Johnson's Corner RV Retreat

Loveland, Colorado

Recent Rate: $32 2/2015

• ATT, Verizon Cellular Phone Providers

SDCampowneroperator

Under new ownership. Management is better than it was in our previous overnights in years past. Facilities show good maintenance. Enhancement of rules reflects both the mostly current residential nature and the quality of experience by staff and owners. We camped at Johnson's Corner RV Retreat in a Fifth Wheel.

RV Camper1

This RV park is in a steady decline from over use and poor maintenance. We have stayed there from time to time for many years but this will be our last visit. It is filled mostly with monthly rentals from the construction & oil industry and because it is one of the lower priced parks in the area it is nearly full all of the time. The park is sorely in need of a remodel and upgrade, as facilities do not seem to have had anything but paint in more than 30 years that we have been staying there. Staff and campers are friendly but facilities are in need of deep cleaning, showers are old and primitive, laundry is in poor condition, and small litter is everywhere. Wi-Fi is poor to unusable. Streets are narrow and filled with parked cars making access very difficult. Due to location there is a lot of highway noise. We camped at Johnson's Corner RV Retreat in a Travel Trailer.

cekkk

Price is with Good Sam discount. Spent two nights here, and by coincidence had spent one night a couple years ago. No major change noticed. It is a bit rough looking due to all the permanent residents, but everyone was friendly. Office staff was very nice, but we were not escorted to our site. Our particular site was plenty long for the pickup and 37' trailer, but as with all the sites, very narrow. Many of the sites would have been very difficult to get into. Used a restroom once and while old, it was clean. Pool looked good from a distance, but didn't seem to be used much. One site near the entrance had a party both nights and my only complaint was we weren't part of it. Nice young folks. Only real noise was from the adjacent interstate. I understand the more gentile traveler may find it intimidating. I do suggest management work harder to get people to clean up after their pets. We used both dog areas and picked up several piles left behind. Also, saw too many messes along the way. We camped at Johnson's Corner RV Retreat in a Travel Trailer.

Old and Know It

Nice setting with trees. A lot of RVs in the park for its size. Very close. Many permanent residents. Convenient location, reasonable price for services. Wouldn't use this park if RV over 35' due to space sizes and crowded conditions of residents parking boats, trailers, vehicles partially in the narrow streets. We camped at Johnson's Corner RV Retreat in a Motorhome.

Dogs and Cats

I have a hard time classifying this as a campground. Most the residents appeared to be long term, the campground has the feel and look of an old trailer park. Oddly enough, this was the only park we were asked the condition of our older MH (1997, fully reconditioned last year including exterior paint and trim)prior to allowing check in. The average age of the RVs in the park seemed much older than ours and rather run down in condition. Sites are gravel and very tight. Tried using the dog run but one the the residents was there with four large (shep mix) and very aggressive dogs. All hook ups worked properly. Stayed here only because it was close to a visit destination and listed as a "Good Sam" park. We camped at Johnson's Corner RV Retreat in a Motorhome.

Danno

Worst RV park we've stayed in (out of 33 parks so far). Rude clerk at check in. Extremely tight getting in/out due to narrow sites and vehicles parked on rows. Park was crammed with permanents who make the park look dumpy. It was so bad, we paid for 2 nights but left after first night. I'd recommend you go anywhere but here! We camped at Johnson's Corner RV Retreat in a Fifth Wheel.

jimandlisa

This is mostly a place for full time residents. We were given a site in a row of full timers and if our fifth wheel was one inch longer we would not have been able to get in and out. Slide outs come within a couple inches of the trailers on either side. Basically a Walmart parking lot with hookups. The place is clean, no trash, and the people are very friendly. OK for a one night stopover, although you may think twice if you have anything longer than 35'. We camped at Johnson's Corner RV Retreat in a Fifth Wheel.

Darlinbeck

Sites are very tight. Park needs some updating. Lots of full time residents. Nice pool area. Lot of highway noise. We camped at Johnson's Corner RV Retreat in a Motorhome.

User2572

This park was packed with live ins. A few traveler sites were available. We almost had to unhitch our vehicle to pull out because the site was so narrow. The roads are narrow also. You can hear the interstate traffic all night; even with A/C running. Without going too far from the freeway, this was one of the few places to stay, but we will try to avoid having to stay here again. The restaurant is 1/2 mile away. We walked there. The food was terrible. We didn't eat our dinners. But the "world famous cinnamon rolls" were truly amazing. We camped at Johnson's Corner RV Retreat in a Motorhome.

