Larkspur, Colorado

• Volley Ball Volley Ball yes
  • Amphitheatre Amphitheatre yes
  • Pond Pond yes

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $60.00

Meh! I mean for the money they charge I just expect more. I spent $60.00 a night for an "electric deluxe site" I don't know what was deluxe about it, no sewer, no water and not level, plus we were in a section that seemed more like overflow camping then a part of the campground. The water was the main issue for me since I hadn't topped my fresh tank and didn't realize I didn't have water until I was completely set up. (Note to self; look at hookups first thing) they do have a hose at the check in station to use but as I said I didn't know this so I used the old 5 gallon jug to get water in it. My real beef with it is their website should have better information about site specific amenities. Like the fire ring we had but didn't know about until we got there, so instead of bringing our own wood we spent $6.50 a bundle for theirs. Overall upkeep of the park was marginal at best the ball pit was a sandbox, the pool was small and crowded and a relic. The field of dreams was an overgrown field. The swimming hole I liked but it too needed the sticker bushes around it taken out an a better way to get to the top of the slide. The staff was very friendly and helpful and my grandkids loved the activities but we weren't impressed. We camped at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park at Larkspur in a Travel Trailer.

PD 1
Gravel, Dirt, Sand, Grass

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $68.00

Disgusting excuse for an RV Park. Sights not level, often in the extreme. Mud, gravel, extremely steep hills complete the scene. We are on top of a hill far from showers or rest room. Unimproved overpriced sad facility. Few alternatives, the place is full. This park should be avoided. We camped at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park at Larkspur in a Motorhome.

Tight Turns, Poor Conditions

This is remote. Nothing in the immediate area. Castle Rock about seven miles away is a nice town.

Date of Stay: October, 2015 - $68.00

Park on edge of railroad tracks & I 25. Noisy all night! Very hilly campground on side of foothill. Sites vary but very few are level. A family oriented park so lots of kids driving golf carts & moving about. WiFi was OK but slow.

If you must stay in that area, pick a site up the hillside but check it out first! We camped at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park at Larkspur in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: September, 2015 - $65.00

Stayed for 2 nights. We have a 43ft and it took a least an hour to get the rig level and the rear wheels are 10 inches off the ground. Had to block the wheels. At 65 dollars a night I would expect better. Staff were nice but no refunds on canceled days. Staff said cost was due to all the cool kiddie amenities. So the retired people can charge extra. The only place that was convenient to stay. We camped at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park at Larkspur in a Motorhome.

Larkspur, Castlerock

Date of Stay: September, 2015 - $60.00

Park is in need of severe upkeep. From the site to dog park, park needs maintenance. Picnic table was not usable, it was in such bad shape. Power pedestal was falling over, water faucet leaked. People coming down the hill, speeding. Staff not doing anything about it. Paid for 2 days, stayed 1. The only way we would stay there again is if we were totally LOST. We camped at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park at Larkspur in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2015 - $60.00

Stayed here because it was close to a wedding we were attending. The place is very hilly, had to back into a slot carved out of a hillside, no problem doing it, just not convenient. There was NO view dirt banks and foliage on both sides. The sewer connection was covered with dirt, had to dig it out prior to being able to hook on. Picnic table was pretty bad shape. Went to swimming pool to find it was out of order, wish they would have told us that when we checked in. They could not help it, it was struck by lightening, out of courtesy think they would tell you. It served the purpose of being close to the wedding, otherwise would not stay again. Had to walk UP hill to get to anything, showers were too far away to use easily. We camped at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park at Larkspur in a Travel Trailer.

Dirt, Sand

Date of Stay: May, 2015 - $48.00

Nice Roomy Park with a dog run, pool, pancake breakfast and plenty of trails for walks. Spacious sites. We camped at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park at Larkspur in a Motorhome.

Castle rock is close by with many shops and restaurants

Date of Stay: September, 2014 - $60.00

Family/kid friendly. If you have kids who like to swim in a warm pool, like hay rides, parks, and a bouncer/trampoline, this is the place for you. Our kids had a blast. Pros - activities, pancake breakfast, clean restrooms. The sites are level, well-shaded, and although close together, they did a great job separating them with trees. Cons - the biggest was no fire rings at individual campsites - instead, you had to walk (or rent a golf cart, as many did) to a common area and use a fire ring there. Impossible to sit around the fire while the kids are asleep inside, or to start a fire in the morning while the rest of the family is still getting up. The other con - it was right next to I-25 and a busy train track. Even though we had layers of trees blocking the views, the trains were loud and frequent (seemed to be at least every 30 minutes). We would likely return, primarily for the kids. We camped at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park at Larkspur in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: June, 2014 - $50.00

