Lamar, Colorado

• Walking Trail(s) Walking Trail(s) no
  • Horseshoe Pit Horseshoe Pit no

Ask a Question About Lamar Sportsman's RV Center and Horse Motel

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $35.00

Office building under repair from electrical fire last winter. Everything freshly painted. Laundromat needs some cleaning. Pull-through sites are short but the driveways are wide so if you hangover a little bit, no biggie. There is an aroma around horse stable area, but we are in horse country, right? Pool is clean and was being used by a number of campers. Didn't use restrooms but I did look and they looked lived in but usable. We camped at Lamar Sportsman's RV Center and Horse Motel in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $40.00

I think the best way to describe this park is scruffy - its not dirty or overly junked up. Its redeeming qualities are utilities (including wifi) and being far enough from the highway road noise isn't an issue. If thats worth what they charge to you, go for it. Easy access, gravel roads, level gravel sites. Big rigs will fit some sites but barely. Same thing with the internal roads, ok to manuever even big rigs but not much room to spare. Thats helped by the many long-term residents being considerate of keeping their multiple vehicles out of the way. We camped at Lamar Sportsman's RV Center and Horse Motel in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $43.00

They only take cash or check. They say sites are pull through but were really too short. Went to check the site first and there were trucks parked everywhere. There were several men outside saying "we don't have a place for you. " We didn't stay there. This is one I would bypass! We camped at Lamar Sportsman's RV Center and Horse Motel in a Motorhome.

Not big enough for my motorhome

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $32.00

Don't let other reviews scare you away. Park doesn't look like much, but it's actually more than fine for one night. Level gravel site, long enough so we didn't have to unhook. Showers were very clean as was laundry. No CATV nor OTA signal. WiFi was great. Owner immediately responded to an electric question on our pedestal. Workers were grading all the drives and lanes to make everything level. We camped at Lamar Sportsman's RV Center and Horse Motel in a Travel Trailer.

Lamar is a sweet little town, with 2-3 gas stations, many eateries and quaint shops.

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $37.00

We pulled in late evening, hooked up water and electricity. The weather was terrible...wind blowing, snowing and cold which had nothing to do with the park except that the electricity kept cutting in and out. The wifi worked intermittently. We camped at Lamar Sportsman's RV Center and Horse Motel in a Fifth Wheel.

Dirt, Grass

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $26.00

We have been staying in this park off and on for the past five years. It does seem to have fallen on some hard times this year. While not dirty, the showers and bathrooms were not exceptionally clean either. This has always been a RV park of convenience, but not again. We camped at Lamar Sportsman's RV Center and Horse Motel in a Travel Trailer.

Not bad if you have to stay in Lamar.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $37.00

I have to say that I didn't stay at this park. I had looked at past reviews and because I was passing through the area for the first time, planned to stay here for the night. I called ahead of time and asked for a pull through with full hook-ups. The guy I talked to indicated that that would not be a problem.

When I arrived at about 3PM I was met in the office by a lady who told me to just go pick a site and let her know which one I took. I asked if they had cable TV and she said she wasn't sure but she knew that some campers used satellite dishes, not a warm feeling. We agreed in the office that I would take site 39 on the end near the exit. I drove around from the office to the site and found that it was to short for my 36' MH with out disconnecting my tow. I then circled the campground and found that ALL sites were to short. I returned to the office and explained that I couldn't find a site. The lady said why don't you take off your tow? I asked for a refund and left. I'll never stop here again. We camped at Lamar Sportsman's RV Center and Horse Motel in a Motorhome.

Not big enough for my motorhome

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $37.00

We had stayed here before, but the place has gone downhill and the price has gone up.

Fairly level gravel FHU site, but interior roads are poor. Management doesn't seem to care where or how you park as long as you pay first.

We will not be staying here again. We camped at Lamar Sportsman's RV Center and Horse Motel in a Fifth Wheel.

C Row

Poor Conditions

There is a new Wal-Mart at the Southeast corner of town. Best fuel prices are at Loaf & Jug, but access is tight (We fueled without the trailer).

Date of Stay: September, 2015 - $33.00

Stayed but one night, was just passing through. Few trees so somewhat windy but this is the Plains. Level pull through site but there was dampness around several sites which had been graveled over, ours included. That made hooking up a bit of chore. Something was leaking, have no idea what but there was no sewer smell so it must be alright. Easy to access. It is an OK place if just passing through and you need a night to rest. We camped at Lamar Sportsman's RV Center and Horse Motel in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2015 - $28.00

This park is a work in progress for the new owners. They are nice; I hope it is not beyond them. Everyone has been posting about water. It appears to be ground water that is percolating up through the soil. In rural farm terms it is called ponding which can take acres out of production. On the farm it indicates that drain tiles are broken and need to be replaced. I think it is the same here. It needs fixing asap. There is some standing water but the bigger problem is the saturated soil that encompasses many sites.

