Dakota Ridge RV Park

Golden, Colorado 80401

Latitude: 39.71967
Longitude: -105.20177

• Group Kitchen Group Kitchen yes

Ask fellow campers about "Dakota Ridge RV Park" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: October, 2018 - $54.00

We stayed here because I was booking at the last minute and the local parks were full. We paid the peak season rate even though the pool and hot tub were closed. There's a lot of traffice noise from several highways surrounding it. The shower was one of the best I've had with individual rooms, good pressure and temperature regulation. Our site was level but difficult to wiggle our 25' View into. A nice park but a bit pricey. There's a path up to a big grassy area to run dogs. We camped at Dakota Ridge RV Park in a Motorhome.

A13
Concrete, Grass

Date of Stay: October, 2018 - $38.00

This is our second stay here. Always friendly, highly recommend. Beautiful area. We camped at Dakota Ridge RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $54.00

I think they may be under new to us ownership. I have always gotten a nice level spot, sadly not this time. The really nice young lady at the front desk would check powers that be to C if I could get a better spot. No one came to the rig. We were there for 4 nights. Its a nice park Great facilities. They pick up your garbage daily. No recycling available that we could see. The staff are decent folks but not as friendly as we remember. We camped at Dakota Ridge RV Park in a Motorhome.

m-29

Stay away from the front as theres a noisy bar (does have good food and beer) across the road till late

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $75.00

I stayed 10 nights in a 40' motor home with toad. Length of site was acceptable. Sewer hookups for even numbered sites (I had G2), were up hill and I had to hand drain the line. Restrooms and showers were clean. Laundry was large and nice. Had no problems checking in or with service (although I had almost no interaction). Thought $75 was a little pricey. Nice location for area site seeing. Access into Denver by light rail was easy and cheap ($2.60 for senior). Would stay again. We camped at Dakota Ridge RV Park in a Motorhome.

G2

Light Rail access is at Jefferson County Government Building and makes access to downtown Denver convenient. 16th St Mall is cool. Also went to Rockies Game. A great area for scenic drives, hiking, Coors Brewery tour and downtown Golden.

Featured Campgrounds Near Dakota Ridge RV Park

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $65.00

I was in the area for a wedding and stayed three days. The area is beautiful, that must the reason for the highest nightly fee I have ever paid. I have a 39'5th wheel and this place is TIGHT! Roads are narrow and there is no good parking for your vehicles. So, everyone with a big rig takes up all their space and some have to park their vehicles sideways in front of their rigs. There is no room for error, make sure you have someone watching for rear end swing as you pull in. Everywhere I looked there is a fee. $25 for a wash permit to clean your rig, $5 permit for each visitor or carload. Seems to be a nickel and dime outfit. Lots and lots of rules. Across the street is a great restaurant, Dirty Dogs. I ate there twice, both times I loved it, great food! But, they have live music and lots of motorcycles as it's a biker bar. So, if you are close to the street, it will be loud I suspect. I wasn't. No dog park. Two dog "walks." That is a small strip of grass with no place to sit for the owners. I had two tenants who had been there for weeks complain the managers were "arrogant." I didn't experience that, but other than checking in I had no interaction with them. The highlight was on the day of the wedding. The water was off all day without warning in my section of the park. For $65 I expect water. Can't recommend this place. We camped at Dakota Ridge RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

D5

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $75.00

Horrible, horrible place. The biker bar across the street and jake brakes trucks on the street will ruin your stay if the office staff doesn't finish you off first. After traveling the country for two years we have never been treated more rudely anywhere. If you can stay anywhere else in the Denver area we highly recommend you seek out other locations! We camped at Dakota Ridge RV Park in a Motorhome.

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches

Stay away from this campground and until their office staff is replaced. Otherwise try to stay away from the office!!

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $65.00

Tight Tight Tight spaces for Big Rigs! Poorly maintained pads. Our concrete was cracked and broken ALL over and common areas full of huge tree roots and tree stumps from dead trees. Many sites are VERY unlevel. Utility boxes are old and broken. They allow cars to park in the roads between sites which makes for hard maneuvering. Biker bar across street causes major issues with loud music if you are on the side in front of the office. Small pool. This is a really old park. I would not recommend even for an overnight if you have any RV over 35 feet. All pull thru sites are buddy sites, so you share your common area which is very small. We camped at Dakota Ridge RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Concrete, Asphalt, Gravel, Dirt, Sand, Grass
Not big enough for my 5th wheel

Tight Turns, Obstacles, Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $55.00

This was the worst RV Park experience I've ever had. I arrived after an 8 hour drive from Albuquerque. They charged my credit card and then led me to my trailer site and I backed in and set everything up. I ran down the street to Camping World to get some supplies and when I returned, the night manager and another trailer were sitting in front of my trailer looking upset. They told me that I was parked in their space and had to move. I said that this was the space that they led me to and I made my reservation 2 months in advance. They told me that they don't reserve particular spaces and I had to move. I asked where I was supposed to move to and they showed me the "overflow" space right next to where I was. On the map it shows the this space as the dog walk and there were obvious signs of much peeing and pooping on the grass. I said that I'm not paying $175 to park 3 nights in the dog toilet. Then I was told that was the only space remaining. I said if you don't reserve particular spaces for anyone, then why does this other trailer get the space that you put me in? They said it was because they are staying 10 nights for $600. So after much yelling and screaming with the front desk, I demanded my money back and left. Never, ever stay at this RV Park! I ended up having to stay in a parking lot since all other RV parks in the Denver metro were full. We camped at Dakota Ridge RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $70.00

