Circle The Wagons RV Park

La Veta, Colorado

Recent Rate: $30 8/2014

• yes-stream Waterfront

Redbird One

We stayed one night. Very nice campground with the sites spaced apart. Wi-Fi worked so-so. The sites are gravel with nice spacing and easy back in . There are some very nice sites right on a creek. The owners were very friendly. Lots of beautiful scenery and a nice little town with a good coffee shop and a few restaurants. Would definitely stay here again. We camped at Circle The Wagons RV Park in a Motorhome.

Allan wager

My wife and two kids just stayed here a week and the park is very clean with a very welcoming staff. Everything was well taken care of. All of the sites are easy to get in and out of and are clean and level. The folks running this campground are super nice and obviously have more than a little knowledge about RVing. I only hope they have an opening the next time we pass through southeastern Colorado! Great park, guys! We camped at Circle The Wagons RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

User3571

We stayed for a week with a wonderful shaded spot by the river (in the back of the campsite). Gravel spots seemed to be level. The bathroom facilities were very clean as was the shower area. The laundry facility was very nice and used non commercial type dryers which didn't over dry the clothes. It is a small campground with a very nice fire pit and plenty of seating/lounging areas around the area, and a dog park, but the park offers no activities for children, which would be the only negative I can report on. The owners were very friendly and extremely helpful and knowledgeable about surrounding areas and things to see and do. We even got local wildlife visitors on a few days/evenings. Deer and an occasional bear. The only reason I didn't rate it a 10 was because of no pool or activities. We camped at Circle The Wagons RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

golfkitty

The owners are super nice, efficient, and helpful. We stayed in a 50 amp site on the river (stream) which had no shade whatsoever but was a nice place to hear the sounds of the stream. Sites in the interior section have nice mature trees for shade. All of the sites are gravel and seem to be level. My only negative comment is that the roadways are gravel and kick up lots of dust. The little town of La Veta is cute with several good restaurants/cafes. We camped at Circle The Wagons RV Park in a Motorhome.

Impulse RV

What a gem! This a such a hidden little secret. Flat, gravel sites, lots of trees, creek running through one side of the campground. The folks that run the place are really nice and very accommodating. They have a large number of DVDs in their office to check out for free, covering every movie type you could want. Their bathhouse is incredibly clean, as is their laundry room and game room. The game room is full of games and books to check out or swap. The Wi-Fi worked well. It is just a short walk into town, which has a great museum, ice cream, gift shops, etc. There are deer everywhere in town and in the campground. What else can I say...A great little gem. We camped at Circle The Wagons RV Park in a Motorhome.

PanAmPatti

Things have definitely changed from an other review back in 2004 that I saw on Google+. First of all it USED TO BE part of a Motel, Restaurant & RV campground. The Circle the Wagons RV Park is NOW ONLY an RV Park about 1/4 mile past the Motel / RV park which is ugly and has the name. Be careful. There is a world of difference. It's easy to mix up two different campgrounds - the other campground & Circle the Wagons due to GPS. We pulled into the campground first, by mistake. No one was in the office so I started to go to the restaurant building where the sign said CLOSED. A man came out & I asked him if he knew where we could park. He told us the site number & said we could pay later. When we got hooked up I still was unable to see anyone around & I needed the Password for the internet so I called the phone number found in my Good Sam App for Circle the Wagons. I needed to leave a message. The call was returned within 15 min by a very nice lady & during our conversation we discovered that we were at the other campground and not in the Circle the Wagons RV Park which is only 1/4 mile, or less further south on route # 12 (aka 2nd St). We quickly unplugged & beat it over to the Circle the Wagons RV Park which is lovely. Lots of trees. wide sites, mostly quite level, great internet signal, friendly owner which hasn't yet been here a year. She explained why the mix up between the two campgrounds which I needn't go into here. Just be sure you don't pull into the other campground when you have this better choice. I have no idea of the cost for the other campground. There was no one to ask & I don't even know if they had internet. The 30 amp site at Circle the Wagons was $29.60 including tax & a 78 cents charge for using a credit card. It is NOT a Good Sam Park yet but should be because of it's amenities & cleanliness. Our site #3 was a back-in with a small river behind us...a quickly moving river so no mosquitoes. A big storm came in & we lost power, but it was fixed within 1/2 hr. We were in a travel a travel trailer & WOULD definitely stay here again. This time we were just passing through & only stayed one night. I'm SO glad we moved from the other campground. We camped at Circle The Wagons RV Park in a Motorhome.