We did a walk about and picked our site because it was dry.

The office was closed with a call number on the door when we arrived at 1:00pm. The owner arrived about 30mins after call. Once registered, he left again. The office was dark and dingy with no services offered.

The park is not dirty, nor are the horse barns. It is just untidy, junky, messy take your pick. The grounds need tending which is not being done. There are weeks of daily upkeep behind. A big dumpster and a all hands clean up day would go a long way. Even the flagpoles are empty. How hard would it be? This park gives an unattractive first impression that never gets better. The permanent residents appear to be firmly entrenched, not transient workers, not out of state plates. Some are unsettling at best.

There is a pool that probably looks good in season, but now, almost October, needs to be drained and covered. It is an eye sore. Some flowers, landscaping, and lighting would go a long way. Not happening.

The bathrooms are old KOA style and are adequately clean, as are the showers. Saw no reason not to use them. There is also a small laundry.

The park would be better lit at night if some bulbs were replaced.

Previous posts mentioned older kids, I'd put them to work. There needs to be a lot of effort here. I wish them well. We'll not be back to see the effort bear fruit. We camped at Lamar Sportsman's RV Center and Horse Motel in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2015 - $30.00

We stayed one night while passing through (going from Texas to Colorado). We usually stay at a different park in Lamar but decided to try this one since I heard it was under new ownership. Wow - what a mistake. First of all, the service was horrible. The kid (and I do mean kid - only about 13 years old) took my money and said OK - find a place and help yourself. I asked if could tell me which sites were empty so before I started driving around looking for one and he said he didn't know. I could see through the window that it was fairly full (not sure why). So I drove around looking for a site. The sites that were open were soggy wet and the water had been standing for a while so there is definitely a drainage problem. Plus the area smelled like sewer. (Yes, it is a horse motel, and that is a totally different smell.) The sites are very short and very close together. Finally it appeared they had installed new power pedestals and sewer hookups - kudos to them. The power pedestals were fine - no issues. However the sewer hookups are about 9 inches above the dirt. The sewer hookup on my RV is fairly low and near the front of my rig. Since my site was unlevel I had lowered the front of my rig to even it up. That made the sewer hookup almost uphill. Needless to say I didn't get my tanks dumped well before I left. We will NOT stay there again. We camped at Lamar Sportsman's RV Center and Horse Motel in a Fifth Wheel.

Not sure

Ahh nothing - this is Lamar Colorado there is nothing to do there - just pass through quickly.

Date of Stay: July, 2015 - $37.00

Sites very wet, lots of standing moldy smelly water. It was not rain water. Sites were large enough for our 41 ft motorhome and tow vehicle without unhooking. Water pressure and 50 amp worked fine. Did not put jacks down because of muddy conditions. Probably won't stop here again. We camped at Lamar Sportsman's RV Center and Horse Motel in a Motorhome.

F 40

Date of Stay: June, 2015 - $28.00

Sites are not well maintained. Some of the hookup areas have standing water, some of it mossy. Few level sites. Lots of flies. Have stayed here before and was pleased. I won't be coming back.

Very friendly staff. We camped at Lamar Sportsman's RV Center and Horse Motel in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2015 - $33.00

Nor that much to look at but its convenient for passing through. Level sites, functioning hookups. Roads gravel and not too rough. Pool looked nice but didn't use. Couldn't get wifi to work but had a good Verizon signal so didn't bother. When the wind is right you can definitely tell what the big economic activity is. I think its a bit pricey for what you get with a perfectly good Walmart in town (I gotta get an inverter for this new residential refrigerator). We camped at Lamar Sportsman's RV Center and Horse Motel in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2014 - $22.00

This park is easy to find. The owners very nice and help you to your site. Everything is clean and it was quiet. Pads are level gray rocks and there is plenty of room for any size camper. There is a swimming pool. There were no horses in the barns that night. There are restaurants about one mile away on Hwy. 50. We would stay here again. We camped at Lamar Sportsman's RV Center and Horse Motel in a Fifth Wheel.

Are you affiliated with Lamar Sportsman's RV Center and Horse Motel ?