River Dance RV Resort

6700 US-6
Gypsum, Colorado 81637

• Full Hookup Full Hookup no
  • Sewer Sewer no

Ask fellow campers about "River Dance RV Resort" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $35.00

This park is right off I70, 35 miles from Vail. No available RV parks in this area anywhere! So we were happy to snag it. That being said, it's pretty rough...electric had low voltage (but we had no trouble), water pressure was terrible and no sewer! It's a base to visit Vail but NO frills, no grass and you MUST cover yourself and RV because the ants would carry you away. Views in all directions were awesome! We camped at River Dance RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Gravel, Dirt, Sand

Vail Village and ski lift was a wonderful day excursion

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $38.00

This one of those parks [thankfully, rare] where the staff treats you like an inconvenience rather than a welcome guest. This place is on a river so I guess that's what you are paying for. Water and electric only and, from what I've read, the water may not be usable. I didn't use it. Gravel sites, unlevel, barking dogs late at night and lots of road traffic. Verizon signal OK. Would probably not stay here again. We camped at River Dance RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $42.00

Stopped here one night on our way west. Clean campground, and facilities were clean and updated. Not much road noise even though its near I-70. Some sites face the rushing river, but most seem to be taken up by permanent residents. If you arrive at night, there is no lighted signage on the frontage road , so just listen to your GPS and look for some RV's. When we tried to leave the next day, the office was not occupied until 9:00 (no way to pay after hours), and they had problems with their Wi-Fi and tablet, so couldn't pay with card and had to go back to the RV for cash. Wish there was a way to pay after hours (night deposit & envelopes, camp host, etc.). We camped at River Dance RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $38.00

Pulled in at 3:00 in the afternoon and the office was locked and empty. I was getting ready to call and the owner(?) showed up and checked us in. He was out working on the outside deck. Gravel roads and sites with no sewer hookup. I always run the water before I hookup my hose and it looked like coffee... cleared up after a minute, so I hooked up the hose. Later that night my wife asked if I dumped coffee in the toilet because it looked like coffee again. Nope, really bad water... I used the on site restroom in the morning and the toilets had, you guessed it coffee. Wish I had driven the 20 more miles west, much nicer camping! I would stay at another campground. We camped at River Dance RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Featured Campgrounds Near River Dance RV Resort

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $18.00

Smaller campground with very narrow interior roads. Sites are not level but you can level a rig without much problem. No sewer. Water turned a nasty brown in the morning and the office guy (who by the way, was never there) said that happens sometime but it's still " good to drink". We didn't and we now have to swap out our water filter. Won't return. We camped at River Dance RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $40.00

This is a good stop on I-70. It's a well kept rustic park along a rushing stream. I gave the service a 2 because there was no management on site although he was accessible by phone. Wifi was good. No reservations were accepted, just first come first served. I'd stay here again. We camped at River Dance RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Costco is only a few miles away.

2 campers found this review helpful. Do you? Yes No Undo

Date of Stay: May, 2016 - $35.00

This park was shall we say "interesting". We have a 40' Motorhome and when I pulled in I thought oh oh and the interior appeared narrow and from where I parked I wasn't sure I could get out. That and there was no one in the office and it seemed like no one was about. Finally we found a live person who could check us in. There is a nice office/club house with a nice deck and fire pit. The rest of the park had mostly permanent and seasonal residents but they were clustered at one end. The interior roads proved fine for our size and our site was adequate but was a bit short. Gravel throughout. It was OK for one night and we probably stay again on a future trip. We camped at River Dance RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Double check directions as our GPS did not do well to get us there.

