed bag. It definitely is a commercial park. They try to get every bang for their buck by packing in rigs. We had a "deluxe" site, which was very long but very narrow. The pad was about 9.5 feet across, but that also includes sewer that sticks out of the pad, trees on both sides, bushes, etc. Even if you have a pull through, you need to be very aware of what surrounds you so you don't scratch anything if you have a big rig. The site itself is functional. You are very close to CO Springs. The splash park is amazing. If we had kids, this is where we'd stay no questions asked. It had water slides, a splash zone and full pool. This is a functional KOA, a bit tight, but functional. It is nicer than a Journey KOA but not somewhere we'd spend a lot of time on holiday, for sure. They had more grasshoppers than we've ever seen in our lives. The "river view" was a dam that you couldn't see from the site, but it's far from the road and nicer than some other sites. If you have a big rig, ask for a spot with no bushes/trees/rocks/sewer surrounding the immediate pad. Otherwise you'll take some time to park. We camped at Colorado Springs KOA in a Motorhome.

Concrete, Gravel, Grass

Nearby, Very Close

Featured Campgrounds Near Colorado Springs KOA

Are you affiliated with Colorado Springs KOA ?