Lamar Sportsman's RV Center and Horse Motel

Recent Rate: $26 8/2016

• Corral Corral yes
  • ATT Cellular Phone Providers Cellular Phone Providers ATT

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $26.00

We have been staying in this park off and on for the past five years. It does seem to have fallen on some hard times this year. While not dirty, the showers and bathrooms were not exceptionally clean either. This has always been a RV park of convenience, but not again. We camped at Lamar Sportsman's RV Center and Horse Motel in a Travel Trailer.

Not bad if you have to stay in Lamar.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $37.00

I have to say that I didn't stay at this park. I had looked at past reviews and because I was passing through the area for the first time, planned to stay here for the night. I called ahead of time and asked for a pull through with full hook-ups. The guy I talked to indicated that that would not be a problem.

When I arrived at about 3PM I was met in the office by a lady who told me to just go pick a site and let her know which one I took. I asked if they had cable TV and she said she wasn't sure but she knew that some campers used satellite dishes, not a warm feeling. We agreed in the office that I would take site 39 on the end near the exit. I drove around from the office to the site and found that it was to short for my 36' MH with out disconnecting my tow. I then circled the campground and found that ALL sites were to short. I returned to the office and explained that I couldn't find a site. The lady said why don't you take off your tow? I asked for a refund and left. I'll never stop here again. We camped at Lamar Sportsman's RV Center and Horse Motel in a Motorhome.

Not big enough for my motorhome

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $37.00

We had stayed here before, but the place has gone downhill and the price has gone up.

Fairly level gravel FHU site, but interior roads are poor. Management doesn't seem to care where or how you park as long as you pay first.

We will not be staying here again. We camped at Lamar Sportsman's RV Center and Horse Motel in a Fifth Wheel.

C Row

Poor Conditions

There is a new Wal-Mart at the Southeast corner of town. Best fuel prices are at Loaf & Jug, but access is tight (We fueled without the trailer).

Date of Stay: September, 2015 - $33.00

Stayed but one night, was just passing through. Few trees so somewhat windy but this is the Plains. Level pull through site but there was dampness around several sites which had been graveled over, ours included. That made hooking up a bit of chore. Something was leaking, have no idea what but there was no sewer smell so it must be alright. Easy to access. It is an OK place if just passing through and you need a night to rest. We camped at Lamar Sportsman's RV Center and Horse Motel in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2015 - $28.00

This park is a work in progress for the new owners. They are nice; I hope it is not beyond them. Everyone has been posting about water. It appears to be ground water that is percolating up through the soil. In rural farm terms it is called ponding which can take acres out of production. On the farm it indicates that drain tiles are broken and need to be replaced. I think it is the same here. It needs fixing asap. There is some standing water but the bigger problem is the saturated soil that encompasses many sites.

We did a walk about and picked our site because it was dry.

The office was closed with a call number on the door when we arrived at 1:00pm. The owner arrived about 30mins after call. Once registered, he left again. The office was dark and dingy with no services offered.

The park is not dirty, nor are the horse barns. It is just untidy, junky, messy take your pick. The grounds need tending which is not being done. There are weeks of daily upkeep behind. A big dumpster and a all hands clean up day would go a long way. Even the flagpoles are empty. How hard would it be? This park gives an unattractive first impression that never gets better. The permanent residents appear to be firmly entrenched, not transient workers, not out of state plates. Some are unsettling at best.

There is a pool that probably looks good in season, but now, almost October, needs to be drained and covered. It is an eye sore. Some flowers, landscaping, and lighting would go a long way. Not happening.

The bathrooms are old KOA style and are adequately clean, as are the showers. Saw no reason not to use them. There is also a small laundry.

The park would be better lit at night if some bulbs were replaced.

Previous posts mentioned older kids, I'd put them to work. There needs to be a lot of effort here. I wish them well. We'll not be back to see the effort bear fruit. We camped at Lamar Sportsman's RV Center and Horse Motel in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2015 - $30.00

We stayed one night while passing through (going from Texas to Colorado). We usually stay at a different park in Lamar but decided to try this one since I heard it was under new ownership. Wow - what a mistake. First of all, the service was horrible. The kid (and I do mean kid - only about 13 years old) took my money and said OK - find a place and help yourself. I asked if could tell me which sites were empty so before I started driving around looking for one and he said he didn't know. I could see through the window that it was fairly full (not sure why). So I drove around looking for a site. The sites that were open were soggy wet and the water had been standing for a while so there is definitely a drainage problem. Plus the area smelled like sewer. (Yes, it is a horse motel, and that is a totally different smell.) The sites are very short and very close together. Finally it appeared they had installed new power pedestals and sewer hookups - kudos to them. The power pedestals were fine - no issues. However the sewer hookups are about 9 inches above the dirt. The sewer hookup on my RV is fairly low and near the front of my rig. Since my site was unlevel I had lowered the front of my rig to even it up. That made the sewer hookup almost uphill. Needless to say I didn't get my tanks dumped well before I left. We will NOT stay there again. We camped at Lamar Sportsman's RV Center and Horse Motel in a Fifth Wheel.