Overall park is very clean and the staff is very friendly. Now for the sad part. The park is run like a Prison Camp with owners treating guests like it is their privilege to park there. Rates are extremely high for a park with no cable, poor internet, and camping spots that are so small that RV damage is almost expected getting in and out of your site. Also, in my two week stay they moved me 4 different times for no reason they could articulate?? They charge extra for anything they can, so be prepared if you have an extra vehicle or family member. Bottom line, if you read all the reviews and still stay there, it is on you. I made that mistake but never again. WalMart parking lot would be an upgrade to this money hungry RV park. We camped at Dakota Ridge RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Not big enough for my 5th wheel

Tight Turns, Obstacles

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $77.00

This place is great for location to hiking trails but a little pricey. The site pads are concrete and level but the other areas of the site is inclined so having a level spot for chairs, grills, and tables is a challenge. We camped at Dakota Ridge RV Park in a Motorhome.

nrb

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $69.00

As a last resort, as all the preferred area sites were booked, we got the last site (K3) at Dakota Ridge. Sites are very close together and open. No privacy at all. But worst, the sites are not level. K3 was pitched about 10º side to side. I tried about 10 times at different locations on the site to level but my computerized leveling system kept failing with excess slope, even with the rear wheel about 5" off the ground. I asked the owners for help and they sent 2 broken pieces of 2x4, which still did not help. When I told them about the slope, they said nothing in Golden is level. Hmmm. Had to leave. We camped at Dakota Ridge RV Park in a Motorhome.

K3

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $70.00

Park has changed hands to RV Inn as management company but based on experience at another RV Inn property, this is not the problem. Management has terrible attitude and that trickles down to other employees. We stayed here in 2014 and service was great. First about the park. Sites are very tight for us in 40 ft fifth wheel. We would have hit another rig with tail swing if we had blindly followed the escort cart. My wife spotted so we avoided that. Fifth wheel that came in four days later followed the escort vehicle and did hit another rig with tail swing and split back cap open. Sites are short and close. Roads are very tight. We noticed picnic area up the side of the hill closed and overgrown, dump station closed, hot tub closed, dumpsters pad locked shut so you couldn't use them at your leisure, and damage to exterior of office that was addressed with duct tape. In short, they are not taking care of the place. Staff attitude rude and confrontational. I needed carpet cleaned and called a week ahead of time to make sure it was OK. I asked if they had anyone to recommend and the lady said they use Stanley Steamer. I don't like them and she said I could use whoever I wanted. I schedule for the following week with another vendor. I prepared our rig and the tech arrived and started work. About half way through a park employee approached on a golf cart and said to tell the tech to come outside. The park employee did not even talk to me. He told the tech he was trespassing and would have to leave. Threatened to call the police. I contacted the manager who told me that's the way it is. He said they had to prove insurance, etc. even though park policies specifically absolve or all liability for all persons on property. My carpet cleaner had to leave with job half completed even though the park said I could use whoever I wanted. I hope to never need to stay here again. Also, if you have a guest for any period of time it is $5 per day and $5 for the car. So one guest for one night in one car is $20. I encourage all to look for another option. We camped at Dakota Ridge RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

D5

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches, Obstacles

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $60.00

Shoe horned in. Have to share picnic table area between sites. Overly regulated. Only stay here because there is no where else around Denver. We camped at Dakota Ridge RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

L6

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $54.00

I recommend you avoid Dakota Ridge if at all possible. I won't bore you with the play by play of our terrible and abusive experience. We arrived at 12:50 with a reservation with a 1:00 check in. Someone was in the space, so we were forced to wait until 2:45 to park. The front office people were trying, but the Manager was abusive, yelling and totally out of line. His staff apologized many times for the way he treated us. At one point he suggested they put me on the phone with the person in the space and work something out. NO! In the end, we did not feel safe to leave our rig unattended so decided to leave and forfeit the one night stay $'s. There are many complaints about this Manager and now I know why. I cannot endorse or condone a business that treats customers this way. We camped at Dakota Ridge RV Park in a Motorhome.

M2
Concrete, Asphalt, Gravel, Dirt, Grass
Not big enough for my motorhome

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $65.00

This is a nice place to stay in/near Denver. Sites were very close together. You do share a common space with the folks next to you. It was close to Golden, and easy trip to Denver to visit relatives daily near Wash Park. No dog park but we did take the trail up the hill to a nice area where our dog could be off leash. Quiet RV park too. Close to shopping, Camping World, etc. We camped at Dakota Ridge RV Park in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Dakota Ridge RV Park

Are you affiliated with Dakota Ridge RV Park ?