Golden, Colorado

• Hiking Hiking no
  • Horseshoe Pit Horseshoe Pit no
  • Billiards Billiards yes

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $64.00

The interior roads are blacktop and the RV pad is concrete. The bad news is that in the entire park there are at best 6 level sites. We saw motor homes with their front wheels 6 to 9 inches in the air. Once parked I almost needed a step ladder to get in the door because the lot sloped away from the concrete pad. We pulled the picnic table over to use as a step. No cable TV and only fair Internet. Surprising because I was 25 feet away from a WiFi antenna. If you have a need to stay in Golden it is the only game in town. Overpriced for what you get. We camped at Dakota Ridge RV Park in a Motorhome.

C-7

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $61.00

We travel full time in a 45 foot coach and have been traveling from 2008. So, in other words, a lot. I mention this so you know we have things to compare to. We have not idea on how this park gets good reviews. The park is rated as a Big Rig park. While we did fit, it truly is NOT setup to handle large rigs. Few sites fit a 45 foot coach here and the pads just fit the coach and you step out on rocks if you do not twist an angle on the concrete. The site they gave us, a "Pull Through" which we can not pull out of as we would not be able to make the turn as they have a light pole in the way and the site in front of you is too close as the road is too narrow. As such, this pull through site needs to be backed out of. We made mention of this to them and the answer was that they have few sites that will fit. We did tell them that the site they put us in, while we did fit, we could not pull out of and need to back out. We asked for a back in site, which is less expensive, and they said we would not fit. So not only do we still need to back out of a pull through, we needed to pay the higher price.

The site is not level, a number of them are not, and we could not use our jacks and needed to air level, good thing we have that option, as the site is so off, the jack leveling system said No Way! Then you have the sewer line that goes up hill! Yes, depending on which way you are parked, your line may be UP HILL and thus becomes an issue when it comes time to put things away as there is no way to empty the tube before you disconnect. The sites also share a common area. So your door is facing the door of your neighbor. So you have no private area. In fact, we can not even use the picnic table as it is at about a 20 degree due to tree roots. And that tree is so close and over grown that we can not use the awnings. A lot more to mention but I only get 2000 char. for this review. We camped at Dakota Ridge RV Park in a Motorhome.

C5
Concrete, Asphalt, Gravel
Not big enough for my motorhome

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches, Obstacles, Poor Conditions

We will definitely NOT stay here again and will not recommend it for any sized rig. Way too expensive for what you get. I'll be looking at the state parks from now on.

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $55.00

Very good location for 7 night stay. Clean restrooms..some showers did not get hot...close but good sites..dog area for dogs...but would be great if it was fenced so dogs could come off leash. .bags for dog waste at walk..but amazing some folks still opt not to pick up which makes it bad for us that do. Office staff very nice. Good park and would be my pick in area again. We camped at Dakota Ridge RV Park in a Motorhome.

Great location for touring area. Coors tour, school of mines museum, mother cabrina shrine, wild bill Cody museum, lookout mountain, downtown golden shops are must dos. There is also an outlet mall real close.

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $64.00

Contrary to claims this is not a big rig friendly park. Inordinate number of rules and fines. Locked trash dumpsters with $25 customer fine if trash left and scattered. Rude golf cart "police" watching for visitors who have not paid although perhaps only stopping by for a few minutes visit. $5/car plus $5/person. Overpriced rates. NONREFUNDABLE 50% reservation required. Pool and spa closed. No CATV. SATV difficult from many sites. Locals strong.

This was our favored park for many years, but it has become so crowded with too large of RVs extending into the streets, plus other vehicles also encroaching into the streets. So customer unfriendly, and so overpriced, that we no longer recommend staying there. This deterioration has been gradual over the past 4 or 5 years, but has really gotten bad over the last 2 years with the advent of rude "golf cart police" out enfircing rules with no common sense. We will not be returning after using this park for over 15 years. We camped at Dakota Ridge RV Park in a Motorhome.

