Monument RV Resort

Fruita, Colorado

607 CO-340
Fruita, Colorado 81521

• Pickleball Pickleball no

Ask fellow campers about "Monument RV Resort" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $40.00

Well maintained and clean. Paved roads and gravel sites that are pretty close. Nice and friendly staff. Wifi and cell service good. We camped at Monument RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Colorado National Monument, Dinosaur Trail, Dinosaur Journey museum, Children's Nature Center, Western slope Vietnam War memorial park

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $33.00

I enjoyed my stay at moument RV resort, as I was given a very nice back-in, water and electric site on grass next to the cabins. My rear dinette overlooked a white picket fence and the Colorado monument and my front door opened to a nice, grass area between my site and the cabins. Were my trailer not equipped with black out fan covers and window shades, I would have been very annoyed by the extremely bright street light hanging directly over my site. Location is fantastic--ything and easy access to the state park, the monument and tons of shopping. Staff was very friendly. I would not stay here in a full hookup pullthroughs, as they are way too close together and crowded with no views or outdoor space. But my back in water and electric only was great, other than the street light. We camped at Monument RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $40.00

First of all we want to thank everybody for putting reviews over here, otherwise we would never ended over here. The sites are extremely narrow but the spot is great, just a short drive to Colorado National Monument, A GEM and a must see. We hate to park opposite your neighbor; RVing is fun to see people but not that close. Free cable, good reception on the antenna. WiFi is free and good. Great little pool and an awesome hot tub. It looks like a big gravel parking lot but you are not here to be in the park all day. We camped at Monument RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Walmart just 10 miles in Grand Junction. Colorado National Monument is a must see. The state park across the road from the RV park is awesome.

Date of Stay: March, 2017 - $45.00

The facility was very very nice, clean and spacious. Good customer service. We camped at Monument RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Featured Campgrounds Near Monument RV Resort

Date of Stay: January, 2017 - $40.00

The park is nicely located and offers great convenience and a variety of places to eat. The lots are pretty tightly squeezed in and do not offer much privacy. The rules are applied discriminately to the guests but, are not followed by management or employees. The management is rude and speaks to the guests as if they (management) are not accountable. After staying a few months through winter, I decided to move my Fifth Wheel in the middle of the month. I am local and paid through the month in advance. When I moved my RV they immediately put another guest in the spot and then demanded the electric to be paid even though it was still rented by me through the end of the month. When I told them I was disappointed in the way they handled the situation they told me they were disappointed that I left. I explained that the lot was still rented by me until the end of the month and technically they were in breach, they told me I had no legal grounds to keep the space. The electric bill which by no means was exorbitant at $47 was demanded immediately despite the agreement that the bill would be at the end of the month. Poor handling of a situation by management and the trailer trash employee working behind the counter. We camped at Monument RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Don't go here. If there was a negative rating for customer service I would have given a -5.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $40.00

Typical gravel RV park, no shade, no grass, hot and dry. Wi-Fi was horrible, they kept saying it was being fixed, but never was. Had to keep going into Lowes and use theirs. But if you are liking to hike, this is the place for you. Also fast food nearby. We camped at Monument RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Grocery close by, no shopping, had to go into Grand Junction to shop.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $30.00

When checking in, we were told hot tub was open until 9, but we needed to ask the manager to lift the cover. When we went to manager at 7:50, she was rude and said it was too late. She said she was engaged in other activities (watching TV).

Internet was Non-existent.

No hot water in men's bathroom by office.

Dog fight outside our RV at 10:30 pm.

In morning , I asked for a partial credit because I did not receive all the amenities. Person at front desk refused because I didn't tell about issues when I encountered them. Was I supposed to wake her up at 10:30 pm?

Why can't places be customer oriented and credit me?

Do not stay here! We camped at Monument RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $40.00

I'm a native of this area back for a class reunion. Our first time to this park but found it to be nicer than other parks in the area. Easy to navigate with our forty foot fifth wheel despite the round about getting off the freeway. Staff friendly enough. Site was okay, with good utilities. Very small swimming pool available as well as laundry room. This is the best place to stay if you want to visit Colorado National Monument. Good park to leave your rig, take a nice drive and picnic lunch into the monument, drive thru and take pictures and make the full loop back through Grand Junction. Or take in the Dinosaur Museum right across the street. Also watch for the Peach Festval in the other end of the valley in early Septemer annually. Best peaches EVER, bar none. We camped at Monument RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $40.00

95' pull thrus! Love them. Very clean laundry area. $1.50 per wash and .50 for 20 min of drying. Gorgeous nature!