User2081

I'm being generous and giving this campground a two - only because it has a couple of good points. Very close to and noisy I-25, but that can be a plus for traveling to nearby destinations, for vacationers like my family. Yes, primarily long term 'live in' people, but I met one amazingly nice couple up near the front. Biggest problems: the sites are on top of each other, dusty gravel roads, no shade (where we were), strange site configuration, barely room for our van even with a little pop-up and I have only once in my life seen a solid cement picnic table and benches! (in FL) OK if you're in a big RV and not going to use it, same with most of my other complaints. Also, the bath house was marginal at best. No A/C, no soap, no paper towels, small, and small shower stalls. The saving grace, for us, was the swimming pool, especially for the kids. The location was convenient enough to go to Rocky Mountain National Park, but I would go somewhere else definitely next time. The straw that breaks it for me was the office staff - they were indifferent at best and completely ill informed about the surrounding area as evidenced by both people at check in said that they 'do not know' how far it is to Rocky Mt. National Park!! That is the only reason we went there. Also, when I realized that they did not give us the code for the internet at check in, I called from my air conditioned camper to get the code so that I could search for a grocery store on my computer. When the woman in the office said she 'could not/would not?' give it to me over the phone, and that I had to come over to the office, I went in there and told her that I did not like my site and felt that we had been treated poorly. After that they came by on a golf cart and offered to change our site because they wanted us to be 'happy'. That's something anyway. But always check here first. Do not go by AAA, who gave this park a 3/3 rating. We camped at Johnson's Corner RV Retreat in a Tent Trailer.

DesertLady

Awful. Sites literally overlap; neighbor's awning in space assigned to us so we could not open ours. (His space clearly too small also.) Neighbor's space looks like trailer-trash, dirty, multiple LP cannisters lined up. No table; or the neighbor has it. No space for a truck. Neighbor's truck extends into our space. Unfriendly check-in. Wi-Fi very limited and constantly disconnects. And for this, $38. (Had to stay as no place else available during Cheyenne Rodeo.) Worst ever in hundreds of campgrounds. We camped at Johnson's Corner RV Retreat in a Fifth Wheel.

ldsmamie

This is one of the poorest campgrounds we have stayed in!! We should have read the previous posts first. Sites are so tight your slide outs almost touch and I seriously mean that. There are lots of permanent residents in trailers. We would never stay here again and can not imagine that anyone else would. We camped at Johnson's Corner RV Retreat in a Motorhome.

RV Camper1

The park is nice and nearly all sites are shady. The RV sites are small and very tightly packed. Because it is near the interstate highway it is very convenient but it is also very noisy with constant highway noise and heavy truck traffic. The park is pet friendly but the pet run was filthy dirty and poorly maintained and our dog refused to go inside. There are also numerous older RVs that have boards around them for skirting and seem to be permanent residents. We camped at Johnson's Corner RV Retreat in a Motorhome.

John P

Like the previous reviewer I found this park extremely congested. Some of the regulars even had tents on there site to accommodate additional family members who were apparently staying there full time. The noise from I-25 was round the clock and the trees prevented getting a satellite signal. The pluses were the roads were paved and the gravel sites were level. The laundry was clean. I would probably look for another place if I'm in the area again. We camped at Johnson's Corner RV Retreat in a Motorhome.

John - Tx Hill Country

This "Retreat" is the recipient of my first ever "Sardine Can" award. I'm not sure I have ever seen so many RVs packed into one place except maybe at a rally. My neighbor on the left is so close, I cannot open my basement doors. We also share "our" patio space with an old permanent trailer. The interior roads are paved, and our site was level. I would guess about 80% of the park's population are seasonal residents and permanent residents. Some are VERY junky looking. There is a lot of traffic noise from the nearby I-25. There are very tall trees strategically planted to where most sites get no satellite reception, that's why there are dishes all over the place sitting on the ground. The free WiFi signal strength is poor (in the SW corner of the park at least), and the Internet speeds are abysmal ranging from 45k to 100k download speed. At least my iPhone had a good 3G signal, so I could use it for email and browsing. I wouldn't stay here again if they gave me a site for free. We camped at Johnson's Corner RV Retreat in a Motorhome.

St. Vrain State Park

Longmont, Colorado

Boyd Lake State Park

Loveland, Colorado

Top Tips for this Campground

• JCRV Park is currently filled to near capacity with long term residents. However, decorum was observed.

SDCampowneroperatorMarch 2015

Are you affiliated with Johnson's Corner RV Retreat?