E7
Not big enough for my motorhome

Tight Turns, Obstacles

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $54.00

This park has location location location. Proximity to freeways was terrific. However, No cable tv but good antenna reception. Stayed 3 nights and never able to connect to their wifi. Not as tight as some of the reviews. We backed up to a hill and their were a lot of people walking near our site to the hiking trail. We camped at Dakota Ridge RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Good location while visiting Denver and surrounding area.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $69.00

Stayed at Dakota Ridge for a week which included the Labor Day Weekend. The rates go up by $10 per day for Labor Day which I have never approved of. It bothers me that someone charges more, "Just because we can". The park is laid out well and are reasonably level. Blacktop roads and concrete pads are nice and dirt/grass between spaces. Site was barely long enough for 45' MH and tow. Sites are mostly opposing pull through so you share a patio (grass/dirt) with your neighbor which worked out for us as our neighbors were quite enjoyable. Space between coaches on utility sides is sort of tight. There is about 8 to 10 feet between our slides which is acceptable, but does not do much to enhance any view. Park is well maintained, pool, hot tub, which we did not use. Convenient access to I-70 and local shopping. However price seemed high (including Labor Day Surcharge). We would stay here again, but would probably look around more before we booked. We camped at Dakota Ridge RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $59.00

An excellent, clean, well-managed park. Check in and registration is performed by pleasant host. Escorted to your camp site. My site, H11, was long enough to accept my 40' Tiffin with my 18' enclosed trailer attached. RV'S are parked in an alternating direction so that you share a patio with a neighbor. Spaces are close together but not intrusive. FHU, 30/50A services are conveniently located. All sites are concrete and level. Picnic tables and grass patio also with some shade trees. Interior roadways are paved but a little narrow, but still navigatable. Convenient vehicle parking close by since no room for it at camp site. I would certainly camp here again. We camped at Dakota Ridge RV Park in a Motorhome.

H11
Concrete, Asphalt, Grass

Conveniently located close to historic, Golden and mall with grocery, clothing, restaurants and other shopping. Be sure to visit the Golden visitor center for your Golden ticket, a coupon that is good for a reduced fee ranging from 10% to 20%, at lots of eateries in Golden. Take the walk along Clear Creek by the visitors center. Very refreshing!! Be sure to take the free Coors Factory tour!! Also refreshing!!!

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $65.00

I gave this a ten for one simple reason. I left my wallet on the hood of my Jeep (I'm famous for stupid things like this) and it managed to stay there unbeknownst to me until I swung out of the RV park and it went flying, again unbeknownst to me. One of the staff saw this happen, retrieved the wallet, left it at registration and called my cell (which was in the rig, another good move) to tell me they had it. Got to Camping World, which is five minutes down the road, at which time I couldn't find my wallet and realized what I had done. Huge panic but a very happy ending, one I am extremely thankful for. With that said, I'd otherwise have given this place an eight. I hate that they won't accept mail and packages. I hate how they park the rigs so they share the patio area, and not a large patio area at that. If that's not your cup of tea either, I'd suggest one of the corner patio sites at the back of the park. We had K-14 and were very happy with it. I hate how the perimeter sites are too small for many of the RVs they park there so all of their toads are parked IN the street and it makes for navigating your rig a challenge. I love their showers. Spacious, real hot water and the shower head must be the same one firefighters use. I love garbage pick up in the morning. I love its convenience to Golden, such a cute town, and its proximity to Denver. The utilities worked fine, the WiFi was O.K., not great, and we had very good satellite reception. The sites have concrete pads but many of them are not flat. They had 7-8 TV channels listed in their brochure, not sure if it was cable or over the air. We camped at Dakota Ridge RV Park in a Motorhome.

K-14

Tight Turns, Obstacles

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $70.00

Rating should not be a 10, sites crowded, they charge for you car(s) , pets, and our friend is handicapped and they charged for his scooter. Laundry cost highest I have ever seen, no ice sale on property, staff not really friendly. I have workamped in RESORTS all over the country but this is NOT a resort. Stay clear if you can. We camped at Dakota Ridge RV Park in a Motorhome.

L8

Don't stay here if you have other choices.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $60.00

This stay was unpleasant from the start. We booked a 2 day stay based on a Good Sam rating. After booking, we phoned to see if we could come in 2 days early. They said they did not have any availability. I found another campground for the extra 2 days. When I showed up at Dakota Ridge on the date we had reserved we found they assumed we weren't coming. I explained that I hadn't cancelled and the manager yelled at me and said I had cancelled. He yelled that he wasn't arguing with me. Because he had space he said he would let us stay.

The roads in the park are not in good repair, the WiFi is iffy, the RV spots are crammed together and you are up close to the next RV. They charge extra for day visitors, dump station, vehicle washing and do not accept mail. The park is next to a busy road and it is very noisy at night. We won't be back. We camped at Dakota Ridge RV Park in a Motorhome.