Definitely would stay here again. Didn't give a 10 because 1 tree near entrance needs trimming. We camped at Monument RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $40.00

We were recently on a long trip to California, and needed a place to spend the night to finish the last leg home back to Colorado.

Reservation process was smooth by phone, and check-in process worked fine. We requested a long pull thru site so we didn't have to unhook, and we got a site that was exactly what we asked for. There was a little confusion when we drove to the site, as wasn't sure exactly which site was ours. But that could have been due to be tired after driving all day!

Nice pull thru site, gravel, plenty long enough. We only used the 50 amp service, didn't hook up water and sewer since it was such a short stay. All worked ok.

Took advantage of the pool, which was perfect on a hot day. The bathrooms were clean, but one set of bathrooms happened to be closed while we were there for maintenance.

Wi-fi was just OK, but that is the way it is at most places. Would definitely stay here again, as park was extremely well maintained, clean,and easy to get to from the interstate. We camped at Monument RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $42.00

Nice pool to cool off in. Monument Park just up the road. Stores close by. Even though "in town" still VERY quiet. Nice hosts. Big pull-through sites. We camped at Monument RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $29.00

Camping here is poor. All roads and places to park are dirt with a lot of dust. The sites are so tight to one another it's hard to back in and the area to use for backing in has almost no room to maneuver.

I would not recommend this camp ground or come back here again. There are no sites by the lake just cut outs on the side of the mountain.

There are no fire rings or picnic tables. Our power pedestal was damaged with only 30 amp service with 110 volt plug ins. We camped at Monument RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

C
Not big enough for my travel trailer

Tight Turns, Obstacles, Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $35.00

This is Park is good for a one night stay if travelling on I70 as it is less than a mile from the interstate. Pull through full service sites are gravel and level so that you can stayed hooked hook for the night. Wifi is strong and cable offers approximately 45 channels. Pull through sites are wide enough but as someone else stated there is no defined site boundary and when we arrived the person on the next site has his toad parked partly on our site making for a tight turn. There is a small fenced gravel dog park here. We camped at Monument RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: September, 2015 - $18.00

For a shorter stay to visit the area, this park is fine and I would not hesitate to return. It is very clean and the staff is quite friendly. There are fairly short back in sites around the perimeter and in the middle, two rows of pull throughs, one row having longer (and more expensive) sites. The shorter pull throughs are alternating directions so you are facing your neighbors door yard. Because the sites have no real defining boundaries, several campers seemed to take liberties with their tow or toad parking.
The roads are paved and the sites are gravel. There are two laundry rooms and the one next to the office is much cleaner and larger than the other.
The park has a front and rear section and because we were staying a month plus, we were in the rear section. This placed us closer to the very long term residents. After the first very early wake up call of trucks firing up to head off to work, we never heard them again. The bigger challenge was the children who had no place to play but the roads in the park. Footballs do make a noise as they hit your rig and we were not thrilled with the skate boards or bicycles either. This may not bother you but it did us. Requesting the front section of the park will all but eliminate this issue.
Our Verizon phone and mi-fi worked well here.
Again, for a shorter stay in the front section, we would be happy to return. We camped at Monument RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Colorado Monument and many BLM trails are very close. The visitor center on 70 has a full dump station including potable water. The James M. Robb Colorado River State Park - Fruita Division has a great full hook up campground across the street from this cg. Fourteen day limit and not much besides the cg but great sites.

Date of Stay: July, 2015 - $38.00

It's just ok, overpriced for what they offer.

We were fooled by their website, the nice view picture hasn't been taken from the campground. Not quality type of people.

We were passing by so just stayed one night.

Definitely won't come here again.

We value kindness care and integrity more than anything and they were lacking all of these qualities :(

Wi-Fi: don't even bother.

They are absolutely not pet friendly even though they accept pets.

Find a different campground, especially if you plan on staying for some time.

It is NOT a resort. We camped at Monument RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Featured Campgrounds Near Monument RV Resort

Are you affiliated with Monument RV Resort ?