Not sure

Ahh nothing - this is Lamar Colorado there is nothing to do there - just pass through quickly.

Date of Stay: July, 2015 - $37.00

Sites very wet, lots of standing moldy smelly water. It was not rain water. Sites were large enough for our 41 ft motorhome and tow vehicle without unhooking. Water pressure and 50 amp worked fine. Did not put jacks down because of muddy conditions. Probably won't stop here again. We camped at Lamar Sportsman's RV Center and Horse Motel in a Motorhome.

F 40

Date of Stay: June, 2015 - $28.00

Sites are not well maintained. Some of the hookup areas have standing water, some of it mossy. Few level sites. Lots of flies. Have stayed here before and was pleased. I won't be coming back.

Very friendly staff. We camped at Lamar Sportsman's RV Center and Horse Motel in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2015 - $33.00

Nor that much to look at but its convenient for passing through. Level sites, functioning hookups. Roads gravel and not too rough. Pool looked nice but didn't use. Couldn't get wifi to work but had a good Verizon signal so didn't bother. When the wind is right you can definitely tell what the big economic activity is. I think its a bit pricey for what you get with a perfectly good Walmart in town (I gotta get an inverter for this new residential refrigerator). We camped at Lamar Sportsman's RV Center and Horse Motel in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2014 - $22.00

This park is easy to find. The owners very nice and help you to your site. Everything is clean and it was quiet. Pads are level gray rocks and there is plenty of room for any size camper. There is a swimming pool. There were no horses in the barns that night. There are restaurants about one mile away on Hwy. 50. We would stay here again. We camped at Lamar Sportsman's RV Center and Horse Motel in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: July, 2014 - $34.00

Good wifi, very friendly staff, nice pool, nice horse barn with runs, level pull through sites but fairly short. Surrounded by feedlots, but this whole area is feedlots. Good overnight stay. We camped at Lamar Sportsman's RV Center and Horse Motel in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: April, 2014 - $20.00

Nice little campground for an overnight stay. Owner was very friendly and helpful. Good Wi-Fi. Well kept grounds. Easy to find. We would stay here again. We camped at Lamar Sportsman's RV Center and Horse Motel in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: June, 2013 - $28.00

My comments are similar to the ones already posted except that on our departure day the wind shifted to the North West and brought the odor of a cattle feed lot next door into the park. For a one night pass through it was OK, but I wouldn't want to have an extended stay. The staff were friendly and helpful, but I thought that having a beauty salon in the office was weird. We camped at Lamar Sportsman's RV Center and Horse Motel in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: May, 2013 - $35.00

This is a former KOA campground. New owners are slowly making improvements. Bathrooms were clean but in the process of being remodeled when we were there. Sites are level and all were pull through sites. As one reviewer commented they are a bit short so if you are pulling a vehicle you may need to disconnect. We have a 36' motorhome and pull a car and found that to be the case. Park was clean, quiet and a good choice for overnight. There is a large 24/hr. Travel Plaza about 1 mile from the park where you can get fuel and other supplies. We paid $35/night, which included Good Sams discount. This was the posted rate so I assume rates have been raised for the season compared to the rates listed by previous reviewers. We would stay here again when passing through. We camped at Lamar Sportsman's RV Center and Horse Motel in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2012 - $22.00

This park was pretty close to the highway. We parked in space 43 way in the back corner and did not hear much highway noise. Most of the spaces are pull-through. $22 with a Good Sam card. Everything we used worked okay. There was dog waste everywhere. You had to be very careful about where you stepped. There is a horse barn where you can park your horse for the night. I had to do some light levelling since the space tilted slightly toward the front. From the shape and design of the office, it looks like it could have been a KOA many years ago. A very nice lady checked us in. If I was passing this way again and needed a one-nighter I would probably stay here again. We camped at Lamar Sportsman's RV Center and Horse Motel in a Travel Trailer.

Gunsmoke RV Park

Dodge City, Kansas

Lamar Elks Lodge #1319

Lamar, Colorado

Are you affiliated with Lamar Sportsman's RV Center and Horse Motel?