H2

Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $59.00

We stayed 3 nights just this week at a cost of $180 for 3 nights. All the other places in the Denver area were full so we had little choice.

Pros:

Staff were nice - but we didn't have much contact with them to rave much more than this.

Grounds are clean and trash is picked up at your site by 10:00am each morning

Cons:

$180 for 3 nights. Most expensive site rent I've ever paid in 25 years of camping

Space M34 was a bad space. It is located at the back of the park, next to long-term renters. The motorcycle rider (M36) goes to work at around 6:30am. NOT the best way to wake up in the morning. The 5-ers in space (M35) leave their dogs locked up all day. Periodically barking. Leveling on the very new concrete pad, should have been easier, but for the edge drop-offs, etc. Our 3 steps were way too high so they provided a step stool. Problem is - the ground slopes down so the step stool, any step stool used, was not solid and wobbled. This is a huge accident/injury problem.

Showers are not cleaned properly. In stall 3 - for two days there was a hair in the shelves(soap dish) in the shower and a crusty q-tip that the cleaning crew didn't see? Really? They missed this twice? The soap dishes in stall 3 had soap scum build up and dust accumulation. It was gross. The grout in the shower stalls has not been scrubbed in a while and again the soap dishes had major build up. Periodic use of a bottle of Tilex would go far to improving the shower stall cleanliness. The tops of the divider walls between the shower stalls has about 1/4 of dust accumulation.

The toilet stall door was broken, and instead of actually fixing, there was a hook and eye which left an inch space for others to see me doing my business.

Wifi was sparse and was in and out during our visit. For the price we paid - internet should be screaming fast.

We will be back in the Denver area but we won't be back at this place, nor any of the other affiliated RV parks. We camped at Dakota Ridge RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

M34

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $55.00

Our site abutted onto a noisy industrial firm. Our view from the site was of ugly rusted 55 gal barrels and metal parts. Metal clanging sounds awakened us often. Sites are tight, wifi non-existent, pool and hot tub were closed for season even though temps were in mid-80s. We were charged peak season rate of about $60. When I asked manager for a rate reduction due to wifi and pool amenities not available, I was quickly informed I was wrong to ask for a reduction since all campgrounds have bad wifi and they charge peak rates into November without pool and hot tub. Very rude management. They believe the customer is always WRONG. Drive on by this place...there are other decent rv parks in the area. We camped at Dakota Ridge RV Park in a Motorhome.

Tight Turns, Poor Conditions

Drive to another rv park in Idaho Springs or Denver. The horrible customer service at this place does not merit continued patronage by rv customers.

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $52.00

This park is on a hill with narrow sites and just enough length for a 40 ft and toad. The roads in are asphalt but very narrow, the site is concrete also narrow once you are level your coach there is a big drop from last step to the ground. Grass between the sites is dead. You are buying location here and nothing more, the park has no more charm than a Walmart parking lot, but the hook-ups worked so that is a plus. We camped at Dakota Ridge RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $59.00

We've heard really good things about this park in the past, so decided to give them a shot as they are one of the only parks in the area. The location is both convenient and a downside. Very convenient to four major highways/roads, but also too close so you pick up quite a bit of road noise. There is also an industrial park adjacent to the park that begins work around 7am each morning. The roads are tight and most of the grass is dying and/or mud. For being a bit hilly (hey, they're in Colorado!) our site was very level. Sewer was quite a ways away, but the hookups seems adequate. We'd stay here again due to the location, but the rate is very, very high for what you get. We camped at Dakota Ridge RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Concrete, Asphalt

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $59.00

First of all, THANK YOU, THANK YOU to the staff and manager for helping us fit into the last, not quite big enough spot. We were booked across the road, on bad advice from the registration person at Thousand Trails. No way we fit! Dakota Ridge bent over backwards to help us out: the manager personally helped guide our 40' motorhome into the site.

I agree with other reviewers on site space and layout. This is a nice place to stay while visiting Denver. Pricey yes, but it is a city campground. We found it very like other campgrounds that are what I call "campmotels." They supply the utilities, you bring the room. Thinking of them as a motel, I can feel positively expansive about the nearness of my neighbor. We camped at Dakota Ridge RV Park in a Motorhome.

We were just overnighting, but did go to a Camping World and Super Target nearby. Turn right out of campground, on the right several blocks down.

Are you affiliated with Dakota Ridge RV Park?