I have been RV'ing for over 25 years and can say this was the worst place I have ever stayed. Check in took forever as lady did not know how to work a computer and had to keep re-trying. Only positive was escort to site, as it would be hard using map provided. Sites were so un-level that rear tires were a foot off ground and still not level. So many untrimmed trees that slide out could not be moved until I went out and cut limbs back. After moving rig two times and using all blocks I could find it did level up. Then came three days of kids running around in golf carts unsupervised. Kids shooting off fireworks when it was against campground rules. No one from campground was ever seen trying to stop kids from running wild. I have stayed at the YB park in Wichita Falls Texas and had a great time. This one, not so much. I will go out of my way by 100 miles so as NEVER to stay at this park again. We camped at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park at Larkspur in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2013 - $50.00

First, we are Huge Jellystone park fans. Have been for decades. The owners of this campground are super friendly and we enjoyed their hospitality. This campground just doesn't seem as groomed as others we have visited. The sites seem wedged into the sloping terrain, and heaven help you should it rain (a regular occurrence) as this place will get muddy fast. While there are a number of activities advertised at the campground, they do not live up to the Jellystone norm. Where most parks have a large common hall for movies and activities, this location has a caboose, which was much too small. While we did watch a VHS movie on their small TV, a movie on the big screen in my coach would have been a better experience. This park is famours for having a busy train track running along it's eastern edge. The trains never blew a whistle and were never a disturbance. We camped at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park at Larkspur in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2013 - $63.00

If you are going here to see Yogi Bear then it is fine... otherwise, I'd find somewhere else. The activities described on the website did not even come close in real life. The "slide" is some plastic on a hill into a mud puddle. The pool was ok, but small and did not seem heated. The fishing pond is only ok, if it is your first time fishing. Movie night is a 27" TV and a VHS tape. None of the other activities were scheduled while we were there. Fire department removed most fire rings. The staff was friendly. Renting a golf cart was a big hit. Disc golf was fun. Yogi was fun. Dog park was nice. The site you get is going to affect your opinion of this park a lot. It is on a pretty good sized hill with spots carved out wherever they could. Anywhere up the hill has lots of trees and are well separated. Some sites are big with easy parking and others are very narrow with difficult parking. At the bottom of the hill it is pretty open but most of the spots seemed cramped. We were in 110, which was narrow, but is the last site before a road so it felt big. We camped at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park at Larkspur in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2013 - $55.00

Easy to get to, right by the freeway, but not loud. It actually feels like you're in the forest even though you're in the middle of the city. Staff was friendly at check in and around the park. Biggest complaint and the reason I wouldn't stay here again, is the hills. Most of the sites appeared small and some would require backing downhill into your spot. The escort taking me to my site drove the golf cart up the huge hill so slow that just before I reached the top I lost traction and couldn't make it over the top, I had to back down the hill and come up with more speed to make it. Trees were so close in the spots that an awning couldn't be put out, but there is enough shade that it isn't needed. There wasn't a lot of choices in this area and this one was ok, would stay here again if we had to. We camped at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park at Larkspur in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: October, 2012 - $55.00

Other than being way overpriced and the fact that it is right next door to some very busy railroad tracks, it is not as bad as some reviews I've read. The staff was friendly and helpful and the site (175) had a beautiful view. It was safe and during the summer I'm sure it has a bunch of stuff to do for families. However, we used it for location as it is close to relatives in Castle Rock and there are simply not a lot of RV parks around here. Don't know if we'll stay here again but not a horrible experience all in all. We camped at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park at Larkspur in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: August, 2012 - $44.00

My Army daughter and her husband came from Georgia to visit with myself and her brothers stationed at Ft Carson. The Staff and owners went above and beyond to make our stay pleasant and comfortable. We really liked the all-you-can eat pancakes every morning for only $3.50 with complimentary coffee. I am used to campgrounds with landscaping and grass...but I realized when talking to the owner that this is kept as natural as possible as to not upset the eco balance. No fake bushes or flowers...the sites are private with scrub oak separating them. We loved the Rescue Goat program and heard that they expect a bunch new babies spring 2013, so we are coming back!! We also loved learning about the history of the land and the railroad running in front of the park. This park is very unique with a ranch and a real cowboy! We felt a genuine down-home attitude and are excited about the plans to improve and increase the outdoor family education they have in mind. We camped at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park at Larkspur in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2012 - $49.00

Way too expensive for what is offered. Hilly area for a R.V. park. All gravel roads that are OH so steep. Narrow sites when using slide outs.Lots of highway and train noise as the tracks are right beside the property. It was rather warm and I checked the voltage out after my A/C kicked the breaker out on my motorhome. Power was Very low. I contacted the staff, when they checked it out they agreed but what can they do. I worried about burning out my compressor on the A/C with the low voltage. I would Not camp there again. We camped at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park at Larkspur in a Motorhome.

Are you affiliated with Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park at Larkspur?