5rhauler

This is a friendly quiet family run park. The owners are the best, and having recently purchased the park are working daily to make it even nicer. Deer daily in the park and a great dog run. Although there are no pull thru sites the road is so wide with sweeping turns that I easily backed in our 38' fifth wheel. We will definitely visit again when we are in the area. We camped at Circle The Wagons RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

ggimlick

I'd give this a 10, but since it doesn't have cable or pull-throughs, I figured some would take issue with it. The new owners have only been here a month, but have have done a great amount of work. Everything has a fresh coat of paint; all sites are well groomed with fresh gravel everywhere, with grass between sites. Sites are level, and hookups are excellent. Very helpful owners. Nicely treed with plenty of clearance for rigs with some sites open without trees. 50 and 30 amp available with clean power. 50 amp sites all back up to babbling brook. We loved our stay and will definitely return. Great mountain views from sites. A great experience. This is a quaint, quiet campground, not a resort. Close to lots of things for day trips. Don't miss the Great Sand Dunes Nat'l Park an hour away. I'd praise it even more, but I want my site available when I return......just kidding, we love it. We camped at Circle The Wagons RV Park in a Motorhome.

User2171

We went to La Veta for a century bike ride and stayed at Circle the Wagons. The park was spotless and the showers and bathrooms were clean and comfortable. But the best part was the owners. This couple went out of their way to make an accommodation for us that not many RV park owners would tackle. We loved this place, the town and the scenery. Would definitely return. We camped at Circle The Wagons RV Park in a Motorhome.

B&H

The rate reflects a weekly stay. The campground is located about three blocks off the main highway. It’s not an impressive three blocks, but once you get in the campground you will find good gravel roads and generous, gravel sites with room to maneuver. We were backed up to the river in a level, 50amp full hookup site. There are nice shade trees but we were able to find our satellite by putting the dish to the front of the site. There are good washers and dryers in the laundry room and they are free. Cell service and service for our internet card was good. The only negative was that the security light in our section of the park wasn’t working so it was very dark in our corner. Actually that was a plus when the stars were out at night. We wouldn’t hesitate to come again. We camped at Circle The Wagons RV Park in a Motorhome.

User2152

This is a quiet, clean, friendly campground with some sites with larger trees for shade. The owner is very nice. Videos are loaned for free and the laundry is free, also. We only stayed one night, but we would come back if we were in the area. We camped at Circle The Wagons RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Cactus Jack

Peace and quiet! Most sites have large trees. Bring your hummingbird feeder! Nice room between sites. Grass - good for this part of the world. Good power level and good water pressure. Wi-Fi always worked. Very nice area. We'll certainly come back! We used satellite dish and had no problem getting signal through the trees. We camped at Circle The Wagons RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

RFCN2

I know others have rating this park way high. I do like this park, but cannot go along with the really high ratings. The people running the park and the very friendly people staying here are the reason I am rating it as high as I do. On the positive side it is 1. Fairly quiet. 2. Friendly people. But 1. No pull throughs. 2. I had 30 amp power and I requested 50 amp well in advance 3. Funky part of town. 4. Wi-Fi did not work at our site at all. This is not a bad place, but there is no way to rate it really high based on our stay. We camped at Circle The Wagons RV Park in a Motorhome.

TXBF

Wonderful park, owners, helpers and campers! We enjoyed the views and quiet surroundings. Nice clubhouse, libraries and laundry. Glad we stayed here a week. We camped at Circle The Wagons RV Park in a Motorhome.

mackerman

Nice park, easy to get to from Hwy 12. Entry road and park have gravel roadways but was well maintained. Very friendly owner on site. The park itself was quite clean and well maintained. Glass, paper, and aluminum recycling on premises. Note that not all sites have 50amp service, so if you must have 50 amps, be sure to specify this when you call for reservations. We stayed in site 40 with a 40' motorhome and toad. We would visit here again. We camped at Circle The Wagons RV Park in a Motorhome.

Lone Duck Campground

Cascade, Colorado

Alpen Rose RV Park

Durango, Colorado

Lathrop State Park

Walsenburg, Colorado

Are you affiliated with Circle The Wagons RV Park ?