Date of Stay: April, 2016 - $40.00

This place has potential. It is in a beautiful setting. There is a wonderful deck off the back of the office. The grounds are nicely laid out. Trees have been planted. Restrooms & showers are nice & individual rooms. No sewer hookup at sites but the dump station is easy access. The sites are far from level. I'm not sure why they are adamant about using pads under levelers since this asphalt is not worth saving. The grounds map shows a river front lounge area but we did not check this out. There are not many RV park options in this area. This is an option with easy access from I-70. We camped at River Dance RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: September, 2015 - $38.00

Rather rundown campground sandwiched between I-70 with its attendant truck noise and the Eagle river. Reasonable asphalt access roads. Sites are badly worn with uneven asphalt and minimal landscaping. Oddly jack pads are required. Sites were mostly level with picnic table and fire ring. Power OK (but no A/C loading), did not use water (but we were warned about fluctuating water pressure), no sewer. WiFi is rather pitiful - poor signal strength and long page loads (sometimes several minutes). Verizon is no real alternative - one or 2 bars mostly 3G with occasional LTE connection and very slow speed. No issue with satellite access. We would consider staying here again for an overnight, but no more. We camped at River Dance RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2015 - $38.00

This is an interesting RV Park in between Grand Junction and Dillon on Highway 70. an area with not much choice of places to stay the night. The positives: the setting is beautiful with the Eagle river within an easy walk. The sites are easy to drive into,and are reasonably level. The negative: No WiFi unless you go sit out side the office. Verizon hot spot is poor, so anything other than getting mail on the Internet proved impossible for us. There are no sewer hookups available, so if you wish to dump, you must use dump station. The management insist you use leveling blocks, probably to protect the ageing asphalt pads, and threatens a hefty fine if you do not use them. The park is OK for a place to stay, but the price seems excessive for what is offered; we probably will not stay here again. We camped at River Dance RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2015 - $38.00

This park is rather plain but does have everything necessary for a comfortable overnight stay. The showers were amazing; large single locking rooms and exceptionally clean and well maintained. The were quite a few permanent campers but the park was neat and clean. It was close to the interstate so there was some traffic noise. Our site was gravel but level and long enough so that we didn't have to unhook for overnight. It was plenty wide enough for our slides. We camped at River Dance RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: June, 2015 - $38.00

Beautiful site near the Eagle River and in a valley. Very rustic. Campground had several fountains but they were dry. Restrooms were a commercial modular building of good size and design and were clean. Only two showers and two restrooms could form a line. Some pull-throughs had a thin layer of blacktop and campers were warned to use blocks. Most were fairly level. T-Mobile and Verizon signals were available but slow. Very close to I-70 with much traffic noise. No TV can be a good thing. Water and 50/30 amps were adequate. Expensive for a place to park. We camped at River Dance RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Gravel, Dirt, Sand

Date of Stay: August, 2014 - $36.00

Without a lot of choices in this area, especially for big rigs, this park serves a need. The location is great; next to a stream, right off the Interstate and just a short ride from the exit. Apparently this park was owned by a couple of brothers that didn’t always agree on things so it’s now operated by a manager for (I think) the folks that held the mortgage. There are a lot of regulars here and the manager hangs with a few of them. If he doesn’t answer the phone, he’s probably with them. Feel free to pull into the site of your choice and settle up with him later. The facility lacks a few things that make your stay here less than optimal. There’s no sewer hookup, but there is a dump station. For a short stay that’s no problem, but moving to dump on long stays is a PITA. The Wi-Fi is typical campground – lousy at best. What makes this worse is the lack of cell signals. With Verizon there are times when you might be able to make a phone call, but data access was non-existent. For the question “Would you stay here again?”, the honest answer is – For lack of an alternative, probably. We camped at River Dance RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2014 - $35.00

There is easy access off I-70 to the park. A great park for a base camp or to stop while traveling through. Park is very close to the river but sites are not directly on it. The park is clean and well maintained. Staff is friendly. I have to agree with other contributors. The major drawback for us is was there was no WIFI, sewer connection, or cable. Considering that, I think the prices were high. However, there are few campgrounds around so campers don't have a lot of choices. The river does have trout and the catch and release rule is posted. We did have some flies, but a light coating of insect repellent deterred them. I would stay there again if traveling through and needed a place for the night. We camped at River Dance RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: October, 2013 - $38.00

Family owned. Very rustic. Enjoyed the scenery In a canyon in the Rockies-right along side the Eagle River. Site was level pull-thru No sewer--but there was a dump station. Short walk to the river. Several fisherman in the area-walking to and from the river. Would stay here again, when traveling thru. We camped at River Dance RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near River Dance RV Resort

Are you affiliated with River Dance RV Resort ?